Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition Season V

Comments

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,451 mod
    Just want to remind everyone that Flagging posts is currently to be used for bots only. If there's a problem user/post, PM me or @Kyle instead.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • chaoslimitschaoslimits Death by snu snu Joined: Posts: 1,826
    edited April 2014
    Post edited by chaoslimits on

@kojibeoulve > i want to refund sf4 from my life; give me back all my lost time!
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,346
    edited April 2014

Hmm. I have a prototype JLF gate from PAS with no insert and the shaft still has that same play. I don't think the gate is the cause of that but I like the way that thing looks. Looks like they may have improved the actuator as well. Sigh....I'll have to get one to try of course. Thanks for bringing that to light. I have seen the blue gate but didn't know that this thing existed
    iNENDOi wrote: »

Hmm. I have a prototype JLF gate from PAS with no insert and the shaft still has that same play. I don't think the gate is the cause of that but I like the way that thing looks. Looks like they may have improved the actuator as well. Sigh....I'll have to get one to try of course. Thanks for bringing that to light. I have seen the blue gate but didn't know that this thing existed
    According to the write up, the switches might have changed as well...
    Timing Switch for On/Off is much more precise and responsive.

@kojibeoulve > i want to refund sf4 from my life; give me back all my lost time!
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,434
    Hmm, I'm curious as to how the 1 piece gate may affect the feel.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,346

I have a one piece gate for JLF and it didn't effect the deadline wiggle like they are suggesting but it makes gate impact feel better.

• PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,434
    edited April 2014
    iNENDOi wrote: »

I have a one piece gate for JLF and it didn't effect the deadline wiggle like they are suggesting but it makes gate impact feel better.

The gate impact feel is something I definitely like better about the Hayabusa, just feels more solid. I assumed it was more due to the gate bolting into the housing (versus the jlf 's gate mounting), hadn't considered that the two piece design could be a culprit. Found myself laughing at the blue gate earlier, now I want to try one, lol.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • pzlatepzlate When's Breakers Joined: Posts: 928
    edited April 2014
    It's an exciting time for levers. So many new options.

You can still see a "2RV" and a "G-S" in the gate so it's most likely still the D2RV-G switches.

Maybe the extra text at the end of the switches (the S and that might be a D2?) is just model number for those through hole D2RV-Gs.
    Post edited by pzlate on
    edited April 2014
    Is this correct?
    JLF-TP-8YT-SK = Regular JLF
    JLF-TRG-8YTH-SK = Silent JLF 2013
    JLF-TPRG-8AYT-SK = Silent JLF 2014
    And if that's the case, 8A = the new gate and the P (in TPRG) = new switches?

Edit: Also,
    @ArcadeShock
    @chaoslimits Good to know about the browsers. We will have a fix. For the time being, the gate is not sold separately. Eventually it will.
    Post edited by chaoslimits on

• spenzaliispenzalii Joined: Posts: 2,017
    Crowns are really that stiff? They're usually the lightest of the Korean bunches.

Taeyoungs are HAPP level stiff, or pretty close to it out of the Korean line.

Close, but note quite. Closer than, say, a JLW or even a LS-40. But even the newest Crown still will feel like a well work Happ with a light spring. not even the standard medium spring.

And now that I finished typing this, I know how I'm going to set up the old Voltech case I've been sitting on for the past few months.
    And we build BALLER SHIT! (c) Matskat
  • phaedrusphaedrus Joined: Posts: 818
    phaedrus wrote: »
    Just got the suzo. Mother of god this is a stick for those who like em stiff.

You should try a crown. I couldn't use it for more than ten minutes before my forearm started hurting.

i want to. I still have an empty TvC. I also still have 3 sticks waiting to be finished so no chance in that happening. Hell i still need a panel for the suzo. Gonna put in in my HSS.

7 button is trap.
  • Capn SpankyCapn Spanky Bullet Billpocalypse Joined: Posts: 1,795
    Custom console modder's blog: http://vaduamka.canalblog.com

Very cool stuff. I want any of these Super Famicom's shown.
  • nscnsc Stay free, it's the way to be Joined: Posts: 1,795
    Man custom fan grills are sick!

Also, I see you guys are all quite happily TTing it up--but that jojo though!

So nice seeing it with an animation budget, going to be so good revisiting this story.
    PSN: iamnsc ~ Steam: nsc
    Ontario, Canada
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,901
    nsc wrote: »
    Man custom fan grills are sick!

Also, I see you guys are all quite happily TTing it up--but that jojo though!

So nice seeing it with an animation budget, going to be so good revisiting this story.
    And according to the original post, the grills are hand made with a dremel.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    I didn't know that gummo approved grills existed!
    Ontario, Canada
  • MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,836
    Well, hopefully the new stick designs offer something new that gives them incentive for buying. For example, the TE 2 and the pop up lid and button storage lifted from Razor.

Has Razor even released their stick yet? If not, it's way too late in this gen to get that thing going, they ought to make it next gen.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Righto. Joined: Posts: 13,793
    Atrox already got released.

I'm sure once there's an incentive for a PS4 stick, Madcatz won't fail to disappoint.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    Yeah but if it's a ps360+4 then who's going to want to drop money on a whole new TE2.

