Absolute Question and Answer Thread (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

Comments

• jupitardjupitard Joined: Posts: 8
    So i need help finding a pink translucent shaft cover and dust washer for a JLF. anyone know where i can find one (us based preferred)
  • NashclooneyNashclooney Joined: Posts: 8
    I have a question, what if you bought an arcade stick with all sanwa parts and you buy a Seimitsu balltop like this one for modding http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seimitsu-LB-39-Pink-Bubble-Top-/130777846572?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e72f7932c Will it screw in? I ask this because I have a JLF not a Seimitsu stick. Thanks in advance. 
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 10,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question, what if you bought an arcade stick with all sanwa parts and you buy a Seimitsu balltop like this one for modding http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seimitsu-LB-39-Pink-Bubble-Top-/130777846572?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e72f7932c Will it screw in? I ask this because I have a JLF not a Seimitsu stick. Thanks in advance.
    Yes the ball top screws on.
    And yes both joystick brands uses the same size and thread for their ball tops. Sanwa and Seintsu tops are interchangeable. Only the Sanwa bat tops and 45mm (Freaking huge) ball tops need a bat top adapter to fit.
    Only the Sanwa JLW-UM-8 Joystick can't accept normal ball tops, it can take the bat tops and 45 mm ball tops without the adapter.

jupitard said:
    So i need help finding a pink translucent shaft cover and dust washer for a JLF. anyone know where i can find one (us based preferred)
    Art Hobbies at http://www.tek-innovations.com can make custom dust washers. Transparent Pink isn't an option (yet).
    Mad Catz at their online store http://store.gameshark.com sells various color dust washer and shaft sets but their pink is not transparent
    Focus Attack sells Sanwa brand Transparent dust washers and shafts but they do not carry pink.
    Ok, so I've been playing fighting games for a while now, but I've never been great.  I'm a southpaw, and I usually play cross-handed out of necesity.  It's not comfortable, and I am pretty certain it affects my gameplay.  Now, I have acquired a TvC stick, and a Soul Calibur V fight stick.  I'd like to try modding at least one (if not both) so that the stick is on the right.  Pretty much,  when I have brought this up people are like "oh, get used to it.", or "just flip it around."  Turning the stick around means I'm pulling down to jump.  That just makes things harder.  And, since I've been playing cross-handed for almost 15 years, and it's still not working,  "getting used to it" isn't exactly an option.  With all that being said, I'm wondering how easy it would be for either of these sticks to be swapped over.  I'd like to know before I start opening cases and seeing wires are too short and such.  I hope this is the place to find out.  Google has almost nothing in the way of southpaw mods.
    So you want to do a southpaw mod, it is completely possible. What you need is ether a custom replacement top panel or a custom stick case with the top panel that allows for the joystick to be on the right.
    The wiring for a southpaw mods are identical to the more traditional layouts. Depending on the stick you might have to extend or replace wiring to be longer, which should not he too hard, just cut and splice your wiring, you can use but crimp connectors or cut and solder and cover the expose wiring with electric tape or better yet shrink wrap. If you got crimpers, redoing the wires for buttons are not hard at all, and some part stores offer pre-done wiring with disconnects on one end of the wire.
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
    Ok, so I've been playing fighting games for a while now, but I've never been great.  I'm a southpaw, and I usually play cross-handed out of necesity.  It's not comfortable, and I am pretty certain it affects my gameplay.  Now, I have acquired a TvC stick, and a Soul Calibur V fight stick.  I'd like to try modding at least one (if not both) so that the stick is on the right.  Pretty much,  when I have brought this up people are like "oh, get used to it.", or "just flip it around."  Turning the stick around means I'm pulling down to jump.  That just makes things harder.  And, since I've been playing cross-handed for almost 15 years, and it's still not working,  "getting used to it" isn't exactly an option.  With all that being said, I'm wondering how easy it would be for either of these sticks to be swapped over.  I'd like to know before I start opening cases and seeing wires are too short and such.  I hope this is the place to find out.  Google has almost nothing in the way of southpaw mods.
    Yes this mod is completely possible. Other than the legnth, the wiring is the same for a south paw as it would be for the regular style layout. What you will need is a replacement top panel. The TvC stick would be out for this kind of mod since no one does Mad Catz SE/Brawl/TvC panels. So you have to go with your Soul Calibur stick. You can order a custom acrylic panel from Art's Hobbies http://www.tek-innovations.com

