is Tatsunoko vs Capcom Worth it?

SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
i want your opinions is it worth 50 dollars ? or not and is the fightstick basically the SE fightstick?

Comments

• gigabytegigabyte Joined: Posts: 631
    If you have a wii get it , its definitely worth it since it'd be the only good "fighting game" on wii ..
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    hows the gameplay? on it? and hows wifi? yes i have a wii
    If you have a wii get it , its definitely worth it since it'd be the only good "fighting game" on wii ..

I'm not going to buy a game just because it's the only good "fighting game" on the Wii. How about the game itself? Is it good and do you think it will have a solid community like other capcom games on the different consoles? Also, how does it compare to mvc2?
    I'm really enjoying the game. It's really fun and easy to get into. The combos are fun and the animations are exciting. I have the TvC stick and it seems to be built pretty decently...I'll wait after a month or two to see how the build is. The online can be laggy at times, but that's all depending on player connections.
  • r0kzztarr0kzztar AV by Lolerskates Joined: Posts: 822
    OK..

is it worth $50?
    like any other new game its worth the same. the game itself its pretty good, the game mode its similar to mvc2 but not the same, in my oppinion mvc2 is better that tvc. but tvc is really good. the combo system is really easy, you only have 3 main bottoms L M H, kick and puch is the same bottom the diference is that is u press foward it does a kick if u press back is a puch ...

solid community??
    umm its hard to tell it depends on how well people adapt to the game and how many are willin to spend money in getting the system and accesories to play it, but it looks it is going for a good way i have friends that doenst like mahvel (the game its too complicated for the them, they just play sf4), but they played tvc and now they are addictive to it, why? they feel good because they can do what they cant do on mahvel, because of the gameplay, its really easy. i have ppl playing it at my college and know of another two that also play it. but who knows how well the game will do. i think the main issue it has to overcome is the CONSOLE, is wii.

compare to mvc2?

like i said , its SIMILAR but not the same. the only comparison i can do right now its that in tvc and mvc2 u have air combos and combination of supers
    Hear these words awake:
    "Make the most out of your day
    for brief is the time, so brief is the time
    that we are allowed to stay "
    - SENTENCED, Lopakka.
    and yeah i forgot online playing is shit!!!!!! ... most players have a fucking laggy connection. but the game is good! lol
    Hear these words awake:
    - SENTENCED, Lopakka.
  • mr.hadokenmr.hadoken Old School Style For You Joined: Posts: 621
    I'm not going to buy a game just because it's the only good "fighting game" on the Wii. How about the game itself? Is it good and do you think it will have a solid community like other capcom games on the different consoles? Also, how does it compare to mvc2?

GGXX AC and Nartuo 3 are on there
    Good hit...but not enough power.
  • Ketchy KechKetchy Kech RAZALASH Joined: Posts: 862
    Best to use the LAN Adapter for a wired connection, people are reporting a huge disparity between wifi and wired in terms of connection quality. MvC2 is great, and it has it's similarities to this game, but I love the fact that nearly every character is viable, if not all, as opposed to mvc2 where there are around 6-8 depending on setups. Great game, and I've only been playing on crappy wiimote until my custom arrives. (simplified mode is shit lol, i guess it serves it's purpose though)
    || MvC3: Ironman, Tron, Super Skrull || SSF4 v.2012: Guy || || BB CSII: Tsubaki Yayoi ||
    || UMvC3: R. Raccoon, Dr. Strange, Ryu || 3SOE: Elena || SkullGirls: Painwheel / Double (?) || *

sooo, the lan adapter really does a huge difference in connectivity?
    Hear these words awake:
    - SENTENCED, Lopakka.
    Forget about 'best fighting game on wii'
    It is an awesome game and definitely worth it.
  • digimonemporerdigimonemporer Joined: Posts: 2,612
    Absolutely!!!

ASSIST OKAY!!!
    No signature here. Nope...not one.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,603
    GGXX AC and Nartuo 3 are on there

Shhhhh!...let people think what they want
  • Ketchy KechKetchy Kech RAZALASH Joined: Posts: 862

beast is that you? lol, changed your name to "ClubAmerican"? haha
    || MvC3: Ironman, Tron, Super Skrull || SSF4 v.2012: Guy || || BB CSII: Tsubaki Yayoi ||
    || UMvC3: R. Raccoon, Dr. Strange, Ryu || 3SOE: Elena || SkullGirls: Painwheel / Double (?) || *

• Kishiru324Kishiru324 Juri Han = <3 Joined: Posts: 67
    It's more balanced than MvC2. O:
  • EvilRyuXEvilRyuX Buttered Toast. Joined: Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's a very good game and worth it. Easy to get into, fun to play, fun to find out different combos with various characters, fun to master characters and character combinations, just plain fun. Has good online, from what I've played lately.

