Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition Season V

Comments

• Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989
    Anyone else here back the Kickstarter to the SNES fighting game Unholy Night?
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1251527936/unholy-night-snes-fighting-game-console-cartridge

I couldn't wait tho, so... this.

But gold and smoke catridges tho =) so totally worth it!!!
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,211
    edited March 2
    Anyone else here back the Kickstarter to the SNES fighting game Unholy Night?
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1251527936/unholy-night-snes-fighting-game-console-cartridge

I wasn't going to do another KS project, but the other day two KS projects that I did contributed to paid off, River City Ransom:Underground and Torment: Tides of Numenera.
    Plus this thing promises a Apr 2017 release.

If the KS didn't succeed and you still want the game, here is the Japanese SFC version
    https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/super-famicom/22470-unholy-night-the-darkness-hunter-sfc-brand-new--4538238003600.html
    Post edited by Darksakul on
    Never pay double the retail price
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,372
    Well, this is dumb.

My Switch got delivered from my order with Best Buy. Amazon, on the other hand, has NOT shipped out my copy of Bomberman yet. And I'm not getting Zelda because a) I'll borrow my brother's copy and b) I'm still playing Skyward Sword. None of the nearby Wal-Marts or Best Buys have copies of Bomberman in-stock.

Which means I have a spiffy cool new console with NO games for potentially the next 2-3 days. :(
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,210
    Well, this is dumb.

My Switch got delivered from my order with Best Buy. Amazon, on the other hand, has NOT shipped out my copy of Bomberman yet. And I'm not getting Zelda because a) I'll borrow my brother's copy and b) I'm still playing Skyward Sword. None of the nearby Wal-Marts or Best Buys have copies of Bomberman in-stock.

Which means I have a spiffy cool new console with NO games for potentially the next 2-3 days. :(

Lame. I picked up Bomberman, Zelda, and 1-2 Switch today at BB when I stopped in to pick my switch up (after laughing hardily at the chuckleheads waiting in line at 1300 yesterday to snag one). I couldn't get a Pro controller though because that was sold out... so I had to order on Amazon. I'm seriously considering not opening it and playing anything until I get on the ship for deployment so I don't accidentally piss of the Waifu for not spending time with her. :)
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 456 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well, this is dumb.

Worth a try, if you want some Japanese demos. They got neo geo games there too.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=FbbXiQX1GSM

Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
    Worth a try, if you want some Japanese demos. They got neo geo games there too.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=FbbXiQX1GSM
    Thanks, that helped! I got the demos to Puyo Puyo Tetris and DQ Heroes; the PuyoTetris demo should keep me busy for now.
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    DarksidePhil fails again

Normally I would sympathies for someone in this scenario, but with DSP he deserves it

1st world problems.
    The funniest part of the video at 6:45, where he's like "USB-C is an obscure cable [...] almost nothing uses this anymore".

Looking for:
    Who is this guy? If he doesn't know USB C is the new normal he has zero business making YT videos.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,855
    I only know about that guy because of the incident when he left his stream on when he went to fiddle the noodle
  • Selfmadeking89Selfmadeking89 Joined: Posts: 136
    I have a problem ,i have a diy hitbox with a ps2 pad pcp ,it worked with usf4 on the ps4.
    But with sf5 when i hold downback + forward i get a jump . For example i charge with guile downback and try a sonic boom i get a backjump. Maybe a socd cleaner help ?
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,619
    Who is this guy? If he doesn't know USB C is the new normal he has zero business making YT videos.

OMFG. Our hobby is doomed.

He also used to do stick mods, he used to act like Art swaps on sticks is the most technical and difficult mod ever and charges though the ass for them.
    His tutorial to mod the Mad Catz SE is now missing from Event Hubs (Event Hubs first NSFW Tutorial) https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/nov/19/mad-catz-se-joystick-mod-video-tutorials/
    Machinima drops him for YT vids (DSP claimed he left).
    He is even a Joke on the Nexus mod network http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/945/
    The guy is an embarrassment on so many online communities
    He even has a encyclopedia dramatica entry (NSFW) https://encyclopediadramatica.se/DarksydePhil

Don't know if this is real but it was from Encyclopedia Dramatica
    Kojima_Reaction_on_DSP.png
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,611 mod
    In other news, I still need help paying my medical bills.
    https://igg.me/at/3sVIPkDqzn8
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

We need more Food post

I present you south west style mac and cheese

pQ7NGCK.jpg
  • Pr0sk_Pr0sk_ Joined: Posts: 24
    This seems good, but a bit huge to see right when waking up. Got no reversal for this. Stunt.
    1488536877-twitt.png
    Too bad the assemblergames forums are down for a major server maintenance.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 471
    Yeah...the admin got sick, and the site got hacked.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,619
    So I'm taking out the DPDT switch from my SE fightstick and just making it Cthulhu only + Brook PS3->PS4 converter since I don't even have a use for 360 support anymore.

Thus leaving the hole where the DPDT was on the case. is there a fix to this?
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 871
    i have a few ps3's

all work fine but one of them takes 3 times longer to install games, any idea why? is it a bad hdd ? any ideas?
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,391
    edited March 9
    So I'm taking out the DPDT switch from my SE fightstick and just making it Cthulhu only + Brook PS3->PS4 converter since I don't even have a use for 360 support anymore.

You can do a basic LED mod and make it a toggle switch to turn the LEDs on/off

Or wire the switch up between the cthulhu and a usb flash drive so your stick can double as both a controller and storage for match up notes :smiley:
    PSN: YukiJudai 100, Steam: SRKTT NNG | Bol Sadguy, NNID: Eren_Jaegerrr, Twitter: @BolSadguy
    Arcade Stick Modder in Ontario, Canada. Official stick modder of YUFGC. Sponsored player for Notice Niche Games.
    Current sticks: Yu Narukami TE2 (HBFS-G2, PS-14-DNK, Hayabusa), Hanayo Koizumi Atrox (PS-14-KN, PS-14-DNK, LS-56), Ryuko Matoi HRAP V3 Kai (OBSF-30, OBSF-24 JLF), Mami Tomoe TE (OBSF-30, OBSF-24, LS-40)
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,619
    The latter one is bad because I use my phone for that.

The former is possible. I've been thinking of doing a light up mod, but don't need the full rgb so a kaimana is bad for me. I could just honestly do leds in the buttons and add a switch just in case.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    edited March 9
    anzhar wrote: »
    is it a bad hdd ?

I'd put money on it. Hard drives stumble many times before they fail with the notorious "tick-tickety-tick." Long file access times are a characteristic symptom.

• The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 82

Depending on how much and how far you want to fix that. If you want to patch the hole, it could go from pourring some epoxy or bondo in it (then sand the excess and then do a paint job), to a simple electric tape as the same color of your stick.

Depending on how much and how far you want to fix that. If you want to patch the hole, it could go from pourring some epoxy or bondo in it (then sand the excess and then do a paint job), to a simple electric tape as the same color of your stick.

Yeah, this is what I was looking for. I'm looking for the more permanent fix, which this is.

Thanks!

Yeah, this is what I was looking for. I'm looking for the more permanent fix, which this is.

Thanks!

Or not try hard:
    dba.jpg
    Well, I've already got a Neutrik in, so having another one of these will simply look dumb.

I might as well plug up the hole for the headset jack since that's being rendered useless now as well.
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,910
    Well, it's back in the news again : /

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39191064
    edited March 9
    LOL, ZX spectrum. For such a classic and nostalgic 80 micro computer, it has it hard times.
    I never had a "Zed Ewks Spectrum" no the less seen one in the wild.

But from reading about its issues and watching comparison videos I can see how the Amstrad CPC beat the thing in the UK market.

Speaking of Crowd funding, the Unholy Night Kick starter is going nowhere. Hardly budged in 8 days.
    Worst being the lack of communication from the people who started the project.
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,619
    just found out that the NES Edge Joystick (for NES Mini) has Sanwa JLF out of the box? well according to this video

ive seen another photo where it shows the same thing, but the joystick looks dubious (jlf knock off)

anyone have one that can confirm? this is just interesting because of how cheap it is ($25) and the cost doesnt make sense for it to have a JLF lol

for the 2nd time this week ive come across a used ps4 for £100 with controller and fifa 16

i have no interest in a ps4 but im tempted by this price, is there anything on the system that makes it a must buy??
    Anybody else worried that this is too good to be true? Please do not suck Super Retro Boy !

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/say_hello_to_the_super_retro_boy_an_all-in-one_game_boy_solution
    Anybody else worried that this is too good to be true? Please do not suck Super Retro Boy !

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/say_hello_to_the_super_retro_boy_an_all-in-one_game_boy_solution
    anzhar wrote: »
    i think the psp is better and cheaper and offers a lot more systems

Would this Super Retro Boy run actual cartridges, or just ROMs? I don't see pics of the back of the system, so that detail's up in the air as far as I can tell. 'Cuz that would probably make the biggest difference.

Looking for:
    Would this Super Retro Boy run actual cartridges, or just ROMs? I don't see pics of the back of the system, so that detail's up in the air as far as I can tell. 'Cuz that would probably make the biggest difference.

Cartridges!

Look at the last ten seconds of this Twitter video:
    Who needs carts, when you've got THIS!
    jopamo wrote: »

I really hope so bauce, but I doubt it, show me a KickStarter console that has reached market, and I will eat my words.
    Challenge accepted. Dude ships this month ;-)
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 82

I really hope so bauce, but I doubt it, show me a KickStarter console that has reached market, and I will eat my words.

You asked, I deliver:

The Ouya.

*duck*
    Touché @The_Real_Phoenix

But the Ouya was sooo bad it pretty much salted the earth for future stuff.
    edited March 10
    For the NOSTALGIA! (& the LuLz)
    Ouya did "reach" market, but no one outside of KS backers bought it.
    The Ouya was basically sat unsold in Best buys and at Game Stops.

Now the Ouya is dead since Razer purchased them.

I do not think the Ouya counts for really reaching the market as in the market it was a huge failure.
    If anyone wants an Ouya, I think I still got my KS backer Edition somewhere.
    Darksakul wrote: »
    I think I still got my KS backer Edition somewhere.

FG39BTa.gif
    edited March 11
    GDEMU pre-order submitted! looking forward to giving my game discs and GD-rom drive a well deserved rest.
    Time to sleep :sleeping:
    Post edited by jopamo on
  • JRDIBBSJRDIBBS Neighborhood Modder Joined: Posts: 428
    At PAX East today, its my first large size convention so i got a single day pass to test and also got a PC pass so i have my own little island to rest in. The line for Tekken 7 is insane but not crazier than the Blizzard one. Spent all the money i had budgeted and will be playing in some tourneys. It's fkin awesome.
    I mod so you can play!
    Joysticks, buttons and PCBs, all at paradisearcade.com!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
    Member of the Church of Dremel and the Cult of Hot Glue.
    No mod is finished until you wrangle that wiring!
  • hyp36rmaxhyp36rmax Joined: Posts: 121
    GDEMU pre-order submitted! looking forward to giving my game discs and GD-rom drive a well deserved rest.
    Time to sleep :sleeping:

This is the first I heard of this GDEMU. I totally want one for my VA1 DC now :)
    I stayed up until 2am this past morning just to get a chance to order. Orders were open for exactly 10 minutes. Deunan says that orders will reappear in 2-3 months. Follow/subscribe to his site for updates.
  • manbehindthewiresmanbehindthewires Consider yourself lightly, consider the world deeply Joined: Posts: 930
    JRDIBBS wrote: »
    At PAX East today...and will be playing in some tourneys.

Word on the street was PAX East banned Fightsticks in the SFV tourney...that true?

SFV: Chun Li [CFN: thewires / manbehindthewires]
    Third Strike: Alex/Ibuki [Fightcade: MBTW]
    Here to learn.
    JRDIBBS wrote: »
    At PAX East today...and will be playing in some tourneys.

Word on the street was PAX East banned Fightsticks in the SFV tourney...that true?

That would not surprise me