Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition Season V

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,683
    So Enjoy Tech Talk while it lasts

I am hoping this is wrong

http://shoryuken.com/2018/01/08/srk-forums-to-close-at-the-end-of-january-2018/
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 225
    @Jamin3131 Ho ok. Yes the agreement was accepted. Now I'm waiting for other people doing their job. :/

@FreedomGundam I have to move away from the island since it's too pricey to buy. House is in Laval, very next to the Cartier subway station.
  • LLeg3ndLLeg3nd Always Eating Joined: Posts: 288
    Darksakul wrote: »

It was fun being semi-informative / being sarcastic here. Hopefully tech talk can start somewhere else if possible. Long Live the BUTTHOLE!
    twitch.tv/relevantjohn

Ho wow.

@LLeg3nd Only 1 month? Isn't a bit short to find an other place? How about the knowledge still here?
  • RufusRufus An unexpected database error has occurred. Joined: Posts: 1,971
    edited January 8

I think it's been coming for a while. I do wonder where the BUTTHOLE will go next.

Hitboxes http://www.pedantic.org/~nate/HDR/
    "You don't know what you're talking about as much as I do." -- Unknown
  • TortaTorta A piece of Cake Joined: Posts: 750
    I just heard that SRK Forums are closing.

i've met (not IRL) a lot of people here, so i wanted to give a quick shoutout to everyone who has helped me here.

Thank you everyone.. i hope tech talk still lives somewhere else.. (Discord maybe?)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart
    VAMOS
    MCCthulhu >> all

KOFXIII: Ash/King/Vice
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,683
    BolSadguy wrote: »
    It's been real guys; I had a fun 4 years on this board. I did start using it less and less though because I got tired of all the redundant 16'er and 17'er threads.

I owe everything I know about stick modding to this board, so thanks to the gurus and all the people who contributed information and tutorials. If it wasn't for all that good content I probably would have missed out on a fun hobby.

If a TT discord ever gets set up, hope someone will send me a PM before the forums close!

tumblr_mogg7tZxXF1ss4xywo1_400.gif

Anyone wants a Discord link, PM me.
  • DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 508
    Damn, is there anyway to backup the tt section? The amount of info on here is enourmous is enormous and it would be a tragedy if it all went lost at the end of the month.
    Dubon wrote: »
    Damn, is there anyway to backup the tt section? The amount of info on here is enourmous is enormous and it would be a tragedy if it all went lost at the end of the month.

People are looking into it
  • Finest_KOFinest_KO Joined: Posts: 180
    Damn, this news. I share a lot of sentiment with some other posters here. This forum walked me through my first few builds, but also gave me the tools to get creative when I felt the need. Thanks tech talk, you are all glorious SOB's.
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,579
    I know I tend to save useful schematics locally on my hard drive, and I’ve drawn up my share of n00b-friendly circuit diagrams for basic things; wherever Tech Talk ends up, I’ll make sure to keep and post those things again.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,370
    edited January 9
    well shit...this is crummy news indeed. I hope this treasure trove of information sticks around in some publicly accessible format!

I just registered domain jopamods.com and will be starting to develop my own blog, chronicling my projects and mods. I was hoping to share this here once I got everything up and running next month...
    I guess I now just hope to be able to link the URL to a signature on a profile...somewhere in the future...
    Post edited by jopamo on
  • pzlatepzlate When's Breakers Joined: Posts: 929
    made my own copy of RTD's MCC pinouts but I hope someone is archiving. I can see why they're doing it, they never really finished the transition to the new forums and there are a bunch of broken links in older threads. But man what a bummer.
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,530
    @The_Real_Phoenix that's great work on the madcatz qd board. I always liked that thing and glad they kept reusing it in all their models.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
    I have to move away from the island since it's too pricey to buy. House is in Laval, very next to the Cartier subway station.
    @The_Real_Phoenix
    Yeah, tell me about it. Stupid island.
    I've somehow managed to stay on the island after 2 moves. Was almost going to move off the island on my last move... but no. :P
    But next to Cartier station is not bad; it becomes very easy to get back onto the island and head downtown and stuff.
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    @Gummo thanks.

Here's the latest printed version. Since I cannot print small detail, I change the layout a bit and made a stickers. Bonus now I have the colors of the wires plus the name of the button.
    nVp3jZJh.jpg

@FreedomGundam Well I could stay in the apartment (near Jean Talon) that I'm currently renting, but I'm hitting soon my 40, I have to think about my retirement. So I choose a house rather to buy a small condo. My workplace is in near the downtown so I need the subway since I don't own a car.

