New Mexico, ABQ

IshtarIshtar Joined: Posts: 59
Ok this is sad but I will try and get something going on this thread again. I admitidly have been awol from these boards and missed some tournies here as well. But I really want to try out my new copy of Capcom Fighting Jam with some decent comp (don't Hate). Cause XBLive is a long ways off and the lag will probably suck. So if any one happens to be in town (or will be)that plays reply or message me. I also am always up to battle peeps in SFAC sfa3 cvs2 mvc2 (though not so good) ggxx snk fighters, etc. I play em all. And man, no more bukkake jokes. Though I can't deny there effective & harlarious.
Oh my shit ゲイザー!

Comments

• V1ru5V1ru5 WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Joined: Posts: 191
    .How do you say Hello in New Mexican.
  • IshtarIshtar Joined: Posts: 59
    Im a bit rusty but I think it goes a little sumthin like this..
    ????????
    Oh my shit ゲイザー!
    Ishtar wrote:
    Im a bit rusty but I think it goes a little sumthin like this..
    ????????

:china: :china: :rofl:

???????????????Rio Rancho??????
    Really? sometimes you live in rio rancho? Well if you're ever around let me know. I'm down to battle. I work in ?? ???????. Yeah I speaky but I had to use babelfish to type that sentence cause i don't know of a way input Japanese text on my windows machine. :sad: I used to type all the time on the mac when I was at school in 0saka.
    Oh my shit ゲイザー!
    Will do.???????We'll have to play sometime.
    Nah man, Hakujin da. I was just an exchange student out there. But yeah do it up there's one arcade in the mall that still has most of the newer capcom fighters. some SNK and of course 3d.
    Oh my shit ゲイザー!
    Ishtar wrote:
    Nah man, Hakujin da. I was just an exchange student out there. But yeah do it up there's one arcade in the mall that still has most of the newer capcom fighters. some SNK and of course 3d.

Sounds great.
  • Derez-Derez- Necessary Evil Joined: Posts: 293
    I'll be in town january as well, rio rancho. I'm moving back after a two year hiatus, where are the arcades (if any) at?
    -<Viscant> in my opinion, sex is a private thing between a man and his hand or favorite sex toy-
  • Onslaught2000Onslaught2000 WHEN'S MAHVEL.........2?! Joined: Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I really don't think that there are that many arcades in ALB, just random tilts here and there. but i don't know about what kind of comp you can find, unless it's for 3D based games
    The only arcade that I know is still active is in the coronado mall in ABQ.
    Oh my shit ゲイザー!
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Deaf ears

Well, I know that this post may be falling on mostly deaf ears, considering it's been quit some time between posts in this thread, but what the hell.

I've already PMed two of the four people who have posted in this thread, but I want to get something started, so that when I tell people "Oh, just look me up at SRK under New Mexico, ABQ" they don't see that there's less than a page of posts. :sad:

Now, if you read my PMs then you probably know that I want to start a weekly or biweekly tournament in ABQ, and that I feel the best venue to start this up at would be the Coronado Tilt (or as you so put it, the only arcade really left in ABQ) :lame: . The games I would be trying to hold tournaments for would be MvC2, GGXX, Tekken 5, SC2, and any other fighters that Tilt has to offer that someone might be interested in playing. There would be a $1-2 buy-in for each game, pay for your own games (we would have them set the machines up for tournament play), winner takes the whole pot. Considering the number of people we might be getting at this tournament :tdown: that probably won't be all that much money. But as far as I can tell, ABQ is in desperate need of a regular local 2D-3D fighting tournament, so it would be a wonderful opportunity for us to set up a good play group, and hopefully have some fun and learn some things.

