Shaking hands before or after matches. i get it but...

jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,874
i tried to find maybe a recent thread on this, but i couldnt, or the search engine isnt the best. so a lot of us have seen this mentioned before, whether a thread on it, or most likely a couple pages of rambling in a tournament aftermath thread.

like, i get it in sports like football, basketball, rugby, soccer, ect.. you're both hustling your asses off up and down the field or court, sweating, tired, pushing it, ect..., and after such a battle, unless your a bench warmer, you probably feel like, damn, good shit, i gotta shake ya hand on that hustle son. now for some reason i dont get it all to much in e-sports. i guess arguably its still a battle, but a different kind, so it shouldnt be treated any less, but i cant honestly say im a fan of all this fucking hand shaking shit.

i aint no og, and i havent been to every tournament, or read every crevice of srk, but when did shaking hands become popular after matches? i even seen people shake on casuals once or twice. wtf. even when i watch people shake up, sometimes it just looks uncomfortable. its like both people are just like, lets get this the fuck out the way, i dont wanna shake your hand, but i dont wanna be a dick head, and you possibly rage over something dumb. especially considering how hype some people can get. they might take you not shaking their hand as some type of disrespect, so they gonna get extra hype on a win, when really you might just be like, i dont know you, dont know where your hands of been, and im just here to play, fuck shaking your hand.

there is obviously no way the community can come up with something about shaking or not shaking. your just gonna have to be a bold motherfucker and be like, yeah okay, hit start, and the other person gonna have to keep it movin. lol. i dont know, we all come from different backgrounds, before some lil whinny baby comes in here and tells me im a douche bag for not wanting to shake your hand, but that shit was all weird to me when someone did that to me back in the tekken 5 days. im like, wtf is the shaking shit. im use to people poppin off on the basketball court, and just walking the fuck away telling you to kiss their ass, or people in the arcade poppin off, and when you lose, you walk the fuck off, not try to good game shake my hand.

im not trying to sound like a dick, or a tough guy, but i dont wanna shake your fucking hand. i want you to plug your shit in, and lets start playing. i wouldnt take any offense if for some reason god possessed me and tried to make me shake someones hand, and i got denied by dude. oh well, guess he just wants to get this shit going. i dont know, thats just me, you dont have to say good games after every match, you dont need to shake my hand ever, and dont tell me good shit when you just got perfected, or you perfected me. its not good shit. lol. i aint to serious or nothing like that at all, i can take a joke, or a lil hype, and it aint like im gonna start throwing blows over a game, but im just curious how people feel on the hand shaking at the very least.

i mean, just sitting down and playing, and walking away is not exactly a dick head move in my opinion.
LEMME GET DAT!

Comments

• SaikyoBeastSaikyoBeast He Loues Catte Ears Joined: Posts: 1,046
    i dont really want to after a match most of the time, but for me, before, it's just kind of like saying "hey alright, let's play a game." in casuals and "Good luck, may the best man win" in tourney matches.

after a match, if they put it out, i'll be like alright fine. not doing so seems rude and i'm never really that pissed off about losing.

edit

i do usually say "good game(s)" though
    League IGN: CJPurple (retired), Rampaging Panda
    "Poly...tits? Awesome! Is that a new type of boobies!?" - Taokaka, on politics
  • LittleJimmy1983LittleJimmy1983 Darksakul for mod 2018 Joined: Posts: 942
    I usually shake after a match with a complete stranger. A gesture of goodwill I guess.
    End of one nightmare, prelude to the another.
  • AnakronAnakron Alpha Male Joined: Posts: 2,391
    im like, wtf is the shaking shit. im use to people poppin off on the basketball court, and just walking the fuck away telling you to kiss their ass, or people in the arcade poppin off, and when you lose, you walk the fuck off, not try to good game shake my hand.
    Yeah, because that's exactly the kind of sportsmanship the scene needs.

