Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition Season V

Comments

• BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,560
    edited July 18
    I believe there's a part in the TO Rules thread that says to not spam to get to 50 posts.

The 6 months part can't be helped. If you're impatient use ebay or craigslist.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,471
    First, To use the trading outlet (sell or trade) you have to be with the site for at least 6 months, and have 50 posts. Failure to meet the requirement will result in a infraction or ban. Buyers may be new users but they are required to send payment FIRST.
    6 months isn't very long but some people are probably just joining the forums for the specific purpose of using the trading outlet and don't have the patience to wait that long. Technically 50 posts could be 1 character long posts 50 times.

That 50 Post count needs to be quality posts and no SPAM.

Making 50 post with a single character would probability bring a mod or admin's attention
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • LittleJimmy1983LittleJimmy1983 Darksakul for mod 2018 Joined: Posts: 923
    [/quote]That 50 Post count needs to be quality posts and no SPAM. [/quote]

Not to start an argument but what constitutes a quality post? That's a very subjective thing.
    End of one nightmare, prelude to the another.
  • Raij1nRaij1n Joined: Posts: 1,185
    edited July 18
    Darksakul wrote: »
    First, To use the trading outlet (sell or trade) you have to be with the site for at least 6 months, and have 50 posts. Failure to meet the requirement will result in a infraction or ban. Buyers may be new users but they are required to send payment FIRST.
    6 months isn't very long but some people are probably just joining the forums for the specific purpose of using the trading outlet and don't have the patience to wait that long. Technically 50 posts could be 1 character long posts 50 times.

Making 50 post with a single character would probability bring a mod or admin's attention

Quality posting is subjective...

Got my first raspberry pi in today. Can't wait to play around with it. Will likely be asking questions in the thread in was reading through earlier.

Looks swanky.
    Raij1n wrote: »
    Darksakul wrote: »

Quality posting is subjective...

Got my first raspberry pi in today. Can't wait to play around with it. Will likely be asking questions in the thread in was reading through earlier.

Looks swanky.

What I mean by Quality is not on the good end but the bad. Those post were there no question that there is no quality what so ever.
    A SPAM post would be very obvious, I also like to factor troll posts as well.

• anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 966
    I didn't bother watching any evo this year, nothing appealed

Was there any st tournament? And any footage?
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 147
    Batch of 50 of my brook-madcatz adapter rev2 ordered. With a suprise. Going to sell them here, I don't think I'm going to create a store.
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,865

Taking a while for them to come out with a new Fighting Edge, seems they keep showing the same one with a few more or less buttons each year. No touch panel or even touch pad on this prototype. Brushed steel is nice but I would probably prefer a plexi cover(Though someone will make them anyways) Really wish Hori fixed their shoddy doors too
    That extra door is kinda pointless. Might as well put a touchpad there imo
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,422
    edited July 21
    Screw the touchpad, that made modding a nuisance.

Edit- talking about the touch features on the old FE, not the ps4 touchpad.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,865
    I'm lazy with soldering probably which is why my most used sticks are VLX with the Jasen Custom 19mm button plate and Hrap1/2/3 with extra 24mm holes drilled in the back of it.
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,506
    I rather deal with getting the start/select on the touch panel working than dual modding ps4 pcbs that are common ground but hold the signals low when the pcb doesn't recognize the system.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,422
    Those touch panels are also annoying when installing brook products- you can't hold start or select while plugging them in to update firmware, have to manually jump them on the board.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 472
    Anyone familar with this qanba stick?
    https://2dehands.be/computer-game-consoles/computer-onderdelen/joysticks/qanba-q2-arcade-stick-359228212.html
    Its advertised as a q2 but its not. Its called "real arcade fighting pro joystick" and appears to be made out of wood. Not the q3 though. Im considering bidding if its really rare.
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,506
    Those touch panels are also annoying when installing brook products- you can't hold start or select while plugging them in to update firmware, have to manually jump them on the board.

Interesting point. Id like to say I've installed at least one ufb unto a FE, but I can't really recall modding to many FE lately.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,642
    i talked a bit to one of the hori reps (kaz) he said the second door on the FE will be replaced with the ps4 touchpad.

buttons are also not final so that silver rim color might not be it lol
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,453
    I'm very curious about those tablet-style portable 19" screens that Hori's prototyping that @jonyfraze posted on Instagram.
    Anyone have any more info on those?
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,013
    I'm very curious about those tablet-style portable 19" screens that Hori's prototyping that @jonyfraze posted on Instagram.
    Anyone have any more info on those?

That makes two of us. I was on the search to get a portable display for my Raspberry Pi and it came to a screeching halt when I saw his photos. Hopefully we will hear (a lot) more soon.
    all they said about those is they are aiming at around $200 msrp.
    edited July 27
    around $200 msrp.

Boner [tentatively] gone...
    Damn. $200USD = about $250-260CDN before taxes = about $300CDN after taxes.
    Not sure I'm willing to drop 3 (Canadian) bills on a portable screen that I'm not expecting to use 100% of the time.
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    Damn. $200USD = about $250-260CDN before taxes = about $300CDN after taxes.
    Not sure I'm willing to drop 3 (Canadian) bills on a portable screen that I'm not expecting to use 100% of the time.

