Absolute Question and Answer Thread (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

Comments

• JessehJesseh Joined: Posts: 13
    I've got a Madcatz PS3 TE, how to dual mod it? I'd like to use it on my PC as well, and I've got a laptop with nvidia chipset, so it's impossible without dual modding the stick, right? So, yeah, how to do it? Thanks in advance.
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭
    Jesseh said:

I've got a Madcatz PS3 TE, how to dual mod it? I'd like to use it on my PC as well

If you only want to use it on PC then it may simply be the case of finding the correct USB hub to plug the stick into. I forget the name of the type you need.

If you wanted to dual mod it anyway then IMO use a 360 Fightpad/Brawlpad/Strekken pcb and an IMPv2 board. Lots of soldering required.
    gahrling said:

Jesseh said:

I've got a Madcatz PS3 TE, how to dual mod it? I'd like to use it on my PC as well

If you only want to use it on PC then it may simply be the case of finding the correct USB hub to plug the stick into. I forget the name of the type you need.

If you wanted to dual mod it anyway then IMO use a 360 Fightpad/Brawlpad/Strekken pcb and an IMPv2 board. Lots of soldering required.
    Soldering isn't a problem, but if there is easier way I'm willing to take it. So the USB hub would be nice, too bad you can't remember the type? Maybe someone else? Maybe?
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex HARDBody Joined: Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭
    Can the new ps360 PCB power a Happ Perfect 360/Wico optical sticks?
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,741 mod

Yep.
    Additonally, the PS360+ offers easy access to its VCC and ground lines to allow for additional customization, such as LEDs, optical joysticks, or additional controller PCBs.
    Source.
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

• Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex HARDBody Joined: Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭

Yep.
    Additonally, the PS360+ offers easy access to its VCC and ground lines to allow for additional customization, such as LEDs, optical joysticks, or additional controller PCBs.
    Source.
    Thanks that's what I figured, but when I initially read the documentation over at FA, I was not sure if they just meant Sanwa Flash sticks. I figure so long as I can get on the VCC easily, I can slap in any optical of my choosing. I am trying to rebuild some DC MvC2 sticks, and the ps360 may be the simplest route to take.
  • brainsawbrainsaw Joined: Posts: 5
    Hi,
    i was wondering if someone may be able to offer some advice...
    I am in the process of building a DIY stick for PC with a hacked USB controller (generic cheapo)
    Everything went well (all buttons are working) until i tested the joystick which only reads left and down,right and up on the stick also read left and down.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    brainsaw said:

Hi,
    i was wondering if someone may be able to offer some advice...
    I am in the process of building a DIY stick for PC with a hacked USB controller (generic cheapo)
    Everything went well (all buttons are working) until i tested the joystick which only reads left and down,right and up on the stick also read left and down.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What happens when you reverse the connector on the stick?
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

• fakesephirothfakesephiroth Joined: Posts: 1
    HELLO SRK!!! quick noobie question where can i buy a replacement round one mad catz t.e metal plate? if your asking why it's because i bought a used one for 80 bucks for my xbox 360 the previous owner managed to get the buttons real dirty the connectors for the buttons are all bent (to the side!!!) the original soldered plate that held the JLF stick is missing the only thing holding the JLF in place are four screws the previous owner put on there and to my surprise it still works!! i can just return it and get my cash back but i figured it still work why not replace the messed up cables buy new buttons and the metal plate right?? so if anyone can help me out i will really appreciate it. remember its the mad catz street fighter 4 round 1 t.e stick for the xbox 360!
    Same thing,i have tried different combinations of the wires from the joysitck directions on the PCB and alll i ever get is left and down.
    Would a pictue of my board soldering help at all ?
    brainsaw said:

Would a pictue of my board soldering help at all ?

It would help, yes.

• justplainluckyjustplainlucky Joined: Posts: 9
    edited February 2013
    I have a question regarding installing the ps360+ onto a madcatz round one te (PS3).

I heard from many people that compatibility isn't an issue, and that after installing it everything should work as normal. EXCEPT for the home button.

