The Official Qanba Fightstick Thread (New products Coming)

1787980818284»

Comments

• 62Telecaster62Telecaster Joined: Posts: 9
    I'm looking at getting a Carbon or Q1 with a Brook Converter for Xbox One use...is it possible for somebody with zero modding experience to install Sanwa buttons and a JLF stick to the Carbon without soldering or anything beyond easy drop-in/snap parts?

Option 2 is to grab a Qanba Shop Q1 with Sanwa parts already installed and pay-up on shipping, unfortunately.
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,609
    Yes, Sanwa upgrade is easy mode.
  • 62Telecaster62Telecaster Joined: Posts: 9
    Thanks man, I just watched a ton of videos and it seems easy enough. I was a bit confused by the first one that I watched before posting as it mentioned some more advanced mods which I got crossed-up with the JLF drop-in.

Pretty sure I can handle it and it might be fun. New question though...any key know if the Carbon has a separate artwork and panel, or if the artwork is screenprinted onto the panel like the Q1?
    The carbon has a plexi with the artwork infused onto it like the Q4.
  • retrogamer513retrogamer513 Joined: Posts: 12
    Does anyone have the Qanba Q4Raf Ice Red and can tell me if the balltop color is red or vermillion ? I really like the color and I want to buy buttons and a balltop of the same shade for an arcade control panel. Thanks.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,279
    Does anyone have the Qanba Q4Raf Ice Red and can tell me if the balltop color is red or vermillion ? I really like the color and I want to buy buttons and a balltop of the same shade for an arcade control panel. Thanks.

I would say Red. Vermilion has a slight orange cast to it and the Qanba Q4Raf Ice Red is more of a deep crimson.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • ArtesiaTheDeadArtesiaTheDead Joined: Posts: 1
    Hi everyone~

I recently decided to switch to stick, but unfortunately the stick that I really wanted is only for Xbox 360/PS3/PC. It is the Qanba Q2 Glow. Does anyone know a stick just like this or very similar for the Xbox One?

Thank you !
    There is none. Qanba didn't bother with Xbone. You're better off getting the Q2 Glow and modding it.
  • jpenguin77jpenguin77 Old Ass Button Masher Joined: Posts: 263
    edited June 17
    So I've started into a dm Obsidian to ufb on a dpdt switch. Both boards come up like they should but not getting buttons or inputs for the ufb. Curious things; i wire up the stick and up is active untouched or if I put in a button input it's active with no ground wire. I haven't seen anyone else try to dm these yet but wanted to give it a go.

Edit: Obsidian works fine 100% but just ufb.
    Another Edit: I'm thinking I'm missing where I can power up the board from the ufb perhaps but then why are things registering at all then?
    Just a hero for fun
    You might need diodes for every input because of the touchpad. Better off just doing a full pcb swap imo.
  • NeonfinityNeonfinity Joined: Posts: 1
    Any idea when Amazon USA will restock the Obsidian?
  • jpenguin77jpenguin77 Old Ass Button Masher Joined: Posts: 263
    BolSadguy wrote: »
    You might need diodes for every input because of the touchpad. Better off just doing a full pcb swap imo.
    I wanted to keep audio support and touchpad on the Qanba board. But diodes make sense. Thanks.
    Just a hero for fun
  • wannerwanner Joined: Posts: 21
    Anyone in Europe who can enlighten me on the best way to get hold of the Obsidian? Seems impossible without paying a fortune in shipping...
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,279
    wanner wrote: »
    Anyone in Europe who can enlighten me on the best way to get hold of the Obsidian? Seems impossible without paying a fortune in shipping...