Keep in mind that not everyone lives in inner city Detroit and/or is socially retarded.
    #SNKPlaymore on rizon
    isn't it funny that capcom put a mechanic called focus into a game designed for people with ADD
  • VirtuaFighterFourVirtuaFighterFour VirtuaFighter.com Joined: Posts: 1,572

If your opponent loses and walks away immediately then I wouldn't recommend hounding them for a handshake. Odds are that they are frustrated and need to cool and off and they want to simply be left alone. Pursuing someone who clearly is angry over a loss is an asshole move in my opinion. Yeah, maybe they didn't need to yank the controller from the console and storm off, but chasing them down for a handshake is poor sportsmanship as well. You know they are frustrated, just leave them alone. Two wrongs doesn't make a right.

I would almost always recommend letting the losing player initiate a handshake.

After John Choi beat Ohnuki in the EVO2008 ST grand finals they both immediately stood up, turned to each, and shook hands and smiled. No one jumped up and down and ran across the stage. It was pretty relaxed for both of them, despite the announcers having aneurysms, and the crowd sounding like it had been set on fire.

And yeah, maybe if you're in the grand finals, and you win, then you might have enough adrenaline to need to jump up and down. So doing an immediate handshake after taking a title at EVO might be an unrealistic expectation. But the OP sounds like he's talking about matches far before the grand finals where that kind of celebration would be wildly inappropriate and a handshake would probably be enough closure to the match.
    VF5:FS - Akira, Jean, Wolf, Taka
    VF4/EVO/FT - Wolf, Akira, Goh, Kage, Jacky
    ST - Dictator, Hawk, Boxer, Honda, O.Hawk, Sagat, Ken, O.Boxer, Claw
    3S - Q, Gouki, Ryu III
  • LaneLane down for 3rd strikue frinedlies Joined: Posts: 3,326
    Just be like Kuroda and walk off, and don't acknowledge your opponent.
    btw 3s didn't die. The old guys that run evo and all the other tournaments forced it into retirement because it couldn't turn up a nice enough profit for their mcribs and abercrombie jackets.
    -dander
  • MagnetoManiacMagnetoManiac EX MagMan™ Joined: Posts: 6,697
    I don't shake peoples' hands if they suck. But if they are cool and didn't do anything beforehand, I guess I'll shake their hand (hence vote #3).

If I respect them, I'll put my hand out first. If I don't get a shake and lost, I don't take it personally because the opponent may have thought I was free.

If the opponent thinks he's good, and is not, as well as lost...I stand up and walk out without saying anything.
    凸 (⊙▃⊙) 凸 Hold that
    Team "Get that shit outta here"
    So, do YOU know the match-up?! - team gdlk
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,787
    I shake hands as much as possible because I love touching dudes. :shy:
  • KayinKayin rawr Joined: Posts: 2,115
    snip

Congratulations, you're a fucking dick.

Way to make people continue thinking of competitive gamers as douchebags, don't enough people hate us already? Disrespectful little pricks like you give the scene almost as bad a name as Smash kids.

Kill yourself.
    "Games improve execution? Really? I thought the only way to improve execution is to post retarded questions about how to use a stick in tech talk." - Starcade RIP
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,874
    Yeah, because that's exactly the kind of sportsmanship the scene needs.

Keep in mind that not everyone lives in inner city Detroit and/or is socially retarded.

im gonna be nice to you, because i have gone to pm's over you before, because your an idiot.

my quote was just saying the environment i was use to, and why i might not be all lovey dovey over a fighting game to even want to shake your hand. good shit i lost, or good shit i won, unplug, moving on. i dont know where your from, but you dont have to be from the inner city ghetto to have witnessed or experienced what i was talking about. most street ball games just ended with a walk off, and people snappin on each other, or possibly someone heated, and arcades were hype, and i cant recall no hole lot of handshaking and all this going on, and it was equally as competitive in an arcade, as a tourney.

but i dont know, thats just me, even when people shook after flag football in middle school, i was always like, games over, lets go, who cares. lol. im just gonna kuroda niggaz at evo2k10. lol. im not against it as a whole for the community, because there is no argument for that, but i was just curious of peoples opinion, in case anyone missed that. my first post was mad long.
    LEMME GET DAT!
    This isn't street basketball, this is Street Fighter. Why you're even comparing the two is ridiculous. Two different games, two different mindsets.

But if you want to keep continuing this stereotype, be my guest. People will get the wrong idea from you and end up thinking less of the scene as a result. People already think we hate to have fun and disrespect other players automatically. It isn't true, but people like you make it seem that way to some people.
    "Games improve execution? Really? I thought the only way to improve execution is to post retarded questions about how to use a stick in tech talk." - Starcade RIP

Way to make people continue thinking of competitive gamers as douchebags, don't enough people hate us already? Disrespectful little pricks like you give the scene almost as bad a name as Smash kids.

Kill yourself.

how am i a dick because i dont want to shake your hand. people dont think shit of competitive gamers anyways. AT ALL. LOL, what world do you live in where anyone is ever ever discussing the manners of competitive gamers. thats all an illusion you have created for youself because you are within the gaming community, but really, no one actually cares. no one at all! if everyone tomorrow decided no one shakes hands at tournaments anymore, we're all dicks all of a sudden. that makes no sense. you okay, son? you should probably calm the fuck down a little. i should bring that up at the bar while talking to a female, or the bartender. "hey, you ever seen how rude competitive gamers are sometimes? sheesh.". "competitive who?" lol!

who hates us? please, tell me where competitive gamers are the top of the subject anywhere. whos hating on us outside of us? please, inform me. i mean, you can be so bold to call me a dick head, and a prick, so i would be most interested to know whos side lining us, judging people when they dont shake hands. ha ha. srk at its finest. " YOU DONT SHAKE HANDS! SO YOUR A DICK, BRO! I WANNA SHAKE YOUR FUCKING HAND, MAN."
    LEMME GET DAT!
    Look up the term "tourneyfag".

This is what most people think of us.

YOU'RE the one living in your own little world if you think there isn't some sort of problem.

Casual gaming is a fad now, softcore 'gamers' have taken over. It's sad but it's true. Look at the Wii's sales, and look at what games are selling most for it.
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,787
    If the last round ends in a timeout you have to trade handjobs!
    This isn't street basketball, this is Street Fighter. Why you're even comparing the two is ridiculous. Two different games, two different mindsets.

But if you want to keep continuing this stereotype, be my guest. People will get the wrong idea from you and end up thinking less of the scene as a result. People already think we hate to have fun and disrespect other players automatically. It isn't true, but people like you make it seem that way to some people.

what are the two mindsets? please elaborate. if anything i MIGHT be more inclined to shake a hand after a hard basketball game, then a best of 3 match in marvel, but thats just me. why should i be more inclined to shake your hand because im playing street fighter with you, then just walk away after the games over like i would after something like a street ball match.

what stereotype? i just said im not a fan of shaking hands after a match. i want to unplug and walk away. we're not friends, i most likely dont want to be your friend, i won, or you won, good shit, lemme go get my mind up for the next match. people act like talking shit or win/lose move on is some new movement, hence why marvel gets the most flack for it, but a lot of people tend to just take a win or lost, and walk away when they can without some face to face buddy buddy. its all good, but if you like to do it, fine, why the fuck are you attacking me because im not a fan of it.

i knew someone was gonna come in and get all whinny over handshakes, but your entitled to your rage.
    LEMME GET DAT!
    Fuck it, you're too thick headed. I'm done.

You're probably gonna quit the game soon anyways, good luck making friends in the community. You'll be wondering why you'll end up with no new local comp soon enough.
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,887 mod

Kill yourself.

Pot meet kettle. If people are going to look at competitive gamers as douchebags for skipping out on a hand shake after a match, they certainly will look at them as douchebags when they ask eachother to kill themselves over differences in opinion on sportsmanship.
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
  • mIRCmIRC GOD OF SMPTE Joined: Posts: 7,446
    Germs. Ew.

