Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition Season V

Comments

• Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,199
    jopamo wrote: »
    Smashbro29 wrote: »
    I think this of every console manufacturer except Nintendo, at least the Switch is also a portable.
    I'd give you Sega on that logic, but that's [obviously] a foregone conclusion.
    I'm sorry, but If you can't admit that Nintendo has been (at least in the last decade) a special type of retarded with their hardware production and global supply management, then you're either delusional... or a Nintendo apologist.

The Switch is awesome. It's arguably my favorite console. However, I had to scour stock websites for weeks... to wake up and get to a store before dawn... to stare at a locked door as ambivalent Target employees smirked at me... to then sprint to a games counter before Joe Schmoes (and their mommies/nanas) could pick one of the 5 units that arrived to the store that week.
    FIVE MONTHS AFTER RELEASE.

Horseshit... that's the only word for it.

Oh they suck at keeping stuff in stock for sure but at least their product is something I can justify existing.
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,528
    I have such a love-hate relationship with Nintendo.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,224
    Working on rewiring a old pair of Sony DR-S7 headphones. Debating on replacing the drivers.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,869
    Nintendo is NOT retarded in their production. They saw how the Wii became the hype machine and sold like hotcakes based on shortages. This was with a dearth of quality third party software.

Since then, they have replicated that on every launch they've ever done. Why? Because it makes it more coveted, and it sells that way. Which is bullshit, but it's what's happening.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,295
    edited September 4
    I know this already, which makes it that much more infuriating.

Bottom line: From the perspective of the consumer, they're still retarded. I could honestly give two shits less how Nintendo views themselves (or internally justifies their shady business practices).
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Working on rewiring a old pair of Sony DR-S7 headphones. Debating on replacing the drivers.

Keep the stock drivers, replacing the writing with thicker gauge wire reduce allot of the cross talk.
    edited September 6
    Derp Edit: [wrong thread]
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 202
    edited September 10
    Finishing the video about my audio board for Madcatz stick and Brook PS4+.
    I'm going to sell kits here as long as the rev 2 of the front panel board:

cuDS2Lul.jpg
    2C2lHwal.jpg

I was thinking about 5$ USD for the audio board and 10$ USD for the front panel, 13$ when ordered together (plus shipping of course).
    Only running 50 front panels and 60 audio for now.

What you guys think of it?
    What you guys think of it?
    V63sgnL.gif
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,487
    I recently got the urge to replay Final Fantasy VII. One option is to deal with an AVI to HDMI adapter so that my PS2 (which as far as I know still works) can, in theory, work on my monitor. Another option is to buy the game on Steam and deal with, according to numerous reviews, Square Enixs BS login/authentication system to play a 20 year old game. Currently seeing how far the first option gets me. -_-
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
    edited September 11
    Nobus3r1 wrote: »
    I recently got the urge to replay Final Fantasy VII. One option is to deal with an AVI to HDMI adapter so that my PS2 (which as far as I know still works) can, in theory, work on my monitor. Another option is to buy the game on Steam and deal with, according to numerous reviews, Square Enixs BS login/authentication system to play a 20 year old game. Currently seeing how far the first option gets me. -_-

Cheap solution for PS1 are those SCART to HDMI converter. You don't need tight timming so lag shouldnt' be an issue.
    Or PS1 emulatior on PC/raspberry pi
    Post edited by The_Real_Phoenix on
    Are those the only platforms that you have?
    Otherwise, would the PS1 Classics on a PSP/Vita/PS3 be a viable option for you?
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:

Cheap solution for PS1 are those SCART to HDMI converter. You don't need tight timming so lag shouldnt' be an issue.
    Or PS1 emulatior on PC/raspberry pi
    This is what I went with: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EHL1JXE/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    The reviews seemed to be split between "I know what I'm doing and this device works as advertised" and "I am pants on head retarded and/or have unreasonable expectations and this device is literally Hitler"...also known as the standard Amazon.com review split. -_-
    Are those the only platforms that you have?
    Otherwise, would the PS1 Classics on a PSP/Vita/PS3 be a viable option for you?
    Not the only platforms I have though my PS3 isn't currently hooked up to anything. Of late though I've been trying to split is 'fighting games -> console' and '!fighting games -> PC'. Also, in this case I may end up wishing to play more than just FFVII in which case if I can get my PS2 working on my monitor it will end up costing less than re-buying the games I wish to play (Dark Cloud 2 = $14.99; Final Fantasy VII (PS4) = $15.99 or (PS3) = $9.99; Final Fantasy IX = $9.99; Chrono Cross = $9.99).
    House of Bane
    AVI to HDMI converter seems to work pretty flawlessly...back to FFVII... =)
    House of Bane
    That's just bonkers. The true test is to see if it'll actually sell at that price.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,869
    WTF is that on kijiji?
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,609
    edited September 14
    WTF is that on kijiji?

Yep, Kijiji.

A TE2+ with Kaimana, UFB, OBSCs and Hoku ball top. Pretty sure even with inflated value of the TE2+ and assuming it uses an EZ mod and LVT3, $1000 is still asking for too much.
    BolSadguy wrote: »
    WTF is that on kijiji?

Yep, Kijiji.

A TE2+ with Kaimana, UFB, OBSCs and Hoku ball top. Pretty sure even with inflated value of the TE2+ and assuming it uses an EZ mod and LVT3, $1000 is still asking for too much.

I wouldn't pay that much for a TE2+ with a Kaimana, UFB, OBSC, a Magenta, custom artwork, shaft, and dust cover, with gold infused into the sides and bezel.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,103 mod
    SMH at selling a stick for $1000 and not having the decency to make it not dick. I mean, for that price, I'd at least expect 6 buttons.
    d3v wrote: »
    SMH at selling a stick for $1000 and not having the decency to make it not dick. I mean, for that price, I'd at least expect 6 buttons.