I know that pressing start+select emulates the home button, which makes me wonder; does installing the ps360+ DISABLE the home button? if I press it on my ps3 (or 360 after installing it) will nothing happen?
    Post edited by justplainlucky on
  • Raoul DukeRaoul Duke Look on the bright side,suicide. Joined: Posts: 967

I got this stick a few days ago and I am having a few issues. All the buttons work, but the directions are messed up. Up does up, left goes left, down goes up, and right goes right and also does a punch input ( I forgot which, I think it was the red colored one in SSFIV training mode, I am at work now. i prolly should have noted that down :/). I think I can figure out the directions, but the punch kinda throws me off. Anyone have any ideas? Or can someone link me to the PCB diagram? I am sure it is out there, but I am having trouble finding it.
    Thanks in advance TTT
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die
  • AYO?!AYO?! Fight for Mutantkind Joined: Posts: 15,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok two questions, I got a PS3 SCV TE stick in the mail a few weeks ago. I take care of my stuff and keep them up and out of the way when not used and up until now it hasn't cause me any problems. But today I've had two very noticeable problems that are irritating to say the least.

1. The Medium Punch/Triangle/Second button from the top row is out. Won't work on any PS3 fighters or my PC. I am told this is likely a quick connect issue and I'll have to open it up to toggle with the controls...something I have no idea what to do but I'm sure I can easily find, just want a second opinion here.

2. When using the stick on the Playstation start screen, or even hitting the Playstation button on the stick itself freezes every other button and won't allow me to navigate the PS3 menu. I can press the PS button again on the controller and have it close fine. If I unplug and plug it back in, it usually works until I press the Home button or exit to the main screen where I have to again unplug/plug. Up until today this also worked fine for navigation.

I have no idea what is causing this, I have it set on default (DP/Unlocked) and even toggling to anything different gives me no reaction.

Just kind of baffles me and is really a headache, considering I have a 360 TE1 from about four almost five years ago that works perfectly fine with no repairs to this day.

Any help would be appreciated.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • RufusRufus An unexpected database error has occurred. Joined: Posts: 1,911 ✭✭
    edited February 2013

I know that pressing start+select emulates the home button, which makes me wonder; does installing the ps360+ DISABLE the home button? if I press it on my ps3 (or 360 after installing it) will nothing happen?

For a simple install, this will probably be the case.

I think I can figure out the directions, but the punch kinda throws me off. Anyone have any ideas?

There may be some loose wire or solder shorting the button line to the direction lines. It could also be a bad PCB.
    AYO said:

am told this is likely a quick connect issue and I'll have to open it up to toggle with the controls...something I have no idea what to do but I'm sure I can easily find, just want a second opinion here.

The trial fix here is 'unplug the button, and plug it back in'. If that doesn't work, you can try manually shorting the button (connecting the two wires that go to it to each other) to see if the lines work.
    AYO said:

When using the stick on the Playstation start screen, or even hitting the Playstation button on the stick itself freezes every other button and won't allow me to navigate the PS3 menu.

Not familiar with this one, but could it be that the home button is sticking? Have you tried jiggling the button as you push it down, or giving the side of the stick a sharp tap? (Whack it on the side of the monitor sometimes does help.)
    Post edited by Rufus on
    Hitboxes http://www.pedantic.org/~nate/HDR/
    "You don't know what you're talking about as much as I do." -- Unknown

I got this stick a few days ago and I am having a few issues. All the buttons work, but the directions are messed up. Up does up, left goes left, down goes up, and right goes right and also does a punch input ( I forgot which, I think it was the red colored one in SSFIV training mode, I am at work now. i prolly should have noted that down :/). I think I can figure out the directions, but the punch kinda throws me off. Anyone have any ideas?

I've seen this problem at least twice before, and both times it was caused by a faulty motherboard. Look into replacing it with a 360 Fightpad pcb or PS360+ board.

I swear, Hori have made some of the worst quality pcb's..

• GhazManGhazMan Joined: Posts: 25
    edited February 2013
    Hi guys, sorry if this has been asked already. I recently successfully built an arcade stick for the ps3 using a ps3 sixaxis pad (spiffy shoes solderless hack) and now I've seriously got the bug to build another one. However I am in the uk and I can't seem to find a supplier in the uk for a ps360+ board as I want to make a multi console one. It will probably cost too much to ship from focus attack to the uk, also I will get stung by the customs and duty charges.