jupitard said:
    I looked and looked, and even those who do customs do not make a transparent Pink Dust Washer and Shaft Cover, at least no one I know in the US.
    Mad Catz on their online store  http://store.gameshark.com sells a opaque pink dust washer and shaft set.

Yes all ball tops that Sanwa and Seimtsu make are screw on.
    Sanwa and Seimtsu use the same size and thread for their 30mm ball tops. Both brands can use tops from each other, so your Sanwa JLF can use a Seimtsu pink Bubble top.
    The exceptions are Sanwa Bat Tops and Sanwa 45mm ball tops that need a bat top adapter and the Sanwa JLW-UM-8 joystick, which because of it's thicker shaft only accepts the larger sized bat tops and 45 mm ball tops.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
    South Paw mods are completely possible. For a Southpaw mod you basically need a custom made top panel. You be hard pressed to find a custom top panel for the TVC stick, unless you know someone who can do sheet metal work and do it well.
    The Soul Calibur V stick would be your best bet. If its the Mad Catz Soul Calibur stick you have to cut out a middle layer so the joystick can fit on the right side, You not have the same issue with the Hori version of the stick.

Art Hobbies at http://www.tek-innovations.com does acrylic replacement panels for the Mad Catz TE and the older Hori Hrap sticks (Hrap 1,2,3 and EX).
    Blk Lighting does customs for various stick with metal panels. But he does his orders in batches. So you have to wait till he ready to take orders again and there is a wait for panels.

jupitard said:
    No one I know in the US sells Transparent Pink Dust washers and shaft covers.
    Mad Catz sell a opaque (non-transparent) pink set on their online store at store.gameshark.com

Yes all 30mm ball tops that both Sanwa and Seimtsu makes are screw on.
    Sanwa JLF series and the Sanwa JWL-TM-8 joysticks as well as almost all the Seimtsu joysticks accept the same ball tops.
    Some of the eceptions exceptions are Sanwa's bat tops and Sanwa larger 45mm Ball tops as they require the bat top adapter to fit and Sanwa's JLW-UM-8 which only accepts bat tops and the 45 mm ball tops.

Unusual joysticks such as the Sanwa JLJ (flight stick), the Seimtsu LSX-57/ LSX-57-01 (flight sticks) and Seimtsu's LSX-31 (top button) to not take ball tops at all.
    South Paw mods are completely possible. For a Southpaw mod you basically need a custom made top panel. You be hard pressed to find a custom top panel for the TVC stick, unless you know someone who can do sheet metal work and do it well.
    The Soul Calibur V stick would be your best bet. If its the Mad Catz Soul Calibur stick you have to cut out a middle layer so the joystick can fit on the right side, You not have the same issue with the Hori version of the stick.

Art Hobbies at http://www.tek-innovations.com does acrylic replacement panels for the Mad Catz TE and the older Hori Hrap sticks (Hrap 1,2,3 and EX).
    Blk Lighting does customs for various stick with metal panels. But he does his orders in batches. So you have to wait till he ready to take orders again and there is a wait for panels.

jupitard said:
    No one I know in the US sells Transparent Pink Dust washers and shaft covers.
    Mad Catz sell a opaque (non-transparent) pink set on their online store at store.gameshark.com

Yes all 30mm ball tops that both Sanwa and Seimtsu makes are screw on.
    Sanwa JLF series and the Sanwa JWL-TM-8 joysticks as well as almost all the Seimtsu joysticks accept the same ball tops.
    Some of the eceptions exceptions are Sanwa's bat tops and Sanwa larger 45mm Ball tops as they require the bat top adapter to fit and Sanwa's JLW-UM-8 which only accepts bat tops and the 45 mm ball tops.