Praise the lawd
    So I'm going to be in California at the beginning of October (5th to 11th) mostly in and around the San Francisco area, for a wedding happening that Saturday around Sacramento.
    Any cool events (gaming or not) happening around that period?

Looking for:
    edited September 16

I Preordered two SF30 Pros. Dec. 10th can't come soon enough..

Annnnnnd they are not available on Amazon.ca. I hope this is temporary.

Annnnnnd they are not available on Amazon.ca. I hope this is temporary.
    Well that's annoying.
    Keep us posted if you end up seeing them listed on .ca; I'd be up for the SFC-themed one.

Looking for:
    edited September 16
    LLeg3nd wrote: »
    That's just bonkers. The true test is to see if it'll actually sell at that price.

LOL The seller dropped the price to $900 and listed it as URGENT.
    Also...why the heck is this thing marked "WANTED:" when he's the one selling it?...
    1YdNtd4l.jpg
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,609
    LLeg3nd wrote: »

LOL The seller dropped the price to $900 and listed it as URGENT.
    Also...why the heck is this thing marked "WANTED:" when he's the one selling it?...
    1YdNtd4l.jpg

People peddle their shit in the wanted section when they're desperate and or stupid
  • anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 1,020
    what do you guys settle for when you sell on your non wanted sticks??

personally i aim for recouping all my money to 30% loss

ive been told by several people that i should settle for up to 50% less than what i paid, but id rather keep than do that beause most of my stuff is in top condition
    anzhar wrote: »

ive been told by several people that i should settle for up to 50% less than what i paid, but id rather keep than do that beause most of my stuff is in top condition
    I think that most of the sticks/cases that I've sold here have ranged from ~40% loss to slight profit.
    Sticks I've sold on the trading outlet:
    • Saulabi 4K (for powerful game...if you feel like investing another ~$60 in parts -_-)
    • PS2 Sega Virtua Stick
    • Saulabi SPS-3000
    • Hori Namco x2
    • PS2 MAS Stick
    • HRAP1
    • PS3 Madcatz TE
    • Hitbox
    • Qanba Q4RAF
    • MAS Case
    • Panzer Korean Edition

This doesn't even count the numerous other controllers (~14) that have found their way to the SRK trading outlet.
    Conclusion: I've probably gone through too many sticks. -_-
    House of Bane
  • sasquachsasquach Joined: Posts: 371
    xrDbUlzX.png
    Decided to poke a little fun in testing other switches for OBS-MX and see what works/feels nice, only have 5 of these on hand tho atm... But they're Kailh Box Pale Blues, hoping these'd work nicely since these are my new favorite mechanical keyboard switches. Also those SFC30 Pros looks kinda tempting @jopamo...
    "I'm just nice" -Harry Potter

I think that most of the sticks/cases that I've sold here have ranged from ~40% loss to slight profit.
    • Saulabi 4K (for powerful game...if you feel like investing another ~$60 in parts -_-)
    • PS2 Sega Virtua Stick
    • Saulabi SPS-3000
    • Hori Namco x2
    • PS2 MAS Stick
    • HRAP1
    • PS3 Madcatz TE
    • Hitbox
    • Qanba Q4RAF
    • MAS Case
    • Panzer Korean Edition

This doesn't even count the numerous other controllers (~14) that have found their way to the SRK trading outlet.

Yeah I sold sticks at a lost, it depends on how much work I think they might need.
    I sold a Plastic and metal body stick missing a PCB for $60 before, I knew it needed work it passed into my hands and I had no desire to work on it. And With what my buyer wanted it was better that I let them do the work to customize it their way. I included Sanwa buttons just to get rid of them, and I know they were going to replace the buttons anyways.

And I have given away a perfectly few sticks to friends before as well.

• PS2 Sega Virtua Stick
    • Saulabi SPS-3000
    • Hori Namco x2
    • PS2 MAS Stick
    • HRAP1
    • PS3 Madcatz TE
    • Hitbox
    • Qanba Q4RAF
    • MAS Case
    • Panzer Korean Edition

Yeah I sold sticks at a lost, it depends on how much work I think they might need.
    I sold a Plastic and metal body stick missing a PCB for $60 before, I knew it needed work it passed into my hands and I had no desire to work on it. And With what my buyer wanted it was better that I let them do the work to customize it their way. I included Sanwa buttons just to get rid of them, and I know they were going to replace the buttons anyways.

I've done other game related stuff with local sales (converters and a few controllers). I've never had enough sticks lying around or been so starved for space that I started giving stuff away. I have definitely tried to point the people I play with to updates and/or upgrades parts-wise that I think would be helpful. I'm also very glad in my local sales that I've never gotten any variation of "How much is __________ for me?" which I've gotten more than a few times here. -_-
    House of Bane

• PS2 Sega Virtua Stick
    • Saulabi SPS-3000
    • Hori Namco x2
    • PS2 MAS Stick
    • HRAP1
    • PS3 Madcatz TE
    • Hitbox
    • Qanba Q4RAF
    • MAS Case
    • Panzer Korean Edition

I've done other game related stuff with local sales (converters and a few controllers). I've never had enough sticks lying around or been so starved for space that I started giving stuff away. I have definitely tried to point the people I play with to updates and/or upgrades parts-wise that I think would be helpful. I'm also very glad in my local sales that I've never gotten any variation of "How much is __________ for me?" which I've gotten more than a few times here. -_-

I gave away sticks as gifts rather than to get rid of them.
    Nice. I've got an identical looking 12V (but momentary) button going into my Picade soon. Is that one 16mm?
    I am not sure but I want to say it a 22mm.