Does anyone know any uk supplier? Or, What do you think about using one of those multi console datel sticks that cost around £30 on ebay? I could probably take the pcb out of the datel stick but I don't know if they lag or the general quality of the pcb.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

GhazMan
    Post edited by GhazMan on
    GhazMan wrote: »
    Hi guys, sorry if this has been asked already. I recently successfully built an arcade stick for the ps3 using a ps3 sixaxis pad (spiffy shoes solderless hack) and now I've seriously got the bug to build another one. However I am in the uk and I can't seem to find a supplier in the uk for a ps360+ board

*ahem*

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/162222
  • GhazManGhazMan Joined: Posts: 25
  • Raoul DukeRaoul Duke Look on the bright side,suicide. Joined: Posts: 967
    edited February 2013
    Can i use a Sparky PWM SMD LED Controller PCB to light up a balltop or just buttons?
    Sorry if this is a dumb question :/

NVM found it
    Post edited by Raoul Duke on
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die
  • ChoppaholicChoppaholic Sometimes Down Never Out Joined: Posts: 142
    I am having a issue with my plexi...I took off a decal and it left the sticky adhesive behind..I went online and saw some tips like WD-40 and dish soap and water will take it off or acetone...nothing has worked so far...the adhesive is gone but it left behind a smudgy residue that will not come off..I heard Goo Gone will work but before I try it I thought id ask the experts here first...any help will be appreciated
    I am having a issue with my plexi...I took off a decal and it left the sticky adhesive behind..I went online and saw some tips like WD-40 and dish soap and water will take it off or acetone...nothing has worked so far...the adhesive is gone but it left behind a smudgy residue that will not come off..I heard Goo Gone will work but before I try it I thought id ask the experts here first...any help will be appreciated

Basic label remover should serve you well. It uses citrus oil (usually orange or lemon) along with other chemicals to destroy the adhesive grease. Something like this:

http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-power/ppc108/label-remover-200ml/dp/SA01889
  • OrcManneROrcManneR Joined: Posts: 2
    If I want to replace stick and button on my datel arcade pro, do I have to solder? The cables are already soldered to my PCB, right? Cant I just use the same cables for my new buttons?
    So, I've got PS3 TE stick. Because my PC is a laptop with nvidia chipset, I can't use the stick on my PC as is, so I'm asking here. Is there possibility of using USB hub that would make using my PS3 stick with my laptop possible? If not, I guess I have to resort to dual modding the stick, so what would be the best/ easiest way to go with this since I'm a total noobie about modding a stick? Thanks in advance, I'm in desperate need for help here.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 10,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesseh wrote: »
    So, I've got PS3 TE stick. Because my PC is a laptop with nvidia chipset, I can't use the stick on my PC as is, so I'm asking here. Is there possibility of using USB hub that would make using my PS3 stick with my laptop possible? If not, I guess I have to resort to dual modding the stick, so what would be the best/ easiest way to go with this since I'm a total noobie about modding a stick? Thanks in advance, I'm in desperate need for help here.
    No. A USB hub only relays the information forwards.

The issue still lies in your PC's chipset and the stick's PCB. The older PS3 Mad Catz TE wants to do everything via UHCI, your chipset do not accept UHCI protocol.
    If you are new to modding, you want the most all in 1 piece modding solution as possible.

If you just want PS3 and PC support go with the regular Toodles Cthulhu board as its your best and cheapest option
    If you want PS3 and Xbox 360 Support (that includes PC) go for the PS360+
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • NefariousJoeNefariousJoe Joined: Posts: 274
    edited February 2013
    Forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but I really don't know how to phrase the problem succinctly enough for a search (I tried, but I couldn't find anything). So I have two TE sticks and they both have the exact same problem that I haven't the faintest clue how to solve.