The new body means they're not cheap to begin with AND since it's so early in the generation if you go to a tourney you don't want to have 3 sticks (last gen, xbox one, ps4)

I can see a lot of people just going with the 360+4 and calling it a day.
    Ontario, Canada
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    Well, then you may as well say that if it's anyone who's killing the stick market it's modders like us! :p
    It's more sticks themselves are killing the market. They're huge, heavy, "expensive", niche and travelling with 3 of them isn't something anyone wants to do.

Heck storing sticks is an issues.

Modders work for the people, outside the red tape set down by sony and microsoft. Red tape which makes the people's lives harder. Modders are more like revolutionaries.
    Ontario, Canada
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

Look at it like this: I'm personally responsible for at least 8 people not purchasing Xbone TE2 sticks, that's already $1600 down the drain for MadCatz. Now think about how much someone like Gummo has cost MadCatz, and this is all thanks to that arch enemy Microsoft :)

Not to mention the amount of PS3 & 360 sticks we've done, though at least then we were purchasing MadCatz 360 Fightpad pcb's. Local heroes like Toodles, phreak, and TRNG have blessed us with home grown community tech which is yet more money lost for Hori & MadCatz.

We really are the worst type of people. But at the same time.. the best.
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,870 mod
    You know, it's getting really hard to recommend anything other than a PS360+ for mods right now because of it being able to be upgraded to PS4 soon. I went through my entire inventory on the first day at Texas Showdown on that fact alone. Add PS3 or 360 to your stick now, get PS4 later? It was almost like I was having a 2-fer sale!
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

• MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,836
    You guys are forgetting that you can still get a nice new case with brand new buttons and LED's already installed and then use your already owned PS360+ in it and then wire up a Kaimana as well. Bam, a reason to buy a TE2 and you still get to use the shit you already spent money on. Then you can sell your old stick if you want minus the PCB for like $60 (which would be a steal) and pretty much pay 50% of the cost of the new TE which is basically equivalent to buying a new case.
  • ExtremeYoshiFanExtremeYoshiFan Joined: Posts: 1,179
    Moonchilde wrote: »
    You guys are forgetting that you can still get a nice new case with brand new buttons and LED's already installed and then use your already owned PS360+ in it and then wire up a Kaimana as well. Bam, a reason to buy a TE2 and you still get to use the shit you already spent money on. Then you can sell your old stick if you want minus the PCB for like $60 (which would be a steal) and pretty much pay 50% of the cost of the new TE which is basically equivalent to buying a new case.

I got my TE-S fully intact for $60 a while back. I knew it was a good deal, but I didn't think it was that good of a deal. It just needed a bit of cleaning and it was good to go.
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,642
    seeing @DaRabidDuckie in action in real life was pretty cool
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,451 mod
    edited April 2014
    Considering that the HRAP.V4 is PS3 and PS4 compatible, I'm pretty sure MadCatz PS4 sticks will offer the same. Heck, if we're lucky, we might even see it with the upcoming USFIV sticks.
    I'm surprised there aren't more thread merging done on this forum overall by @d3v‌.
    There seems to be a lot of recent threads by new members about "Which stick should I buy?", or "What part do I need for this stick?", all of which can be asked in one of the stickied threads...
    Because vanilla doesn't allow me to merge threads.

You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • undamnedundamned Wake up! Time to die! Joined: Posts: 1,686
    My friend made a video game parody of the Sanford Kelly stick toss. http://planetskill.com/stickchucker/

It's more of a chance for him to make a Genesis style soundtrack than it is a chance for him to wow you with Game Dev skills.
    I got a couple 101 scores :)
    -ud
  • DanAdamKOFDanAdamKOF Joined: Posts: 1,000
    undamned wrote: »
    My friend made a video game parody of the Sanford Kelly stick toss. http://planetskill.com/stickchucker/

It's more of a chance for him to make a Genesis style soundtrack than it is a chance for him to wow you with Game Dev skills.
    -ud
    Just got 103. Shit's addicting.
  • Capn SpankyCapn Spanky Bullet Billpocalypse Joined: Posts: 1,795
    edited April 2014
    [img][/img]
    DanAdamKOF wrote: »
    undamned wrote: »

-ud
    Just got 103. Shit's addicting.

Lol, I just got 103 as well: "Seth Killian." Second time I got it, it was "Daigo Umehara." I think anything above 100 says this dialog.

I don't know how high the score goes, but when I hit 103, the stick literally turned into dust when it hit the floor. On my near perfect throws, I've hit 103. Maybe 105 is the top limit?
  • DanAdamKOFDanAdamKOF Joined: Posts: 1,000
    103 is the max score possible. Someone used slo-mo and clicked KO on the first frame possible and clicked the power gauge on max charge, and got 103.
    Haha damn, I feel leet.

BTW, anyone know someone in Dallas with a ROM burner? I have a buddy nearby who does arcade repairs as a hobby, but he's been busy, and I don't know when he'll have time to volunteer to burn a ROM for me. I'm 4096kbit away from booting my $50 beatmania machine... which I bought in October :/ haha
  • ed1371ed1371 Yogahh Joined: Posts: 1,525
    I actually scored a 0... equally as leet on the bottom end? lol
    why crimp when you can solder??

PSN: Nippage
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,475
    I've only gotten 101 and 102 so far.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga