Buffalo, NY- We drink tears as liquid refreshment

Comments

• Akazukin ChaChaAkazukin ChaCha Rumble in the Tundra 7 Joined: Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    good turn out for tekken today, people are leveling up! thanks for everyone making it out for the tourney!
    Rumble in the Tundra 7- coming soon!
    Buffalo FGC- meeting every Weds 7pm-12am and Saturday 12pm-whenever @ http://gameonwny.com/
  • BloodspoorBloodspoor Joined: Posts: 349
    Yesterday was not my day. What a difference a week makes! I really wish I had more free time to dedicate to actual play with the crew. With all that said, I hope I can bring my A game next week. Never seen Juan loose zen quite like that before. Good shit all around.
  • djdjwdjdjw GGPO's son Joined: Posts: 281
    any tourneys with 3s in Buffalo comin up? is there a site that I can check on?
    Earned a free fightstick from that site ->... http://www.points2shop.com?ref=uin1352551523
  • ValeiValei Joined: Posts: 96
    Good shit yesterday guys. Sorry for yelling and going off but I really wanted to win. If any of you want to play online my PSN name is VaIei (it's a capital i not a lower case L). I usually play after 9pmish on week days. Hit me up online.
  • Giniro ShouraiGiniro Shourai The One-Handed Demon Joined: Posts: 690
    Fuck it, I'm gonna pick up TTT2 on PS3 too.

Is Calibur dead dead?
    XBL: Giniro Shourai
    UMvC3: Hulk/Vergil/Sentinel | SF4: Juri
    "Light and Dark are both extremes, only from the shadows can we see both sides."
  • GwynLovesMilkGwynLovesMilk Joined: Posts: 6,096
    Gonna be looking to play some AE this coming weekend yo.
    If you want to write a book you have to live a life that's worth sealing in ink.
  • KowtowRobinsonKowtowRobinson TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! Joined: Posts: 6,431
    Fuck it, I'm gonna pick up TTT2 on PS3 too.

Is Calibur dead dead?

It's because Juan is scared of me hurting his precious Hilde lol. Everyone gonna just be like "come play Tekken man, hurrrrr"

Man FUCK Tekken. THE SOUL STILL BURNS
    THE SOUL STILL BURNS
    "Light and Dark are both extremes, only from the shadows can we see both sides."
  • Akazukin ChaChaAkazukin ChaCha Rumble in the Tundra 7 Joined: Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Andy, Calibur isn't dead, you are just communicating with the wrong people :) Jon and I played after the Tekken tourney, we had a grand old time and realized how much you start to forget when you don't play on a near daily basis anymore. But we still play for sure, Juan does too, and will play on request.

Also we will be playing SC along side TTT2 in Tornto in two weeks for the major.
    Buffalo FGC- meeting every Weds 7pm-12am and Saturday 12pm-whenever @ http://gameonwny.com/
    Yeah I still play Calibur. TTT2 and SCV are probably the only fighting games I will play competitively from now on. I'm taking a bit of break this week though to fully beat RE6 and dig into the new Pokemon. I will be at PNT for fighters as usual though.
    Yeah I still play Calibur. TTT2 and SCV are probably the only fighting games I will play competitively from now on. I'm taking a bit of break this week though to fully beat RE6 and dig into the new Pokemon. I will be at PNT for fighters as usual though.

If I show up next week are you gonna play me with your Hilde or not? I've beaten your Patroklos with enough random characters now, either play me for real or just keep disrespecting me that's your choice, but let me know before I waste the gas money to come out there at least.
    Two things:
    [...]TTT2 and SCV are probably the only fighting games I will play competitively from now on.[...]
    This. I am at the point where I'm about ready to say "Fuck all 2D fighters." They just aren't much fun to me.
    [...]either play me for real or just keep disrespecting me that's your choice[...]
    I have lost count of how many times I've felt this way. Shit, it still feels like some are treating me as the Token Retard, rather than an actual fucking competitor.
    Kowtow: Last time I checked you quit playing Calibur competitively or any other fighting game for that matter. And I do play Patroklos for real, not out of disrespect for you. You could probably say that if I randomly picked Lexia or something but I don't. The only time I fight John with HIlde is against Nightmare because I HATE that match-up. John plays my Patroklos just as much as you do and he can vouch for that. But I really haven't touched the game much since TTT2 has dropped. Sooo yeah anyway I don't even see why you would even have a grudge after quitting. I'm at PNT every Saturday if you ever want to play.

Giniro: Stay cool man. Nobody thinks that of you.
    Yeah. Maybe you don't but can you honestly vouch for the rest of our crew?
    Kowtow: Last time I checked you quit playing Calibur competitively or any other fighting game for that matter. And I do play Patroklos for real, not out of disrespect for you. You could probably say that if I randomly picked Lexia or something but I don't. The only time I fight John with HIlde is against Nightmare because I HATE that match-up. John plays my Patroklos just as much as you do and he can vouch for that. But I really haven't touched the game much since TTT2 has dropped. Sooo yeah anyway I don't even see why you would even have a grudge after quitting. I'm at PNT every Saturday if you ever want to play.

I directly asked you to play your main against me and you wouldn't do it, and all I got out of you for a reason was "don't worry about it." I take that as disrespect. If you're workin on trying to make your Patroklos good then whatever, but I go and ask you to play Hilde and you refuse? That's disrespectful.

I'm not gonna play you unless you play me with your main. Straight up.

Andy: For me, and we've talked about this before, I know that if I'm playing you and I NEED to land a hit, I just do a low sweep. I definitely try to make the game fun when we play, and I know that you're an intelligent dude and you know how the game works. But me playing you "seriously" would be hitting you where you're open, and that's doing a lot more lows than I normally would. And if I purposely hold off on doing that many lows, then I'm not really playing you seriously either.

I wouldn't dare say it's something you can't fix, given how much you've accomplished already. But it's a big time weakness in your game. So if you feel that I see you that way, it's definitely got nothing to do with you being retarded, because we all know you're not. But how you go about closing up that hole in your game, that's up to you. I honestly don't know the solution.
    Can we keep the emofest '98 out of our thread please? thats what pm's, texing and facebook are for...

If anyone wants to play games vs anyone, you show up on Saturdays and play. If you want a specific challenge or to practice vs something very specific like 'someone's best', YOU ASK THEM. Instead of feeling disrespected by someone not using their main, why don't you realize that some people wanna play characters that they are working on improving and/or trying them out? (it's CASUALS!) If you lose to vanilla stuff like that, then you have no business complain if someone doesn't use their best on you all the time.

Anyhoo, Saturday coming up should be a pretty packed house, lots of training for Toronto.
    Kowtow: You take everything too personally man. I don't even know who your main is anymore and you banned your self from playing on stick so you would be at even greater disadvantage. I mean common now, what are you trying to prove? If you want to start playing again you need to put your ego aside and just play the games. No one is holding you back but yourself. You said you quit fighting games so what does it matter if you fight my Hilde or not? Why should I compete with someone that isn't competing? You keep switching sides. If your in it to compete I'll play you with whoever you want. If you're only playing casually then it doesn't fucking matter. And before you get angry at me just remember you do these things to yourself. Watching you quit was last thing i wanted to see. But that's your choice and I respected that. If you want to start up again that's cool we can start playing like we used too. It's never too late to turn things around.
    Andy: [snip]
    Kowtow: That comment wasn't towards you specifically, but the crew in general. Hell, you are one of the few who I know don't see/treat me as the Token Retard. You call me out when I get stuck in my mental Sieg traps/patterns.

That said, you do have valid points. My defense against lows, as well as throws, is almost non-existant, regardless of the game. As for the solution, there's only one. Practice. I have 2 problems: 1) I can never see the lows, and 2) my reaction time is too slow when I do see them. Both of these can be rectified with practice.
  • TWK?TWK? Joined: Posts: 101
    Obligatory reply. Andy, I hit at you hard for sure, double Law powers activate! WATAH!!!

Or... creepy blind/mute/bondage powers... do something... "hhghhghhghh"
    i dont know who andy is referring to, to be honest. no ever refers to him as anything other than a dude in the crew, and at some point a LOT of us have worked with him to get him better and understand whats wrong. Some people aren't good at expressing their opinion or teaching offline, and andy, cut some dudes some slack man, some guys don't know how to react and treat certain situations like yours because they have never been exposed to it, but it doesn't mean they disrespect you. These kids are just showing up for casuals and to hang out, they arent all competitors looking to improve the same way some of us are.
    I'll let you guys know something right now. Bitching like that **see above** is the best way to kill your community, or at the very least hold it back. Michigan had that problem for the largest amount of time until a few key community members brought everyone together for the greater good and to make everyone level up extremely quickly. You guys have a consistent place to play, you just need to do it well.

