"Wakeup, Shoryuken" Podcast w/ Keits and skisonic -=Download old shows here!=-

Comments

• deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭✭
    ·
  • jchensorjchensor Salty Chen Joined: Posts: 1,943 admin
    Given we have had "Hadoukast" as a suggestion, not sure why no one has thought of:

Pod-ouken: The SRK Podcast

I kinda like that, to be honest. ^_^

- James
    http://jchensor.blogspot.com

"We don't stop playing because we get old. We get old because we stop playing." -- Doyle Brunson

"Every time you win, it diminishes the fear a little bit. You never really cancel the fear of losing; you keep challenging it." -- Arthur Ashe

(AV art obtained from here: http://meatbun.us/blog/?p=162)
    ·
  • KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,765 mod
    Make our logo!

We need a logo, and while our temporary one is nice, I'm sure someone out there can knock this out of the park. Send your submission to keits@shoryuken.com
    Visit OneTrueGame.com for information on DIVEKICK, Tunnel, and future projects.
    ·
    ·
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Scurred of LimeGreenPenis in my stocking. Joined: Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    is there any way to do on the fly sync'ing with other media players than itunes? I would love to be able to have this auto-download in Rhythmbox.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: JTM | Missing Person | Battle.net: DrSpielgood#1946
    "I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
    "Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both? I can't find the penis. I need to find the penis." --Augustus
    "Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
    Currently 7-4 in SRK Mafia | One half of SRK's contingent to the Game of Mafia Champions.
    MVP of SRK Mafia All-Stars II | Season 1 Best Mafia GM Golden Crust Award Winner
    http://www.jesustoastmafia.com - Where people from SRK go to lynch niggas.
    ·
    Episode 5 is up!
    ·
  • IrysaIrysa Where have all the good games gone? Joined: Posts: 106
    Nice cast.

Good job saving sp00ky from nearly getting too deep into reverse beats before skipping moons haha.
    [13:27:43] [Sabator] peter would be the worst batman ever though. "turn on the bat-signal" "right!" *turns on huge foglight, beams an image of striped pantsu into the sky*
    ·
  • OsirunOsirun VMP Wonka Joined: Posts: 2,047
    I'm seriously considering buying MBAA now. I've played it once and it was pretty fun, I'll definitely be watching the EVO stream for some Melty action just to see what the game is really all about.
    ·
  • whitey9whitey9 Hand on the Beaker Joined: Posts: 205
    We need an RSS feed for this, not everybody uses iTunes
    :uf::f::df::d::db::b::mk:
    ·
    I'm seriously considering buying MBAA now. I've played it once and it was pretty fun, I'll definitely be watching the EVO stream for some Melty action just to see what the game is really all about.

You should just come to evo instead! :)
    We need an RSS feed for this, not everybody uses iTunes

We are working on this problem. Something about the new v-bulletin board and RSS is giving Inkblot and co. a headache.
    ·
    I think they call it V-Bulletin because you have to be taking Valium or Vicodin if you're going to work on it.
    ·
    Sorry the RSS is still broken!

We are now taking requests for future shows. Want to hear about a certain topic? Ask for it here!
    ·
  • kenmastersXkenmastersX Stone Nguyen Joined: Posts: 3,270
    I want a topic on windjammers!
    [SIZE=12px]Evo MvC3 top 32 choke artist. :([/SIZE]

[SIZE=12px]Also, I'm not Richard Nguyen's brother![/SIZE]
    ·
  • YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396
    Well, seems this "Monster" doujingame is finally getting the arcade treatment as " " ". As far as I understand, some people on SRK has been involved with making this game(Chipp Zanuff v5?). Maybe you could have them(him?) on the show to talk about that. There's a thread about it here in FGD.

