Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition Season V

1688689690691692694»

Comments

• P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,678
    What is this about PS4 Pro's having joysticks randomly disconnect or drop inputs because it doesn't hold a steady 5v on the usb line?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,282
    P. Gorath wrote: »
    What is this about PS4 Pro's having joysticks randomly disconnect or drop inputs because it doesn't hold a steady 5v on the usb line?

Use a external powered USB hub
    Never pay double the retail price
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,678
    Darksakul wrote: »

that seems like a really stupid thing to have to do with the more expensive version of a new state of the art system.

that seems like a really stupid thing to have to do with the more expensive version of a new state of the art system.
    it Bypass the issue of the USB ports on the PS4 Pro not holding a Steady 5v.

Its a common problem with all consoles with USB ports not just the PS4 Pro.
    The regular PS4, Xbox One, Xbox One S, and all models of the PS3 and Xbox 360 has in some form or another similar issues.

it usually comes from someone who mod/dual-mod their stick and added a crap ton of LEDs.

You think it's stupid but bypassing the issue all together is the easier solution.
    Using a powered USB Hub is also smart to use at tournaments, spare the console from unnecessary wear and tear from multiple people just yanking out USB cords without a care

There been tournaments where people made USB extenders just to avoid wear and tear on consoles.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 493
    edited April 19
    I'm actually surprised that hubs/extensions aren't used more often at tournaments. USB type A ports aren't bulletproof, and repairing them once damaged on a main board can be risky business. All it takes is one salty crybaby yanking out their stick and POW.
    Post edited by jopamo on
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,381
    jopamo wrote: »
    I'm actually surprised that hubs aren't used more often at tournaments. USB type A ports aren't bulletproof, and repairing them once damaged on a main board can be risky business. All it takes is one salty crybaby yanking out their stick and POW.
    I remember there was discussion that tournaments should at least use small USB extensions taped down to the table for players to plug their arcade sticks into.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • mr.mortifiedmr.mortified A man behind a desk Joined: Posts: 3,044
    I'm considering just putting a powered USB extension on the setup but if you're doing like the a stream you can always have a stage manager for them to plug the stick in for you.
    Not everyone has that luxury sadly

also
    hello, its still a butthole in here
    follow me on twitter @mr_mortified
    I need dat twitter PSR
    edited April 20
    LOL. Define butthole.
    (And no, not the intrinsic definition :wink: )
    Whoa.
    tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif
  • Jamin3131Jamin3131 Modding Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 1,187
    Is everyone coming out of the wood works now?
    Find me at A&C Games in Toronto Mondays and Wednesdays

edited April 21
    Jamin3131 wrote: »
    Is everyone coming out of the wood works now?

i found my old JDM postcard and saw it was a sign

also here's some food
    i've been baking a lot recently

UHQear6M_v93fNMOggR3mb3EQFzZWR5GniufwihOPvWplbc1OVB3fFoHiFaWmjQMzuGFiP2P6V2KSZgyew1wjmP8kORG5iy9I-Z0mZtZGuJRzr_KLL7uRd1FVVbIDq4VFm-KOapBe2VoZy0bQVVuOZD14lZmsqoyN4kpzb1xyo9ixriIXftiGS_a6X9Jc7hJ-56_CTiGEy_yEGA1CfK7LsO_fXdaZHu1E-w7JIBFmrgtZF1a_LhhddaQFV7scMZnrJA7VGZbCzvH4Tuem6_7kwwk4FBhYxSHaZUAVorXh-zw7K3QfUPR6IUyIbHKZZdwcSZZ_Hswxe6mf7Wg1hjqODEVqTWqjqWS2GjNuFiMeGzdkHQW7QkNyF5TNPLao0ToiKqeic9bBWs1-6ykw5dziUN4NLVrJtXQxl25vcypnDlFCXDfPmJIbY0uimMUVYsyyAyGi6OmYWVi4cctPIEaQ37VckSzqYzO2nhw8ysAPOhuWTmfYeoMKrf8k1rFBramYcjI5MWxhFWwdL0U8Hhd2bh8A-UCtU743eFlJmRYu0x-J32TjidFCuPkHECbPGgPeX894vq7-W_4VCyDRydrCX7higJG-vE6hqXZU63f0H2sBCQwccYs=w1343-h755-no
    I need dat twitter PSR
    I really could go for some pecan pie right now T__T
  • Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 4,688
    I kind of worried. I think spam e-mail has become self-aware. It's only a matter of time now until Skynet launches a robot insurrection against us. -_-
    OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY
    NIGERIA INVESTIGATION BUREAU
    ANTI-FRAUD UNIT
    14A AWOLOWO LANE, IKOYI
    LAGOS NIGERIA.

From Desk Of Mrs Vivian Martins
    Director Inter-Switch Unit of the Fund Investigation Bureau
    Tel: +234-806-731-6969

ATTENTION: BENEFICIARY,
    (BE CAREFUL OF THE HOODLUMS)

I am Mrs. Vivian Martins Executive Chairman Nigeria Investigation Department/FBI Investigation department Nigeria, a committee set up by the Federal Government of Nigeria under the able President Muhammadu Buhari. Based on the finding in this investigation department we wish to warn you against some touts. We have been informed that some touts are contacting you in respect to the collection of your fund in the total sum of $15.5 Million US Dollars that was long approved in your favor through the Eco Bank of Nigeria plc.

As a matter of fact we have been on this investigation assignments for some time codely known to no one but the Presidency and some top government official who are in support of this investigation team to help stop fraudalent activities in this country. There is presently a counter claims on your funds by one MR ROBERT BENSON, who is presently trying to make us believe that you are dead and even explained that you entered into an agreement with him in your sick bed before you passed away, to help you in receiving your fund, So here comes the big question.

Did you sign any Deed of Assignment in favor of (MR ROBERT BENSON). thereby making him the current beneficiary with this following account details: MR ROBERT BENSON,AC/NUMBER: 6503809428. ROUTING/122006743,B/NAME:CITI BANK, ADDRESS:NEW YORK,USA, we shall proceed to issue all payments details to the said MR. ROBERT BENSON, if we do not hear from you within the next two working days from today. However, you are advice to email the bank and confirm to them immediately and let them know if MR. ROBERT BENSON is from you or not.

Here is the Banking Information's:

1) NAME OF BANK: ECO BANK NIGERIA PLC.
    2) CONTACT PERSON: MR. Jubril Aku
    3) TEL: +234-8061153073
    4) EMAIL: ecobnk.intnlremittancedep@gmail.com

Please note that you have less than 48hrs to get in contact with the Bank,or the Bank will proceed to issue all payments to MR ROBERT BENSON

Kindly reply urgently by today for more information and directive of claims.

We wait for your concern and action of claim to this regards.

Best Regards

Yours sincerely,

Mrs. Vivian Martins: Director Inter-Switch Unit of the Fund Investigation Bureau
    Deputy: Mr. Tony Allens:
    Telephone:+234-806-731-6969
    ******************************************************************************************************************
    Please note that some fraudsters are claiming to be the Executive Chairman, Chief Mrs. Vivian Martins (AIG rtd.) or staff of The Nigeria Investigation Bureau have recently been sending phony e-mails/letters and also calling unsuspecting persons, with intent to defraud them. It is important to note that these fraudsters are criminals engaged in Advanced Fee Fraud known in Nigeria as 419. Every day, people throughout the world are falling victim to scams of one kind or another. But remember - if it sounds too good to be true, it is probably a scam. In the circumstance, we unreservedly advice you to dissociate yourself from all correspondence and transactions entered into based on evidently fraudulent and fictitious claims.
    I bolded the 'WTF' part.
    My Sale Thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/137405/wts-pelican-ps2-to-ps3-lots-of-controllers/p1
    Current highlights include: Current and past gen controllers and misc. parts
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 84
    edited April 23
    I'm glad you like it.
    I've more fun in perspective:
    grXXpp9m.jpg
    Freshly built this afternoon
    I'm glad you like it.
    http://imgur.com/grXXpp9][img]http://i.imgur.com/grXXpp9m.jpg Freshly built this afternoon[/img]

Nice 3D Printer

I did find it's big brother

• The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 84
    I'm glad you like it.
    http://imgur.com/grXXpp9][img]http://i.imgur.com/grXXpp9m.jpg Freshly built this afternoon[/img]

Nice 3D Printer

I did find it's big brother

Ha ha ha nice. Mine takes enought place like that. I'll find a place to put it after testing it.
  • Jamin3131Jamin3131 Modding Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 1,187
    So after 5 years, finally finished wiring up my friends stick.. Life man.

Feels good though to get it done :)
    Find me at A&C Games in Toronto Mondays and Wednesdays

• FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 898
    jopamo wrote: »
    Great video review! When are more coming?

Besides the arcade sticks and arcade projects I have going i'll be documenting, looks like another review will come soon as there's an Obsidian on it's way over to me to tear apart. XD
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
    Random question:
    What's the deal with Sanwa's yellow bat-top? They made them back in the day, but stopped? Or was it limited edition to begin with?
    I have custom builds in mind that would look awesome with a yellow color-scheme (for the parts), but I'm a bat-top user, and not having a great selection of standard bat-top colors available really throws a wrench in the plans...
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    Jamin3131 wrote: »
    So after 5 years, finally finished wiring up my friends stick.. Life man.

Feels good though to get it done :)

project secret project is still dead in my parents house after i moved out. that was 6 years now. I should go finish that thing
    I need dat twitter PSR
    edited April 25
    Random question:
    What's the deal with Sanwa's yellow bat-top? They made them back in the day, but stopped? Or was it limited edition to begin with?
    I have custom builds in mind that would look awesome with a yellow color-scheme (for the parts), but I'm a bat-top user, and not having a great selection of standard bat-top colors available really throws a wrench in the plans...
    So @FreedomGundam , firstly, as far as I know the yellow colored bat top was not in any way ever planned as a limited edition. Now, I've heard two reasons given for why the yellow bat top was discontinued. The first is that it was deemed to be a poor (and it is) color match to other yellow colored Sanwa parts and they just binned it. The other reason I've heard is that there was found to be some toxic chemical in the process of making it that weren't used in the other colors and they couldn't do that color any other way and binned it. Either of these sound semi-plausible. The second perhaps a bit less so as while something like cadmium can be used for yellow (and red) pigments it's not the only way to get a yellow color AND if your goal is to not expose people making your stuff to toxic shit you're probably going to avoid cadmium from the jump. If I really had to guess I would say it's a little of column 'a' (poor match), a little from column 'b' (something wrong with the process) and a general lack of demand. I would also say that if you're looking for one of these 'Good luck'. They're really rare and, just for reference, the one I had and sold on the trading outlet went for, if memory serves me correctly, $40. You're probably going to have an easier time getting creative with a white bat top and some vinyl dye. 3D printing might also be something to look into.
    My Sale Thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/137405/wts-pelican-ps2-to-ps3-lots-of-controllers/p1
    @Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0
    Awesome, thanks for the background.
    I guess if it really didn't match the other Sanwa parts, it makes sense. Though I vaguely remember reading that none of the Sanwa or Seimitsu yellow ball-tops nor buttons really match each other perfectly either.

Found an old post from 7 1/2 years ago from @rtdzign saying that he couldn't vinyl dye a bat-top (here), so that option might be out the window. Maybe down the line, I might try my luck with fabric dye with a white bat-top, for the sake of experimentation.

I've already re-planned my projects to use standard available colors, so I guess that's that.

Looking for:
    @Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0
    Awesome, thanks for the background.
    I guess if it really didn't match the other Sanwa parts, it makes sense. Though I vaguely remember reading that none of the Sanwa or Seimitsu yellow ball-tops nor buttons really match each other perfectly either.

Found an old post from 7 1/2 years ago from @rtdzign saying that he couldn't vinyl dye a bat-top (here), so that option might be out the window. Maybe down the line, I might try my luck with fabric dye with a white bat-top, for the sake of experimentation.

I've already re-planned my projects to use standard available colors, so I guess that's that.
    I actually have pics of my attempt to vinyl dye a bat top (see below). At least I think I used vinyl dye. Might have been fabric dye (whichever it was is currently sitting on a shelf in my old roommates garage). Key point was to apply acrylic lacquer on top (this is why my bat top is super shiny). I did experience a little flaking but I attribute this more to the fact that my palms secrete Xenomorph level acid instead of sweat than there actually being an issue with either the dye or the lacquer. Your mileage may vary.
    353763a.jpg

Happy Birthday to @Markman