• rtdzignrtdzign Joined: Posts: 5,177
    Sad to see the forums go. I know that a few years ago I stopped contributing and went back to lurking, as I kind of moved on from this arcade stock hobby, but want to acknowledge that this forum was a welcome diversion and distraction as I was going through some tough patches in life. Being a part of the modding community for like 4 years of my life as a side hobby is a side of me that only some of you know will just be deleted. Take care everybody. I was glad to help when I was here, and will be sad that I won’t be able to lurk to see some of the familiar usernames posting funny or cool shit. Will mostly miss the joystick, ball shaft no homo talk.
  • bafiaris13bafiaris13 strava tsibukia Joined: Posts: 544
    Where all the info thats in here from all those years gonna go? Why are they closing the forums? Is there a way to save TT at least?
    KOI..
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 935
    We have top men working on it.
    Reiraku wrote: »
    We have top men working on it.

• spenzaliispenzalii Joined: Posts: 2,029
    edited January 10
    I had posted this on the GD thread, but it really makes much more sense here.

Thanks to the Tech Talk thread I was able to build my own Happ stick (the main reason I stumbled on this site in the first place), learn the difference in Sanwa and Seimitsu parts, try out new PCBs, learn how to solder SMD parts, built a stick that got shipped to the Philippines, learned to wet sand MDF, had more Dremel references than I ever had in my life, set up 2 wireless dual mod sticks, bought a hand plane (which I still need to get resharpened), at least 5 years of Secret Santa, went to Otakon, found my custom panel art guy for LIFE, spent more on a fightstick CASE than the price of a PS3 (and haven't told my wife how much), continued the annual Rowlf the Dog challenge, actually helped a few locals with some mods that were simple for me but meant the world for them, and connected with a bunch of like minded people that I still keep in contact with on and off the board. The site will be missed.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart
    And we build BALLER SHIT! (c) Matskat
  • mikeoharamikeohara V.S.O.P.C. Joined: Posts: 303 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If it wasn't for TT, I wouldn't have rediscovered my love for computers and helping people with them. I also got to participate in the last Secret Santa, which is something I've always wanted to do ever since I've been a member of the site. As someone that's been around pretty much since day 1, SRK has shaped my life for the better.

Godspeed.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 14,067
    I always kept saying next year on Secret Santa.

Fuck me.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk

Fuck me.
    Me too. Every year I say "Next year", and it hasn't worked out for me so far.
    I'm sure that, wherever we end up, @Darksakul can get it started again.

Looking for:
  • LLeg3ndLLeg3nd Always Eating Joined: Posts: 288
    So for fellow Canadians looking for some retro console modding supplies and parts, a friend at work just opened up an online store that has a small stock of HD Retrovision and Voultar products. Any Canadian who's tried to get these know how hard or expensive it is to get this stuff over from US stores/suppliers. He's just starting out and trying to figure out which is the best direction in terms of products to keep in supply.
    Have a look if it's something up your alley!
    https://retrostuff.ca/

Fuckin-A
    twitch.tv/relevantjohn
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 14,067

Fuck me.
    Me too. Every year I say "Next year", and it hasn't worked out for me so far.
    I'm sure that, wherever we end up, @Darksakul can get it started again.

Apparently it'll still be here?
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    That’s what it seems. I’m kinda glad I didn’t write my mushy thank-yous and good-byes yet.

Looking for:
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,276 mod
    edited January 12
    I earned a full green rep bar in six months just from posting in Tech Talk (right before they got rid of it). Tech Talk will always have a special place in my heart.

That said, B.U.T.T.H.O.L.E. reset once we move to Discourse?
    Pertho wrote: »
    You guys have no idea the amount of people I would send here from all walks of life.

Also fuck all of you for being so god damned nice that everybody else looks like a massive asshole. You fucking nerds always prance around with that uppity air on how you're all "the best subforum in SRK". Nah, fuck all that GD is still the best and nobody likes a teacher's pet. :rofl:

Really though, this place is one of the key things that made SRK different than other game sites and a really special one at that. Godspeed.
    GD exists so that @Darksakul has a place where he can be an asshole.

Either that, or Tech Talk exists so he has a place he can be useful.
    Yeah, evacuate the butthole and rip a new one.
    Or would it be... "prepare for the enema"?

Looking for:
    I'll help your cause
    d3v wrote: »
    I earned a full green rep bar in six months just from posting in Tech Talk (right before they got rid of it). Tech Talk will always have a special place in my heart.

That said, B.U.T.T.H.O.L.E. reset once we move to Discourse?
    Pertho wrote: »
    You guys have no idea the amount of people I would send here from all walks of life.

Also fuck all of you for being so god damned nice that everybody else looks like a massive asshole. You fucking nerds always prance around with that uppity air on how you're all "the best subforum in SRK". Nah, fuck all that GD is still the best and nobody likes a teacher's pet. :rofl:

Really though, this place is one of the key things that made SRK different than other game sites and a really special one at that. Godspeed.
    GD exists so that @Darksakul has a place where he can be an asshole.

Either that, or Tech Talk exists so he has a place he can be useful.

I am useful? What?