Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition Season V

Comments

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,972 mod
  • MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,838
    Getting more proficient in CAD is nice.
    Disclaimer: I work for Paradise Arcade Shop. My posts are probably biased. Take that into consideration. Bye!
  • nscnsc Stay free, it's the way to be Joined: Posts: 1,795
    Duckie keeping it real!
    PSN: iamnsc ~ Steam: nsc
    Ontario, Canada
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,793
    @FreedomGundam‌
    Why aren't you posting it in the "Check out my Supergun!" thread then? :D
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8795246/#Comment_8795246

Done
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,523
    edited April 2014
    Kinda want to do a led mod for a ps4 stick where the buttons light up depending on which player number you are.

With the use of the kaimana it would be rather easy. Otherwise it will be a pain.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,523
    "Allows you to play from wherever you want."

I can just imagine lil billy thinking he can play while at school.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,870 mod
    d3v wrote: »
    This is why I don't mod at tournaments.

I only mod at tournaments now. More overhead, but I get more done. I'm WAAAAAAAAY too lazy/distracted at home.

The only exception I make is for local clients, and they come chill at my place while I work. I know I'm lazy and will absolutely get distracted by something else, so it's in their best interests that they're there. They don't even have to do anything; just having them there keeps me on task.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

• armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,826
    This sounds good to me!
    Gummo wrote: »
    Kinda want to do a led mod for a ps4 stick where the buttons light up depending on which player number you are.

With the use of the kaimana it would be rather easy. Otherwise it will be a pain.

@Darksakul‌ that's newer than 90% of the stuff at my place lol.

Sad night last night, I pulled my Namco 246 boxes out and not one of the 4 works :(
    www.paradisearcadeshop.com Sanwa, Seimitsu and a ton of custom parts
    2015 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, OBS-MX buttons
    2014 Tech Talk Stick Mod of the Year, LVT3 TE2
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1908672/candy/IMG_0410.JPG

a car backed up and ran over a TE.

it survived somehow. but its now like this.

The panel is as good as dead. What I want to know however is if the parts survived.
    Panel can be bent back into shape or at worst, a new one can be bought.
    Disclaimer: I work for Paradise Arcade Shop. My posts are probably biased. Take that into consideration. Bye!
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,521
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1908672/candy/IMG_0410.JPG

a car backed up and ran over a TE.

it survived somehow. but its now like this.

I just want to know in what kind of circumstances would an event like that actually arise.

Did the car simply not yield at the "Mad Catz crossing" sign?
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,647

The panel is as good as dead. What I want to know however is if the parts survived.

it still works, everything, just the joystick mount and metal panel was severely bent. surprisingly the plastic shell only had minor structural cracks too., the cable door got cracked though.
    I just want to know in what kind of circumstances would an event like that actually arise.

Did the car simply not yield at the "Mad Catz crossing" sign?

sure why but he left his backpack (with the stick inside) behind a car... then they all got in decided to go somewhere, backed the car, stick ruined. it's just one of those moments i guess.
    I'll chalk that up to PEBKAC or in this case PEBTE (the ears) since there's no keyboard and chair involved.
    Ontario, Canada
    Moonchilde wrote: »
    Panel can be bent back into shape or at worst, a new one can be bought.
    Bending it back can likely make it worse. Replacing it is the way to go.

it still works, everything, just the joystick mount and metal panel was severely bent. surprisingly the plastic shell only had minor structural cracks too., the cable door got cracked though.
    So does this mean that we can rightfully claim that a JLF can survive being run over by a car?

For science!
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,387
    I'm finally in the second "grinding" half of Bravely Default. This game is really good and the plot is very well developed, but whoever came up with this idea of a grind is just plain sadistic.

If my Borderlands 2 character has anything to say about me though, is that no matter how much I complain about grinding jobs, levels, and skills, I will do it without fail.

I would like someone to run over a Seimitsu with a car now, for science.
    And after that we can send one of every model of joystick to the 'Will it blend?' guys (I suspect the answer would be 'Yes' across the board).
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • ExtremeYoshiFanExtremeYoshiFan Joined: Posts: 1,179
    sometimes you can make cool looking joysticks with acrylic. sometimes i think i need help

BmIAoW7CYAEoYnU.jpg

And sometimes, I think I need help... because I want one of those too.
    mort always makes stuff i want (to build as well)
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,843
    @Gummo, using vinegar also works wonders for keeping animals away from stuff you dont want them around.

Might also work with annoying people you don't want near your stuff, but I don't know if that's applicable in your scenario.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    Nice thing about vinegar is that we lose track of it but they can still smell it with their superior senses of smell.

On to other news, just got 2 new sticks in today. Time to take some motherfuckers apart :)
    I just picked up some ratcheting crimpers
    WHY I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THESE BEFORE!!

They are great, what also awesome is that can later change the crimp die so I can between insulated and non-insulated terminals
    I have some. I'm not sure if I can use non-insulated crimping though, I haven't explored that option yet. I need to find where I can get non-insulated QD's because I really don't like insulated ones. I prefer sleeves.
  • Icy Black DeepIcy Black Deep Still training... Joined: Posts: 1,447
    Darksakul wrote: »
    I just picked up some ratcheting crimpers
    WHY I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THESE BEFORE!!

They are great, what also awesome is that can later change the crimp die so I can between insulated and non-insulated terminals
    Darksakul wrote: »
    PheNOM07 wrote: »
    Which crimper do you recommend for non-insulated quick disconnects?
    Really it depends on your budget, there are $10 combination stripers and crimpers at the auto part store and there $80 professional ratcheting crimpers that the pros use
    New Jersey
  • armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,826
    edited April 2014
    You need to jump on a Dakine Box when we sell on Ebay, we usually pack it full of stuff we tested and didn't put in the store for one reason or another, last one had a bunch of large buttons :) We usually sell 1 or 2 a year. Not a money making thing, the last one sold for $20 I think with 16 shipping and had products well over 300 if you price in other stores. It basically our way of reducing clutter we aren't going to use.
    so a friend of mine came by with another friend who works in a recycling depot
    someone dumped a bunch of china quality 50mm circle buttons

BmQU9U-CIAIF-Hu.jpg

so what do you do?
    make a bootleg pop'n controller with a spare PCB and scrap wood

BmRWCS9CMAA9UuN.jpg

www.paradisearcadeshop.com Sanwa, Seimitsu and a ton of custom parts
    2015 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, OBS-MX buttons
    2014 Tech Talk Stick Mod of the Year, LVT3 TE2
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
    anyone ever worked with formica for building cases/cabs? is that even a good idea?
  • mr.mortifiedmr.mortified A man behind a desk Joined: Posts: 3,044
    armi0024 wrote: »
    You need to jump on a Dakine Box when we sell on Ebay, we usually pack it full of stuff we tested and didn't put in the store for one reason or another, last one had a bunch of large buttons :) We usually sell 1 or 2 a year. Not a money making thing, the last one sold for $20 I think with 16 shipping and had products well over 300 if you price in other stores. It basically our way of reducing clutter we aren't going to use.

i'll be on the lookout for em then!
    follow me on twitter @mr_mortified
    I need dat twitter PSR
    armi0024 wrote: »
    You need to jump on a Dakine Box when we sell on Ebay

I call dibs on the next box
    Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2014
    Dremling though the outer case of a (previously removed) Happ Power Supply is a quick way to go though cut wheels.
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,870 mod
    They actually make a reinforced cutting wheel for those kinds of occasions. It's very helpful and saves time spent replacing wheels.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC