Buffalo, NY- We drink tears as liquid refreshment

Comments

• TheliTheli Joined: Posts: 1,586
    Fuck! It IS a middle aged guy! With the oil and everything. Ack

“That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”

• Rsnake91Rsnake91 Joined: Posts: 817
    momochi for makoto ftw, and Aruka for ibuki ftw seeing them in play finally made me happy, i was unsure as hell about them, now i have second thoughts. then again im just a casual player now. Kyle your stick will be dropped off friday before i go to work at franks house.. mom gave me whatever she had left in her paycheck for gas money. btw if anyone text's me my phone is shut off... for now. until i start getting paid, and working more hours. i will not be at games thrusday since i have to work, same with saturday as well.. untill we get early quits and i Saturdays we start earlier. so i may be able to come, that i will leave for my discretion.
    SSFIV:AE2012 - Cammy, Ryu
    SF3s - Ryu
    HDR - Ryu
  • zerofxizerofxi thug probe! Joined: Posts: 540
    yeah ibuki looks crazy. definitely added to my list of characters to try out. makoto's ex dash punch is HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLA FAST holy shit. even faster than in 3s. in a blink she's on the other side of the screen.
    def giving ibuki a good try specially im going to have a xbox soon.
    SF3s - Ryu
    HDR - Ryu
    oh ryan joining the xbox army?! good shit
    lol i use to have one, u can add me still i just go to xbox.com and just accept the friend request my GT is Rsnake91. i had 360 way before PS3 lol.
    SF3s - Ryu
    HDR - Ryu
  • berserkotaku45berserkotaku45 winter is coming Joined: Posts: 1,333
    ibuki second ultra looks fucking awesome, makoto looks good aswell, hopefully the japanese voices are better(the usually are)
  • Akazukin ChaChaAkazukin ChaCha Rumble in the Tundra Joined: Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So today for game night-

The plan is, if Kyle can get a hold of these new cats by 5pm, we will set up at UB by meeting in the Union flag room (or in front of it) by 9pm. Then find a place to play on campus (likely baldy hall). We need at least 3 tvs and 3 systems i'd think so start planning on who can bring what. Brian has my sf4 copy and will try and pass it to someone. I can grab my shit, but that will require me to come home n shit to get it after work.

If kyle can't get ahold of these guys-

It will just be at my house like normal. 9pm no new ppl involved.

So just keep posted for whatever Kyle says, and if you need to contact me at work just call my cell.

-B
    buffalofgc.com - weekly ranking battles
    Buffalo FGC- meeting every Weds 7pm-12am and Saturday 12pm-whenever @ http://gameonwny.com/
    jeff p is welcome to ride with me if he wants to for the tourny next week
  • CelesteinCelestein Joined: Posts: 421
    Joe, can you send me a text or PM me or something? If I don't feel up to going I was going to drop Cha's copy of Sf4 off with you, and remembered I don't have your number, but I know you have mine(or if anyone has Joe's number PM me ;0).
    Mark Twain: To commit suicide in Buffalo is redundant.
    The japanese voices for the newly added sf3 characters are pretty much all better. Though I'll miss the old voice for dudley. I was never a big fan of playing him. But the voice actor in 3rd strike really did a decent job.

Cody Ibuki Guy, and Adon and Juri actually sounds really good for a English VA's
    SF3s - Ryu
    HDR - Ryu
    Thanks for the PMs ^ though I feel like crap and am not even going to class afterall, which means I'll probably make it since I'll have a chance to take a nap.
    trailer with the japanese voice's both Va's for dudley sucks >.> thats imo tho.
    SF3s - Ryu
    HDR - Ryu
    Eh, I prefer the japanese ibuki voice. And juri's japanese voice so far sounds more like what I'd imagine the character should sound like. The others I don't really have a strong opinion on. Both english and japanese cody sound alright at least.

celest i sent you an IM with my #. you're probably napping now though.

fuck american voices lol, i really don't like understanding wtf they saying 'cause it can't sound like shit if i don't understand it right? lol
    Har. Yeah, that's a good point. But I'm not out to make an objective determination here about the skill of the respective voice actors. This is all just about how it sounds to me.

i just pick and choice what VA's i like better and i keep it. im not really picky on that shit besides we're american not Japanese :P
    SF3s - Ryu
    HDR - Ryu
  • tigerboymactigerboymac Joined: Posts: 109
    Yo what? Mr. G you have obviously never played 3rd strike. Makoto has clearly been sped UP for this game.

Famous Makoto matches!

Also here's some gameplay of Makoto vs. Ibuki

I gotta say I didn't really love any of these characters from 3S (especially Ibuki....), but seeing them in this trailer brings an unexpected warmness to my heart. Duds is especially looking great!
    I can't wait to see how all three roll in the SSF4 engine. Get Hype!
    Hey jeff do you think you can give me a ride from kendo up to the gamezzz if you go that is?
  • BlackandRedBlackandRed Buffalo's Yokozuna Joined: Posts: 517
    Tony M! I can do that, though I probably will not go to games if it is at B's house. Joe will be on campus around that time though, I'd hit him up! If you will be at Kendo tonight we'll talk.
    On E. Honda - "You can hit the wall, but the wall doesn't give a shit."
    haha i just hate voice acting to begin with never really was a fan of cartoons / anime / 3D animated films etc.

it all goes back to final fantasy x... when i heard tidus' annoying voice i was thinking to myself.. "you know if this was in japanese i couldn't tell if it was shit or not and i could just read subtitles" but noooo... i had to quit the game over that LOL i'll go back to it someday though.

if i had to choose the best voice acting = mgs series. david hayter guy is the man with snake's voice.

and yeah tony m, i can definitely take you if the games are at brian's and i guess jeff can take you from kendo if the games are at UB.
    sorry im late but games at cha tonight
    Do I gotta drive home and back with a ps3 then?

• GuyofkailleraGuyofkaillera A.K.A. Jug/Gou 37 Joined: Posts: 770
    sooooooo... I accidentally crossed over into SG rank in champ mode. now I'm bored outta my mind @_@.....
    AIM / XBL: Guyofkaillera / MSN: Guyofkaillera@hotmail.com
    SF4: Guy, E.Ryu, Gouken, Oni / SFXT: LarsxGuy, RavenxJin / TTT2: Jinpachi X Jun
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GouzInstrumentals?feature=mhee
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000777552583
  • Akazukin ChaChaAkazukin ChaCha Rumble in the Tundra Joined: Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Phil I'd say yes, bring it if you can, I have no idea who is coming since it's pretty crappy tonight.

Use the side door ppl.

cha cha
    Buffalo FGC- meeting every Weds 7pm-12am and Saturday 12pm-whenever @ http://gameonwny.com/
    i'm coming. it's not too bad
    ggs tonight ppl.

stay sharp, a couple of you are letting the SSF4 hype let the rust build up on your game. Stay hungry and aggressive until it's here. 2 months away still.
    gg'z everyone.

it's never a waste to work on mixups/mind games/knowing when to pressure and to back off, so that's all i'll be doing till ssf4. frame data and all that is gonna change so no need to learn anymore of that.
    gg last night, wasn't play real focused with my abel but hoping my rufus improves.

anyone down for games tonight or wings or something?
    gotta practice dat tekken tonight for OH.

btw tekken crew will be in OH saturday, so games definately at the barcade.

-B
    Games? Where and when?

Suppose some frame data will change. But it appears that they will make many combos still work. And I doubt too many moves will suddenly become less punishable.

hopes for my characters:

Cammy:
    -make hooligan able to grab crouching and/or have a dive kick cancel
    -give cammy a reliable overhead
    -make her first ultra able to hit airborne opponents for full damage
    -make spinning knuckle faster or give it more invincibility frames

Rose:
    -give soul throw activation invincibility, that shit is just plain silly
    -giver her a combo into her 1st ultra
    -better fireball recovery
    -give her a command throw or a safe normal that gives + on block

I wonder if these are too much to ask? I don't think it'd make either of them top tier alone, but it'd make them more competative.

cha cha
    so if anyone is down for games tonight(joe) or food or something let me know
    Speaking of rose, have you seen her haute couture alternate yet?

I just hope they manage to give every character a viable mix-up of some kind.

Also, games? When and where?

For saturday at least, 3pm, barcade.
    any games tonight, feeling wings tonight aswell, tekken crew is invited
  • LexaenLexaen Joined: Posts: 337
    I'm not gonna do anything tonight...have a foosball tournament at my friends house around 730. I am also on the fence about tomorrow...I work til 6 then have a party that I might go to....Saturdays are bad during the school year cuz it's when everyone wants to do stuff =(
    psh real men do things on non-game nights. get with the program! however i might be late to the barcade 'cause i'm gonna do stuff prior to. ^__^
  • KowtowRobinsonKowtowRobinson TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! Joined: Posts: 6,453
    I'm not gonna do anything tonight...have a foosball tournament at my friends house around 730. I am also on the fence about tomorrow...I work til 6 then have a party that I might go to....Saturdays are bad during the school year cuz it's when everyone wants to do stuff =(

Yo where all these parties at? I never know what's goin on at Buff State, art majors are always just doin their own thing lol.
  • BlackandRedBlackandRed Buffalo's Yokozuna Joined: Posts: 517
    I mentioned this before but I won't be at games for a while, the lady is in town. Enjoy yourselves, I'll be back.
    On E. Honda - "You can hit the wall, but the wall doesn't give a shit."