Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition Season V

Comments

• KyleKyle PS-14-Gangsta Joined: Posts: 4,722 mod
    gahrling wrote: »
    Kyle wrote: »
    EDIT: whoops - it was the link you posted, but have since found what I'm assuming to be the correct thread. Will post in there!
    Sorry sir. I would have the correct link in my sig, except they haven't thought to allow us to edit our signatures. Seems silly to have an uneditable dead link there.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

Replacement Themes for Enhanced Browsing Pleasure
    ·
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭
    That's quite all right. New forum code is obviously going to have kinks to iron out. In a few months time it will be plain sailing.
    ·
  • undamnedundamned Wake up! Time to die! Joined: Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ed1371 wrote: »
    Only issue i am seeing is the posts per page is set too high... Doesnt matter much here but in the check out my new arcade stick thread its a little harsh
    Yeah, my computer/browser/whatever chugs in the arcade stick thread, now. Never used to be a problem.
    -ud

·
  • spenzaliispenzalii Joined: Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭
    I got my modded mini controller from Gummo (hadn't posted since the site was down). Life has been a mad dash the last few weeks so I haven't got a chance to plug it into anything yet to test it out. Pics and tests forthcoming this weekend...
    And we build BALLER SHIT! (c) Matskat
    ·
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,766 mod
    gahrling wrote: »
    That's quite all right. New forum code is obviously going to have kinks to iron out. In a few months time it will be plain sailing.
    I wish more posters had this attitude. I swear, people's ability to complain about stuff that they're getting for FREE is staggering...
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·
  • PhreakazoidPhreakazoid Turkey Legs Incoming! Joined: Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭
    OK, back with a clear(er) mind and ready to get moving on projects. First up is getting the Link pre-order up and running. After reading the rules of kickstarter/indigogo I think that I have to not use them because if I make a heavily discounted unit for the first x amount of people the rules of KS/IGG force a 1 per backer ruling :/
    Cerberus, easy dual mod for your TE ->www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus
    Link JLF Detachable Joystick Shaft! -> www.PhreakMods.com/products/the-link
    Available @ FocusAttack.com -> http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-link/
    Available @ JasensCustoms.com -> https://www.jasenscustoms.com/PhreakMods-The-Link.html
    Available @ ParadiseAracadeShop.com -> http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-featured/1124-the-link-jlf.html
    ·
    So I'm moving to Austin TX in about ten days. Does this mean I need to start wearing a cowboy hat, or possibly a poncho?
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·
  • AmpAmp Joined: Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    So I was walking home from class yesterday, and as I was nearing the corner, BAM:

weinermobile out of nowhere!

and everyone was totally ignoring it!

The total lack of fanfare and attention kinda weirded me out and made me think I was hallucinating, I guess I wasn't, because the picture is right there on my phone.
    GFWL/XBL: Amperture
    Yes, I play on keyboard. Get yourself a KBC Poker.
    Looking for a good keyboard -> console converter.
    ·
  • phaedrusphaedrus Joined: Posts: 803 ✭✭
    So I'm moving to Austin TX in about ten days. Does this mean I need to start wearing a cowboy hat, or possibly a poncho?

Coolio. Not really. The hipsters have taken over so tight pants and single speed bikes would be the look.
    7 button is trap.
    ·
    I'll make it down sometime and we'll hang out.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

·
  • TRiXWoNTRiXWoN Solder Soldier in the 6 Button Army Joined: Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭
    Austin is not like that. I live about an hour from there and I'm from SoCal. Born in San Diego and moved to San Jose (hella norcal) in my late 20s. Moved to Killeen TX 2 years ago. Austin is as close to a California town as I've ever seen outside CA. It literally is like they cut a piece of CA out and put it in Texas.

We will have to meet up good sir. 
    ::Mod till your heart's content::
    ·
  • d3vd3v Slide Grab Gyakunitaku Kick Joined: Posts: 27,027 mod
    edited February 2013
    Some of BAS's non FG friends were over on business and we took them out to dinner. They gave us all random Hello Kitty stuff from Japan. I got this box of chocolates.
    I immediately thought of @JDM7I4...

...who is not getting this because he went dremel.
    So if I ever see someone waving a green striped panties in the crowd in the US Grand Prix, I know who's doing it.

Post edited by d3v on
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

·
    Oh shit, totally missed this in all my weinermobile confusion.

We should totally hook up and be poor as shit together.
    ·
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Some odd reason I can't post in the Absolute n00b thread

I made 4 attempts now to answer questions and nothing show sup after I hit Submit.

[edit]
    Now I have a  4 post showing, wow.
    Post edited by Darksakul on
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
    ·
    edited February 2013

If anyone has some spare time today please test this. : )

http://userstyles.org/styles/83217/vanilla-blue
    http://srktt.com/skin/vanillablue.css

Post edited by Kyle on
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

·
    Test
    Kyle said:

http://userstyles.org/styles/83217/vanilla-blue
    http://srktt.com/skin/vanillablue.css

That be very blue, sir. Very blue indeed. Looks nice! The quote bar on all skins need highlight somehow so it's more obvious where quotes start and where they end.

·
    Kyle said:

Testing now. Already greatly prefer it to the previous 'black'. For a start the reply I'm typing to you now I'm actually able to read instead of the text being almost the same shade as the box background.
    ·
    Thanks. That should be fixed for both of them. I was previously testing on Opera and Firefox. I'm checking things against Chrome as well now.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

·
    A quandary. If a reverse harem centers around a trap who is surrounded/wooed by reverse traps, is it still a reverse harem?
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

·
    I know it's one doujin hentai I certainly wouldn't want to see, that's for damn sure...

·
  • Ikagi-chanIkagi-chan Loves his HRAP2SA! <3 Joined: Posts: 1,963
    d3v said:
    A quandary. If a reverse harem centers around a trap who is surrounded/wooed by reverse traps, is it still a reverse harem?
    Hmmm...I disagree with Duckie.  This is one doujin I'd love to read!

...only if it were a full tank though.  I don't want just 1 measly chapter.  
    ·
  • mr.mortifiedmr.mortified e-sports and pew pew Joined: Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭
    you have to go and explore the shenanigans of this scenario that's for sure
    follow me on twitter @mr_mortified
    I need dat twitter PSR
    ·
  • stickystainesstickystaines Joined: Posts: 835 ✭✭✭
    Can anyone direct me to 'build your own stick' thread, if it exists? I've read the stickies and tried seraching and i'm going through slagcoin which is awesome, but wondering if there was a thread for self building; specifically for helping. It's all in planning at the moment, but would like some advice about some things (case building, PCB's etc).
    ·
  • WrathWrath Modder and BlazBlue Fan Joined: Posts: 211
    d3v said:
    Where do I find this magical game?
    thank you so much dood. I feel alot more prepared now
    -Mr.Nannie
    ^^ that's a prinny in disguise O.O
    PSN: xXFierywrathXx
    ·
    edited February 2013
    I know it's one doujin hentai I certainly wouldn't want to see, that's for damn sure...
    Not even if one of the reverse traps wore shimapan?
    Wrath wrote: »
    Where do I find this magical game?
    Only in my head.
    Post edited by d3v on
    -Mike_Z

·
    Can anyone direct me to 'build your own stick' thread, if it exists? I've read the stickies and tried seraching and i'm going through slagcoin which is awesome, but wondering if there was a thread for self building; specifically for helping. It's all in planning at the moment, but would like some advice about some things (case building, PCB's etc).
    there's a woodworking thread out there. not sure where it went now though. 
    I need dat twitter PSR
    ·
    MGR:R is out... and I have no money to buy it.  :(
    -Mike_Z

·
    I've never been a Metal Gear fan (the only one I liked was the MSX version) so all this hype is lost on me.
    ·
  • PhreakazoidPhreakazoid Turkey Legs Incoming! Joined: Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really have interest in the new MG game.. I just have a feeling that the bullet time slice and dice will get really old really fast. It's a fun mechanic, and I know you don't "need" it but overall it's just not that cool to me. Then again, I haven't really played an MG game since MGS2, I tried going through snake eater twice and always stopped for some reason. Great game, I just got side tracked and never came back.
    Cerberus, easy dual mod for your TE ->www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus
    Link JLF Detachable Joystick Shaft! -> www.PhreakMods.com/products/the-link
    Available @ FocusAttack.com -> http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-link/
    Available @ JasensCustoms.com -> https://www.jasenscustoms.com/PhreakMods-The-Link.html
    Available @ ParadiseAracadeShop.com -> http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-featured/1124-the-link-jlf.html
    ·
  • Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0 -_- Joined: Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭
    I don't really have interest in the new MG game.. I just have a feeling that the bullet time slice and dice will get really old really fast. It's a fun mechanic, and I know you don't "need" it but overall it's just not that cool to me. Then again, I haven't really played an MG game since MGS2, I tried going through snake eater twice and always stopped for some reason. Great game, I just got side tracked and never came back.
    Same.  Last Metal Gear game I actually played was Metal Gear Solid for the PS1 and having seen friends or roommates play every MGS game since then the only things I can think of with regards to the series are:
    1) How come you  bother to update your graphics with each version but your controls seem to remain as clunky as ever?
    2) Have you considered hiring an editor?
    My Sale Thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/137405/wts-crossbone-intensity-pro-controllers-d2rv-gs-misc-wtt-see-2nd-post-updated-01-06-15/p1
    Current highlights include: discontinued PS2 converters, PS3 MLG Pro Circuit Controller, a lot of misc. parts and some gaming related collectibles 
    ·
    edited February 2013
    If someone unfairly marks a valid post as 'spam', is there any way to appeal it? 
    Post edited by gahrling on
    ·
    I am not very good at playing video games solo. When I sit down to do so and veg out I feel like I should be doing something more productive. It is fine as long as my kiddo is watching.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

·
    gahrling said:
    If someone unfairly marks a valid post as 'spam', is there any way to appeal it? 
    That would be nice.   I mean I hate bitching about stuff like 'rep' and 'likes' online but on the other hand it does kind of bug me that someone disagreed with my sale thread in the trading outlet.  Why?  Fuck if I know.
    My Sale Thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/137405/wts-crossbone-intensity-pro-controllers-d2rv-gs-misc-wtt-see-2nd-post-updated-01-06-15/p1
    Current highlights include: discontinued PS2 converters, PS3 MLG Pro Circuit Controller, a lot of misc. parts and some gaming related collectibles 
    ·
  • ExtremeYoshiFanExtremeYoshiFan Joined: Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭
    gahrling said:
    That would be nice.   I mean I hate bitching about stuff like 'rep' and 'likes' online but on the other hand it does kind of bug me that someone disagreed with my sale thread in the trading outlet.  Why?  Fuck if I know.
    The disagree could have been intended as a "Your prices are too high." I was going to check the thread, but the link in your sig appears to be broken. I'm certain the prices are fine though, it's probably just some troll.
    ·
    My best advice is just to realize that none of this "like, agree, disagree, etc etc" hooplah actually means anything. Don't let people get into your heads like that. Take the good, leave the bad.

·
  • spenzaliispenzalii Joined: Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭
    Nice blue theme Kyle. I may actually come back to the main building (SRK) instead of staying in the annex like some of us have (g+)
    And we build BALLER SHIT! (c) Matskat
    ·
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading posts is too difficult.

Why can't we gave large avatars?

Why can't quoted text be easier to notice?

Why can't the signature not look like its part of the post?
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
    ·
    My best advice is just to realize that none of this "like, agree, disagree, etc etc" hooplah actually means anything. Don't let people get into your heads like that. Take the good, leave the bad.
    Like, agree, disagree are all fine to ignore but if people start abusing the 'Flag' function that will hide posts that might not deserve it.
    ·
    edited February 2013

spenzalii said:
    Nice blue theme Kyle. I may actually come back to the main building (SRK) instead of staying in the annex like some of us have (g+)
    Aww, at least in the G+ annex I don't feel nearly as bad about being all, "...Oh man, sticks are awesome, you guys are awesome, but all I can speak about with any sort of authority is keyboards mice and Quake :("

Being a nigh-exclusive PC gamer, while trying to feel like you fit in with the FGC is a weird experience. I'll say that.
    Post edited by Amp on
    ·
    edited February 2013
    Well it's not really a Metal Gear game. It's a Platinum action game but with MG characters. In other words, you'll likely be coming back for more slice and dice on hour 50 just because of how deep it is.

Gummo wrote: »
    Reading posts is too difficult. 

Why can't we gave large avatars?

Why can't quoted text be easier to notice?

Why can't the signature not look like its part of the post?
    Most of these are have been addressed in Tom's thread.

Post edited by d3v on
    -Mike_Z

·

Like, agree, disagree are all fine to ignore but if people start abusing the 'Flag' function that will hide posts that might not deserve it.
    I wouldn't worry about that. Mods are informed when this happens. People who abuse the flag function will be infracted.

·
  • ExandExand Watching Joined: Posts: 231
    d3v said:
    MGR:R is out... and I have no money to buy it.  :(
    So I had a regular copy of Revengence pre-ordered from last year during a preorder sale ($45), and today in the mail I got this...
    Was there some kind of Konami upgrade offer or did the store mess up my preorder in my favor? :o

Currently Playing:
    SSF4 AE | Dota2
    ·
    I FINISHED IT FINALLY AFTER 6 MONTHS.... only a few more parts to go until its 100% complete.  
    I need dat twitter PSR
    ·
  • stickystainesstickystaines Joined: Posts: 835 ✭✭✭
    I FINISHED IT FINALLY AFTER 6 MONTHS.... only a few more parts to go until its 100% complete.  
    You made your own? I'm wanna start making my own, but i'm a complete beginner at woodworking and electronics :V

What are the dimensions on the cuts of your outer box? And i guess do you have advice before i start diving into the project?
    ·
    nope this one is my razer beta joystick that i linked the mod details for in the thread.  I have like 3 customs I want to be able to finish up by the week ends though.  I'll post those when I finish them up
    I need dat twitter PSR
    ·
  • ExtremeYoshiFanExtremeYoshiFan Joined: Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭
    My wireless was dropping, so I swapped out my current router for an older one I had lying around. It was a pleasant surprise to see that I had installed DD-WRT on it before as part of a previous networking experiment.

Sadly this router doesn't do 5ghz N, but it does do 2.4ghz N and it works without dropping the connection, so I won't complain.
    ·
    I finally got my Diablo themed keycaps on for my mechanical keyboard

there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
    ·
    Darksakul said:
    I finally got my Diablo themed keycaps on for my mechanical keyboard

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b261/darksakul/20130224_194904_zps26698da2.jpg
    Can't see what's on the number row. Got any close up shots?
    -Mike_Z

·
    edited February 2013
    Post edited by Darksakul on
    ·