Fist bump like Barack and Michelle.
    Internet arguments are serious business.

I take back the kill yourself comment, but my point stands.

BLATANTLY REFUSING to shake someone's hand still makes you look like a dick.
  • Digital-Digital- TRVP LORD Joined: Posts: 2,216
    Just be like Kuroda and walk off, and don't acknowledge your opponent.

Kuroda is a G.
    I got a job with the mob making G's, doing some pick-ups, deliveries and transporting keys.
  • megaultrasupermegaultrasuper Joined: Posts: 833
    In the past tournament players had to travel sometimes hundreds or even thousands of miles just to meet each other in a tournament. Oftentimes these tournaments were a once a year thing for the player or sometimes less than that. So the players may have spents hundreds of hours and dollars just to get to where they were at preparing for that single match in a tournament. For them the match was the culmination of a way of life, and a lot of time and effort.

It is customary in such a situation to recognize that your opponent and yourself have most of these qualities in common. You might would even be friends if you knew each other or lived closer together.

The handshake is a mutual greeting of respect between players the shows the recognition of this relationship. It also shows the importance of what is on the line, $$$ and respect. It is a ceremony that tells both players "this is a serious match" and they are saying to each other they are going to bring their A game.

Among players who know each other personally this means that they are temporarily removing all restrictions. The mentor player will not go easy on his apprentice, and the brothers who have grown up playing together will use every dirty trick they know to win. Top tiers will be played. It also means that his match is a bragging rights match. This one matters.

After the match the handshake also has a lot of meaning. It is a way of accepting the outcome of the match. It is a way of accepting defeat for the loser, and offering respect to to loser for having fought bravely. It is also a means for both players to exit "tournament mode" and go back to simply being fighting game enthusiasts and considering each other friends again.

If someone doesn't want to shake hands before and after a match that is fine, but I would consider it their loss. They are missing out on one of the the greatest aspects of the tournament experience: the notion of being a "pro". Professionals always respect each other, even when they are on opposing sides of a conflict.

To simply stare at the screen and refuse to acknowledge the efforts of a worthy opponent is egotistical, and sad. True top players would consider it childish. To refuse to shake the offered hand of a beginner opponent for that reason is even worse. The community doesn't need that. That is pure elitism, and I would caution you to not let the door hit you on your way out.
  • PaperPaper Bowser Joined: Posts: 1,674
    I recently spent some time in Hawaii, when you play a match down there casual or tournament the other player always comes over and gives a fist bump I like that a lot better than hand shakes.

While I'm on the subject I don't like people that try and do that slide hand xx fist bump shit and some black people tend to grab my hand in awkward ways. I'd appreciate just normal hand shakes, thanks.

I usually try and just give a thumbs up to the guy, with a clinched fist they normally don't go for the handshake, after tourney I always give a shake. I never understood it, being at an arcade is already unsanitary enough.
    D͠e̕͜n̡j̢͝i͡ņ A̴r̶͢͡c̴a̛͢͡d͜͜e
    Look up the term "tourneyfag".

This is what most people think of us.

YOU'RE the one living in your own little world if you think there isn't some sort of problem.

Casual gaming is a fad now, softcore 'gamers' have taken over. It's sad but it's true. Look at the Wii's sales, and look at what games are selling most for it.

so i wasted my time to google tourneyfag, and read up to the different types, which is mostly about smash kids, and by one of the definitions, anyone good at any fighting game above the casual standard is a, tourney ***. lol! maybe you should understand your terms better. here let me quote a couple for you
    The Professional - These most likely azn players have dedicated their lives into getting really good at playing the game. You stand no chance against them unless you are a Professional Tourneyfag like they are, in which case you're just as much a loser as them. They know all the rules by heart, and have carefully calculated every statistic to give them the mathematical advantage over their opponent. Normally these Tourneyfags are saving their virginity for Zelda or Princess Peach, and have a severe case of basement dweller-ism. Despite all this, they're not all that annoying, because they're able to shut the fuck up for a few minutes.

Typical Tourneyfag - This type of Tourneyfag is not as dedicated as the Professional, but they're really damn close to failing just as hard as them. They use their favorite character while acknowledging their disadvantages, but occasionally choose a less popular character simply for the sake of wanting to win, with no intention of having any fun. They tend to disagree with some of the rules unless they want to ass kiss the moron who wrote them. They're the most annoying type of Tourneyfag, because they're fucking everywhere. You can most likely find them foaming at the mouth while yelling at someone

how am i living in my own little world. fight gamers are vastly different. some of the best players in the u.s have been known to talk shit, or get a little too upset and just walk off after a win or loss. some of the BEST players that people want to see at tourney after tourney have done this before, past, present, and not to distant past, but the scene didnt die just because a couple egos, or a couple randoms that took a win or a loss, and just kept his hands to himself. i mean, thats weird to me to get upset because someone is not in the mood for one reason or another to shake your hand. maybe they just dont wanna touch you. sounds weird, but who am i to judge. at the end of the day, i dont know you.

i mean at the end of the day, for some people, a stranger is a stranger. okay, we played, next. but, again, its cool if thats your thing, so i dont know why your still arguing. i was just posting a poll out of curiosity, not to create a riff with the community, and have people beefing over handshakes. i think its a reality for a lot of gamers who dont want to shake 100 hands at the next evo, and just wanna plug up and keep it movin, so i was just curious what the overwhelming majority actually is. thats it.
    LEMME GET DAT!
    What the fuck are you talking about?

Like, really, seriously, what?
  • nobusinessnobusiness Joined: Posts: 240
    If someone offers you a handshake, you take it, unless you have some hate for the person. That's just what a decent human being does. You don't have to be the one to offer the handshake, but you better return it.
  • mIRCmIRC GOD OF SMPTE Joined: Posts: 7,446

Superior to handshakes anyways.
  • GhostmakerGhostmaker fixmybrain Joined: Posts: 715
    Pot meet kettle. If people are going to look at competitive gamers as douchebags for skipping out on a hand shake after a match, they certainly will look at them as douchebags when they ask eachother to kill themselves over differences in opinion on sportsmanship.

There's truth to this, but there's a much more glaring problem at hand. The very fact that this topic is even being brought up shows why people might think of competitive gamers as douchebags.

Seriously, is a handshake that big of a deal? I understand that the previous statement goes both ways, but in the time the OP spent vacillating on this topic in preparation for posting this thread, he could've just shook the damn hand. Congratulations, that's time you're never getting back.

If a guy has grimy mitts and goes in for the shake, tell him to wash that shit! Otherwise, you're probably making yourself look like a shithead for no good reason.
    "How can my own sperm get me pregnant?"
    There's truth to this, but there's a much more glaring problem at hand. The very fact that this topic is even being brought up shows why people might think of competitive gamers as douchebags.

Seriously, is a handshake that big of a deal? I understand that the previous statement goes both ways, but in the time the OP spent vacillating on this topic in preparation for posting this thread, he could've just shook the damn hand. Congratulations, that's time you're never getting back.

If a guy has grimy mitts and goes in for the shake, tell him to wash that shit! Otherwise, you're probably making yourself look like a shithead for no good reason.

People will do anything to make themselves not seem like they're at fault.

Was my kill yourself comment dickish? Hell yeah it was, there's no denying that.

But the fact that this guy is trying to make it seem like it's the person trying to shake his hand that's the one at fault, when he's the one showing the sign of disrespect, then getting on his little internet soap box like he's some kind of revolutionary, that's just a whole other level of dickery.
  • EinlanzerEinlanzer never feeling good Joined: Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i do a light smack on dat ass.

"good game dawg" :::smacks ass:::"no homo".
    "I dont always play fighting games,
    But when I do, I lose to II PiGG II "
  • PaperPaper Bowser Joined: Posts: 1,674
    People will do anything to make themselves not seem like they're at fault.

Was my kill yourself comment dickish? Hell yeah it was, there's no denying that.

But the fact that this guy is trying to make it seem like it's the person trying to shake his hand that's the one at fault, when he's the one showing the sign of disrespect, then getting on his little internet soap box like he's some kind of revolutionary, that's just a whole other level of dickery.

I don't like handshakes, if someone comes up to me and gestures for a handshake and I turn it down does that make me a jerk?

No.

Its disrespectful, but if you cared that much about it you'd talk to me about later on and I'd explain how I used to be a germaphobe (I still use hand sanitizer CONSTANTLY especially at the arcade) I'm pretty sure the other guy would be understanding, if he still wasn't even after I explained it and he was still "mad salty" then I think he would be the jerk.

Honestly I just dgaf and do the handshake when someone puts their hand out, and I grip it firmly so you feel like a fool when you try and slide your hand out to do a follow up fist bump. I just clasp that shit and look you straight in the eye. :rofl:
    D͠e̕͜n̡j̢͝i͡ņ A̴r̶͢͡c̴a̛͢͡d͜͜e
    I don't like handshakes, if someone comes up to me and gestures for a handshake and I turn it down does that make me a jerk?

No.

Its disrespectful, but if you cared that much about it you'd talk to me about later on and I'd explain how I used to be a germaphobe (I still use hand sanitizer CONSTANTLY especially at the arcade) I'm pretty sure the other guy would be understanding, if he still wasn't even after I explained it and he was still "mad salty" then I think he would be the jerk.

Honestly I just dgaf and do the handshake when someone puts their hand out, and I grip it firmly so you feel like a fool when you try and slide your hand out to do a follow up fist bump. I just clasp that shit and look you straight in the eye. :rofl:

The difference between you and him is that your reason was respectable, if you tell someone you're a germaphobe plenty of people will understand.

The OP on the other hand is trying to make himself look special by posting a nonsensical wall-of-text bitchfest. There's a huge difference.
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,887 mod
    To be clear, I don't care about people not shaking hands, or spouting off ridiculous remarks online. I think the threat it poses to the image of the community is minor. There are people that display bad sportsmanship in every competitive event.

What I've observed is that people who feel obliged to shake hands instead of earnestly doing so to express they felt it was a good game will give you the most half assed, minimal gesture possible. It makes the gesture lose meaning. Maybe I just draw the line at a different place than some people though. I can't say I approve of all post game antics. Certainly dancing around your opponent and saying they suck to their face is out of line to me, and maybe not shaking hands is out of line to others, but to some people, I think shaking hands is an acknowledgment of a good game, and it makes sense to me when someone doesn't want to make that acknowledgment.
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
  • DaDesiCanadianDaDesiCanadian orangecat av! Joined: Posts: 6,902
    I read that first post twice, and I still have only a bare idea of what it's trying to say. Goddamn.

Handshaking is found in almost any competitive sport. I'm not gonna do it after a casuals match, but i'd do it after every tourney match. The handshake just represents shit like "we might have been trying to kill each other in the damn game, but I respect how you beat me/lost to me." Nothing more. If you don't want to shake hands, nobody's going to make a big deal about it.

This thread should just be renamed "I don't understand the concept of sportsmanship."
    Originally Posted by Mihai
    LOL Also, 99% implies there are at least 100 people that know me you tard. You really should invest in a proper education instead of being a bum.
    The difference between you and him is that your reason was respectable, if you tell someone you're a germaphobe plenty of people will understand.