I'll be there this Saturday to look for some AE games and to try and help out, I'd love it if the players going to compete in Canada in AE would show up, sadly, I don't have a passport or enhanced ID, but I wanna motivate and help out as much as I can while coming into the new community as a virgin.

Do you guys play on 360 or PS3? If it's PS3 I'll need to borrow a stick. If someone could be so kind as to loan me a spare one for the day while I'm there that'd be awesome. Do you guys plan on starting up any ranbats or anything of the sort?

Play. Learn. Adapt. Prosper. This is a community, make sure it keeps running like one :)
    If you want to write a book you have to live a life that's worth sealing in ink.
    you banned your self from playing on stick so you would be at even greater disadvantage

You know that's not the reason I started playing pad. Do you want me borrowing your stick after Toronto? I don't think so. I wouldn't put anyone in that position after what I did. Could I walk into PnT this Saturday and find someone to loan me a stick for PS3? Probably, but I don't think that's right after what I did.

It isn't about being competitive, not competitive, going to tournaments, whatever. I made a pretty simple request, and you couldn't do that for me. It would have been just as easy to play Hilde. I dunno why you were doin that, if you were tryin to prove a point or whatever. But when all you can give me for a reason to deny my request is "don't worry about it" then I take that as disrespect. I'm askin you to do somethin for me, and you show me that you really don't give a fuck. How hard would it have been to just play Hilde, honestly?

Andy: if you're serious about practicing all that, make sure you figure out some method to get aGA out. I'm not sure how, because it has to be done so fast. But Sieg isn't Sieg in this game without it. If you look at the way Pyro plays, his stance mixups are pretty limited. Everything he does is based around controlling space while giving himself frame advantage with moves like aGA and Chief Hold B.
  • GuyofkailleraGuyofkaillera A.K.A. Jug/Gou 37 Joined: Posts: 770
    soooooo... I guess you guys don't care to hear what happened in boston?.... no?... >_>....

AIM / XBL: Guyofkaillera / MSN: Guyofkaillera@hotmail.com
    SF4: Guy, E.Ryu, Gouken, Oni / SFXT: LarsxGuy, RavenxJin / TTT2: Jinpachi X Jun
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GouzInstrumentals?feature=mhee
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000777552583
    I care Jug, i was gonna message you on aim and forgot!

Please tell stories that don't involve any of the BS above Jugs post :)

Also those who went to SB, tell stories mang!
    soooooo... I guess you guys don't care to hear what happened in boston?.... no?... >_>....

Oh! So you're the Jug I've heard about, please come and play Saturday if you can! ^_^

And hell yes tell us stories!
    I wanna hear what happened to you guys at SB:A aswell, let's hear them!

Also, you guys can feel free to add me on AIM at anytime. VeismPapaRhino
  • JonThe DonJonThe Don Joined: Posts: 298

Me and MarlinPie attempted to photobomb Gootecks. We failed.

Did you win? What was even happening in Boston, I thought SB was in Ohio this weekend? Competing majors?
    I will teach you fuckers how to play Street Fighter Saturday if you have problems, I will give advice to the best of my ability.

Please show up, I need the competition. Why have a decent sized scene if you guys can only have a few players at a competent level? Let's level up. Show up, please.

Once again, do you guys play on PS3 or 360? And what time should I show up?
  • TheliTheli Joined: Posts: 1,586
    PapaRhino, something tells me that you have a wrong impression of what many of us are about. And I don't think you understand what Giniro's concerns actually are.

Yeah. Come meet us and play. We need more street fighter players as there are very few of us left that are serious about the game. A lot of talent has either left town or moved on to other things. That is our biggest issue. Not any bitching or whatever.

People start coming in between 1 and 3. Consoles tend to be mostly PS3. Though 360s still show up. Best way to ensure a console of your choice is to bring it.

“That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”

PapaRhino, something tells me that you have a wrong impression of what many of us are about. And I don't think you understand what Giniro's concerns actually are.

Yeah. Come meet us and play. We need more street fighter players as there are very few of us left that are serious about the game. A lot of talent has either left town or moved on to other things. That is our biggest issue. Not any bitching or whatever.

People start coming in between 1 and 3. Consoles tend to be mostly PS3. Though 360s still show up. Best way to ensure a console of your choice is to bring it.
    I probably do, I just know that I've seen that kind of talk time and time again, I'm not making any judgments about the scene at all until I actually witness it myself.

