Buffalo, NY- We drink tears as liquid refreshment

Comments

• GuyofkailleraGuyofkaillera A.K.A. Jug/Gou 37 Joined: Posts: 770
    Can we keep the emofest '98 out of our thread please? thats what pm's, texing and facebook are for...

If anyone wants to play games vs anyone, you show up on Saturdays and play. If you want a specific challenge or to practice vs something very specific like 'someone's best', YOU ASK THEM. Instead of feeling disrespected by someone not using their main, why don't you realize that some people wanna play characters that they are working on improving and/or trying them out? (it's CASUALS!) If you lose to vanilla stuff like that, then you have no business complain if someone doesn't use their best on you all the time.....

REAL TALK!!!! *claps

but yeah, I won't say what the "issues" are with the scene. I'll tell you the behaviors that players exihibit at times that I dislike:

- "What am I doing wrong?" I hate hearin this! too general of a question to ask, especially if one is a borderline scrub that doesn't really understand the basic fundamentals of the game. / people don't ask specific enough questions, like how moves work, why I am doing a certain movement ect ect. I learn better when I learn specifics. I take small peices of info by word of mouth, forums; guides or by studying and experimenting with whats goin on on the screen. I observe how others play and I ask myself if the character I use can duplicate a similair strat and work; tweek things in my favor so it could work for me. I have a more proactive approach to learning a game then those who rely on others to tell them everything

- "How do I beat you?" ughgh... that’s for you to figure out! besides, I can only offer little advice in that regard because, you know.. Its not every day I get to fight myself lol

- frame data and similar info is important to know imo, but I think alot of people base their game only off of that info, instead of actually experience in experimenting / sometimes you gotta FEEL things out. Learn how to gain and maintain momentum. learn rhythm. make educated guesses, take risks! when I do wake up shoryu with no meter it's because I had a FEELING you might do it, based on your attack pattern. When you play you have to take ALL these things into account. like if you throw a person 2 or 3 times in a row, and they are down to 10 percent life and have 2 bars and ultra meter built. when they wake up, its safe to assume that the person might go for a FADC ultra! they need that damage.. now when I backdash right before you reversal and punish as you come down, don't ask me how I knew.. again I had a feeling

- then some people just can't take advice, even if they ask for it. I had to argue with a few people on what’s better options for so and so situation and it's like, all of a sudden they can't trust what I say, because I'm not a "top" player.. despite the fact that I just 20-0'd a mofo lol.

- and fuckin hate it when people punish with link combos! if its for max punish cool, but I think it's better to sacrifice a sliver of damage to accommodate the possibility of not executing , especially if you got like 2 or 3 links in one combo and your tryna steal the round for the win. I really shake my head at people when they coulda just did F+HP, mash shoryu, FADC ultra.. when they are tryna do. F+HP, cr.mp, cr.hp fireball, FADC, cr.mk EX tatsu, ultra in corner. I'll have like 30 % life left and they'll end up droppin the combo midway through and then lose the round. Just get in there.. do a simple 2+frame link, chain into special super FADC ultra w/e, GET THE DAMAGE and call it a day! of course.. if you got the execution of a god, then by all means ignore everything I said =)
    AIM / XBL: Guyofkaillera / MSN: Guyofkaillera@hotmail.com
    SF4: Guy, E.Ryu, Gouken, Oni / SFXT: LarsxGuy, RavenxJin / TTT2: Jinpachi X Jun
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GouzInstrumentals?feature=mhee
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000777552583
  • TheliTheli Joined: Posts: 1,586
    That post was a long time coming. :D

“That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”

• KowtowRobinsonKowtowRobinson TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! Joined: Posts: 6,429
    REAL TALK!!!! *claps

No really though some of y'all need to take this to heart if you still care about competing

tumblr_maq77ecMHG1qejf6u.gif
  • LexaenLexaen Joined: Posts: 337
    I am still of the opinion that I am great at street fighter and can beat anyone while having not played for the past 4 months. New guy, you goin down. Rusty me will be passing out beatdowns after I get out of work at 6 on Saturday. We should do food afterward too, as per I haven't see everyone in a long long time. WAT FOOD WE DO????

ps no escape

also you guys should come get flu shots from me
    I am still of the opinion that I am great at street fighter and can beat anyone while having not played for the past 4 months. New guy, you goin down. Rusty me will be passing out beatdowns after I get out of work at 6 on Saturday. We should do food afterward too, as per I haven't see everyone in a long long time. WAT FOOD WE DO????

ps no escape

also you guys should come get flu shots from me

You're actually showing up on a Saturday? Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa

Jasmine's after? I can't afford to go too crazy.
    124uf02.png

I ain't even mad tho
  • Akazukin ChaChaAkazukin ChaCha Rumble in the Tundra 7 Joined: Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dear lord Jug, you finally said some shit that you needed to say, MUCH APPRECIATED!

After you guys rape Paparhino and make him quit fighters,... we SHOULD take him out somewhere good for food, ya know? To make him feel better. So count on that.
    Rumble in the Tundra 7- coming soon!
    Buffalo FGC- meeting every Weds 7pm-12am and Saturday 12pm-whenever @ http://gameonwny.com/
  • NoonieNoonie Professor Joined: Posts: 237
    It would be funny if PapaRhino is a phantom account made by Brian to get us to show up by talking shit about SF. Very clever if this is the case.
    "They call him Boss. They call him Boss. Boss N***a!"
    It would be funny if PapaRhino is a phantom account made by Brian to get us to show up by talking shit about SF. Very clever if this is the case.

It's not, he's all up in the LoL thread in General Discussion. It's a real dude. No idea what his background in SF is, so go play him.
  • GwynLovesMilkGwynLovesMilk Joined: Posts: 6,096
    Like I said, come get some. I have over 10k posts and I've been here since 2009. :P

You can Youtube "paparhino" and "tfa paparhino" and you'll find results, some good, a lot of bad.
    If you want to write a book you have to live a life that's worth sealing in ink.
    Like I said, come get some. I have over 10k posts and I've been here since 2009. :P
    Im sure you do "not Brian".
    ^ LOL!! that shit would be funny as hell!!!! but he's a real dude, he friended me on fb lol
  • Akazukin ChaChaAkazukin ChaCha Rumble in the Tundra 7 Joined: Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Man, he's so OG... he signed up way back in 2009...
    Buffalo FGC- meeting every Weds 7pm-12am and Saturday 12pm-whenever @ http://gameonwny.com/
    Man, he's so OG... he signed up way back in 2009...
    LOL

Vanilla Sf4 = OG!!!!

Where we thinking for grub tomorrow?
    If you want to write a book you have to live a life that's worth sealing in ink.
    Its a surprise, rest assured you haven't been there.
    Oh no....not THAT place!!!!!...........(I have no idea where they're going)
    why the hell dont you come around anymore....BTW?
  • EX ProfoundsadnessEX Profoundsadness This is Bushinryu. Joined: Posts: 147
    So yeah, about being competitive and shit. Who wants to get some Tekken in? Btw, soon enough I'mma start doing online money matches via paypal.
    SSF4/AE: a meh Guy, a mediocre Ryu, and Sir Thomas Hawk.
    3s: Ken, Ryu, Remy VF5: Eileen, Jacky, Lei Fei Tekken 3: Hwoarang
    lol you don't need to pay me to play you Will, just hit me up!
    online money matches via paypal.
    Worst idea in all of the worlds, ever. :lol:

I should be taking FT3 for $5 at PnT in AE today aswell. And about food, I'm excited, I haven't had anything in the Tonawanda area. Ever since I moved away from Norcal earlier this year I've been craving some damn Shumai.
    Worst idea in all of the worlds, ever. :lol:
    I don't remember asking you a goddamn thing.
    I don't remember asking you a goddamn thing.
    I don't remember you asking anybody in particular anything at all :lol: Why so hostile? People have opinions, I'm just saying that 99 percent of people aren't going to take you up on some laggy ass USA connection Paypal money matches.
  • JonThe DonJonThe Don Joined: Posts: 298
    I got work today, but if anything is going on after games today let me know!
    So yeah, about being competitive and shit. Who wants to get some Tekken in? Btw, soon enough I'mma start doing online money matches via paypal.