Unusual joysticks such as the Sanwa JLJ (flight stick), the Seimtsu LSX-57/ LSX-57-01 (flight sticks) and Seimtsu's LSX-31 (top button) to not take ball tops at all.
  • KSTKST Joined: Posts: 222
    edited February 2013
    Quick question........
    What size are the Wire with Quick Disconnects that is found in almost all of those Mad Catz and Hori sticks nowadays?
    Or the ones that pretty much everyone uses and is the most common. The size that fits the typical Sanwa OBSC/etc.. buttons.
    Is it .110 or .187?
    Post edited by KST on
    "What can be better in life than a 64 oz of Pepsi, and a piece of pizza, and all the video games you can play." -Southern Hills Golfland 4 Life
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭
    KST said:
    Quick question........
    What size are the Wire with Quick Disconnects that is found in almost all of those Mad Catz and Hori sticks nowadays?
    Or the ones that pretty much everyone uses and is the most common. The size that fits the typical Sanwa OBSC/etc.. buttons.
    Is it .110 or .187?

4.8 x 0.5mm
    gahrling said:
    KST said:
    Quick question........
    Is it .110 or .187?

4.8 x 0.5mm
    I was actually going by what I saw here.
    http://www.focusattack.com/electrical/

They only labeled it as .110 and .187
    "What can be better in life than a 64 oz of Pepsi, and a piece of pizza, and all the video games you can play." -Southern Hills Golfland 4 Life
  • OSDOSD Joined: Posts: 440 ✭✭
    I've been trying to get my Xbox fightstick (Madcatz TE S) to work on my laptop, but the thing refuses to work.
    I've downloaded the drivers needed to use it, but for some reason it still doesn't connect. My guide button lights up for half a second before turning off again.

Anyone have any suggestions?
  • SweetouchSweetouch Joined: Posts: 12
    Hey guys i was wondering if you could help me, I've been trying to find a template for the Street fighter x Tekken V.S. edition stick but i cant really find one in the stickies thread since it came out last year and the stickers are from 2 years ago.  If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome! thanks!
    KST said:

My information is correct, dude. And I have already answered your question.
  • LokiSukaidoLokiSukaido Joined: Posts: 20
    Darksakul wrote: »
    LokiSukaido said:<br />
    Ok, so I've been playing fighting games for a while now, but I've never been great.  I'm a southpaw, and I usually play cross-handed out of necesity.  It's not comfortable, and I am pretty certain it affects my gameplay.  Now, I have acquired a TvC stick, and a Soul Calibur V fight stick.  I'd like to try modding at least one (if not both) so that the stick is on the right.  Pretty much,  when I have brought this up people are like "oh, get used to it.", or "just flip it around."  Turning the stick around means I'm pulling down to jump.  That just makes things harder.  And, since I've been playing cross-handed for almost 15 years, and it's still not working,  "getting used to it" isn't exactly an option.  With all that being said, I'm wondering how easy it would be for either of these sticks to be swapped over.  I'd like to know before I start opening cases and seeing wires are too short and such.  I hope this is the place to find out.  Google has almost nothing in the way of southpaw mods.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    So you want to do a southpaw mod, it is completely possible. What you need is ether a custom replacement top panel or a custom stick case with the top panel that allows for the joystick to be on the right.<br />
    The wiring for a southpaw mods are identical to the more traditional layouts. Depending on the stick you might have to extend or replace wiring to be longer, which should not he too hard, just cut and splice your wiring, you can use but crimp connectors or cut and solder and cover the expose wiring with electric tape or better yet shrink wrap. If you got crimpers, redoing the wires for buttons are not hard at all, and some part stores offer pre-done wiring with disconnects on one end of the wire.

So, I wanted to thank everyone for the replies to my question. The last question I have is, and this is more for clarification than anything else, can I not just unscrew the plexi off my SCIV stick, and flip both the plexi AND the metal plate? I know I wouldn't have any artwork on it, but I just want to know before I start looking online for parts. Thanks again.
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex HARDBody Joined: Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭
    gahrling said:
    KST said:

My information is correct, dude. And I have already answered your question.