They both hang on the 4 position (so, back on the P1 side) to the point of continuing to, I don't know, transmit it when I move the stick or just let it go. So the character will walk in that direction longer than they should, and a half or quarter-circle motion wont work, the special wouldn't come out. Is the JLF switch sticking, you ask? No, no it is not. I thought it was a simple open up and replace job only to find that apparently that has nothing to do with it. It doesn't have to do with the stick physically getting stuck either, the problem happens when I just push the cherry switch with my finger, too. I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions?
    Post edited by NefariousJoe on
  • MingoDynastyMingoDynasty PC gaming master race Joined: Posts: 5,471
    Hi I saw that the MCZ SCV stick is on sale at Gameshark store, as well as Amazon for $100 http://www.amazon.com/SoulCalibur-Arcade-FightStick-Edition-Playstation-3/dp/B006EJ38W8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360808376&sr=8-1&keywords=scv+fightstick

I'm convinced to buy it, but should I get the PS3 or 360 version? My plan is to buy it then dual mod it; I wasn't sure if one version is easier to dual mod than the other.
    If you going to dual-mod the stick any ways, go for the Xbox 360 version as ether way you need the Xbox 360 PCB.
    You might also want the existing headset jack for the Xbox 360.
    Also in general it is easier to start with a Xbox 360 stick and add PS3 support than the other way around.

With the Xbox 360 stick you also have more options concerning what board you want to dual mod with (assuming your keeping the Xbox 360 PCB).
    The Cthulhu/ MC Cthulhu, the chimp, the Cerberus, the Kitty TE (for Mad Catz TE sticks for the Soul edition stick get the TE-S harness too), the Ps360+, the Paewang and so on.

Now if you go with a PS360+ PCB, it does not matter which version of the stick you get as you are gutting out the PCB any ways.
    If you got the PS360+ route you could sell the Xbox 360 PCB off to a modder who might just need the PCB.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
    Forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but I really don't know how to phrase the problem succinctly enough for a search (I tried, but I couldn't find anything). So I have two TE sticks and they both have the exact same problem that I haven't the faintest clue how to solve.

They both hang on the 4 position (so, back on the P1 side) to the point of continuing to, I don't know, transmit it when I move the stick or just let it go. So the character will walk in that direction longer than they should, and a half or quarter-circle motion wont work, the special wouldn't come out. Is the JLF switch sticking, you ask? No, no it is not. I thought it was a simple open up and replace job only to find that apparently that has nothing to do with it. It doesn't have to do with the stick physically getting stuck either, the problem happens when I just push the cherry switch with my finger, too. I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions?

Sounds like the joystick it self (or one of the microswitches in the joystick) are sticking.
  • mrwappazmrwappaz Joined: Posts: 17
    For some reason my Datel Arcade Pro Joystick is not working anymore. I modded the thing with sanwa parts and when I put it in the PS3 it worked at first but than a message pops up that says that the PS3 can't handle the electricity or something like that and than the stick just stoped working. I put the cable in again and than it worked but suddenly stoped working again and this time permanently. So I plugg it into my Xbox 360 and it doesn't work there either. Than i plugg it into my PC and a message pops up that says: a usb device is malfunctioning and has exceeded the navports energy limit. I would be really happy if i could get some help. Here's some pictures on the thing:
    307450_100686263448851_600415842_n.jpg
    563385_100686253448852_675356_n.jpg
    426687_100686276782183_178868052_n.jpg
    531953_100686290115515_1414373622_n.jpg
    529175_100686333448844_184841229_n.jpg
    479734_100686360115508_2036632606_n.jpg
    71853_100686433448834_364106408_n.jpg
  • OrcManneROrcManneR Joined: Posts: 2
    If I want to replace stick and button on my datel arcade pro, do I have to solder? The cables are already soldered to my PCB, right? Cant I just use the same cables for my new buttons?
    I'm convinced to buy it, but should I get the PS3 or 360 version? My plan is to buy it then dual mod it; I wasn't sure if one version is easier to dual mod than the other.

OrcManneR wrote: »

1. Yes
    2. No
    3. No

edited February 2013
    Darksakul wrote: »
    If you going to dual-mod the stick any ways, go for the Xbox 360 version as ether way you need the Xbox 360 PCB.
    You might also want the existing headset jack for the Xbox 360.
    Also in general it is easier to start with a Xbox 360 stick and add PS3 support than the other way around.