I'll come by around 2 then probably. I don't have a PS3 stick yet so I'll hope for the best to borrow one, and don't own any consoles at the moment, I'm not lugging my PC to PnT either :lol:
    Well on that count papa, we've heard your kind of talk many times before too :) Lots of new guys to the scene think that we don't try anything to get competition going and that we never try to get people to come here. When you meet us, talking out the trials and tribulations of the past will be much easier than typing it LOL.

I say come in and beat everyone in SF hardbody. If you manage that, it may get some competitive blood flowing back in some people's veins. If you don't, just try your best not to fade away like the rest of the newcomers. Also PnT has some nice PCs of you need :)

After all your build up talk, I will be pretty let down if you aren't scraping everyone but Jug. So don't come in with that 'im outta practice' talk either, you have the week to bring your game back to A -form.

Can people make sure Tierro and Des make their way to PnT, need to get all our SF players to shake off the dust.
    Well on that count papa, we've heard your kind of talk many times before too :) Lots of new guys to the scene think that we don't try anything to get competition going and that we never try to get people to come here. When you meet us, talking out the trials and tribulations of the past will be much easier than typing it LOL.

I say come in and beat everyone in SF hardbody. If you manage that, it may get some competitive blood flowing back in some people's veins. If you don't, just try your best not to fade away like the rest of the newcomers. Also PnT has some nice PCs of you need :)

After all your build up talk, I will be pretty let down if you aren't scraping everyone but Jug. So don't come in with that 'im outta practice' talk either, you have the week to bring your game back to A -form.

Can people make sure Tierro and Des make their way to PnT, need to get all our SF players to shake off the dust.
    I woke up and this is the first thing I read. I'm going to be in a fucking amazing mood all day long. Yesssss. This is the type of reply I was looking for :)

I'll see what I can do, I won't make any excuses, the last tournament I went to was Final Round this year and I was one game from Top 32, lost to some ATL local Blanka player when I was playing Seth, I didn't know that Blanka U2 (Anti-Air version) could hit people on the ground, I did a meaty c.LP and he Ultra'd me for 80 percent in one hit. Salty.

I'm looking for those hardbody 5-0 stomps, trust me. But if they don't happen and I get my ass beat, I'm sure as hell not going anywhere, I need the FGC no matter where I live. Humble me. I'll bring my A-Game. Learning to plink just for you guys :lol:
  • arrow123arrow123 Joined: Posts: 92
    Yea I'll be there lol.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
  • GuyofkailleraGuyofkaillera A.K.A. Jug/Gou 37 Joined: Posts: 770
    BIG T!!! ^^^^ he got dat work in SF4 for ya'll to!

boston was cool. I barely made top 8. weaksauce gave me dat work. I actually got mind fucked because I had the life lead in the first match. I went for chip using EX houzanto and he reacted ultra punished and killed me O_O *facepalm.

I got to play kreymore in casuals and hung with him and sanford for a minute..... for the record, sandord is one of the funniest dudes ever Is swear... lmao
    AIM / XBL: Guyofkaillera / MSN: Guyofkaillera@hotmail.com
    SF4: Guy, E.Ryu, Gouken, Oni / SFXT: LarsxGuy, RavenxJin / TTT2: Jinpachi X Jun
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GouzInstrumentals?feature=mhee
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000777552583
  • arrow123arrow123 Joined: Posts: 92
    Jug,
    "We gone get this work" lol
    good shit jug, im glad you are still holding it down in SF, top 8 ain't no joke. This week should be a great level up saturday for T13. We should be rolling pretty thick for that, at least 3 cars.
    cmon mannnnnn get some damn posts going in here...why is everyone slacking on the talking and matchmaking?
  • NoonieNoonie Professor Joined: Posts: 237
    I will teach you fuckers how to play Street Fighter Saturday
    Hold on hold on hold on hold on
    :::Pushes jug out of the way:::
    Naw man. Those are fighting words. I want first blood.
    All I play is SF.
    I will make a detour this weekend just to show ya'll I aint dead.
    Oh by the way I come bearing a gift.
    Pause @ :37 and look to the left in the backround. Surprise!!
    "They call him Boss. They call him Boss. Boss N***a!"
  • TheliTheli Joined: Posts: 1,586
    Random

“That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”

Hold on hold on hold on hold on
    :::Pushes jug out of the way:::
    Naw man. Those are fighting words. I want first blood.
    All I play is SF.
    I will make a detour this weekend just to show ya'll I aint dead.
    Come get some.

Question, what are this scene's biggest flaws as a whole when it comes to SF4? Jug? Thoughts?