Now, I plan on trying to start posting for this no later than June 23rd, and running the tournment within a week and a half of that date (the following Fri., Sat., or Sun.). If anyone is interested, then you can PM me, or put me on your AIM, my SN is SirRosencrantz. Let's get this show on the road.
  • RowJoeRowJoe Counting hallways... Joined: Posts: 1,587
    You should come down here sometime. With El Paso, we have a lot of people that are decent at fighting games. For example, this past week, a friend from WA came down, who plays LifeTimeBoy often, and my friends could hang with him in CVS2 really well.

We went to the last tourney there in ABQ (RTD is a BEAST, lol), and for MVC2, CVS2, and 3s, the comp. was either from here or CO. =\

I dunno, just a suggestion. =)
    Thanks RowJoe. From what I've seen in terms of posts on SRK, there is certainly a much better following in Cruces than in ABQ. I'd love to go down there for tournaments (on a regular basis), and I know you guys come up for the x-topia tournies as well. You guys sound pretty cool, and I'll try hopin' over to your threads and talkin' with you guys more often too. However, although I would love to hang with the Cruces crowd, it'd be nice to get a regular play group here in ABQ... I mean, it's kinda sad that ABQ and surrounding areas has ~60% of the states population, but we can't even get a regular tournament running. Thanks for the post though RowJoe.... aliteration aside :clap: . I hope I get to play against you guys some time.
    BTW, this is the old thread. We had a more recent thread but i guess it dissapeard, the last post was in march i think.

I hope these tourney's bring a crowd, i've noticed a lot more people playing games at tilt, however i can't tell if its just casual mallrats or serious fighters. I think we should get some flyers up pretty soon. And CVS2 :)
    -<Viscant> in my opinion, sex is a private thing between a man and his hand or favorite sex toy-
    I'll be posting flyers at Tilt today. I'm starting as a posting for a bi-weekly starting next saturday, July 2nd. I'll try to do every fighting game that they have, if we can get enough players for them. I spoke with the manager there this week, and some of the employees, and they seem to think it's a pretty good idea, and gave me the okay to post flyers. Hope we get a decent showing :clap: . I'll hope to see you there. I couldn't find another ABQ forum, so I just started posting in this one... if we can just start this one up, I'll be fine with that though. Hope to see you all there!
  • Grimm_DemizeGrimm_Demize AKA DrooMighty Joined: Posts: 1,790
    I'll be visiting family in ABQ from about July 9th to mid-August, and I'd love to find some competition for Marvel to spend some time playing. Where are the good spots? I was like, 12 last time I visited an arcade in ABQ.

I might try to take my stick, or build a new one there if people play console, but I'm not so sure, I remember how violent ABQer's tend to be, haha.
    8-3-2004

"Wait a minute, wait a minute, WAIT A GOD DAMN MINUTE: You played a fuckload of Marvel tournaments. There is not a single fighting game that is blacker than Marvel. They could make Roots: The Fighting Game and have Kuntakente painting the fence on slave owners and it wouldn't be blacker than Marvel." - Pertho
    Do you think you guys could come down here? I'd LOVE to play someone from the Northwest. =) I'd say there's at least 7 or 8 of us that play regularly, but there's plenty more, if needed for incentive. I've seen some of the recent Seattle vids, so I'm hoping we can give you some decent comp. =)

Oh, most of us have our own sticks, too, so we'd be respectful towards yours, lol.
    RowJoe wrote:
    Do you think you guys could come down here? I'd LOVE to play someone from the Northwest. =) I'd say there's at least 7 or 8 of us that play regularly, but there's plenty more, if needed for incentive. I've seen some of the recent Seattle vids, so I'm hoping we can give you some decent comp. =)

Oh, most of us have our own sticks, too, so we'd be respectful towards yours, lol.

LOL, Well, it might be the other way around. Only our top players in Oly can really hang with the Seattle guys, and I'm considered to be rather weak amongst Oly competition. I'm hoping to play a lot up here before I go down there though so I can get buffed up and play better, though.
    8-3-2004

"Wait a minute, wait a minute, WAIT A GOD DAMN MINUTE: You played a fuckload of Marvel tournaments. There is not a single fighting game that is blacker than Marvel. They could make Roots: The Fighting Game and have Kuntakente painting the fence on slave owners and it wouldn't be blacker than Marvel." - Pertho
    Hrm, i was at tilt today and didn't notice any flyers, however i left around 7 anyway. Can't wait for the tourney, i might enter all of them just for the fun of it.