That just the European market for you
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • MlapMlap Joined: Posts: 1
    Anyone got an english user manual for Q4Raf? Got the white / red version second hand, buttons are wrongly mapped (1-->3, 3-->4, 4-->1 and shoulder buttons switched sides)

Accidentally plugged the stick to my PC the first time on 360 mode, got an driver installation error but now it seems to have installed through after re-plugging. Still mismapped buttons. I got a japanese user manual along the box but there seem to be some steps to set this thing up on PC. (Using PC/PS3 mode now)
  • DevdanDevdan Joined: Posts: 538
    Stupid question about puttin sanwa buttons in the Crystal. If you don't care about LED functionality, can you just pop them in like in any other stick without worry? Or do you have to do something with the LED board / wires / whatever. I'm not great at this sort of thing
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,722
    Devdan wrote: »
    Stupid question about puttin sanwa buttons in the Crystal. If you don't care about LED functionality, can you just pop them in like in any other stick without worry? Or do you have to do something with the LED board / wires / whatever. I'm not great at this sort of thing

Yes. Regular Sanwa buttons will fit right in. Just push the extra LED wire off to the side or wrap them up if you'd like.
  • GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i'm replacing the stock buttons on a qanba carbon (a Q1 reskin) with sanwa OBSFs i've had since 2004, but the buttons don't seem to fit the holes properly. the buttons can shift around by up to 2 mm, which any person would consider unacceptable. i assume that sanwa did not increase the size of their buttons between 2004 and now. i am also wondering if the tabs that stick out of the button which have the ridges to hold the housing to the panel are somehow angled incorrectly (ie. not sticking out enough) from prior use. however, there is no vertical movement of the button housing in the panel, so i can't imagine why that would be an issue. maybe the button housings are warped from pressure when they were in my old stick? is that possible for the type of plastic sanwa buttons are made of? the stock buttons fit firmly and do not budge, so there doesnt seem to be any defect with the qanba.

hope somebody can shoot some ideas off me as this simple project has actually been a total bust so far.
    This message will self-destruct.
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 3,715
    Hey does anyone know if Qanba Q1 ps3 work for a ps4 specifically for sfv and ultra?
    I block better in Marvel than i do in Streetfighter :(

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    Ae2012-Yun/Yang/Seth/Ryu/Cody/Dudley
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    Mr.PaVy-RD wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know if Qanba Q1 ps3 work for a ps4 specifically for sfv and ultra?

It should work for SFV (can't remember how reliable the legacy support in that game is), but I don't think Ultra has legacy support.
    i'm replacing the stock buttons on a qanba carbon (a Q1 reskin) with sanwa OBSFs i've had since 2004, but the buttons don't seem to fit the holes properly. the buttons can shift around by up to 2 mm, which any person would consider unacceptable. i assume that sanwa did not increase the size of their buttons between 2004 and now. i am also wondering if the tabs that stick out of the button which have the ridges to hold the housing to the panel are somehow angled incorrectly (ie. not sticking out enough) from prior use. however, there is no vertical movement of the button housing in the panel, so i can't imagine why that would be an issue. maybe the button housings are warped from pressure when they were in my old stick? is that possible for the type of plastic sanwa buttons are made of? the stock buttons fit firmly and do not budge, so there doesnt seem to be any defect with the qanba.

hope somebody can shoot some ideas off me as this simple project has actually been a total bust so far.

On a fresh sanwa button there are noticeable protrusions around the housing. These are meant to secure the button to the panel in addition to the snap tabs. These can get worn down with repeatedly removing/installing them, making the button looser.
  • YandeRainyYandeRainy Joined: Posts: 1
    edited November 20
    Can the Qanba Obsidian PCB be relocated? I want to use Crown/Samducksa buttons, but those only come in screw on varieties, and the PCB on this is allegedly mounted to the bottom of the control panel making the nut not have room to fit.
  • NoJohnsNoJohns Strike the earth! Joined: Posts: 27
    I'm guessing this question has been asked before, but I have a question for any Qanba Dragon owners.
    Is it comfortable on your lap or is it purely a "coffee table" stick?
    PSN: JOKERSHENCHMAN
    Steam ID: BOSS GHOST
    Twitter: NoJohnz
  • ScotchScotch Joined: Posts: 113
    edited November 30
    It's really comfortable on my lap, I even perfer it over the Hori VLX comfort wise.
  • NoJohnsNoJohns Strike the earth! Joined: Posts: 27
    Scotch wrote: »
    It's really comfortable on my lap, I even perfer it over the Hori VLX comfort wise.
    Huh, interesting. It looks so massive that I didn't think it would be comfortable. Wish I could try it out, but no one in my local scene has one.

PSN: JOKERSHENCHMAN
    Steam ID: BOSS GHOST
    Twitter: NoJohnz
  • mikeoharamikeohara Old Man Hands Joined: Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 5
    deleted comment.

Post edited by mikeohara on
  • kiddakidda Joined: Posts: 4
    Hi guys, I have a Qanba Q4 Raf 2in1 and I'd like to know what joysticks will fit in it and plug straight in, the current JLF is getting old and i'd like to try something new for a change if possible. Cheers
    kidda wrote: »
    Hi guys, I have a Qanba Q4 Raf 2in1 and I'd like to know what joysticks will fit in it and plug straight in, the current JLF is getting old and i'd like to try something new for a change if possible. Cheers

2in1? I thought it was a 3in1? Xbox360, PS3, and PC?

In any case, assuming it's just the regular Q4RAF, JLF and Seimitsu LS-32 will both work. I assume other similar Sanwa and Seimitsu products will work, since they generally have the same attachment points.

Keep in mind with Seimitsus, you'll need to remove the top panel, which requires a bit more work than doing it from the bottom. Still fairly easy to do with the right hand tools, patience, and basic knowledge of how to use tools. Seimitsus also require that you flip the 5-pin harness upside down from how its oriented with Sanwa.
  • warheadwarhead Joined: Posts: 18
    Crown 309MJ fits in a Q4RAF with no issues
    edited December 13
    warhead wrote: »
    Crown 309MJ fits in a Q4RAF with no issues

Thanks for the replies, that's really good to know.
    eltrouble wrote: »
    kidda wrote: »

2in1? I thought it was a 3in1? Xbox360, PS3, and PC?

In any case, assuming it's just the regular Q4RAF, JLF and Seimitsu LS-32 will both work. I assume other similar Sanwa and Seimitsu products will work, since they generally have the same attachment points.

Keep in mind with Seimitsus, you'll need to remove the top panel, which requires a bit more work than doing it from the bottom. Still fairly easy to do with the right hand tools, patience, and basic knowledge of how to use tools. Seimitsus also require that you flip the 5-pin harness upside down from how its oriented with Sanwa.

2in1 is PS3 and PC only, looks slightly different https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/QanBa-Q4RAF-2-In-1-Arcade-Fighting-Stick-For-PS3-PC.html

That should be no problem, what is the LS-32 like compared to a JLF? I'm wanting something less "loose" and a lot shorter throw ideally
    Ah, then I can't guarantee whether it'll work or not. Whether or not Sanwa and Seimitsu are swappable depends entirely on what kind of mount you have in the Qanba. While universal is becoming fairly standard, I've got no personal experience with this stick.

I greatly prefer the LS-32. Shorter throw, slightly less pronounced dead spot in the neutral, the levers have a nice "bounce" to them to let you feel engagement before it clicks. It's the stick of choice for many old school Capcom heads and people who are into shmups. So far I'm enjoying it more than the JLF.

While the JLF is popular, general consensus is that it's sort of the "all-arounder" stick that does nothing well and nothing bad. But the build quality is nice as well on both sticks.

A worn out Sanwa JLF will feel better than a worn out LS-32 imo, but in either case, a general cleaning + relubing will get things feeling new. For me, Seimitsu LS-32 has so far been my favorite (and the most popular Seimitsu stick) and Sanwa JLW is my favorite Sanwa stick.
    edited December 14
    Thanks for the help guys, I went with the Crown 309MJ
    Post edited by kidda on