Everyone around these parts would just call them .110.  
  • yoh001yoh001 Joined: Posts: 147 ✭✭
    Can a PDP Afterglow Controller (PS3/Wired) work on the PC? (GGPO, Shooters, etc)?
    FC: 4811 - 7485 - 8425

Pokemon X
    yoh001 said:
    Can a PDP Afterglow Controller (PS3/Wired) work on the PC? (GGPO, Shooters, etc)?

My friend bought a wired one recently and it didn't detect it.
  • ExvarisExvaris The player formerly known as SnakeAes Joined: Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure this has been asked before, and I would not be asking if it weren't for the "new and unimproved" SRK's vastly unimproved search functionality, but...

What size hex key do I need for the allen screws in the MadCatz TE sticks?
    «勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。»
    "Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win."
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    ---
    SnakeAes said:
    I'm sure this has been asked before, and I would not be asking if it weren't for the "new and unimproved" SRK's vastly unimproved search functionality, but...

2.5mm hex/allen wrench.
  • NeoxonNeoxon Joined: Posts: 10
    I have a PS3 Eightarc Onyx & I was considering dual-modding it (considering my scene mainly uses 360). Anyone here, from Houston or otherwise, able to help me out in picking a PCB & how to install it?
  • RufusRufus An unexpected database error has occurred. Joined: Posts: 1,911 ✭✭
    LokiSukaido said:
    So, I wanted to thank everyone for the replies to my question. The last question I have is, and this is more for clarification than anything else, can I not just unscrew the plexi off my SCIV stick, and flip both the plexi AND the metal plate? I know I wouldn't have any artwork on it, but I just want to know before I start looking online for parts. Thanks again.
    I'm pretty sure there's a mounting bracket welded to the metal plate that would be on the wrong side.
    Hitboxes http://www.pedantic.org/~nate/HDR/
    "You don't know what you're talking about as much as I do." -- Unknown
  • Icy Black DeepIcy Black Deep Still training... Joined: Posts: 945 ✭✭✭
    KST wrote: »
    gahrling said:

KST said:
    Quick question........
    Is it .110 or .187?

4.8 x 0.5mm

Wait, shenanigans here. The answer you are looking for is 0.110" for Japanese buttons. (Sticks that require QDs and Happ buttons are, to the best of my knowledge, 0.187".) However note that 0.110" * (25.4 mm/inch) = 2.79 mm; 0.187" * (25.4 mm/inch) = 4.75 mm
    SnakeAes said:

3 mm

(I hope this looks ok, WYSIWYG editor is not making multi-quote easy.)
    New Jersey
    KST said:

2.5mm hex/allen wrench.

No dude, it's 3mm. 
    Actual hex screws that are found on a Mad Catz TE take a 3mm allen key

The replacement screws that I used to sell and toodles sell use 2.5mm allen key
  • AkiroAkiro Joined: Posts: 54
    Hey all. Just got my second fight stick and its gonna be the first one I'm going to mod. To be specific its a "Qanba Q4 Q4RAF Ice Blue PS3 & Xbox 360 & PC Joystick" from Amazon.

My question is what will I need to mod the artwork? I remember there being templates for artworks but I'm not sure where to find them or a tutorial on how to mod  Q4RAF's art.
  • steveroosteveroo Joined: Posts: 24
    will this http://www.arcadespareparts.com/arcade_parts/sanwa_parts/sanwa_joystick_red/12202.html slip in to a mad catz fight stuck se wii with any issues? do i need to buy a special plate or mounting device with this joystick?
  • User_User_ Later nerd Joined: Posts: 32
    I just got an Eightarc Fusion and it won't work with my PC SSF4 AE

I need help D:
    Seth is actually not bad still
  • ExandExand Watching Joined: Posts: 231
    edited February 2013
    Akiro said:
    Hey all. Just got my second fight stick and its gonna be the first one I'm going to mod. To be specific its a "Qanba Q4 Q4RAF Ice Blue PS3 & Xbox 360 & PC Joystick" from Amazon.