With the Xbox 360 stick you also have more options concerning what board you want to dual mod with (assuming your keeping the Xbox 360 PCB).
    The Cthulhu/ MC Cthulhu, the chimp, the Cerberus, the Kitty TE (for Mad Catz TE sticks for the Soul edition stick get the TE-S harness too), the Ps360+, the Paewang and so on.

Now if you go with a PS360+ PCB, it does not matter which version of the stick you get as you are gutting out the PCB any ways.
    If you got the PS360+ route you could sell the Xbox 360 PCB off to a modder who might just need the PCB.

gahrling wrote: »

Thanks for your input. I ended up buying the MCZ SCV 360 stick on Amazon because now the price is $92 USD with free shipping.

My other question is, which dual modding route should I take? Any pros/cons of cthulhu, chimp, ps360, etc.?
    Post edited by MingoDynasty on
    My other question is, which dual modding route should I take? Any pros/cons of cthulhu, chimp, ps360, etc.?

Cerberus if you can't be bothered to solder.

ChImp SMD if you can.
    Although the amount of required soldering with a Chimp is minimum.
    Connecting wires to ground, and each push button and directional signal.
    These points are labled on the Xbox 360 PCB. Hardest (to me) is getting the guide/home soldering done, which I go to the guide area mini PCB.
    I would have also mentioned the Kitty board + TE-S cables, but they've seemingly disappeared now : /
  • Bacon ManicBacon Manic Werd? Joined: Posts: 104
    I'm just going to ask this here. I hope this is the right place. Where is the "best" place to purchase buttons from? I need to replace mine and I am looking for a good shop to purchase these through.
    XBL: LinearStarScrem
    Be sure to add me, just make sure you let me know where you found me.
  • NefariousJoeNefariousJoe Joined: Posts: 274
    Sounds like the joystick it self (or one of the microswitches in the joystick) are sticking.

It does sound like that, yes. But, I assure you, that is not the problem. So what dictates how the stick behaves? What piece of plastic in there makes the directions happen on screen?
    edited February 2013

It does sound like that, yes. But, I assure you, that is not the problem. So what dictates how the stick behaves? What piece of plastic in there makes the directions happen on screen?

jlf-p5__55559.1323408836.1024.768.jpg
    The Actuator http://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-jlf-p-5-actuator/
    Post edited by Darksakul on
  • EGeekoEGeeko Joined: Posts: 6
    I need help. This concerns dual modding a xbox 360 madcatz round 2 TE stick with the ChImp. After installing the ChImp, all functions of the ps3/pc worked great! When plugged into an Xbox it also worked, but there were a few issues. First issue: I cannot navigate the Xbox guide with the joystick. All of the buttons work fine and the Xbox guide button works fine, but I can't seem to move around the home and store. It is stuck highlighting just the game. Second concern: When the stick is set to DP, and I hold down on the stick, if I press or hold roundhouse, it disables my down input on the joystick. Instead of crouching roundhouse I get standing roundhouse. My last concern: some of the joystick directions have a delay as if I am holding them longer than I need to. This especially happens with left and down. If I hold left for 2 seconds, then go back to neutral, my character will continue to walk left for another second. Please help me. Any advice would be helpful. I would like to try to save this stick without having to replace that board with a Xbox fight pad pcb. I honestly don't know what to do at this point. I disconnected everything, and then organized the cords inside, and then reconnected a different chImp, and the issues still occur. Worse part about it is that this isn't my stick... It's one of my friends... So I really need some help.
  • WachuweyWachuwey Joined: Posts: 25
    Hello.
    I'm about to use bakelite to make a new stick, and i'm not sure what to use to cut it.
    It is a panel of 350mm x 460mm x5mm, and I want to cut in in 2 pieces (350mm x 230mm x5mm)

If you don't know what bakelite, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakelite

I don't have too many cutting tools.
    Just a hand sewer, dremel, small grinder and jig saw.

Does anyone know what is best way to cut it?
    Thanks.
  • Bacon ManicBacon Manic Werd? Joined: Posts: 104
    EGeeko wrote: »
    snip.

