Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition Season V

Comments

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,689 mod
    I'd say I approve if it didn't come from Shitaku.

Really, why do you keep reading that site?
    Because it's on the same network as Jalopnik and the sidebar keeps recommending me stuff from it.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • Capn SpankyCapn Spanky Bullet Billpocalypse Joined: Posts: 1,795
    I'd say I approve if it didn't come from Shitaku.

Really, why do you keep reading that site?

Because I like deal of the day articles. And their sister site provides BUTTHOLE approved articles like this.
  • nscnsc Stay free, it's the way to be Joined: Posts: 1,795
    UD is too OG to be shook by whining.

Now stop posting and work harder, get your shit out! (jking <3)
    PSN: iamnsc ~ Steam: nsc
    Ontario, Canada
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,689 mod
    Was finally able to clear out my inbox. It turns out that there was a bunch of messages from months ago that were marked as unread somehow.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,826
    undamned wrote: »
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Whats up with people bugging the shit out of everyone for ETAs on Community developed projects.
    I know @Phreakazoid and @undamned got people hounding them on their respected projects.
    I sure @armi0024 deals with this alot.

Christ people, we don't do these things full-time, we have actual jobs/careers we got to take care off first.
    For us its a hobby, often we charge as little as we can without making a lost. We often set prices where we have them to make a return on our investments.
    And IF we do profit, often that money goes into the next big project. It is why I dropped out of selling TE screws and passed by some of my own projects.
    I was looking into reprinting MVS cart labels and CPS2 board labels, maybe offering services to the community but not if I going to get harassed by people.
    I get that enough harassment at work managing the frozen food department at a local supermarket.
    There's a delicate balance between announcing something too early (people get tired of waiting) and waiting too long to announce (risk someone else releasing something similar/better). I'm not really that bothered by the hounding. It translates to me as hype, which can be a good thing.
    -ud
    I'm ok with the bugging as long as people appreciate the end product. Nothing worse than having 5 or so people hound you and then no praise or thank you when you are done :)

However to be honest, the guys on TT are part of what keeps us going. You guys are great about pushing us to keep working despite the transient episodes of drama.
    www.paradisearcadeshop.com Sanwa, Seimitsu and a ton of custom parts
    2015 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, OBS-MX buttons
    2014 Tech Talk Stick Mod of the Year, LVT3 TE2
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
  • mIRCmIRC GOD OF SMPTE Joined: Posts: 7,445
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Whats up with people bugging the shit out of everyone for ETAs on Community developed projects.
    I feel like this post was made partly because of me so I'll try to quickly explain it from my perspective. I've basically been waiting for the stars to align for awhile now. I decided months ago I was going to order from Paradise Arcade because they seem cool and sold or had sold everything I needed. However, the anodized 1mm actuator was sold out until recently. Between the time my stick broke and restock of the actuators the Hayabusa came out and reviews seemed pretty good. So I was excited to hear that Paradise would soon have them as well. Even more excited when armi said they'd have them by weekend. Didn't come up that weekend so I waited just in case he actually meant the next. No show again last weekend so then I waited a couple of days to ask what's up. It was eleven days after that post that I'd asked.

On top of that I have two specific time constraints on waiting to buy. The first being that the longer I wait the more likely things that I want to buy will be sold out. For example, I was going to buy several Paradise brand thick 30mm silent pads and Little Kahunas but they're both sold out. So the sooner I can buy everything the better. The second time constraint is that I'm using my Dad's credit card because it's safer to get stuff delivered to their place and some places are iffy about the information on the card being different from the package destination. So I call him up last night telling him "Hey, expect 100 bucks to disappear from your account" and then he'll be weirded out because I still haven't charged anything with his account.

So, even without my personal situation I don't think my ask was out of line. It might seem annoying if there are dozens more of me but I'm sure, for the most part anyway, individually we have our reasons.

• NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,346
    Bryan was editing pics for the Hayabusa yesterday. So they should be up with the quickness. I asked about Kahunas and he said he would check on them. They can just cut more if need be, so that shouldn't take long. I have no problems bugging him about this stuff. :)
  • armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,826
    edited April 2014
    @mIRC‌ I am all good if you are, I wasn't upset at all. Text Susan, her number is on the site and tell her to set the stuff aside. We ran out or thick silencer foam, but the thins just need to have the stock number adjusted. @SusanInParadise‌ has been the backbone of the business as I have made delta gold level in three months with how much I have been traveling, that's 50k miles I'm three months. This week is my last trip until June! Woohoo.