That's almost assuredly a terrible idea to just do peer to peer. I think I heard about some gaming wager website a while back I might look into that. But consider that if you make someone salty, and there aren't a lot of people around to keep them honest, what incentive do they really have to pay you? You're gonna get of "yo man yea it's comin yo chill out."
    The plan isn't doing this with randoms, I'm talking about keeping it among people we know. Tbh, I really just want to see how I'd do against some of you guys. But I know you Buffalo cats, no one goes hard unless someone has that Mighty Taco money on the line.
    The plan isn't doing this with randoms, I'm talking about keeping it among people we know. Tbh, I really just want to see how I'd do against some of you guys. But I know you Buffalo cats, no one goes hard unless someone has that Mighty Taco money on the line.

Yeah I feel you man, I was just hopin you weren't gonna go money matching random people lol.

As for the rest of Buffalo, it's like that? Y'all just gonna go out for food without me? OK then, if it's like that, then that's how it is. Whatever.
    GGs tonight guys, sorry I didn't come out for dinner with you all, gotta get that girlfriend time, you guys have a really nice atmosphere and I should be there at least bi-weekly. :)

Shoutouts to Jugs for being a complete monster compared to everyone else. Tony has a patient Balrog. Arrow, I need to buffer DP against you then you should be free, you waste so much meter FADCing LP shoulders it's not even funny, fun stuff playing you though. GGs Noonie, it was a lot of fun fucking around with other characters with you. GGs Phil. GGs anyone else I played in SF. :)

Marvel though...what the fuck did I play tonight? I haven't played that game since Feb. of this year and I still won quite a few of my matches playing absolutely horribly and I felt only one person was playing at a much higher level than me. We need to work on you guys. I wanna get a console just to show you guys how to do dat work. GGs though, I wanna tighten up my game in that for sure, we'll do work.

Tekken looked like a lot of fun but I was so engrossed with playing the other Big Two that I didn't get a chance to throw down, I'm pretty uncomfortable with playing it without a console, at least I've touched Marvel 3 before.
    Haha Rhino, you kinda looked mediocre from what I observed in everything. Also before you talk shit about 'teaching' Marvel, you should learn to distinguish between the casual kids who play for fun and the competitive players there :) Unfortunately some of the guys who come through on saturdays are just there to hang out and have fun, often progressing slowly if at all. Ryan is probably the best player that rolls through this place nowadays and Eric is the up there with him, I don't think you played either.
    Glad to have you on board, hopefully we see you in there pushing players to get better more often than not, you haven't played even close to everyone yet, some people didn't show.
  • TWK?TWK? Joined: Posts: 101
    I think even Ryan would yell at you for saying that he is better than me at Marvel lol I just Snopes'd that shit, total urban legend :p

Also, that song is godlike Brian lol.
    PapaRhino did play me in Marvel, shit was so free. Like, I only used less than a third of my tricks, and it was deer-in-headlights lol. Should've just started Spencer point and only done my zip setup, it'll probably be a couple years before he blocks it ;)
    I think even Ryan would yell at you for saying that he is better than me at Marvel lol I just Snopes'd that shit, total urban legend :p

Also, that song is godlike Brian lol.
    PapaRhino did play me in Marvel, shit was so free. Like, I only used less than a third of my tricks, and it was deer-in-headlights lol. Should've just started Spencer point and only done my zip setup, it'll probably be a couple years before he blocks it ;)
    Yeah, I got fucked hard. Good shit. I need to buy a console.
    haha eric, all i remember is ryan beating you the last time i watched. It's only ok to say you are sandbagging by picking shitty teams if you WIN in my book lol, sorry I didn't realize you were elaboratly trolling my simple question on the day you last played of "who won?".

MY BAD DAWG!

and yea that song needs to be a part of people's lives.
  • tear their braces outtear their braces out Joined: Posts: 85
    yo everybody!! if your interested in my gamertag is "birthzombie" so add if ya want
  • tigerboymactigerboymac Joined: Posts: 109
    GGs tonight guys, sorry I didn't come out for dinner with you all, gotta get that girlfriend time, you guys have a really nice atmosphere and I should be there at least bi-weekly. :)

Shoutouts to Jugs for being a complete monster compared to everyone else. Tony has a patient Balrog. Arrow, I need to buffer DP against you then you should be free, you waste so much meter FADCing LP shoulders it's not even funny, fun stuff playing you though. GGs Noonie, it was a lot of fun fucking around with other characters with you. GGs Phil. GGs anyone else I played in SF. :)

Marvel though...what the fuck did I play tonight? I haven't played that game since Feb. of this year and I still won quite a few of my matches playing absolutely horribly and I felt only one person was playing at a much higher level than me. We need to work on you guys. I wanna get a console just to show you guys how to do dat work. GGs though, I wanna tighten up my game in that for sure, we'll do work.

Tekken looked like a lot of fun but I was so engrossed with playing the other Big Two that I didn't get a chance to throw down, I'm pretty uncomfortable with playing it without a console, at least I've touched Marvel 3 before.

Ive decided to put my two cents in lol. Ok if you really felt that anyone was free or that they could be free in given circumstances why didnt you money match like you said you would? You clearly underestimated our group and now your casting yourself into the circle of theory champs. The "if Only I, Im gonna next time, i just gotta" team. Constructive criticism is a must if any decides to grow but not one asked you how bad they are so theres no reason to tell them. And if you expose everyone then trust me more people WILL even bother to pay attention to your matches. But my whole point is dont be a internet warrior, say it wit yo chest next time lol
    Ive decided to put my two cents in lol. Ok if you really felt that anyone was free or that they could be free in given circumstances why didnt you money match like you said you would? You clearly underestimated our group and now your casting yourself into the circle of theory champs. The "if Only I, Im gonna next time, i just gotta" team. Constructive criticism is a must if any decides to grow but not one asked you how bad they are so theres no reason to tell them. And if you expose everyone then trust me more people WILL even bother to pay attention to your matches. But my whole point is dont be a internet warrior, say it wit yo chest next time lol
    I said I would be taking money matches, not asking for them, I had cash on me, all you guys had to do was ask. And yeah, I did underestimate you guys, that's a good thing. And no, I'm not trying to be a theory champ, I got my ass kicked by a few people, no excuses. Guess I'll remember to say it with my chest next time.

Look, someone said "this is the most people we've had in a long time". I credit that to my shit-talk, I wanted to fire you guys up to play. I was hella nice to everyone in person, if I beat you or got stomped 0-10, or stomped you 10-0. All I want is for this community to grow. I don't like seeing Arrow near the end of the night playing PSN matches while Jug sat around and watched marvel, if I had a PS3 stick I would be playing for 6 hours straight at any station I could touch.

Keep coming out. Keep playing. Get better. I know I will be.
    So planning for T13 everyone, this is a list of players interested in going (that I know of):

Me, Zach, Jon, Jon, Juan, Jessie?, Jug, Eric, Ryan?

It'd be super swag if we all coordinated and devised a plan as a community for this, maybe decide to get a room at the venue? If not we can always hear people's thoughts. I know Jug and Eric already had their own plans, because we haven't been vocal enough about who else is going. So let's see if we all can work something out, or just work something out for the rest of us minus Jug and Eric.

If push came to shove and nothing works for the group as a whole, we could just always drive home and back for day 2... But that is a last resort.

We have too many to ask someone in TO that we know to crash. So we either need to find a hotel or stay at the venue hotel. So please discus the options and figure out carpools so no man gets left behind.

http://torontotoptiers.com/tekken/t13-toronto-series-championships-oct-13th-14th/
    I don't like seeing Arrow near the end of the night playing PSN matches while Jug sat around and watched marvel, if I had a PS3 stick I would be playing for 6 hours straight at any station I could touch.

well if you can do that, more power to you. Me? I can't play a game for 6 hrs straight. after a min I start gettin bored and tired of playing lol. I usually come late so I won't
    burn out by the end of the night.

and let me tell ya'll some more things that I hate about players in the fighting game community. It seems that people are only inspired and motivated by negativity. Some rude ass mofo comes through and says a bunch of shit, gets everybody riled up and then all of a sudden everybody feels like they got somethin to prove.
    this is the 2nd time this has happen and it ain't cool. why can't people just stfu and play? why can't we be inspired just by the pure spirit of competition and a want to be better than the person your playing?

we might not be top notch players of extraordinary skill in w/e game, but at least all of us are actually friends. to me? this is deeper than just a bunch of people that hook up to play games together... this is friendship! introduce negativity and drama whatever way into what we got goin it will actually kill it...

with that said... I ain't feelin this at all! shit is beyond corny and wack and at the end of the day your just gonna look like an asshole, and I don't fuck with assholes.
    if I can't be your friend, I don't wanna play you either. I refuse to associate myself with disrespectful people. and I not just directing this at rhino, I'm speakin in general to, cause I see this throughout the FGC and it's tired

as far toronto goes, I'm going to keep to my original plan. yes, it is a hostel that I am staying at...
    I only need to stay 1 night. I wanna minimize costs of this tourney as much as possible. I'm guaranteed a bed to sleep in and it's only 30 bucks for the night. Its right down the street from the venue so I'll be around regardless if people wanna hang out and do things after festivities. I can fit a couple more people in my car so you guys can consider that as far as the car pooling situation goes (but pack light, no space in trunk for heavy luggage) If Eric doesn't want to stay with me thats fine, I'll just pay the 30 bucks by myself lol
    [quote="Guyofkaillera, post: 7578366, member: 6720"
    and let me tell ya'll some more things that I hate about players in the fighting game community. It seems that people are only inspired and motivated by negativity. Some rude ass mofo comes through and says a bunch of shit, gets everybody riled up and then all of a sudden everybody feels like they got somethin to prove.
    this is the 2nd time this has happen and it ain't cool. why can't people just stfu and play? why can't we be inspired just by the pure spirit of competition and a want to be better than the person your playing?
    This. This. This. THIS.

I don't like being an asshole, I don't like talking a ton of shit. But it's how the FGC tends to work, someone new comes in and talks shit and fires everyone up to make them hungry. I would love to have been able to come in here and see "oh hey a new guy let's all play him and start playing more and get better and be chill as fuck". But that's not how it works, sadly enough, I hear "nobody plays that game anymore and one guy dominates the entire scene" The fuck is that? :(

we might not be top notch players of extraordinary skill in w/e game, but at least all of us are actually friends. to me? this is deeper than just a bunch of people that hook up to play games together... this is friendship! introduce negativity and drama whatever way into what we got goin it will actually kill it...

with that said... I ain't feelin this at all! shit is beyond corny and wack and at the end of the day your just gonna look like an asshole, and I don't fuck with assholes.
    if I can't be your friend, I don't wanna play you either. I refuse to associate myself with disrespectful people. and I not just directing this at rhino, I'm speakin in general to, cause I see this throughout the FGC and it's tired

I like this attitude a lot. And I only wanted to talk shit to get people to come out and play me, I didn't want to feel like I was wasting my time to come out and play one or two people. I was happy with the turnout this week and I'll be there as much as I can while juggling the rest of my life and practicing.
    [/quote]

Replies are in quotes. I don't want to be an asshole, ect. I will show up next timeall smiles, and ready to make some friendships.
  • JonThe DonJonThe Don Joined: Posts: 298
    So planning for T13 everyone, this is a list of players interested in going (that I know of):

Me, Zach, Jon, Jon, Juan, Jessie?, Jug, Eric, Ryan?

It'd be super swag if we all coordinated and devised a plan as a community for this, maybe decide to get a room at the venue? If not we can always hear people's thoughts. I know Jug and Eric already had their own plans, because we haven't been vocal enough about who else is going. So let's see if we all can work something out, or just work something out for the rest of us minus Jug and Eric.

If push came to shove and nothing works for the group as a whole, we could just always drive home and back for day 2... But that is a last resort.

We have too many to ask someone in TO that we know to crash. So we either need to find a hotel or stay at the venue hotel. So please discus the options and figure out carpools so no man gets left behind.

http://torontotoptiers.com/tekken/t13-toronto-series-championships-oct-13th-14th/

As of right now, I can only go for the first day. If that changes I will post up.