A must have Wii title in my opinion. I hope it sells really well too, it's that good.
    (((1st Av by ytwojay))) (((Graffiti Av by Nastradamus)))

Yasashiyama: Bitches, I make diifii look like fucking JOHN LEGEND. I make girls turn into lesbians, back straight and then gay. TWICE. I'm Justin Wong with Darkwing Duck assist in this shit!
  • Wonder_ChefWonder_Chef Chomp Chomp Hiss Joined: Posts: 1,651
    It really blew me away, definitely on par with all the current fighters, if you have a Wii, GET IT.
    "Characters like Cammy and Sakura aren't that threatening after knockdown." - Wasted
    "In ST, you can zone for almost an entire minute without the other character ever approaching you." - m2Dave
  • NyoronoruNyoronoru Vocaloid DLC Joined: Posts: 1,647
    Fantastic game. Get a LAN adapter if you want to play online.

Mess around and find your signature style.
    Life is too short to waste not trying your best!
  • darthJonesdarthJones She is dancing you perv! Joined: Posts: 200
    Wouldn't both players have to have the LAN adapter for it to make a difference? The chances of playing another person who has one are pretty slim...
    the girl in my avatar is dancing. what did you think she was doing?
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188
    I'd get the game with the stick. If you're lucky you can snag one at Best Buy. Might want to mod the buttons though; they're a little lacking in feedback.
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
    IMO, this is the best fighter on the Wii to date! The online game play is fun (when you have a challenging opponent & no lag) and the game itself is beautifully designed with many intricate in game techniques. Both seasoned veterans of the fighting series, as well as new comers will learn to love and appreciate this game! I wasn't familiar with the Tatsunoko characters, however they have grown on me (I play Jun the Swan and Chun-Li team primarily). Also, the game is visually stunning, especially on and HDTV. I initially played the game with the standard Wii remote, and although its enjoyable, I went out and purchased the Classic Wii Remote and am able to utilize much more effective combos. I'm considering purchasing a joystick within in the near future. All in all, I definitely recommend this game and hope you decide to pick up a copy and learn to love it like I have! Happy Battling!
  • K4everK4ever KOF XIII online = Dissapointment :( Joined: Posts: 509
    So for the lag problem to be kinda solved, both players need to be wire connected using a lan adapter, correct?
    I guess location also depends. Even though I use domestic search, some matches are full of lag.
  • Mufasa2Mufasa2 Noob in Training Joined: Posts: 926
    great game. get it. Online as stated can use some work but overall good to add to your collection of wii games
  • GriffardGriffard bulbasaur is so cash Joined: Posts: 689
    Best Wii fighter, so basically if you have a wii, get it.
    Vamp: Victor Melee: Pikachu
    From Chicago, living in New Orleans
    I really like the gameplay. its a very different pace than SF4 and has some pretty fun and dynamic gameplay mechanics like the baroque, it lets you sacrifice the red recoverable portion of health to cancel recovery frames of almost any move while also increasing damage relative to how much red health you sacrificed. You can cancel into sudden overheads, extend combos, render unsafe moves safe.

As for the online play.. my experience is that it is largely very very bad lag even after i got wired adapter, forwarded appropriate ports, also tried dmz'ing wii. I dont play it online anymore.
    ugh sry double post..
    after countless battle against nimrod noobs and wiimote wannabes, some of them I end up losing due to lag and easy mode affecting the matchup, I'm just about done with this game, at least online. With the scene so small, and popularity so low (even before MVC3) it's just not worth it to level up in this game unless you're planning to stick it to the wiimote babies (yeah, good luck with that) or go against Keits and co.
  • bigdaddy4bigdaddy4 im legit Joined: Posts: 321
    no, this game aint worth it.
  • ace of baseace of base Joined: Posts: 8
    Even the single player experience isn't that great. Take out the miminal button layout, baroque, air combo partner switch, and level the 2"emergency escape" move, and the game's none too different fro MvC1.

I don't know who to blame for the terrible online experience. I'm tired of moves not coming out at tight moments (the game has trouble distinguishing between fireball and shoryuken command), combos interrupted by lag, and the inexplicably sensitive assist / partner switching. Pressing back and Partner will often result in in my character scooting back a bit after a brief pause. If you moved even a milisecond after calling out an assist, they won't come out.

I have a wireless linksys game adpater for my old school PS2, and have experienced nearly ZERO lag. I heard some wonderful things about the original XBOX live, but PS2 online was free and worked prefectly fine. So what's up with nintendo's wifi? There's occasionally lags even in COD modern reflex.

Back to TvC - is anyone else having trouble against the "mini" characters (Roll, Zero, Viewtiul Joe, etc)? They're tough to hit, but have all kinds of ways to swarm all over you. Lots of priority in their normals too, it seems.
  • Bou2Bou2 Not lady luck Joined: Posts: 6
    It's worth a try and it's marvel lite! but beware the online since it's a hit and miss
    Back to TvC - is anyone else having trouble against the "mini" characters (Roll, Zero, Viewtiul Joe, etc)? They're tough to hit, but have all kinds of ways to swarm all over you. Lots of priority in their normals too, it seems.

I hear you man. It's bad enough some characters don't have the normals to deal with these little bastards, it's worse when the player is using the wiimote's semi-auto hit confirm.
    I've made a thread last night about this and didn't realize this was around since new at this forum...so here my question I put in on other thread I made

"Before I even buy the game is there is a way to make it "No lag" on TvC Wii Online? Just wonder cause I been looking around to see if there is possible a lag on TvC so I wonder what you guys opinion for make it not lag if you can help before I buy it? Thanks!" - Rapid
    Edit: Sorry double post, website being werid sometimes.
    No, because it's peer-to-peer so the connection depends on how far you are to your opponent. There's always lag present, and depending on your opponents connection, it can get worse during the match.
  • natural_icenatural_ice Imposter? Joined: Posts: 534
    How's the game on pad?
    Now no more shenanigans, no more tomfoolery, no more ballyhoo.
  • jaymoozoojaymoozoo Joined: Posts: 146
    What determines if this game is "worth it" or not is if there is any sort of scene/player base for it (even if small) in the area you live in. If there is, then yes, pick it up. It's a fun and addictive game, and takes the Versus series of games in a new (do not read that as bad or good specifically) way. However, if there isn't I wouldn't bother with it. The online aspect of the game is about the same as you'd expect from the online community in any fighting game. Mostly bad players with even worse attitudes, and the few good ones you find in between.

If you're a fan of the Marvel series or any of the other versus series games however, don't head into TvC with any preconceived ideas about it, as you will more than likely be let down when one aspect of the game doesn't work the way you'd like it to, or when something doesn't work like it has in previous versus titles.
    Hmm I think I'm going buy game + stick + lan adapter and going search about port foward on router for wii that I heard about and yea I guess I hope I see you online >.> Gonna get it sometime next week
  • Kidy3kKidy3k Joined: Posts: 68
    i need 2 more bucks to buy this game and i hope its worth it,
    livepoints360.webs.com (freebies)
  • CryohCryoh Rock Shock Thunderous Beat Joined: Posts: 9,639
    How's the game on pad?

It plays pretty good on the Classic Controller.
  • Kidy3kKidy3k Joined: Posts: 68
    great i just bought the game and i'm gonna use the classic controller on it,
    livepoints360.webs.com (freebies)
    Let me know how it goes :P
    I tried the classic controller and was immediately thrown out by the way it feels. Diagonals don't always register and the buttons are too small. I recommend using a GC controller.
  • wwstar30wwstar30 RDcheez gremlin - wwrd.weebly.com Joined: Posts: 606
    game is tons of fun. i dont take it seriously like i do with SSF4 but its lots of fun and the combos are awesome to pull off.
    wwrd.weebly.com
  • Bad FishBad Fish The AscendingMonster Joined: Posts: 130
    def worth it.

fight teh pros on the west and the only two pros on the east me and skisonic lol, ull have a great time.!!!
    do play:SSF4/TVCUAS/BBCS/SHAQFU/Project Justice
    still do play:HDR/3S/Tekken 6/MBAA/Naruto Rev 3/GundamBattleAssault 2/KOF 11
    will play:MVC3/AH3/Phantom Breaker/Chaos Code/uminekogame/KOF02UM
  • 0ldskool0ldskool is oldsk00l. 0_o? Joined: Posts: 97
    i own a wii solely for THIS game (and now netflix, lol). if you are a hardcore sf fan, get it.
    wii TvC -> 5071-0618-7691 PS3 -> O-l-dSk00l - anytime >) http://www.team-decerto.net/
  • GojiguyGojiguy Joined: Posts: 14
    not to mention the entire SamSho series, KoF 94-98, FF series, etc...

And of course TvC is worth it. It's the most balanced Vs. game ever made (and is looking to keep that title for a long time) and is one of the most ridiculous and liberal fighters out there. I've been playing MvC and MvC2 for years and I can honestly say TvC blows them both out of the water.

And makes SFIV look... dated.
    I disagree. SFIV may have some pretty bad character models, but the game as a whole looks better than TVC. Of course, that's not saying that TVC looks bad, cause it doesn't.

I also don't think it blows MVC1 out the water; that's a pretty good game. I will say it's more balanced than MVC2 though, and that's why I opted to pick it up. I wanted to get better but when you get up there at high-level, it's becomes a extensive meter game. You could say the same for MVC2, but that game doesn't have megacrash.
  • ZeldaMainerZeldaMainer Zelda mad good. Joined: Posts: 47
    Eh, I'd say it's worth it. It's overall a pretty ok game, but the wifi made me rage.
    "I'm going to release my full power magic into you, at point blank, so don't move, bitch."
  • RoyalFlushTZRoyalFlushTZ *Not a Ryu cosplayer! Joined: Posts: 1,449
    I wanted to get better but when you get up there at high-level, it's becomes a extensive meter game. You could say the same for MVC2, but that game doesn't have megacrash.
    It might be a good idea to get used to meter management now in TvC, since building meter is mostly based on delivering/taking damage and blocking in MvC3. Whiffed attacks in MvC2 made building meter a breeze, but TvC meters can go away pretty fast, especially when baiting meter usage with baited-and-blocked mega crash with proper punish is put into play.
    Thor/M.O.D.O.K/Viewtiful Joe
    Long live the Mighty THODOK! I do stick mods, too!
    youtube.com/RoyalFlush for TvC:UAS and T5DR vids