Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition Season V

Comments

• DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,766 mod
    Kyle said:

People are vocal as hell in the site discussion board. It's no wonder Mr Wiz is so pissed off. I'll be happy as long as the speed is better.

Which is sad, because if they'd just installed something other than the skin we got, people would probably be less vocal.
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·
  • DanAdamKOFDanAdamKOF Joined: Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    I saw this and thought of Tech Talk, "Help Hackaday build a custom gaming controller for a good cause": http://hackaday.com/2013/02/12/help-hackaday-build-a-custom-gaming-controller-for-a-good-cause/

Dunno if it's worthy of its own thread but I wanted to at least share it somewhere.

edit: Call me vain but I do miss the Likes I had, I assume the Achievements (100 posts, joined before SF4 came out, etc) are also gone?
    Post edited by DanAdamKOF on
    ·
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    d3v said:

So, anyone willing to volunteer to help fix the links in the info thread?

I try to do the same hunting around as the last server move. I guess its time to fire up the old google Search skills.
    I guess we have to do this the OLD FASHION WAY
    Post edited by Darksakul on
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
    ·
    d3v said:

So, anyone willing to volunteer to help fix the links in the info thread?

Darksakul said:

I try to do the same hunting around as the last server move. I guess its time to fire up the old google Search skills.
    I guess we have to do this the OLD FASHION WAY

It's cool, I just fixed them:
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/81882/info-thread-rules-faqs-and-tutorials-inside-read-this-before-hitting-that-new-thread-button

MarkMan, -albert_c,chippermonky, and shoo's accounts have not transferred over yet. It will as soon as they log in.
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·
  • Francys PaiFrancys Pai ☆ Resident Cynic ☆ Joined: Posts: 5,085
    gahrling said:

Hello!

Come to more London gigs.

Dude, I don't play anymore haha. I'm all "Le Art" lately. When I can afford to table at MCM, that's like, the only time you'll see me up there haha.

Unless I ever feel like getting back into AE. Which I doubt will happen.
    MVY. Francys Pai | Eternal Blaze - Mad Vega Yomi forever <3
    "When one looks like glass, everything else looks to be made of stone."

Art blog; Scarlet Eyed Rätsel
    ·
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013

Dude, I don't play anymore haha. I'm all "Le Art" lately. When I can afford to table at MCM, that's like, the only time you'll see me up there haha.

Who said anything about games? I'm talking about Combichrist and other such delights.

London gigs! I know you want to..
    Post edited by gahrling on
    ·
    I want this
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
    ·
    Darksakul said:

I want this

Did some research, and holy shit... it's actually real.

I must find these!

·
    gahrling wrote: »
    Dude, I don't play anymore haha. I'm all "Le Art" lately. When I can afford to table at MCM, that's like, the only time you'll see me up there haha.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Who said anything about games? I'm talking about Combichrist and other such delights.<br />
    <br />
    London gigs! I know you want to..

They're touring again? Damn. I last saw them...uh... damn, like... 2007? I feel old :X
    I really do need to spend a weekend up there, was just saying today that I'd like to go up to London some time for concert or something.
    Been really out of the loop with everything preparing for cons this year x____x

·
  • inblueinblue Maidsports! Joined: Posts: 11
    My dream of having nearly as many likes as b15sdm has finally come true!
    ·
    On a slightly different note:

gahrling plays effeminate characters who DP everything and are their waifu. http://en.shindanmaker.com/317630
    ·
    Apparently I play girly characters who grab everything and win for free.

*Mains Vega*
    *Is known for pissing people off with death by Kara throw x928562879*

Well shit.

·
    Francys - I think it mixed up our archetypes. I demand a refund : /
    ·
  • d3vd3v The Grumpy Machine. Joined: Posts: 26,709 mod
    So apparently "d3v plays generic characters who have great footsies and inspire rage."

Can't complain since I use Chun in 3S and have been playing Blanka regularly in AE2012.
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

·
  • WrathWrath Modder and BlazBlue Fan Joined: Posts: 211
    Wrath plays psychotic characters who encourage mashing and inspire fanfic.
    But I hate Ragna and main Haku....I think they got me wrong
    thank you so much dood. I feel alot more prepared now
    -Mr.Nannie
    ^^ that's a prinny in disguise O.O
    PSN: xXFierywrathXx
    ·
  • Ikagi-chanIkagi-chan Loves his HRAP2SA! <3 Joined: Posts: 1,956
    Ikagi-chan plays badass characters who abuse glitches but sucks with them.

Hmmm...I'd say that's pretty true. I do find glitches hilarious and I do love badass characters like Sol, Ragna, and Kazuya. Hmm! Pretty accurate. :O
    ·
    I saw this today on Youtube, its amazing

I wonder what Sony has planed in store for this tech

·
    Darksakul wrote: »

That's actually from last year, but you're right about it being absolutely amazing. It still moves me, even now.

·
    I never felt so bad for a android character before.
    Threaten to be dismantled just because she was made "too well"
    ·
  • TRiXWoNTRiXWoN Solder Soldier in the 6 Button Army Joined: Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

I thought this was the tech they are using for that new game from quantic dream... The one with Ellen Paige in it.
    ::Mod till your heart's content::
    ·
    @TRiXWoN wrote: »

I thought this was the tech they are using for that new game from quantic dream... The one with Ellen Paige in it.
    Yarp. That's the one.

·
  • KyleKyle PS-14-Gangsta Joined: Posts: 4,722 mod
    It's cool, I just fixed them.
    <3
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

Replacement Themes for Enhanced Browsing Pleasure
    ·
    Ohshi.. I just figured out you can like, agree and disagree with your own post.
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

·
    Liking your own post are for scrubs who think a Mayflash adapter on their 8 button Wii stick with work better than a Actual PS3 stick will, and want to use Macros.
    The same scrubs who joined 5 seconds ago and want to sell their hastily modded Mad Catz SE for more than its market value on Tech Talk (instead of 50 post and 6 months later on the Trading Post)

Real men play six buttons, aren't afraid of Hello Kitty and MLP, who dremel together hot android women from a broken PS3 and srirachia. Pantsu is optional but highly encouraged, unless you like your android girlfriend to be naked.
    ·
  • ExtremeYoshiFanExtremeYoshiFan Joined: Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Did this thing character typing thing, and apparently I play loud characters who have day long combos and inspire rage.

I don't know what defines a "day long" combo, and I'm not one that generally inspires rage, but I'll take it.
    Post edited by ExtremeYoshiFan on
    ·
    The same scrubs who joined 5 seconds ago and want to sell their hastily modded Mad Catz SE for more than its market value on Tech Talk (instead of 50 post and 6 months later on the Trading Post)
    DSP is back? Time to bring out the banhammer then.
    -Mike_Z

·
  • Jamin3131Jamin3131 Modding Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 1,184
    feels like another world in here.. miss checking the forums on the regular.. Damn you IRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Find me at A&C Games in Toronto Mondays and Wednesdays

·
    Yeah, I'll get swamped at work and feel like a bastard when I don't sign on the boards. I've been trading sleep for messing with the forum skin. Probably not a great compromise.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

·
    Where is @JDM7I4
    -Mike_Z

·
    d3v wrote: »
    Where is @JDM7I4

The same place where Joe, Toodles, and Bruce Lee are.

Equestria!
    ·
    Where is @JDM7I4

Equestria!

I am trying to imagine James, Joe, Toodles and Bruce Lee together in Equestria.
    LOL.

·
    Where is @JDM7I4

Equestria!
    Except that I've actually heard from Toodles. I chatted with him a day or two ago.

But yeah, James and Joe have just vanished in a cloud of Hello Kitty fur and Sriracha.