The OP on the other hand is trying to make himself look special by posting a nonsensical wall-of-text bitchfest. There's a huge difference.

ill respond to you more tomorrow, but i think its funny how hostile a few people are, while also claiming themselves to be so much better for some reason because they like to shake hands before and after a match. all i said is i dont want to shake hands. i didnt say anything negative towards the person. im just not into handshaking. why dont you reply to my pm rather then keep talking shit. the hate is high over something so simple. funny. if i dont shake your hand im a dick head, or i need to explain to you why i dont want to shake your hand. that sounds like your way to serious. i dont need to explain anything. that sounds dickish, but thats just how i feel. i dont know you, want to get the match done, and dont really want to just be dappin mad crazy people all day out of some odd obligation a lot of people feel thats not so deep as people want to make it out to be.

but thats just me. no big. im not asking anyone to be like me. which is why i find the hatred so funny. lol. if you wanna dap, cool, there are many that dont mind. i just stated my opinion, and i was curious of the others. srk is a funny place sometimes. some of us say we want to be this and that of the gaming community, but dont actually display that on the forum, because of course everyones mr nice guy face to face. i may have dropped a couple f bombs, but no where did i ever say someone is wrong, a douchebag, a prick, or anything for wanting to shake my hand. i didnt say i would even be rude to someone wanting to shake my hand. if your so sensitive about something like that, then maybe you need to check yourself, and maybe youre more of a problem then someone like me. brush it off, baby.

i mean, there are gonna be people that arent like you or your friends out there. news flash. so you react to them in a hostile manner? lol! think about it. i find it funny everyones calling me all kinds of names now, but at a tourney if i was like, nah im good, lets go, you would hit start and just be like, whatever. thats not tough guy talk, im just saying its not that serious, and you know it like i know it. calm down. so we're not the same type of guys who want to shake hands before or after. okay. are we gonna really get that mad over that? are you serious right now?
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • AionAion Is a Pre-Madonna Joined: Posts: 1,056
    Just speak. That works. A simple "GG" gets the point across perfectly.
  • shoultzulashoultzula whatsyoursismines! Joined: Posts: 4,503
    If someone offers you a handshake, you take it, unless you have some hate for the person. That's just what a decent human being does. You don't have to be the one to offer the handshake, but you better return it.

me and chris creecy aka magneto x have met in tourney play 3 times and he's beaten every single time. When chris was still living in new orleans, we would visit them once every 2 months or so. After the first time he beat me, I was like gg and gave him a hand shake. 2nd time, never did it or the 3rd time. Chris is my boy now, he helped train me when I was still learning the game. One of the FEW og's to sit and play 20+ games with me just so I can have practice and learn.

Tourney time though, no respect. After that first time, not shaking his hand really fueled the fire from then on. Chris knows this and he acknowledges it. There's no hard feelings. Just 2 people who want it trying to get it. We don't need to shake hands to show respect, as long as we both play our hardest that is all thats required.

Matter of fact, I believe beatsofdevil was sitting behind me and creecy during casuals @ SB3. I beat him off the stick and talked SO MUCH SHIT to him. He walks away and like 30 mins later, we're outside laughing about some dumb shit. Chris is a good winner though. He never gets in your face and talks shit.
    I don't have it but watch me get it.
  • PercyPercy now on tour Joined: Posts: 207
    I think the handshake is unnecessary, usually a good games will get the word across. Also, The fact that some of you guys actually care whether people think of us as tourneyfags is completely retarded. Who gives a fuck? it doesn't change shit.
    online gay! need some offline love!
  • aqualungaqualung aka roadapple Joined: Posts: 460
    we should all follow the lead of 40 - 50 year old white men, and fist bump.
    11:23:41 AM Led: yes 'cause the guy use a trick
    11:23:55 AM Led: like using again and again the same blow
    11:24:05 AM Led: or grabing
    11:24:10 AM roadapple: XD
  • c001357c001357 Time Wizard Joined: Posts: 577
    no offence op but you rant on the most inane things
  • miniiminii Mundo posts where he pleases! Joined: Posts: 568
    I think you misunderstand the concept of a handshake... That's where the problem lies here. You're saying "Yeah I'll shake your hand after working my ass off on the basketball court but street fighters a game", okay, great. What about when you go for a job interview? Handshaking is merely a gesture of acknowledgement I guess more than anything. Manners I suppose. You do it to be polite.