Buffalo, NY- We drink tears as liquid refreshment

Comments

• XDaiKonXXDaiKonX Joined: Posts: 461
    i can bring a 13 inch

aaawww yyeeahhh kyle.
    Buffalo Casuals and Weekly Ranbats. HQ 60fps 1500kbs stream. Saturdays 5pm-Whenever.
    http://www.justin.tv/celestein
  • BigRichezBigRichez Sad Jon is sad. Joined: Posts: 377
    I'll try and shoot for games today. Who is still playin that BB jump off or has it already jumped out?
    :(
  • BlackandRedBlackandRed Buffalo's Yokozuna Joined: Posts: 517
    Hey guys - I'm way behind in reading this thread but here are a few reasons to not do single sets -

1 - It's not the tournament format.
    2 - Encourages gimmicks, random ultras, etc
    3 - We have to keep track of more wins - do you want to count 100 tally marks?

But hey, lets try it both ways, see what we like.
    On E. Honda - "You can hit the wall, but the wall doesn't give a shit."
  • CelesteinCelestein Joined: Posts: 421
    I'll try and shoot for games today. Who is still playin that BB jump off or has it already jumped out?

Yeah, everyone's still playing it.
    Mark Twain: To commit suicide in Buffalo is redundant.
  • TheliTheli Joined: Posts: 1,586
    I still play BB:CS. Tsubaki is just plain fun. Though I doubt I'll ever try to be truly competitive in that game.

As to the objections to single sets:

1. True
    2. Well, tournaments are going to have shit like that as well. Better to learn how to deal with it more reliably.
    3. The console already keeps track of win streaks. So when someone loses, just take note of the number before it disappears.

“That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”

• zerofxizerofxi thug probe! Joined: Posts: 540
    yeah i'm still down to play BB:CS, but just like phil said i don't think i'll ever care to be good in that game haha, i'll still play it for fun for sure.

just take a vote at the barcade for single or bo3. honestly both have their pros and cons.

IMO you guys shouldn't start the king of the machine event till there are a good amount of people. i know that me and jeff gonna be a bit later than some of you guys showing up @ 3.
  • berserkotaku45berserkotaku45 winter is coming Joined: Posts: 1,333
    yeah i wont be there til like 6, hopefully a good amount of ppl show up for it. or we will have to run saturdays at chas every once and awhile
  • Rsnake91Rsnake91 Joined: Posts: 817
    deicded not to go i dont have the gas nor the money for food at all to be traveling, and i dont wanna bug my parents for money since they are strapped for money as well because of me. sry.
    SSFIV:AE2012 - Cammy, Ryu
    SF3s - Ryu
    HDR - Ryu
  • Akazukin ChaChaAkazukin ChaCha Rumble in the Tundra Joined: Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm gonna roll with Kyle at 5ish. I found 2 xb/gc2ps2 converters and i will leave them at the barcade for general use.
    buffalofgc.com - weekly ranking battles
    Buffalo FGC- meeting every Weds 7pm-12am and Saturday 12pm-whenever @ http://gameonwny.com/
    also cha informed me that my stick as not at his place( t5 ps2 stick) it might be at the barcarde or so0meone might have grabbed it by accident
  • Rsnake91Rsnake91 Joined: Posts: 817
    i have it still since NEC.
    SSFIV:AE2012 - Cammy, Ryu
    SF3s - Ryu
    HDR - Ryu
  • Akazukin ChaChaAkazukin ChaCha Rumble in the Tundra Joined: Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So JS master has let me know that Wednesday night, he would like to come down and play, not only play, but play for some money. Aside from Jug, who wants to take this mans money?

He will post here with details, he said he will be in town around 7-8pm wednesday. I work till 830, so if we gonna do it at my place we will have to start at 9. Wanna just move game night for that week to wednesday?

cha cha
    buffalofgc.com - weekly ranking battles
    Buffalo FGC- meeting every Weds 7pm-12am and Saturday 12pm-whenever @ http://gameonwny.com/
    Hey guys, way to make that barcade poppin. Be proud Celes that place is really shaping up. It was great that we had people playing all sorts of games, even if they're broken till proven innocent =P

GGs to everyone I played yesterday. I had loads of great matches with a lot of people, Phil, Des, the Ps, Jug, good shit.

A couple of thoughts on King of the Machine -

I think there is a huge advantage to the guy on a streak at the machine. It's not just the momentum he gets from winning either. Everyone goes off and plays other games, and then sits down to play sf4 right away. They come in cold - maybe its not a big factor but I bet it contributed.

To fix this, I'm not sure what to do. Maybe no one's ever gonna go on a big streak again, but we might need a new rule. Say, you run through your group (once, possibly twice so people get a shot to beat the guy they lost to) then you simply go to the back of the rotation. You have enough wins to be safe anyway. Maybe that ruins the spirit, you guys decide. It kinda seems unfair that one guy plays 20 matches or whatever, and the others play 4. Maybe that's just part of it? Did you guys do it again? How'd it go?

Last thing, special shoutout to Phil for being totally beastly. You're really improving man.

Last last thing - A big MAYBE on Wed night. I'm thinking about going, same with Jeff3. I'm just not huge on MMs.
    Thanks for the compliments...

Unfortunately, after you left people didn't seem up to continuing the rotation. Nobody really knew what to do and certain people were getting too into tvc... So it pretty much became free for all after that.

I do think a rule to exempt a dominant player would probably be good. Two rotations and then back of the line sounds good. Then after that, one full rotation.

Another thing... people that are playing other games should be willing to just get up and take their turn right when it comes up. Unless we're planning on instituting a king of the machine for other games concurrently... I don't know.

Also, Celest... Maybe you might consider sacrificing a control pad and rewiring it for your settings? Yeah, you shouldn't need to... But I think it could help a little to keep things going smoothly...

I'd be interested in the wednesday thing. Not a fan of money matches either. But I'm sure that won't be all that's going on.

• KowtowRobinsonKowtowRobinson TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! Joined: Posts: 6,453
    All right since game night is switched to Wednesday, and Zach has an exam Thursday he's studying for, probably gonna have people over for some Teeken on Thursday night, not sure what time yet. Jug I know you were interested last week, so I'm givin you some advance notice lol, go take JS Master's money on Wednesday, and let me know if you're free Thursday.
  • LexaenLexaen Joined: Posts: 337
    I'll throw down 20 bucks on my brother in a best of 5 against JS, he's got a decent chance at beating him.
    I really wish i was in town for this. I'd like some redemption for mine and JS's last match.
    It couldn't get any worse at least.
    Buffalo Casuals and Weekly Ranbats. HQ 60fps 1500kbs stream. Saturdays 5pm-Whenever.
  • JS MasterJS Master FREE breakfast! Joined: Posts: 1,607
    yo sup buffalo... just like chacha said, i'll be in town weds night. i'll be accepting any MMs up to $50 in SF4. And i also play mvsc2, cvs2, 3s, A3 as well if u guys wanna play me in those games
    looking forward to play u guys again :woot:

ps. I'm gonna beast on jug dis time :wgrin:
    Can someone tell me who's the master?
  • GuyofkailleraGuyofkaillera A.K.A. Jug/Gou 37 Joined: Posts: 770
    haha! A3? I'll play you in that to! I call my self Guyofkaillera for a reason *winks

but yeah I'll be there to play, but it'll be strictly casual for me. As you already know I don't do money matches,
    but I'm sure someone is willing to bet with you if you insist on doing so. Also I just picked up Fei-Long, I'm curious
    to see how he does against your Bal
    AIM / XBL: Guyofkaillera / MSN: Guyofkaillera@hotmail.com
    SF4: Guy, E.Ryu, Gouken, Oni / SFXT: LarsxGuy, RavenxJin / TTT2: Jinpachi X Jun
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GouzInstrumentals?feature=mhee
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000777552583
  • KowtowRobinsonKowtowRobinson TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! Joined: Posts: 6,453
    but I'm sure someone is willing to bet with you if you insist on doing so.

LOL no secret as to who that is, my man be HUSTLIN when it comes to people tryin to bet against Jug. Get money.
    i'll be down aswell.

also about the king of the machine thing. the whole point is to have that momentum especially see as sf4 is so based off of that. what i think we can do to solve this problem is have atleast one casual sf4 station so that the people who are waiting can still play until then. also i would really like that once you are called for your math you go reguardless of what game you are playing or how close the match is to ending
  • zerofxizerofxi thug probe! Joined: Posts: 540
    IMO the bo1 was just too much. a bo3 would be better.

edit: also instead of making it timed. how about we do it as X amount of rotations we go through.

as an example, the groups run through 3 rotations. so each player gets to play 3 losses. this allows equal chances to everyone instead of just cutting it short.

edit: actually scratch that. then something's gotta be done if player gets on a hot streak like jeff did.. maybe like everytime all the other players get rotated for one loss. the winner who ran through the set also gets -1 loss. this prevents everyone having 3 losses while a player who got hot and ran through the set has 2 losses.
  • tigerboymactigerboymac Joined: Posts: 109
    i wish anyone could fill me in on whats been goin on. lol usually by the time i figure stuff out everyone already gone.btw i dont mind putting 20 down on jug if he doesnt win ill send him back to crenshaw P with them hot ass coat hangers!!!-black dynamite reference-
    well dude you gotta read the boards, everything is pretty much posted on here before it happens.
  • jiorio95jiorio95 Joined: Posts: 93
    We'll be hosting a SFIV tourny on 2/27 as well as T6 and possibly some other games. I know the Buff Tekken crew was planning coming, so if any of the SFIV guys want to attend that would be great. Rochester is also sending a good amount of people to this for SFIV.

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=224989&p=8345240#post8345240

If your interested, please pre-reg so we can plan accordingly.
    i will most likely be there. also, played a bunch of TVC last night, i am really enjoying the game so far gonna play some more today and learn some combos and shit with ryu and casshen. hoping that atleast one other person in our crew will get into this game
    http://sonichurricane.com/?p=1334

Worth reading this.

• JonThe DonJonThe Don Joined: Posts: 298
    We'll be hosting a SFIV tourny on 2/27 as well as T6 and possibly some other games. I know the Buff Tekken crew was planning coming, so if any of the SFIV guys want to attend that would be great. Rochester is also sending a good amount of people to this for SFIV.

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=224989&p=8345240#post8345240

If your interested, please pre-reg so we can plan accordingly.

If I can get that day off I'll be there. I may need a ride though.
    i will most likely be there. also, played a bunch of TVC last night, i am really enjoying the game so far gonna play some more today and learn some combos and shit with ryu and casshen. hoping that atleast one other person in our crew will get into this game

Glad to see you're enjoying the game!
  • JS MasterJS Master FREE breakfast! Joined: Posts: 1,607
    Akazukin ChaCha: hey do u mind texting or PM me your house address?
    thanks. Looking forward to see u guys on weds! :smile:
    Can someone tell me who's the master?
    Free Denny's, best idea ever.
    'Nuff said
    "Weve made some general adjustments on Ryu as well, but probably the easiest to understand is that his strong and fierce Shoryuken have been changed from SFIV - theyve gone from one hit to two."

*mutters* Could have at least left strong alone.

http://www.hadoken.net/?p=1209

"We had a lot of requests from Rose players who wanted to be able to grab an opponent with the Soul Throw after theyve been launched by the Soul Reflect. So now you can."

Isn't that just peachy?

New char info also coming really soon.

Well Phil, looks like you're getting your wish.

Melty Blood: Actress Again-Final Tuned is on it's way.
    Wiki says it's essentially an arcade version of the console game? The title suggests that there will be some alterations. But who knows what that'll amount to...

There were a lot of balance changes according to people who played the loketests, but it's still awhile away from release. My understanding is it's bringing all the new PS2 only characters, balance changes to the PS2(like removing akiha's infinite loops), and then even more balance changes on top of those.
    ^ why play that game when tvc is so much better
    Cause tvc reminds me too much of marvel. And if I wanted to play marvel, why wouldn't I just play mvc2? :p

I've honestly not given tvc a chance. I'll admit. It's just not grabbing me right now from what I've seen so far. Maybe that'll change. Maybe not.

hopefully i think you would do well at it. ryu and chun are beast in that game
    Jeff3 and I are in there for Wednesday. See you guys tomorrow.

JS - I'm looking forward to getting some games in!
    where the hell has jeff3 been?
    ^ why play that game when tvc is so much better

That's like asking why cook with a stove when you can drive a Mercades. Completely different types of fighting games.

Though I'd rather play TvC than Mahvel anyday, I don't identify with comic book characters for the most part.