My question is what will I need to mod the artwork? I remember there being templates for artworks but I'm not sure where to find them or a tutorial on how to mod  Q4RAF's art.
    Art templates:
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/137307/the-new-official-arcade-stick-art-thread-no-image-quoting/p1

Places to buy the plexiglass covers (just a few example places, there are others who sell them too):
    http://www.focusattack.com/artwork-plexiglass/qanba/
    http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products&cat=17

As for where to get your artwork printed, there's a variety of routes you can take. Get it done through Art Hobbies (see link above), or get it printed at a Kinko's on special stock like Lamilabel.
    User_ said:

I need help D:
    Scratch what I wrote earlier.
    Is it being recognized by your computer?

Post edited by Exand on
    Currently Playing:
    SSF4 AE | Dota2
  • ShankatsuForteShankatsuForte Joined: Posts: 41
    Does anybody know the average and/or "extreme" life times of the JLF springs? I've had mine about two months with about 6 hours a day on it with the exception of like, two days, and it's starting to feel really loose. 
  • GhazManGhazMan Joined: Posts: 25
    Anybody know who is selling the LED stuff in the UK? I am after a PCB driver such as the Sparky/FGWidget or whatever and also the leds to go with it. Thanks in advance.
  • User_User_ Later nerd Joined: Posts: 32
    Exand said:
    Akiro said:

Art templates:
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/137307/the-new-official-arcade-stick-art-thread-no-image-quoting/p1

Places to buy the plexiglass covers (just a few example places, there are others who sell them too):
    http://www.focusattack.com/artwork-plexiglass/qanba/
    http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products&cat=17

As for where to get your artwork printed, there's a variety of routes you can take. Get it done through Art Hobbies (see link above), or get it printed at a Kinko's on special stock like Lamilabel.
    User_ said:

I need help D:
    Scratch what I wrote earlier.
    Is it being recognized by your computer?

Actually, apparantly you have to manually bind the keys IN the game, so i'm good. TY for the help
    Seth is actually not bad still
  • ParryPerson.ParryPerson. It is done. Joined: Posts: 3,997
    So we have quick-disconnects, pre-made PCB's for 25 bucks shipped, easy access to quality Japanese parts, and we still don't have a way to make a case without routing tools, metal working tools, and lots of labour?
    I think it's hilarious I can't find a case for under 80 bucks, meanwhile I could just buy some cheap stick off ebay for 25 bucks and get a case with parts and PCB already in it.

There HAS to be a better way right? Any easy tricks for mounting these parts? Alternative CP options? Can't I just make an MDF bottom and plexi top? I just want to make a 3 button Virtua Fighter stick.
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> ive pre banned parry from evo south
    <[Parry]> This is because I ditched helping on the smash brackets isn't it
    <MrWizard> yep
  • LokiSukaidoLokiSukaido Joined: Posts: 20
    edited February 2013

"I'm pretty sure there's a mounting bracket welded to the metal plate that would be on the wrong side." - Rufus

Alright. Thank you for the reply. I really have never done anything like this before. since you are saying there is something welded in place, does that mean I would have to get someone to fabricate something? Or, could I swap the mounting bracket as well? I also apreciate all the help, and patience everyone has had with me.

Post edited by LokiSukaido on
  • soulsynapsesoulsynapse on the scene Joined: Posts: 300
    Quick question, do they even make 24mm silent sanwas? If no, is there a mod I can do that won't affect the performance?
    ?! break it.
  • JesterJester Jagga Toof Joined: Posts: 599
    Can anyone recommend some type of mounting solution for a ps360+ pcb? I was thinking of maybe ordering some adhesive pcb standoffs or spacers, but I'm curious to find out what other people are using or have had success with. I'm using a case that does not have holes already in it, and I cannot drill (metal case) so I'm trying to find something low profile that won't permanently alter or damage the case. Thanks!
  • ExandExand Watching Joined: Posts: 231
    edited February 2013
    Jester said:
    Can anyone recommend some type of mounting solution for a ps360+ pcb? I was thinking of maybe ordering some adhesive pcb standoffs or spacers, but I'm curious to find out what other people are using or have had success with. I'm using a case that does not have holes already in it, and I cannot drill (metal case) so I'm trying to find something low profile that won't permanently alter or damage the case. Thanks!
    I was recommended zip tie mounts with adhesive bases and I used it for my install of the PS360+.
    (I know, ugly crooked install lol)
    Just mount a couple and use zip ties to secure the pcb.