Have you checked any kind of grounding.. It sounds like it could be a grounding issue..? Correct me if I am wrong though

XBL: LinearStarScrem
    Be sure to add me, just make sure you let me know where you found me.
    Wachuwey wrote: »
    Hello.
    I'm about to use bakelite to make a new stick, and i'm not sure what to use to cut it.
    It is a panel of 350mm x 460mm x5mm, and I want to cut in in 2 pieces (350mm x 230mm x5mm)

If you don't know what bakelite, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakelite

I don't have too many cutting tools.
    Just a hand sewer, dremel, small grinder and jig saw.

Does anyone know what is best way to cut it?
    Thanks.

Yeah I am familiar with bakelite, it is a awesome old-school plastic and when I say old school I mean early 20th century plastic. Its used in old fashioned radios, its still used as material for break pads.
    For Power tools, you want diamond tip blades and tips, if you can't get diamond tip carbide blades will work too.
    And work slowly with using power tools. For your dremel invest in some diamond tip bits/cutters.

With power tools its better to take a number of short shallow passes than to try to cut the material in one go.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_7672575_cut-bakelite.html

Bakelite can be worked with hand tools too, when using hand tools treat it as you would hard woods like oak.
    Don't score the material because scratches do not come out.
    To cut use a hand held rip saw made for wood.
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/583067-cutting-bakelite

Wear a dusk mask and goggles as the dust from this plastic is carcinogenic.

edited February 2013
    gahrling wrote: »

Cerberus if you can't be bothered to solder.

ChImp SMD if you can.
    Cool thanks. So where is the best place to get/buy ChImp SMDs?
    Although the amount of required soldering with a Chimp is minimum.
    Connecting wires to ground, and each push button and directional signal.
    These points are labled on the Xbox 360 PCB. Hardest (to me) is getting the guide/home soldering done, which I go to the guide area mini PCB.
    The modding 101 guide says to connect the ChImp SMD to the Xbox 360 PCB. How exactly do I do that? Do I need some sort of wire splitter or something?

Why was the guide/home soldering difficult?

edit: Also, after I get the ChImp SMD, is there anything else I might need? I just bought a bunch of soldering tools from Amazon so I think that should be covered.
    Post edited by MingoDynasty on
  • Dr. FaustDr. Faust Charging all day long Joined: Posts: 562
    Anyone know how to make custom plexi glass. I can't use arts hobbies stuff because i have a korean stick.
    XBL: J4 Dustloop
    SSF4AE2012: Vega(Claw)
    GG^CR:Axl
    SF3s:Remy
    Most hardware stores and glass suppliers can cut acrylic to size (or close to size), but they will not drill holes.
    Many will cut your acrylic for free, take advantage of that to get the general size.

Use a scoring device, a square and a yard stick. The Square is to maintain your cuts remain straight at at 90 degrees. The yard stick and scoring device it to scratch grooves that you later cut along or if you groove deep enough snap at that point.
    use files and sand paper too smooth edges

For holes, clap your acrylic on top of some wood (to drill into) make sure your acrylic is completely flat yet supported.
    Then use a step bit to drill your holes.
  • LokiSukaidoLokiSukaido Joined: Posts: 20
    Ok, so I've been playing fighting games for a while now, but I've never been great.  I'm a southpaw, and I usually play cross-handed out of necesity.  It's not comfortable, and I am pretty certain it affects my gameplay.  Now, I have acquired a TvC stick, and a Soul Calibur V fight stick.  I'd like to try modding at least one (if not both) so that the stick is on the right.  Pretty much,  when I have brought this up people are like "oh, get used to it.", or "just flip it around."  Turning the stick around means I'm pulling down to jump.  That just makes things harder.  And, since I've been playing cross-handed for almost 15 years, and it's still not working,  "getting used to it" isn't exactly an option.  With all that being said, I'm wondering how easy it would be for either of these sticks to be swapped over.  I'd like to know before I start opening cases and seeing wires are too short and such.  I hope this is the place to find out.  Google has almost nothing in the way of southpaw mods.