Edit: Also, what time is it going to start and what are the rules. I'm not sure when i'll go to tilt next so i'm asking here.
    On another note, what are ABQ's Marvel cabs like? Competition or P360 sticks? Big screens or tiny screens? Concave or convex pushbuttons? Are the cabs in good condition? Let me know.

P.S.--Although I'm not really that serious about it, I also play 3S, so any info on cabs for that would be cool too.
    8-3-2004

Eh, I'm not looking to hype us up, lol. We're alright, I guess. I'm not too flashy, but I get the job done with some resets here and there with Mags. =\

We'll take any new comp., so you're more than welcome down here. =)

If all you NM guys and G_D could somehow make a trip down here sometime soon, I'm pretty sure we could house you and stuff. =)
    RowJoe wrote:
    Eh, I'm not looking to hype us up, lol. We're alright, I guess. I'm not too flashy, but I get the job done with some resets here and there with Mags. =\

We'll take any new comp., so you're more than welcome down here. =)

If all you NM guys and G_D could somehow make a trip down here sometime soon, I'm pretty sure we could house you and stuff. =)

Well, I'm not sure exactly how I'd make it. I'm working for my dad, and currently I don't have my liscence (I'm only 17), but if I've got the time, I'll try to show up.
    8-3-2004

I didn't get to posting the flyers 'til around 8:00 on saturday, but their up on most of the fighting game machines. I think I'm gonna enter all of them just for fun too. :tup:

I posted that it starts at 2:00... I figured for a saturday that should give people time to wake up and all, but it probably won't really start 'til around 3:00, cause I'll have to take money for it and set up the brackets (we won't know any seeding yet so it should be pretty quick).

I figure standard Evo rules for most games. (i.e. No glitches, no dead body infinites unless it's to gain a tactical advantage, no order switching in CvS [in MvC2 it's okay though], etc.). Other than that if we get upwards of 8-10 people (or more) per game, then we'll do a double elimination brackets with a losers bracket... best 2 outta 3 for each match... pretty standard stuff. If you guys want to do best 3 outta 5 or 4 outta 7 for finals, we can talk about it then. If we don't have enough people (say 5 or so) for a particular game, then we can just do a round robin and have the two players with the best record after round robin face off (like Evo qualifiers). Other than that the rules should just be, being courteous to your opponents and having a good time. The entry fee will be a buck per game you want to play, and the winner will take all (woo... you're rich :wow: ). Players pay for their own games and I talked with the Tilt guys about setting the machines up for tourney play (e.g. 1 coin each round [not each player]), and since it's best two out of three, just try and be courteous about who pays for each round.

I'll be honest with you, this'll be my first time running a tourney like this, so if it's not the best organized, I'm still learning. And any suggestions are more than welcome. I hope that was what you were looking for. Also, if anyone is interested in helping run or hype the tourneys, just talk to me, I'll make myself known at the tourney. I'm Brett.
    I figured I'd make a seperate post for other stuff...

Grimm, the Marvel cabs in ABQ are not the best to be honest. I believe their P360 sticks, but their pretty loose at Tilt (that can obviously be fixed, but trying to get the Tilt guys to do it has been kind of a pain in the ass). They have a big screen and a tiny screen cab, although the buttons on the small screen cab are the old set up where the top and bottom are really far apart, and I believe all the bottons are concave. The color on the small screen is a little off, and the sound on the big screen sucks. Other than that, they seem to be alright. Those are the only Marvel cabs that I really know of, and if anything I said was wrong, someone correct me. I only ever really knew of one 3S cab, and it was at Replay games on Eubank and Candelaria, but I don't know if it's their anymore... they usually keep their cabs in good shape if it still is.

