Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition Season V

Comments

• Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,279
    FreezerB wrote: »
    How dare you people have preferences and opinions.

This is the internet. Get that bullshit common sense out of here! There's no place for that on the internets!
    Good sir, thou shalt rescind thy comment or I shall be forced to insult thy mother. *removes glove and throws it to the ground*
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,382
    edited April 2014
    Darksakul wrote: »
    I feel that this is definitely more appropriate of a request here in TT than in the Trading Outlet.

Anyone have a set of leftover X360 Brawlstick buttons (the full set of 8, the Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/4xBlack), preferably in good shape and working, to unload for real cheap?

I'll be building some guest-sticks (ie, beater-sticks) sometime this spring/summer, and I'll need myself one more set of those...
    I might have something, let me double check my extra parts
    @FreedomGundam

I got you:

1 Red Sanwa
    1 Yellow Sanwa
    1 Green Sanwa
    2 Blue Sanwa
    2 Black Sanwa
    2 Dark Hai Sanwa
    3 White Sanwa
    1 Orange Sanwa
    1 Black Semitsu (screw In)
    3 Gray (Hori) (2 with Sw-68 switches)
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,514
    I feel that this is definitely more appropriate of a request here in TT than in the Trading Outlet.

Anyone have a set of leftover X360 Brawlstick buttons (the full set of 8, the Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/4xBlack), preferably in good shape and working, to unload for real cheap?

I'll be building some guest-sticks (ie, beater-sticks) sometime this spring/summer, and I'll need myself one more set of those...

I have some leftovers from my brawlstick collection:
    11 black
    6 yellow
    3 red
    2 blue
    1 black rim, blue plunger
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,500
    @Darksakul‌
    Surprisingly, I'm actually looking for the actual Brawlstick buttons, not Sanwas. :)
    The reason is that I already have 2 sets (so 2 reds, 2 yellows, 2 greens, 2 blues, and a bunch of blacks). Getting me 1 more set would get me 3 of each, so 12 buttons total, so two 6-buttons sticks with matching punches and kick colors.

@Gummo‌
    You almost have everything! That's an odd combination of leftovers. No extra green one? If you had, I'd definitely grab a set!
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,346
    I actually need 1 yellow Sanwa. Pwetty Pwease.
    no greens left. left overs from the keychains I made and sold.

• hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,645
    edited April 2014
    are brawlstick buttons secretly good subs for obsf's?

never owned a brawlstick in full haha
    no thehy are shitty
    I have no problems letting people use sticks with shitty buttons if they are just casual players. Kids, girls that don't gaf, etc. They work.
    are brawlstick buttons secretly good subs for obsf's?

never owned a brawlstick in full haha
    No, they're not great.
    They're pretty "crunchy", and the top surface of the plunger sits pretty tall. Plus, the "edge" of the plunger is very prominent, not rounded off like Sanwas or Seimitsus.
    Though I gotta say, they do form a nice dome-shape when pressed in.0

iNENDOi wrote: »
    I have no problems letting people use sticks with shitty buttons if they are just casual players. Kids, girls that don't gaf, etc. They work.
    That's pretty much what I need them for. :)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
  • Icy Black DeepIcy Black Deep Still training... Joined: Posts: 1,441
    Among a the things I received was a fountain pen. They're pretty cool. It's like the mechanical keyboard of writing instruments.

It's a TWSBI Diamond 580 with a medium nib. It's really fun to write with. If the ink matters, it has Iroshizuku Asa-Gao. Possibly the deepest blue I've ever seen from a pen.

I get the analogy, but a mechanical keyboard can take a lot of abuse and still work forever while fountain pens need some love. My fountain pens have kind of fallen into disuse because I don't write enough to want to keep up with the filling and cleaning. I have a Noodler Konrad that I'd like to play with more (because flexible nib!), but it has an adjustable feed that I think makes it more prone to leaking. So unless I start wearing shirts with a chest pocket so I can keep it upright I'm nervous about carrying it around.

The TWSBI looks solid. If you find that it puts down too much ink and soaks into cheap paper you might try a fine nib. But the ink is also a big plus of fountain pens--so much variety to choose from.
    New Jersey
    iNENDOi wrote: »

In fact, I prefer it that way. The last thing I want is someone that doesn't gaf treating my prized arcade sticks like they were a common 360 pad.
    crawfish season + gaming = get your hands off my sticks
  • MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,837
    Very nice. Convergence looking good there. How is the geometry during a cross hatch?
  • pzlatepzlate When's Breakers Joined: Posts: 928
    edited April 2014
    I got the geometry looking pretty good. The great thing about BVMs is you have full control of pretty much everything, there are like 18 convergence options.

I do have some convergence issues at the edge of the screen, so I need to figure out which option fixes the convergence for that area. I also really wish I had a Dreamcast so I can use the 240p test suite. I wonder if I can inject the Genesis version into a VC wad.
  • armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,826
    pzlate wrote: »
    BVMs are real. I'm amazed this thing survived being shipped from NY to CA. But the guy did a crazy job packing it. I now have a million packing peanuts, some styrofoam and two giant boxes to dispose of.
    IJwI7cC.jpg
    I love seeing scan lines on SRK, most of my monitors are wells and Nanao's with a few Sharp Image monitors, nothing as high end as a BVM.
    I get nothing for this plug but if anyone ever needs a CRT revived, chad at arcadecup.com does a great job

www.paradisearcadeshop.com Sanwa, Seimitsu and a ton of custom parts
    2015 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, OBS-MX buttons
    2014 Tech Talk Stick Mod of the Year, LVT3 TE2
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
    Injecting the 240p test suite Genesis rom into a Wii VC wad actually worked. Wonder why this wasn't on the XRGB wiki.
    Injecting the 240p test suite Genesis rom into a Wii VC wad actually worked. Wonder why this wasn't on the XRGB wiki.
    Some places frown on Roms, even the legal/homebrew roms.
  • DanAdamKOFDanAdamKOF Joined: Posts: 1,000
    edited April 2014
    BVMs are real. I'm amazed this thing survived being shipped from NY to CA. But the guy did a crazy job packing it. I now have a million packing peanuts, some styrofoam and two giant boxes to dispose of.
    IJwI7cC.jpg
    TURF MASTERS
    I got the geometry looking pretty good. The great thing about BVMs is you have full control of pretty much everything, there are like 18 convergence options.

I do have some convergence issues at the edge of the screen, so I need to figure out which option fixes the convergence for that area. I also really wish I had a Dreamcast so I can use the 240p test suite. I wonder if I can inject the Genesis version into a VC wad.
    I've used the Genesis 240p test suite over YPbPr on my Wii in RetroArch GX set to 640x224 (640 being exactly 2*320 pixels wide), worked OK. I think the Wii's YPbPr output is a little soft though, so perhaps your convergence couldn't be made 100% perfect with it, but damn close to it.
  • KyleKyle PS-14-Gangsta Joined: Posts: 4,735 mod
    That's really damn clever. Does it not work on the Wii emulators?

6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick
    i feel like the joystick scene is becoming like the crt scene.
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,870 mod
    edited April 2014
    Playing the latest Phoenix Wright game...
    IMG_20140420_054000.jpg

Huh... I didn't know it was THAT kinda game...
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,748 mod
    I don't like your new avatar @hibachifinal‌ since it breaks the illusion that you're a cute asian girl.
    d3v wrote: »
    I don't like your new avatar @hibachifinal‌ since it breaks the illusion that you're a cute asian girl.

LoLoLoL. It does?

how dare you call mizuhara kiko uncute. :v

how dare you call mizuhara kiko uncute. :v

Not my type. The frown does nothing for me either.
    @d3v‌
    You mean that WASN'T what hibachifinal‌ looked like in real life?!?!?

@hibachifinal‌
    Back on the topic, I agree with d3v.
    Mizuhara Kiko is actually pretty attractive, but you really gotta pick a more flattering picture of her. :D

Looking for:
    You mean that WASN'T what hibachifinal‌ looked like in real life?!?!?
    Maybe it's time to add a new category to the yearly Tech Talk awards - Trap of the Year.

This year's first nominee with be @hibachifinal‌
    i've never won any srk tt thing, so ill take what i can :v
    Back on the topic, I agree with d3v.
    Mizuhara Kiko is actually pretty attractive, but you really gotta pick a more flattering picture of her. :D

i like the frown, it's not the best mizuhara pic yeah, but i find it cute.

funny too, I've gotten two PM's so far asking who it was.

i debated on whether to use the frown or this
    but i went with the frown because that's generally the face I make when im on the internet.
    edited April 2014
    Kyle wrote: »
    That's really damn clever. Does it not work on the Wii emulators?

I didn't try, wasn't sure if those emulators output 240p like you could with VC.

Edit:

Ooh, I didn't know Retroarch was on Wii, might try that to see how 240p Game Boy games look.

Edit 2:

Oh bummer, looks like the aspect ratio doesn't change when using a progressive signal (at least for the GBA/GB cores). :(
    Post edited by pzlate on
    i've never won any srk tt thing, so ill take what i can :v
    New avatar means that you are no longer eligible.

No more trolling random guys on Google+ and getting them to join simply because they want to talk to the cute Asian girl.

• phaedrusphaedrus Joined: Posts: 818
    edited April 2014
    @DaRabidDuckie‌ Hey!! We are hiring!!! ;)

But you know this.

Also there are a number of decent low-income housing here.
    Post edited by d3v on
    7 button is trap.
    hibachifinal isn't a cute Asian girl?
    I quit stick modding.

Kidding, I seen how he looks like in real life due to hang Outs on Google+.

On other news, putting a Supergun together is easy, time consuming but easy.
    It is like wiring several sticks at the same time but with more crimping and soldering.

Striping and crimping wires for 14 and 12 gauge wire (on a el-chepo wire striper/crimper tool) leaves my hands sore.
  • ifbpwnstarifbpwnstar Lab Monster Joined: Posts: 1,215
    So I've brought this up in the past but have had no luck, I even tried it myself using Akishop's Adobe instructions. but wasn't able to get Windows 7-64bit to recognize my stick to begin coding it on 3 computers.

I'm looking for someone who can mod a ps360+'s programming for hitbox. Currently it's set to: Left + right = neutral and up + down = up. I want to program it to be: left + right = neutral and up + down = last input pressed (if simultaneous THEN up wins).

Down the line I want to create a toggle for 3 types of modes for various styles of games:
    • 2D standard
      L+R = neutral, U+D = last input
    • 2D charge character
      L+R = last input, U+D = last input
    • 3D
      L+R = neutral, U+D = neutral

Is there anyone who does this kind of work? I'm willing to pay, follow instructions to do it myself, etc... to do this. I've had a hard time getting info or responses from sources, so any help is appreciated.
    MvCi: Gamora/Marvel - Soul
    SF 5: Nash
    UMvC3: Cap (SS) | Vergil (RS) | Strider (vajra)

Finally pointed my domain to my new Wordpress site.

http://d3vlicious.com/

Still somewhat empty, I'll be reuploading some of the old stuff, as well as adding new stuff in the coming months.
  • mr.mortifiedmr.mortified A man behind a desk Joined: Posts: 3,044
    So did any of you guys catch the copypasta'd skullgirls indiegogo campaign scam?
    If not, its cached by google here
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:g9N_hs3a7okJ:https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ac-gamer+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
    follow me on twitter @mr_mortified
    I need dat twitter PSR
  • emphaticemphatic Joined: Posts: 478
    ifbpwnstar wrote: »
    So I've brought this up in the past but have had no luck, I even tried it myself using Akishop's Adobe instructions. but wasn't able to get Windows 7-64bit to recognize my stick to begin coding it on 3 computers.

You have to use a 32 bit system. I know, because I had the exact same problem.
    I love shmups and never play fighting games.
    Here's my Guwange stick: http://www.emphatic.se/?p=197
    edited April 2014
    Anyone here try Razer's new BlackWidow keyboards with their new Razer Green and Orange mechanical switches? How do these compare to Cherries?