They're cheap, found at any local hardware store. Something like this:
    http://www.homedepot.com/buy/gardner-bender-1-in-x-1-in-mounting-pads-10pack-288887.html

Post edited by Exand on
    Currently Playing:
    SSF4 AE | Dota2
    So we have quick-disconnects, pre-made PCB's for 25 bucks shipped, easy access to quality Japanese parts, and we still don't have a way to make a case without routing tools, metal working tools, and lots of labour?
    I think it's hilarious I can't find a case for under 80 bucks, meanwhile I could just buy some cheap stick off ebay for 25 bucks and get a case with parts and PCB already in it.

There HAS to be a better way right? Any easy tricks for mounting these parts? Alternative CP options? Can't I just make an MDF bottom and plexi top? I just want to make a 3 button Virtua Fighter stick.

Yeah the task of actually constructing cases requires a set of tools that you would only have if you are already working in a certain trade.  Good tools aren't cheap either.  

Exand said:
    Jester said:
    I was recommended zip tie mounts with adhesive bases and I used it for my install of the PS360+.
    (I know, ugly crooked install lol)
    Just mount a couple and use zip ties to secure the pcb.

They're cheap, found at any local hardware store. Something like this:
    http://www.homedepot.com/buy/gardner-bender-1-in-x-1-in-mounting-pads-10pack-288887.html

That is what I ended up using in some cases as well.  They work fine, and cleaner than gobs of hot glue.  

• RufusRufus An unexpected database error has occurred. Joined: Posts: 1,911 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    ParryPerson. said:
    Sure, you can just get a cardboard box, and then use a bread knife to cut the layout.

"I'm pretty sure there's a mounting bracket welded to the metal plate that would be on the wrong side." - Rufus

Alright. Thank you for the reply. I really have never done anything like this before. since you are saying there is something welded in place, does that mean I would have to get someone to fabricate something? Or, could I swap the mounting bracket as well? I also apreciate all the help, and patience everyone has had with me.

You should probably open up the stick and look if you're serious about this sort of thing.  I have no experience with a handedness switch, but yeah, there's probably some fabrication that has to be done.

P.S. I guess posting is the new preview, and I just [b]love[/b] how the bbcode tags work
    Post edited by Rufus on
    Hitboxes http://www.pedantic.org/~nate/HDR/
    "You don't know what you're talking about as much as I do." -- Unknown
  • ChoppaholicChoppaholic Sometimes Down Never Out Joined: Posts: 142
    What's up SRK....I want to do a LED mod on my hitbox but the Uila that I have are too big...I know it can be done but my experience is only with Uilas from my previous builds...any ideas on who make a smaller LED for the 24mm seimitsu?
  • BeGuiledBeGuiled Joined: Posts: 319
    I bought a Mayflash arcade stick recently and decided that i want to mod in a better stick. The online guides show people modding in a sanwa jlf stick and doing things like cutting off plastic tabs, scratching off connections to a "pcb" and soldering wires together. Is there a good joystick out there that is less complicated to install into a Mayflash?
    There is no straight forward way to upgrade that case, it takes a good amount of work.  
    Yeah, the Mayflash case is horrible to mod. 

Not as bad as an EX2, but still..
  • yoh001yoh001 Joined: Posts: 147 ✭✭
    I can confirm that the PDP Afterflow controller (PS3/Wired) works on the PC. Just make sure it installs properly when plugging it in.
    FC: 4811 - 7485 - 8425

Pokemon X
  • GraymalkinGraymalkin Staggeringly tedious Joined: Posts: 550 ✭✭✭
    This has doubtless been asked before, but post-upgrade I'm damned if I can figure out how to search the forums... I recently opened up my new SCV TE to change and move the buttons (and what a nightmare that was - can't see me getting them off again whole when I sort new art out. And as for the Start and Select... :( Anyway, one of the bolts in the top panel appears to have threaded (is that the right word?). It's just spinning and not tightening. It was covered in the red glue when it came out, but cleaning that off doesn't seem to have helped. What can I do (apart from regret ever buying a TE)? Cheers!
    SSFIV:AE - Rose | UraGraymalkin | Mitsurugi - SCV
    "So I broke into the palace, with a sponge and a rusty spanner..."
  • AOS-AOS- C Joined: Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭✭
    So one of the bolts can't be secured in then? Is it possible to dab hot glue in place? It'll hold what you want it to hold, and it'll come apart with some force so it's not a permanent fix.

I haven't made a stick in 2 years and as such lots of stuff have changed, such as Lizardlick going out which used to be my primary source of acquiring parts. Do places no longer offer assembled Sanwa JLF sticks anymore? I used to simply pay $25 for a joystick with the mounting plate, PCB and all the other shit already put together in a box. If that's no longer in, then what are all the parts needed to construct one?

Ball Top, Shaft, Mounting Plate, Mounting Screws, PCB (do they come with micro switches already?), harness, that clip thing, a spring, restrictor gate..... and something else...?

Also, is the JLF-TP-8YT-W the only one left on the market? I used to avoid this specific part number because of some compatibility issue IIRC.
    PSN: AOS- [Gouken (4000bp), Ken (1000bp)]
    'Sauga, ON

AOS- said:
    So one of the bolts can't be secured in then? Is it possible to dab hot glue in place? It'll hold what you want it to hold, and it'll come apart with some force so it's not a permanent fix.

I haven't made a stick in 2 years and as such lots of stuff have changed, such as Lizardlick going out which used to be my primary source of acquiring parts. Do places no longer offer assembled Sanwa JLF sticks anymore? I used to simply pay $25 for a joystick with the mounting plate, PCB and all the other shit already put together in a box. If that's no longer in, then what are all the parts needed to construct one?

Ball Top, Shaft, Mounting Plate, Mounting Screws, PCB (do they come with micro switches already?), harness, that clip thing, a spring, restrictor gate..... and something else...?

Yeah since the demise of lizardlick, and ponyboy moving on to other kinds of projects, Focusattack seems to be one of the best shops.  Paradise Arcade also has some good stuff.  I agree though most sellers fail to provide the balltop, mounting plate, or harness which is annoying as fuck.  That was never the case before, and I am not sure why they started doing that.  If anyone has an answer I would like to know as well.  
  • Soarer5Soarer5 Joined: Posts: 223
    Haven't modded in a long time and the new site format doesn't let me search specifically in the tech forum.  When installing a ChimpSMD into a Madcatz 360 SFxT Pro stick, is there anything new to be aware of or just straight forward install like the older Chimp into TE?  Thanks!
  • VAPORBOY_SDVAPORBOY_SD Joined: Posts: 1
    hi everybody I have a ssf4 te fightstick for my ps3, and I would like to use it for my wii to play tatsunoko vs capcom because it is better than the tatsunoko vs capcom stick for the wii. is there something i can buy like a conversion kit? also im playing it on my wii u so no gamecube ports either!
  • GraymalkinGraymalkin Staggeringly tedious Joined: Posts: 550 ✭✭✭
    AOS- said:
    Yeah, I think I might just do that - once I've decided on a plexi/ artwork solution...
    SSFIV:AE - Rose | UraGraymalkin | Mitsurugi - SCV
    "So I broke into the palace, with a sponge and a rusty spanner..."
  • ChaoticMonkChaoticMonk Shut The Front Door Joined: Posts: 857 ✭✭
    What are my options from plexi's? Art doesn't respond to my emails and after Lightning Label Customs took my money and I didn't get anything (been a year now) I'm hesitant to pull the trigger with Art.