·
  • DanAdamKOFDanAdamKOF Joined: Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Not to stalk but JDM posted a bit on Twitter the other day, so he's not in danger or anything. Laugh.
    Post edited by DanAdamKOF on
    ·
  • Jamin3131Jamin3131 Modding Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 1,184
    So how do I edit my sig again? I thought I stumbled upon it the first time I logged in, but seems to have dissapeared on me.
    Find me at A&C Games in Toronto Mondays and Wednesdays

·
  • JDM7I4JDM7I4 Blue Blue Glass Moon Joined: Posts: 27
    Cool new Forum, guys.
    I like.
    IIIVIR: http://www.triumvir.com/

J&J SoCal Modding: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/113434/
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
    ·
    Jamin3131 wrote: »
    So how do I edit my sig again? I thought I stumbled upon it the first time I logged in, but seems to have dissapeared on me.
    Can't right now. It's being worked on, though.
    JDM7I4 wrote: »
    Cool new Forum, guys.
    I like.
    I do too, but it seems we're a minority on this one.

·
  • JDM7I4JDM7I4 Blue Blue Glass Moon Joined: Posts: 27
    edited February 2013
    The new agree/disagree is cool.
    Until someone post two replies in one post.
    What if I agree to one reply, but I disagree to the second?

I guess I disagree and like post.
    Post edited by JDM7I4 on
    IIIVIR: http://www.triumvir.com/

J&J SoCal Modding: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/113434/
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
    ·
  • mr.mortifiedmr.mortified e-sports and pew pew Joined: Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭
    Well that was a scary face that just appeared there. I haven't been checking up a lot. And james that bowl looked very delicious
    follow me on twitter @mr_mortified
    I need dat twitter PSR
    ·
    I notice my Tap Talk App doesn't work on SRK . What gives?
    ·
  • ed1371ed1371 Yogahh Joined: Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭✭
    Only issue i am seeing is the posts per page is set too high... Doesnt matter much here but in the check out my new arcade stick thread its a little harsh
    why crimp when you can solder??

PSN: Nippage
    ·
  • ExtremeYoshiFanExtremeYoshiFan Joined: Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭
    Probably hasn't been added into the new forum yet. I'd give it some time as tapatalk is fairly popular here at SRK. However, the site does work fairly well on mobile browsers, so I would just use the mobile site for now.
    ·
    There's a FAQ for that!

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/175755/new-forum-software-faq-wip
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

·
    Mobile version of the site is way better than TapaTalk anyhow.
    -Mike_Z

·
  • kubebotkubebot Large Member Joined: Posts: 1,253 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Been lurking for too long.

I like the speed improvements of that the new site brings, but....

I've had a much easier time browsing on my phone then at my desktop -- quite the opposite from the previous version.

My biggest problem is just trying to read posts and follow conversations.
    It's not just the white background (which there's way too much of it), it's the formatting.
    The spacing is too dramatic for just about everything and indenting feels off.

The actual post and sig font look the same just at a slightly different size.
    No offense, but I used to turn off seeing signatures as they got too cluttered when trying to follow a convo.
    Post edited by kubebot on
    ·
    JDM7I4 wrote: »
    Cool new Forum, guys.
    I like.
    When are you going to join Tech Talk community on Google+.
    -Mike_Z

·
  • Icy Black DeepIcy Black Deep Still training... Joined: Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭
    kubebot wrote: »
    [Layout issues]

Have you tried some of Kyle's Vanilla Black?
    New Jersey
    ·
    kubebot wrote: »
    [Layout issues]
    Have you tried some of Kyle's Vanilla Black?

I'm using it at the moment, but there's a problem - threads don't appear highlighted when a new post is made. Instead I am having to look for the small text next to a thread saying a new post has been made. Possible to fix this? Like highlighting a thread in blue or something.
    ·
    I just tried making the 'new' text a little more obvious. Please go post in the actual thread for support with my nonsense.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

·
    edited February 2013
    Kyle wrote: »
    I just tried making the 'new' text a little more obvious. Please go post in the actual thread for support with my nonsense.

erm.. I hope I posted it in the correct thread - the one duckie linked to above with faq's? Posted in that after posting in the butthole.

EDIT: whoops - it was the link you posted, but have since found what I'm assuming to be the correct thread. Will post in there!

Post edited by gahrling on
    ·