That'd be cool to plan a trip down to Cruces (that's where you are, right Joe?), when were you thinking of? I think it'd be a good idea to get some of us ABQ guys to meet a bit more regularly before we can even plan a trip, but I'm up for whatever. BTW, if you need a ride Grimm, I'm more than happy to take people, so you probably wouldn't have to worry too much about that.

I'm gonna hop over the the X-topia forums, and try and hype the saturday tourney there. Bring your friends people!!!
  • xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,071
    ive finally found the forum. anyways im planning on joining your tourney rosencrantz. it starts this saturday right? ill be off work then so ill head over there right after. but usually the people who play in the arcade arent really serious players. just people trying to get their fill. they usually lose to the computer. i feel bad though because ill play them with a very low team like dan/amingo/roll and ill lose and they start getting cocky. then i turn the table on them and get a team a little higher than the one i had before and totally mop the floor with them. naw i dont feel so bad for doing that.

anyways you should talk to the manager at tilt because the big mvc2 machine has a real tight joystick on the right. its probably a littly loose now but it was real tight when i played a few days ago. and the mvc machine has an extra tight one on the left that you literally have to force to get any kind of movement in.

and while im at it. rosencrantz can you teach me some of those infinites you were doing? i fair fairly well on my own without them at the arcade but i can only do them on controller.
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
    Yeah, I can show you anything I know... just ask me if you want to see how to do something.
  • ReiRei Nanto Suichou Ken! Joined: Posts: 820
    This thread would get a lot more traffic if you had named it the alBUKKAKE New Mexico thread.
    ^^^We'll keep that in mind.
    well since its on my mind what is storms infinite? i know magnetos and iron mans although im still working on how to do them in the arcades.
    Hmmm, the only Storm infinite I know with any decency is her Sentinel OTG, which is pretty easy. I know she has others, but I don't know how to do them. I believe she has something similar to the ROM with Magneto??? Anyway, to do the Sentinel OTG you just j, hold uf, lk, lk, neutral, hp, hk, repeat. The trick is to stop holding up forward just before you start the hard punch into hard kick. As for other infinites with her, it's been a while since I even tried to look them up, but I'm pretty sure there are still some forums up. I'll look for them in my spare time... maybe I can get a video even...
    That's not an OTG. An OTG is like popping someone off the ground. =\

The infinite you speak of is basically the only practical one with her, since her Sj. ones are way harder than almost any of Magneto's. Since Storm will often have Sentinel behind her, it's best to just go for the DHC, or even just an air combo that will knock them torwards the corner or you can do a square jump and pop them up with your AAA, thus commencing free rape time.
  • Ver314Ver314 SJ <3 Joined: Posts: 896
    Hi, my name's pi..Thought i'd just introduce myself..

I live here in Albuquerque.

I mainly play MVC2 and Tekken 5
    Pi sucks he and his brother murder me in mvc2 they cool people though
    I'll be arriving in Albuquerque late Saturday night. I won't be able to be on SRK for awhile, so if anyone wants to get ahold of me, PM me to get my cell # in advance before Saturday.
    8-3-2004

Were any of you guys at the last Xtopia tourney?
    I was at xtopia.

and no i don't suck.
    i was at xtopia and yeah pi sucks. ill whoop you one of these days then ill beat your brother.
    Heh, I dunno, I was whooping some ABQ guys pretty bad and I'm not that great. =\ Did you guys enter MVC2?
    i didnt enter the tournament i was there for free play. i was gonna enter but i know when ive met my match. anyways pi is much better than i am but im steadily getting there. you probably played me in some casual matches and more than likely i was getting my ass handed to me.
    I entered i always play with my girls.

Rogue, Cammy, And Jill.

and yea,,i pretty much got my ass handed to me in the tournament. But i had fun never the less.
This discussion has been closed.