How to fix Mortal Kombat

Comments

• Black ShroudBlack Shroud Spirits Society Joined: Posts: 1,167
    Also I think boon thinks he invented the fireball.

"since the beginning, one of the things that's separated us from other fighting games is the crazy moves we've put in it, like fireballs and all the magic moves, so to speak."

And in MKA we got move/style swapping all over the place, with 16 characters sharing same grab, and 1/3 of cast sharing teleport behind back. You can choose character with your eyes closed, and theres big chance you will have "fireball, forward charge, teleport behind back" movelist.
    [ Samurai Shodown Spirits Society ] at [ http://spirits.kaillera.ru ]
    [ Ten Chi Kai Byaku ] at [ http://spirits.kaillera.ru/tckb/ ]
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 2,802
    Kalyx, any way that you could repost that MK blog to this site's blog function?

Posted it, it's up in the blog section. Enjoy.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,875 mod
    Strawman, that wasn't my stance.

You called him a fanboy of some sub-type you created right here and now, and then made a generalization about fighting game fans not wanting MK to be better (wrong). Nobody argued that MK wasn't crappy (case in point this thread) so don't try to use that in defense.

I haven't heard any huge outcry of competitive fighting game players for MK for be a competitive fighting game.

And how does the concept of a fanboy who constantly forgets the numerous faults of the previous iteration of a series not make sense to you?
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
  • ShotgunSteveShotgunSteve Goes by Henners Joined: Posts: 575
    I haven't heard any huge outcry of competitive fighting game players for MK for be a competitive fighting game.

And how does the concept of a fanboy who constantly forgets the numerous faults of the previous iteration of a series not make sense to you?

I don't forget the faults, I just enjoy them through the faults the style of the game appeals to me. I never have said MK was EVER a competitive title. I was just saying it could have become one if it changed.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,675 admin
    The only way to fix Mortal Kombat is to not play it.
  • NotGoodNotGood Joined: Posts: 287
    UMK3 and MK2 were pretty great......Mortal Kombat is pretty cool in its own way.

They just need to fix some of the obvious shit in MKDC and that game would be pretty good too.
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic BOTW then Mass Effect = sfv is dead in march Joined: Posts: 5,054
    people who say umk3 is good obviously never played it online. that game is not only hugely unbalanced, it has many glitches. if you dont play as kabal h.smoke, stryker or lao youre screwed because once those infinites start its all over

and LOL at people saying mk has a good story. its convoluted, contradictory and overall seems like a vince mcmahon rejection.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    OP pretty much described EVERY OTHER fighting game in his first post. Although I agree that I'll play any other fighter before MK.
  • hacksparrowhacksparrow Banned Joined: Posts: 331
    like have 2 directional inputs? thats got to be the most idiotic thing ever for any thing, why didnt they do both directionals on one side? its a stupid system in the first place but may have been tolerable if it where on R3/RS like an fps but no u have to switch. i was blown away by this pure garbage input idea

edit; quote dint go thru for mvd aka mitral valve disease, wot kind of name is that? dc universe? bah
  • nano5896nano5896 BlightedAgent Joined: Posts: 282
    people who say umk3 is good obviously never played it online. that game is not only hugely unbalanced, it has many glitches. if you dont play as kabal h.smoke, stryker or lao youre screwed because once those infinites start its all over

and LOL at people saying mk has a good story. its convoluted, contradictory and overall seems like a vince mcmahon rejection.

Isn't Kung Loa's infinite the easiest infinite to do?
  • MrMoonMrMoon Registered User Joined: Posts: 365
    This kind of thread was hated on the old SRK, but now it's kinda accepted...so...

I've done a lot of thinking, I like the style of Mortal Kombat. And the games are fun to dick around with. I wish they would be competitive, but unfortunately they just aren't designed that way. Mortal Kombat 2 had a combo system that through flaws in programming allowed air juggles and combos, MK3 tried to make it competitive by forcing a dial-a-combo system that made it more approachable but hindered real game play.

1) 2D
    3) Mortal Kombat 2 gameplay style
    3) add Hit Stun
    4) More variation with "normal" moves
    5) 3 games and all had a very abusable Back+LK sweep...let's change that
    6) back to block
    7) add super meter
    8) change run to FF instead of a button
    9) maybe a parry or just defend defense move
    10) less abusive LP spam.

Wow, Shutup.

1. I agree with 2d
    2. No MK2 was one of the worst umk3 was far superior
    3. Hit stun? Does this look like fucking MVC or a Capcom Game?
    4. Variations? Of what?
    5. Uhhh Okay? I never noticed it
    6. Back to block? This isnt super turbo, It would defeat the purpose of MERCY or some fatalities like scorpions block back back forward p, I think thats for trilogy, I don't remember his UMK3 one but i have the book around here and the MK2 FT/Strats Book
    7. This isnt super turbo
    8. This isn't 3rd Strike
    9. This isn't 3rd Strike or Garou stop trying to make it the same game just combined
    10. You just sadi that for # 5, Repeating Yourself?

If you're gonna make a thread like this, Give some real reasons why its bad, And what should REALLY be changed instead of stupid shit. Sorry if my post seems rude just being honest.
    "Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people, otherwise there would be no religious people"
    Mr Moon, c.LP = b+LK ?
  • clue2025clue2025 Brazilian Jiu-jitsu player Joined: Posts: 2,805

Has the only place you've ever played it been online?

Yeah it's unbalanced but it's still tons of fun, like MARVEL fun. And Stryker isn't even that good outside of his loop. At Seasons Beatings I watched Lex (I think it was him) DESTROY people with Nightwolf when he wasn't using Kung Lao. And Nightwolf is top 10, but he's not top 5.

Game is HYPE. Straight up.

Where's Tim Static at?!
    Sorry I am standing so far away...I don't want any of your game rubbing off on me
    I once gave up pool, it was the most terrifying weekend of my life
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic BOTW then Mass Effect = sfv is dead in march Joined: Posts: 5,054
    Has the only place you've ever played it been online?

Yeah it's unbalanced but it's still tons of fun, like MARVEL fun. And Stryker isn't even that good outside of his loop. At Seasons Beatings I watched Lex (I think it was him) DESTROY people with Nightwolf when he wasn't using Kung Lao. And Nightwolf is top 10, but he's not top 5.

Game is HYPE. Straight up.

Where's Tim Static at?!
    u can def still enjoy it, but i cant enjoy it, or any mk game these days simply because its so messed up.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • digimonemporerdigimonemporer Joined: Posts: 2,612
    I (still) like MKA. Especially the Wii version with the infinites removed and added game mechanics (and I don't mean using the nunchuku lol).

But if they made a new 2d MK, i'd definitely would play it. :tup:
    No signature here. Nope...not one.
  • black shoemakerblack shoemaker black hatmaker Joined: Posts: 995
    smoke weed 8/20
    jerb
  • Tech RomancerTech Romancer PSN: Tech_Romancer Joined: Posts: 5,200
    Where the hell is Tim Static?
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    "Problem with Marvel is when you are not mashing you are losing". - 9thPixel

soking wed 5.20
    jerb
    jerb
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It wasn't until I saw that one guys youtube page from Venezuela that I FINALLY saw what real high level UMK3 looks like. Good stuff. Now MKvsDC, that was horrible.

Wow thx for the mention and props Pablo! And for the link for Kesh:

One match with me vs RZP:

UMK 3 Venezuela Playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B7670BAECE8C2444

Thx everyone and enjoy!
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 2,802

Again not my stance. I see it's not strawman'ing so much as a comprehension issue. Where the Hell did you get "huge outcry" from? Stop arguing in bad faith. Just stop.

Hmm...
    I don't forget the faults, I just enjoy them through the faults the style of the game appeals to me. I never have said MK was EVER a competitive title. I was just saying it could have become one if it changed.

Yeah, that pretty much covers it.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • Tim StaticTim Static Kid Thunder!! Joined: Posts: 4,633 mod

I am right here. :coffee:

I think the point of what the OP was trying to say is appreciated, but he lost me at point #2. No, no new MK should ever be just like MKII, unless its gore wise, and now it just doesnt matter anymore.

BRB with more
    This kind of thread was hated on the old SRK, but now it's kinda accepted...so...

I've done a lot of thinking, I like the style of Mortal Kombat. And the games are fun to dick around with. I wish they would be competitive, but unfortunately they just aren't designed that way. Mortal Kombat 2 had a combo system that through flaws in programming allowed air juggles and combos, MK3 tried to make it competitive by forcing a dial-a-combo system that made it more approachable but hindered real game play.

1) 2D
    3) add Hit Stun
    6) back to block
    7) add super meter

WOW, The only one worth repeating was #1.

The MK community does NOT approve this post.

ugh.

MK isnt SF, never will. (insert funny joke thats NEVER been said here, har har har)

What makes MK, MK is block and run buttons. Kara jabs. no super meters. rushdown, pop-ups and sweeps. (your a tool if you get sweep raped, sorry.)

OP, next time consult someone who knows that they are talking about before you make an ass even more of MK. thanks.
    WOW, The only one worth repeating was #1.

The MK community does NOT approve this post.

ugh.

MK isnt SF, never will. (insert funny joke thats NEVER been said here, har har har)

What makes MK, MK is block and run buttons. Kara jabs. no super meters. rushdown, pop-ups and sweeps. (your a tool if you get sweep raped, sorry.)

OP, next time consult someone who knows that they are talking about before you make an ass even more of MK. thanks.

did i say I represent the community? no. excuse me for having an opinion that differs.

I should have to CONSULT someone to maek sure my opinion matches in the DISCUSSION section?

Since it seems you're the pinnacle of the MK community Tim Static, what in your opinion could help MK? Or do you like it just the way it is.
  • D-ProtoD-Proto Execution God Joined: Posts: 824
    did i say I represent the community? no. excuse me for having an opinion that differs.

I should have to CONSULT someone to maek sure my opinion matches in the DISCUSSION section?

Since it seems you're the pinnacle of the MK community Tim Static, what in your opinion could help MK? Or do you like it just the way it is.

just give up man
    seriously
    ST Mains: Deejay, Balrog.
    SFA2 Mains: Sodom, Gen, Adon.
    SFA3 Mains: Gen, Sodom.
    SFIII3s Mains: Q
    SSF4AE Mains: Gen.

Well, since you want to turn MK into SF then just stick with SF bro. It saddens me to say that, but thats what your trying to do.

While MKII was the most popular MK game ever, the gameplay in MKII is just SO slow and dated.

The first couple things Ed Boon and his staff must do to make MK viable again is do it in 2d again (w/ 3d sprites and to revisit the way they made MK3/UMK3. It was the ONLY time in the whole series they did a 2nd game based on the same style gameplay. (even tho technically UMK3 is just Mk3 Revision 3.2)

UMK3 IS the holy grail of all MK games, period. The gameplay, the depth & the style has never again been rivaled in the series, period. Thats a fact and anything else is just personal opinions.
  • oBryantoBryant HATE...is it in you? Joined: Posts: 320

1) 2D
    3) add Hit Stun
    6) back to block
    7) add super meter

You are a dip shit..
    I hate you.
  • YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396
    Yeah, UMK3-style in 2.5d (or high res photo-sprites lol) would be awesome and imo that would be getting MK back on the right path.
    slay this unaligned ant!
    Well, since you want to turn MK into SF then just stick with SF bro. It saddens me to say that, but thats what your trying to do.

While MKII was the most popular MK game ever, the gameplay in MKII is just SO slow and dated.

The first couple things Ed Boon and his staff must do to make MK viable again is do it in 2d again (w/ 3d sprites and to revisit the way they made MK3/UMK3. It was the ONLY time in the whole series they did a 2nd game based on the same style gameplay. (even tho technically UMK3 is just Mk3 Revision 3.2)

UMK3 IS the holy grail of all MK games, period. The gameplay, the depth & the style has never again been rivaled in the series, period. Thats a fact and anything else is just personal opinions.

I wasn't trying to do anything, the MKProjects that throw MK characters into mugen are trying to make MK into SF.

I was just throwing ideas on if MK evolved (similar to how SF evolved and added more technical aspects, super meters, parry) if it could have maintained into the public eye (or at least the general fighting game community's eye).

