Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition Season V

1693694695696697699»

Comments

• bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 761
    My sick new modding project starts soon...

s-l1600.jpg

Wonder if I should keep the rubber dome buttons...they're probably not bad, right?
    Check out my work!

MY WIP FIGHTING GAME

TUMBLR | hk-5.net
    YOUTUBE | youtube.com/user/bchan009
    TWITTER | twitter.com/bchan009

• jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 988
    I lusted after that thing as a kid. I remember fogging up the display glass at toys r us and got the "you already have two controllers, why the heck do you need a third?!" lecture. Ah...memories.
  • bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 761
    jopamo wrote: »
    I lusted after that thing as a kid. I remember fogging up the display glass at toys r us and got the "you already have two controllers, why the heck do you need a third?!" lecture. Ah...memories.

I bought two versions, the rare and expensive JP version, and the much more reasonably priced US version.

JP version has a real microswitch joystick, while the US has a 'fake joystick' which is basically a d-pad with a stick on top of it. Both use rubber contact buttons.

I'll try modding the US one first... <3
    Check out my work!

MY WIP FIGHTING GAME

TUMBLR | hk-5.net
    YOUTUBE | youtube.com/user/bchan009
    TWITTER | twitter.com/bchan009

• anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 959
    does anyone have the 8bitdo bluetooth reciever for the NES Classic? if so, have you tried plugging it in to a wii console to see if you can use ps3 controllers on the wii??
    Another VLX DIA on deck (and for sale in my neck of the woods). This one is [currently] more reasonably priced [for now]. Have at it!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/HORI-Real-Arcade-Pro-3-Premium-VLX-DIA-Playstation-3-Fight-Stick-/232435956068?
  • LLeg3ndLLeg3nd Always Eating Joined: Posts: 252
    ed1371 wrote: »
    so my son turned 20 last week and he wanted to build a gaming rig with me as his present.

got him a Ryzen build, CPU and MB... lol he is more concerned about the freaking case....kids these days!

Gaming cases with a see-through panel is hot shit these days with the kids. I honestly don't know who they are going to show it off too aside from a few friends haha.
    twitch.tv/lleg3nd
    lol he is more concerned about the freaking case....kids these days!

Don't forget the RGBz!!
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,548
    Preppy wrote: »
    OK: I've updated user roles and ranks such that you should now be unable to post in the Trading Outlet unless you have been a member for six months. Please PM me or @ me if there are problems.

tenor.gif
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,451
    When I built my current PC back in 2011, I thought it'd be fun to have all the air intake fans have blue LEDs (cool air going in), and all the air exhaust fans have red LEDs (hot air going out).
    It's been 6 years, and the LEDs have long started to get on my nerves. lol
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • ed1371ed1371 Yogahh Joined: Posts: 1,522
    deadxobbit wrote: »
    Well, it's been proved multiple times already that RGB LEDs give you more FPS and more stable overclocking.

And don't forget the tempered glass - another performance booster.

I aint gonna lie.. a tempered glass case is so much nicer than my case with plexi...

my current case was a one off.. and paid wayyyy too much for it.
    why crimp when you can solder??

PSN: Nippage
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,099
    jopamo wrote: »
    I've always found LEDs distracting. I've seen some setups and question how people can focus on anything on-screen--with all the blinking and color-phasing going on around them.
    My first case had a built in fan with LEDs on it. That lasted ~1 week before I popped the case open and cut the wires that powered the LEDs. One of my bigger concerns for whenever I need to rebuild my PC is that my preferred case fans have been discontinued...which I totally understand. If I were a company I probably wouldn't try to make money off of a product that, if I remember correctly, has a MTBF of ~15 years.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • deadxobbitdeadxobbit Joined: Posts: 50
    deadxobbit wrote: »
    Well, it's been proved multiple times already that RGB LEDs give you more FPS and more stable overclocking.

And don't forget the tempered glass - another performance booster.

I aint gonna lie.. a tempered glass case is so much nicer than my case with plexi...

my current case was a one off.. and paid wayyyy too much for it.

I have nothing against tempered glass side panels, nothing beats them in terms of looks. It's just that when it's coming to the cases, I'd choose better airflow and internal layout over the fancy bells and whistles anytime. I also prefer having my PC sitting on left half of the desk, which renders the PC's innards or any possible LED action impossible to see.
    edited August 12
    My PC sits in a closed-front home theater cabinet. When I've showed my setup to people who came over I'd say about a quarter of them asked about a clear window and LEDs.
    In an enclosed non-visible space? Why?!

These are the same people though who ask why I put my arcade sticks out on display...so that should speak volumes.
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,641
    mousepads with rgb is one of the dumbest things for sure.
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 142
    edited August 14
    1rst pass of coating on my "retro station".
    k02mFFdl.jpg0DMCGGjl.jpgmkPLS5Sl.jpg

First and last time I'm painting something like that. Woodfiller was already a real pain and I hope the 2nd pass will get rid of the tone differences.
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 142
    2nd pass of primer (and not coating):
    O5ySpG4l.jpgJtHUQUel.jpgM5T5qjul.jpg
    A bit better. Next step: sanding (again) and painting!