Or maybe discuss PS3 Marvel, what the differences are and what's been patched etc. Get some known Marvel players to talk about it. Seems relevant, what with Evo and all.
    slay this unaligned ant!
    ·
  • VarleranVarleran Zako Joined: Posts: 642
    Or maybe discuss PS3 Marvel, what the differences are and what's been patched etc. Get some known Marvel players to talk about it. Seems relevant, what with Evo and all.
    This is a great idea. Maybe a general Evo Lineup discussion show to address that whole clusterfuck that went down. I know you talked about Melty Blood last week, but maybe see if some of the guys from Dustloop can come on and explain why they didn't want Calamity Trigger there, and why Marvel was chosen over some other games that maybe did better in the poll.
    ·
  • Warrior's DreamsWarrior's Dreams 梅原 > Wong Joined: Posts: 1,287 ✭✭
    I want interviews with high level players talking about the game(s) they excel at and their insights into the game(s) they play.
    You shouldn't care about the division between ST and HDR, but rather the message you are sending to tournament organizers if you stop supporting the classic style of Street Fighter II.

Mike Watson's Super Turbo Revival Sunday's Stream every Sunday! Look up "IEBattleGrounds" on twitch tv's website.
    Here is the latest stream:
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
  • Cheech WizardCheech Wizard Joined: Posts: 3,302 ✭✭✭
    I'd like a Super Street Fighter IV special show.Basically you just talk about the changes and hows that going to effect the game.Talk about how new characters will fit in the engine and explain how they played in their previous iterations etc...

That or an Evo lineup show like what has been suggested.
    Slow and steady wins the race
    ·
    I think this is a excellent idea. There are so many conflicting reports about the new versions from (good) players, I think it would be great to have some real (and hopefully final) clarification from people who are respected for their knowledge and credibility.

Just answering a couple of questions that are good questions but probably don't need a whole dedicated half-hour show:
    if some of the guys from Dustloop can come on and explain why they didn't want Calamity Trigger there
    After the initial (huge) surge in popularity, apparently the scene for BlazBlue had been gradually shrinking; far from dead, but definitely on the decrease. Supposedly this could be chalked up essentially to 1) the game being very unbalanced, and 2) an updated version had already been announced.

The updated version, Continuum Shift, was released for arcades in November 2009, so the few areas in the States that still have a strong arcade presence switched over to that late last year; this further weakened the console scene for the original version. About a month ago, crackers figured out the how to circumvent the protection measures on Taito's Type X board (which is basically just a custom PC running a modified build of Windows XP), and Continuum Shift was dumped and patched so that anyone using Windows can download it (illegally) and play it on their (sufficiently powerful) computer.

At this point, the only people still interested in playing Calamity Trigger are those who either rely on the netplay for competition, and those who haven't found out about the new version yet.

why Marvel was chosen over some other games that maybe did better in the poll.
    The public-visible results numbers on the poll thread--the ones that show 3S as 2nd, CvS2 as 3rd, and Marvel as 4th--are inaccurate due to fraudulent voting. (For the record: Melty Blood was the clear winner even after its cheese-votes were discounted, and SC4 and KOF12 were unquestionably 5th and 6th even with any dummy-votes they may or may not have had.) 2nd, 3rd, and 4th were close enough that it would be impossible to determine their real order without manually sifting through another 3000 votes. Marvel was arbitrarily chosen from the three basically because it's just had the successful re-release with online play and so theoretically has more new fans than the other two games.

why melty turn out more successful the other doujin games
    There's actually a recent and ongoing discussion thread about exactly this here. It represents a wide variety of opinions, to say the least.

will more doujin games ever accepted
    FGD already talks about this all the time for all sorts of games in all sorts of threads. For your own amusement, you can even try interchanging words like "doujin" and "SNK" sometime; it's amazing how little difference it makes!
    ·
    And like Keits said on one of the episodes "It's 2010, if the version is slightly different, just deal with it"
    You deal with it by figuring out and highlighting exactly what those differences are, which would be the entire point of the show.
    ·
    Oh also,
    Well, seems this "Monster" doujingame is finally getting the arcade treatment as " " ". As far as I understand, some people on SRK has been involved with making this game(Chipp Zanuff v5?). Maybe you could have them(him?) on the show to talk about that. There's a thread about it here in FGD.
    I like this idea, because it's not everyday that a srk member is part of making a game, and have that member give us insight from his project.
    here's the aforementioned Monster: Ancient Cline thread for anyone who might be interested.
    ·
    Happy Valentine's Day! :lovin:
    ·
  • MagnetroMagnetro Joined: Posts: 2,134
    Me or maybe maj would be up for talking about combo videos in competitive gaming or something to due with them. also, joo's dvd is coming out very very soon so it'll be nice to talk about other stuff regarding it.
    ·
  • VarleranVarleran Zako Joined: Posts: 642
    snip
    I knew that stuff already, but it'd be good for the people who haven't been paying attention to hear it directly from the mouths of prominent members of the scenes.

And the Magnetro thing would be fantastic, I'd love to hear from the engine scientists, those guys have such a deep understanding of their games it's mind boggling.
    ·
  • MajMaj CvS2 Combo Collector Joined: Posts: 2,073
    Me or maybe maj would be up for talking about combo videos in competitive gaming or something to due with them. also, joo's dvd is coming out very very soon so it'll be nice to talk about other stuff regarding it.
    I'm not really down for live interviews but i'd definitely listen to an episode featuring combo people. Especially if some of the oldschool ones like jchensor and NKI were involved. Also it would be cool to hear desk in an interview because he's supposed to be British, but i still helluva can't imagine him talking with a British accent.
    ·
    Combo show +++
    ·
    BTW, deadfrog asked in the Monster thread and Chipp is up for it. So having him on some week would be really interesting I think. :tup:
    slay this unaligned ant!
    ·
  • MagnetroMagnetro Joined: Posts: 2,134
    It would be cool if NKI or Jchensor just got to talk about combos. I'd like to do a bit about the DVD at the very least. Joo wants me to give it exposure. I haven't heard from NKI in a while though. I was going to send him a URL to the DVD, haha.
    ·
  • onReloadonReload what's a combo Joined: Posts: 209
    i'd like to see combomakers talk about stuff. or at least hear them.
    ·
  • manmanmanman Cash Grabber Joined: Posts: 1,146
    sorry if this has been mentioned but is anyone else having trouble DLing the podcasts via iphone's iTunes app? whenever I check it, it looks like I can only DL 2 episodes, the rest are grated out or down or something. won't play or dl... is it just me?
    ·
  • inkblotinkblot Alpha Assist Joined: Posts: 677 admin
    Here is a link to the RSS feed: http://www.shoryuken.com/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=323

Do any RSS-masters know why this isn't working correctly with iTunes?
    Oy.
    ·
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Scurred of LimeGreenPenis in my stocking. Joined: Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, I'm not sure about itunes, but it's working with Rhythmbox in Linux. Only thing is, I only have up to episode 5 showing in here.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: JTM | Missing Person | Battle.net: DrSpielgood#1946
    "I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
    "Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both? I can't find the penis. I need to find the penis." --Augustus
    "Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
    Currently 7-4 in SRK Mafia | One half of SRK's contingent to the Game of Mafia Champions.
    MVP of SRK Mafia All-Stars II | Season 1 Best Mafia GM Golden Crust Award Winner
    http://www.jesustoastmafia.com - Where people from SRK go to lynch niggas.
    ·
  • BuktoothBuktooth vietnamazing Joined: Posts: 1,713 mod
    Also it would be cool to hear desk in an interview because he's supposed to be British, but i still helluva can't imagine him talking with a British accent.

i met desk at evo a couple years ago. i could barely understand him!

he asked how i was "getting on" in cvs2 and i was like ????
    -Campbell Tran

as of 12/02/09:

me: did pz john ever give the japanese players their money
    bas: hahah of course no
    ·
  • SaveFightingSaveFighting Games & Pussy..Cats Joined: Posts: 357
    Part 7 is out. Not on front page but on the side bar thing.
    This week's cup of Wakeup is our first hour special! To celebrate the introduction of Dudley, Ibuki, and Makoto into Super Street Fighter 4, we've invited some of the best players of these characters...

http://shoryuken.com/podcasts/Wakeup%20SRK%20E007.mp3

Admin can remove this if it's a leak by mistake. :looney:
    Real gamers play Fighting games. Fuck all the haters.
    ·
    No leak. They always go up Wednesday mornings. Enjoy the show!
    ·
    Good show, listened to it while I went shopping :tup:

Still would be awesome to hear Chipp Zanuff V5 talk about his game tho :wgrin:
    slay this unaligned ant!
    ·
    I'm liking the one hour format more. :P Great show guys.
    ·
    The format is still 30 minutes. This was a special.
    ·
    No problem.

You guys should submit this to itunes. You could catch the eye of many new SF players that don't even know about SRK.
    ·
    I believe our RSS feed is available on iTunes, though we've had some issues with it.
    ·
  • RenegadeRenegade Joined: Posts: 3,042
    well, for one... MLG has decided to add fighting games back into its lineup: except it chose Tekken 6 and Brawl and is "looking into" SF4.

Ski and I were actually talking, and I wouldn't mind doing a community profile thingy. I've been around for years as a tourney organizer, but mad heads don't know me outside of East Coast. I can also speak clearly and eloquently without stuttering profusely.
    http://rvatournaments.com/

Your one stop shop for RVA, Virginia, and East Coast Fighting game news and tournament updates.

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
  • Cheech WizardCheech Wizard Joined: Posts: 3,302 ✭✭✭
    Wait until Hakans revealed and make this weeks podcast about him.
    Slow and steady wins the race
    ·
  • FarpenoodleFarpenoodle \o/ Joined: Posts: 604
    I'd like to see you guys interview thugish_pond. Who just won solos for Soul Calibur IV in the World Game Cup at Cannes.
    Play Arcana Heart 3. It's a good game. :tup:
    Round1.sg
    ·
  • manmanmanman Cash Grabber Joined: Posts: 1,146
    Thanks for the direct RSS link, those seem to work for me (although it only holds the last 4 episodes at a time, is that right?)

For some reason I still can't get anything to work in iTunes (at least from the iPhone interface), has anyone else tried this and have the same issue? Every episode link is broken from within there. It would be great if that worked cuz then I could actually download the episodes and listen wherever- even if I have a bad net connection and stuff (plus skipping to different parts sucks on the phone's network- it always crashes it and I have to re-open/find where I was before etc...)

Either way- the actual podcast itself has been great, keep up the good work guys!
    ·
    Archive of old episodes added to first post. Enjoy!
    ·
  • ZelseusZelseus Joined: Posts: 162
    The link for episode 9 in the first post is broken, but I went through the front page posts and the link in the original ep9 post worked. http://www.shoryuken.com/content.php?r=339-Wakeup-Shoryuken-E009-Community-Building-and-You
    I said "FUCK YOU BITCH, LAUNCH PARTY ERRYDAY"
    ·
  • HDTranHDTran I like tricks. Joined: Posts: 46
    Is there any chance you guys will put these up on iTunes so that people can subscribe to it?
    ·
  • SamsonSamson UNLIMITED Joined: Posts: 283
    Thanks for your work on these podcasts, I've enjoyed all of them!
    Relax and take notes.
    ·
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 12,894 mod
    Is there any chance you guys will put these up on iTunes so that people can subscribe to it?

They did already, first week actually.
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
    ·
  • HDTranHDTran I like tricks. Joined: Posts: 46
    Future show request: the story of this year's MWC. Seriously. The before, the during, and the after. Keits, please tell us about what it is/was like to plan and run a major. Skisonic for direction and questions and impressions, interview-style. Possibly even best without guests. TIA TIA
    ·