We are hiring someone to edit pics, hoping to speed things up. We have stuff sitting on the shelf that we just haven't had time to post. Which really sucks when others release stuff we have but haven't listed.

@iNENDOi‌ has the most rights out of any to light me on fire lol, we are almost done with that though, and I can't wait!

My life is crazy busy sometimes, and I never get upset if you "remind" me by email or I'm about something, armi0024@gmail.com

@mIRC‌ I can do all your stuff when I get back on Sunday...
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
    That's because Bryan is actually based on you, if anyone actually stepped at you you'd just go ham on them :D
    Ontario, Canada
    nsc wrote: »
    That's because Bryan is actually based on you, if anyone actually stepped at you you'd just go ham on them :D
    don't go ham on anyone... except Canadians, Canadians just incite fury..
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,316
    edited April 2014
    mIRC wrote: »
    I feel like this post was made partly because of me so
    I did not say any names.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,870 mod
    edited April 2014
    Man, fuck EVERYTHING right now. Everything.

I was just starting to feel hopeful about things. I had a good place to live with my two cats in a great city that I love a lot, and I just grew my business enough to where I can afford health insurance. I was even taking care of a mama cat who just had five adorable kittens that I was helping find a home (and possibly keeping the mama cat as an outdoor cat after having her spayed).

Well, then I find out my roomate is selling the house we live in and that I have to move out "fast" so he can renovate before selling it.

I just checked housing sites and craigslist, and I can't afford a new place with what I make (a measly $1,200 a month, but I was quickly increasing my business) unless I give up my 7-yr old cats that I've raised from kittens. Even if I get a new job I wouldn't be getting paid fast enough to pay for deposits.

I should have known it was too good to be true when I was offered a place to stay in Austin last year until I could get back on my feet, even after I started paying rent. Just when I did get back on them, they were kicked right out from under me.
    Post edited by DaRabidDuckie on
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

@mIRC Susan has updated the little kauna count
    edited April 2014
    @DaRabidDuckie‌ sorry to hear things suck that bad, our Landlord bumped our rent 25% and then kicked us out when we reported the collapsing cess pool in the front yard that we had asked him to fix for 6 months... Sometimes life is just a giant kick in the nuts.
  • ExtremeYoshiFanExtremeYoshiFan Joined: Posts: 1,179
    edited April 2014
    snip

Did you have a rental agreement? Like, a lease? If you did, he can't kick you out. Not yet, anyway. That's what Tenant Rights are for. Now, if you didn't have one made up, you're basically screwed. I don't know your exact situation, or how this guy managed to sell a house before renovating it, but I do know you'll pull through this one, I'm sure of it. Even if you have to leave your cats with a trusted friend, you'll make it. If you ask around, somebody else might opt to give you a place to crash, at least for a bit. If that proves to be impossible, somebody on couchsurfers might be able to help you out, but it most likely will not be anywhere close to long term. It is worth a shot though.

If that doesn't work, you can always see if you can get low-income housing and/or rent assistance. Because if you do qualify for it and find a place that suits your needs, you'll get an actual lease, and your new landlord won't be able to pull this shit on you.

That's sadly about all I can tell you in this particular situation(as I don't know your state, and even if I did, I don't know your local laws). All I've told you is what little I know from the other side of things, as my father has made a living by managing rentals for other people as a proxy-landlord.

I wish you, and your cats, the best of luck in your search for a new home.
    Post edited by DaRabidDuckie on
    armi0024 wrote: »
    Sometimes life is just a giant kick in the nuts.

Yeah, but in my case it's repeated, and annually.
    If that doesn't work, you can always see if you can get low-income housing and/or rent assistance. Because if you do qualify for it and find a place that suits your needs, you'll get an actual lease, and your new landlord won't be able to pull this shit on you.

That may be my best option. I know I'm going to have to find a different job, though. I've been working to the point of exhaustion but still only make about $300/wk. I need something else.

"Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

• MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,836
    I totally get you man. I've had several instances where it felt like my life fell apart. I'm ok for the most part now, just working towards getting my dream rolling. And a few projects :)
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,486
    Sorry to hear all that, @DaRabidDuckie‌
    I truly hope that things turn for the better for you and your cats. If my wife was reading this, she'd be going "Save the cats! Save the cats!"

If you don't mind me asking, what's your current job, and what are you aiming to do?
    I mean, it'd be great if someone here could hook you up with something, but maybe at least someone could pitch an idea that you might not have thought of?
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
    So I'd been saving up for months to get a 3DS and Bravely Default. I finally had enough to get one, and I was going to buy one off my roommate, who buys and sells rare games.

After he told me the news about the house, I mulled it over for a few hours, and then I thought "FUCK IT. I'M BUYING IT ANYWAY."

1800396_10101149750138366_4427153199602706412_n.jpg

Reckless? Probably, but it's not like I wasn't planning it for months. I thought it best to follow through instead of hate the guy because he was stopping me from a goal I'd worked toward for months.
    Sorry to hear all that, @DaRabidDuckie‌
    I truly hope that things turn for the better for you and your cats. If my wife was reading this, she'd be going "Save the cats! Save the cats!"

If you don't mind me asking, what's your current job, and what are you aiming to do?
    I mean, it'd be great if someone here could hook you up with something, but maybe at least someone could pitch an idea that you might not have thought of?

Thanks, I appreciate that.

I'm a professional stick modder and an IT contractor. I make very little off of either, mostly because I'm too tired or in too much pain to work (because I work too much). Stress and depression got to me so I had to stop taking work orders at home.

I just want to live comfortably, have enough to pay my student loans, and attend tournaments.

edited April 2014
    Fire Emblem Awakening is one of the best games I have played in my entire life. I loved everything about it.

Also of interest: my local pizza shop, Woodstock's Pizza in San Luis Obispo, CA, just made a new signature pizza. It's called the "Sriracha-cha" and it has pineapple, green onion, and bacon. The sauce is a white garlic sauce mixed with Sriracha, and then they put Sriracha on top. I feel like you guys should now about it because this is tech talk, and Sriracha is our mistress.
    Post edited by Capn Spanky on
    Wait, since money is an issue why didn't you buy a 2ds?
    Ontario, Canada
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,346
    I have another Crunchyroll 48 hour guest pass. Let me know if any of you want it.
  • Ikagi-chanIkagi-chan Loves his HRAP2SA! <3 Joined: Posts: 1,980
    I'd say it was a good idea what with it having larger screens and the ability to use the Circle Pad Pro down the line if he ever needs it.
    Fuck you for hating my slice of bread gaming waifu.

Wonder_Bread_Open.JPG
    NINTENDO-Blauw

I don't have either handheld yet, but I'll definitely be getting a 2ds eventually because:

I don't portable handheld anymore since I'm not 8 getting driven around by my parents, so handhelds won't leave my house/apartment and if they do it'll be played on break at work (so toss that shit in the briefcase)
    Speakers are going to be crap anyways and you're a jerk if you don't wear headphones, nobody wants to hear candycrush on an ipad and even less want to hear anything out of a 3ds
    Ontario, Canada
    iNENDOi wrote: »
    I have another Crunchyroll 48 hour guest pass. Let me know if any of you want it.

I think I also have two or three saved up, and I'm willing to give them out to you guys.

• MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,836
    @DaRabidDuckie‌ gotcha, those are all good reasons to get one over the other. Larger screen is always a win. I'm surprised it isn't standard yet, but ALL portable devices should have HDMI output.
    If I got to choose between the two (and I did)
    I go for the 3DS XL over the 2DS every time.
  • KyleKyle PS-14-Gangsta Joined: Posts: 4,735 mod
    I'll play dumb here. What is this picture from? Something photoshopped?
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,644
    Kyle wrote: »

haha yeah, its just something i sketched up the other night..
    Kyle wrote: »

haha yeah, its just something i sketched up the other night..

Love it
    @hibachifinal‌
    They had "RPG Maker" and "Fighter Maker" games back in the day... SRKTT needs a "Stick Maker" game.

@b15sdm‌ would be GDLK in that game
    @Markman would own 30 copies of the game
    @Gummo‌ would have access to the debug mode
    @Phreakazoid‌ , @undamned‌ , @armi0024‌ (among others) would have crazy overpowered exclusive DLC
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    I feel that this is definitely more appropriate of a request here in TT than in the Trading Outlet.

Anyone have a set of leftover X360 Brawlstick buttons (the full set of 8, the Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/4xBlack), preferably in good shape and working, to unload for real cheap?

I'll be building some guest-sticks (ie, beater-sticks) sometime this spring/summer, and I'll need myself one more set of those...

Looking for:
    I feel that this is definitely more appropriate of a request here in TT than in the Trading Outlet.

Anyone have a set of leftover X360 Brawlstick buttons (the full set of 8, the Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/4xBlack), preferably in good shape and working, to unload for real cheap?

I'll be building some guest-sticks (ie, beater-sticks) sometime this spring/summer, and I'll need myself one more set of those...
    I might have something, let me double check my extra parts