Glad our dollar is climbing ever so slightly at least
    portable monitors are pretty pricey though if you look around, the decent IPS 1080p ones from gechic are roughly $350...
    edited July 27
    True, but those GeChics also are also powered off of 5V USB connections. I could rock a Nintendo switch battery pack and power everything, anywhere (which is my ultimate goal for my Switch and my RPi). You'll need a house, car (or generator) to power Hori's panel (12v). I get that it would be accompanied mostly by other consoles (which also have high power requirements), but portability is questionable then. Is it truly necessary to lug around something a bit less bulky than a RL2460, that's priced in the same ballpark (and sucks similar amounts of electricity from the grid)?

Definitely not a dealbreaker at the price point, but that panel Hori chooses better truly be "low lag."
    i can see the benefit of a monitor you can put in the same backpack as your stick AND ps4.
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 147
    edited July 28
    First time for me to build somethling like that in wood. It's frustrating and entertaining at the same time.

RV5VpkLl.jpg
    k1zq7Gkl.jpg
    i can see the benefit of a monitor you can put in the same backpack as your stick AND ps4.
    Better be a big backpack :wink:
    edited July 28
    If you're feelin' rich...have at it!
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,100 mod
    That seems to be way to much for a VLX DIA, even if it's unopened.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • RiderkickerRiderkicker Joined: Posts: 145
    While GoGo.Zippy works on the Hori Fighting Stick V3 Standard, I decided to search for the wiring of this stick, specifically the front panel. Here is PCB JP2:

r1MbGvx.jpg

My question is if I were to use another PCB and would like to continuing using the Toggle Switch for the joystick and how would I wire it with another PCB? Where does VDD go?
    edited July 29
    While GoGo.Zippy works on the Hori Fighting Stick V3 Standard, I decided to search for the wiring of this stick, specifically the front panel. Here is PCB JP2:

http://i.imgur.com/r1MbGvx.jpg

My question is if I were to use another PCB and would like to continuing using the Toggle Switch for the joystick and how would I wire it with another PCB? Where does VDD go?

VDD is just another word for your power in most cases +5 volts.

Anyone besides me think that Darksakul should get some sort of lifetime achievement award from SRK for passing Mr. Wizard on the post count records? Or at least a dedicated thread acknowledging his existence as the living embodiment of the SRK forums? 22,000 and change posts in 7 years. That's a lot of time spent on the forums.

I still think that he should be given some sort of semi-mod status so that he can whip some of these newcomers into shape.

Looking for:
    I still think that he should be given some sort of semi-mod status so that he can whip some of these newcomers into shape.

65135803.jpg
    edited August 1
    Here's something intresting.
    "universal programable controller" kickstarter campaign.
    https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/01/all-controller-canada/

Pricing might make it competitive with UFB for a pad hack.
    Wired version is 65cad. Unfortunately it wont be tournament legal since it looks to have some macro function.
    I recall this being posted somewhere else on this forum before.
    I didn't read anything on that page, but unless they plan to have Brook-tier support and continue working with it post-release to get around firmware updates (no way in hell this is licensed), there's no way it'll compete with Brook stuff.
    Yeah.
    2 things that I wondered after reading that page, and the Kickstarter:
    - How are they going to handle ongoing support for consoles, due to security chips and stuff?
    - Wireless AND macro-enabled? Bleh.

Looking for:
    Yeah, they would be better off not including macro. I would like there to be some competition though. Guess this wont be it.
    On that topic.

Why do controller and joystick manufacturers include things like turbo and macros on their peripherals? Do people actually use this features?
    From my perspective:
    - dedicated gamers who would actually spend the money to buy these specialized accessories (sticks, controllers) would never use things like turbo/macros;
    - casual gamers, who I think would be the target demographic to use these functions, are not as likely to spend the dough on the fancy 3rd-party controllers when the stock console controller is just fine;
    - therefore, the actual consumers who use these functions are ignorant casual gamers with too much money?

Alternatively, do the manufacturers just include these features so that they can say that their controller has more functions than the competition?

Looking for:
    edited August 1
    Anyone besides me think that Darksakul should get some sort of lifetime achievement award from SRK for passing Mr. Wizard on the post count records? Or at least a dedicated thread acknowledging his existence as the living embodiment of the SRK forums? 22,000 and change posts in 7 years. That's a lot of time spent on the forums.
    No.

I think there mods that would rebel should that ever happen.
    Dubon wrote: »
    Here's something intresting.
    "universal programable controller" kickstarter campaign.
    https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/01/all-controller-canada/

Pricing might make it competitive with UFB for a pad hack.
    Wired version is 65cad. Unfortunately it wont be tournament legal since it looks to have some macro function.

I thinking it going to fail
    The You Tube star they have on board is the kind of guy who sells out easily and has no idea what good game hardware is.
    I think engineers, like programers often do things just because they are possible and fairly easy to implement, and have no clue about their target demographic.
    Dubon wrote: »
    I think engineers, like programers often do things just because they are possible and fairly easy to implement, and have no clue about their target demographic.

Looking at it now they are 50% funded.

Problem is I don't see who their target audience is and I don't see any unbiased reviews.
    There is Rerez, but I don't consider him Unbiased as he is on their team.

• LittleJimmy1983LittleJimmy1983 Darksakul for mod 2018 Joined: Posts: 923
    Darksakul the demi-mod?
    End of one nightmare, prelude to the another.
    Darksakul the demi-mod?

*Runs away*
    laptop shopping is gonna be the end of me.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,100 mod

No. Lukas has gotten into some questionable arguments and has acted like a dick sometimes as well.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    d3v wrote: »
    No. Lukas has gotten into some questionable arguments and has acted like a dick sometimes as well.
    I was trying to say that without airing all my past discrepancies.

Also I always have been a dick. :grin: