CvS2 bay areaaaaaa

Comments

• extravagantextravagant Joined: Posts: 964
    edited January 2015
    Tuesday AND Friday. both are optional for you next week. I'm going to both, because I'm the ONLY guy bringing the cvs2 setups right now.

after that though, the tourney host is gonna go back to only hosting Tuesday events. HOWEVER I might be able to talk to the host to see if we can get a separate oldskool fighting game event to come up on Fridays, or every other Friday. Something like that.

The host of Capsule Entertainment loves CvS2 and I think he might be down to do it if we can show up with lots of people next Friday.

I tried contacting Leezy but he has not responded. did he change his number? and does anybody know Wis new phone number? that A-Groove asshole that used to body me all the time hahaha. I havent talked to him for years but I wanna play him again too

If everybody could please try to bring as much PS2 arcade sticks as you can, we are going to need at least 4. because lots of people don't use PS2 sticks anymore, and newer gen controller dont work with older gen consoles cuz of the USB port in newer gens. So if we have some extra PS2 arcade sticks we will be very gravy
  • skaloolaskaloola Joined: Posts: 172
    dont know if you still need one, but I've got a 32" Trinitron you could have. Only thing is you'd have to come to San Jose to pick it up and carry it out of the house.. it's pretty heavy. would need two people.
  • Gamer Gone BadGamer Gone Bad V-Town Cutthoat Joined: Posts: 110
    I will be there both days. Unfortunately, I have no equipment to contribute. I am fine using a standard PS2 pad tho.
    Humanityyyyyyy disgusts me!
    Okay that sounds fine. I'll keep searching. Until then, get your ass to the events because if we can hype it up, we can start hosting oldskool regular events
    anyone showing up tonight?
    I will be there for sure. :smile: Can't wait to meet you guys. I'll be rockin a silver and black tie and glasses.
    Hmmm. Not lookin good for CvS turnout. :disappointed: Well, I'll show up anyway since I'm here. If there's no CvS, I'll jus bounce early.
    Thank you for hosting CvS last night Extravagant, I had a lot of nostalgic fun. Maybe Friday I can round out the experience with Ricky O bodying me with A Grrove random characters for old times sake. ; )
    You are very welcome sir! I'm running another event tonight. Hopefully more people show up!
    Everyone flaked out but I still went and had fun playing for 5 hours. I played with Joe and Johnny tonight.
    I woulda played, but it didn't look like you had extra pads for PS3. :disappointed:
  • Yumi SaotomeYumi Saotome eh-sama Joined: Posts: 361
    FYI this month's caliburst has been moved to next Saturday.
    We will hold CvS2 then.
    "No more Ky. Play Robo-Ky" - RF telling me to stop losing.

Retired from fighting games, but I actively troll.
    FYI this month's caliburst has been moved to next Saturday.
    We will hold CvS2 then.

Can you gimme some info on Caliburst? Where its at, exact date and time, is anyone welcome? Thanks.
  • Mr. WarzardMr. Warzard CvS2 Commissioner Gordon Joined: Posts: 779
    It should be noted that that means Caliburst falls on the 14th aka Valentine's Day. I won't be able to make it, can you find somebody to bring a ps2 setup?
    Holding a shovel over SF4's grave.
    CVS2: The Nine Ball of Fighting Games
    Apoc was right: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/556915/#Comment_556915
    where is Calliburst anyway? What's the address time and location? I'll go just to see wussup
  • Mr__CHUCKLESMr__CHUCKLES Joined: Posts: 239
    where is Calliburst anyway? What's the address time and location? I'll go just to see wussup
    I think this is it.. At least what the Op says

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4822-january-17-2014-norcal-dogfight-ggxrdunielapexvsfb-san-carlos-ca/
    doesn't look like there's cvs2 in their tourney listing
    That's dogfight; that is the other event that is more anime fighters themed.
    Caliburst is at the same location, but normally its first Saturdays of the month. This time it was just moved over one more week.
    CvS2 is one of the main event games for Caliburst now.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9663-dec-6-2014-california-burst-norcal-training-room-gg-unib-etc-san-carlos-ca/

Is it alright if I come next Saturday? The only thing I am concerned about though is the fact that it is on Valentine's Day. I wonder if people are going to go. But I'll go anyway, I wanna see what these guys are up to. and I've been hungry for some CvS2 action.
    I'll drag my girl to this shit if I hafta. Then appropriately sit through fifty shades of grey in return for being a good sport.
    I'm going to MGL tonight to host more CvS2 events
  • ZEROneZEROne Joined: Posts: 57
    Are you going to be hosting CvS2 at MGL every week? I havent played since EO on xbox live, i would love to get back into it.
    not every tuesday anymore. the last tuesday was last night, then the main host is going on vacation for 2-3 weeks. He'll come back after that hosting on Fridays
    Is it alright if I come next Saturday? The only thing I am concerned about though is the fact that it is on Valentine's Day. I wonder if people are going to go. But I'll go anyway, I wanna see what these guys are up to. and I've been hungry for some CvS2 action.

Sure, come along.
    I will also not be there next Saturday, and it doesn't seem like the regular TOs will be there either. CvS2 players are mostly not single I guess.
    You should bring a setup, otherwise there is only one CvS2 cab. There is also one PS2 setup, but no copy of CvS2 IIRC.

Sure, come along.
    I will also not be there next Saturday, and it doesn't seem like the regular TOs will be there either. CvS2 players are mostly not single I guess.
    You should bring a setup, otherwise there is only one CvS2 cab. There is also one PS2 setup, but no copy of CvS2 IIRC.

Indeed. Another side effect of being the minimum legal age to play cvs2.
    Apoc was right: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/556915/#Comment_556915
    edited February 2015
    So it looks like either Fred or DjCream will TO this week's CvS2. All the same, please bring setups and sticks. I think there is only one PS2 stick available at the venue.
    Both are pretty well known there so just ask around if you don't know who they are.

I edited the first post with Caliburst information to reduce confusion.

Glad it's going down this month without us. Good luck, I'll be back in March!
    Are people allowed to play casuals before the tournament start times?
    Is the tournament gonna be streamed?
    Are people allowed to play casuals before the tournament start times?

The tourney isn't that formal. Play casuals before, during, and after the tourney if you like.

We've had some technical difficulties streaming cvs2 the past few months. Talk to Fred to see if streaming can happen.

Appreciate the response bro, thank you.
    I can't make it tonight. I ended up stuck with work.
    Me too. Ended up stuck with work. AKA, girlfriend.
  • BlackcutsBlackcuts Please dont come to FDM smelling like stank. PLEASE. Joined: Posts: 685
    edited February 2015
    Edit
  • BlackcutsBlackcuts Please dont come to FDM smelling like stank. PLEASE. Joined: Posts: 685
    file:///C:/Users/OWNER/Downloads/Cant1.jpg
    edited February 2015
    y
    I feel your frustration. I'm going in March for sure. Are we having a CvS2 event coming up March 7th?
    Yeah, March 7th is the next scheduled Caliburst.
    @extravagant are you going to be hosting cvs2 casuals next tuesday? Im really interested in learning this game.
    I think there will be sessions going on next Tuesday at Golf land. I'll let you know, not sure yet. It depends if the host is hosting another event, that's why.

If you want to learn, I can teach you, but it takes a lot of time, this isn't an easy game to learn. Imagine whatever SF4 is, but 3x harder.
    yeah man that be great, just keep me posted.
    I can't make CvS2 for March 7th due to some unexpected work commitments.
    Mr. Warzard, can you run it this time?

Yessir.

CvS2 going down at Caliburst this Saturday, 5 PM.
    @extravagant are you going to mgl tomorrow?
    ZEROne wrote: »
    @extravagant are you going to mgl tomorrow?

Hi sorry for late reply yes tonight at MGL CvS2!!!
    Yessir.

CvS2 going down at Caliburst this Saturday, 5 PM.

I'm there!!
    cool man see ya there
    hey man sorry about last night. did you have fun tho?
    yeah last night was dope, but man that shin akuma got me salty not cool man lol.
    LOL it's all good dude he's broken and cheap as hell. i just use him for fun. dont worry nobody plays him lol