Does the MK community like dial-combos? with MK2 I was thinking more of the combos that aren't preset.
  • OJuggernautOOJuggernautO Tyler "Juggs" Smith Joined: Posts: 512
    To "save" MK, they need to make the new game like UMK3. Just new gen style. That does not mean 3D, MK going 3D is one of the main reasons it's regarded as terrible. Stick to UMK3 game play, and 2D.
    For all things competitive MK, and all MK9 info, visit TYM.com! Link below.

www.TestYourMight.com

so yeah.. fix that, add hitstun and remove chip damage from normals.. that would be a good start

making any tweaks to umk3 would make it fucking retarded. No one gives a shit about your bias stupid fucking opinions. I doubt you are even good at any MK to make these comments. Listen people, if you dont play MK at a high level you will never understand why there is block damage, why holding back avoids throws, why people "mash" lp the whole game. just stfu. Dont make suggestions on a game you aren't even good at PERIOD.
    I hate you.
  • nk4enk4e Trying to adapt... Joined: Posts: 680
    You can't really save MK, it was just like Killer Instinct( though everything was just there and fun). It was just for the casual players, just gorey good fun ripping people's head off or sending them to hell. Like others have said, MK won't feel the same if we TRY to bring it back a different way.
    "The ultimate skill is to take up a position where you are formless.... Those who are able to adapt and change in accord with the enemy and achieve victor are called divine...."-Sun Tzu
    Thank Lolerskates for the Avatar!
    making any tweaks to umk3 would make it fucking retarded. No one gives a shit about your bias stupid fucking opinions. I doubt you are even good at any MK to make these comments. Listen people, if you dont play MK at a high level you will never understand why there is block damage, why holding back avoids throws, why people "mash" lp the whole game. just stfu. Dont make suggestions on a game you aren't even good at PERIOD.

Rather than screaming "RAWR RAWR YOU ARE WRONG"

How about trying to educate people on "WHY" they're wrong so they WILL understand.

How about trying to educate people on "WHY" they're wrong so they WILL understand.

I agree. Bryant, chill out bro. I agree with what your saying, but not how your saying. Dont make out community look so fucking retarded please.
  • D-ProtoD-Proto Execution God Joined: Posts: 824

Everyone has told you why you are wrong
    but you just dont get it.
    ST Mains: Deejay, Balrog.
    SFA2 Mains: Sodom, Gen, Adon.
    SFA3 Mains: Gen, Sodom.
    SFIII3s Mains: Q
    SSF4AE Mains: Gen.
    alright, education time.

MK has guard damage off normals cause the projectiles are too slow and weak and really play no part in strategy but to add extra hits/damage to a combo or something. to avoid throws you just hold back. Sounds dumb? well there are tricks to ensure that you can throw someone, if you dont play at a high level you wont know that. Also throws arent as rewarding as juggles/combos are.

So, when you gaurd, your avoiding throws but there is still guard damage so there is no need for block stun cause you can just chip them away. Theres no parry/just defend cause the game doesnt need it to begin with.

If you would have to hold back for block his game would be retarded. Cause then there would HAVE to be overheads.
    Then throw would HAVE to be assigned as a button. Then projectiles would HAVE to be made faster stronger and beter. thus turning this game into ST with retarded characters..

There you go. g watch some high-level umk3 videos and try to incorprate all that shit while you do. the game would just be another SF if so. and we dont need another sf we need another MK

All that being said, since it takes 5 pages of people telling you that your wrong. I step in and call you a dip shit cause you are indeed a dip shit..
    I hate you.
    Lots better bro, thank you.

This thread is done now.

alright, education time.

MK has guard damage off normals cause the projectiles are too slow and weak and really play no part in strategy but to add extra hits/damage to a combo or something. to avoid throws you just hold back. Sounds dumb? well there are tricks to ensure that you can throw someone, if you dont play at a high level you wont know that. Also throws arent as rewarding as juggles/combos are.

So, when you gaurd, your avoiding throws but there is still guard damage so there is no need for block stun cause you can just chip them away. Theres no parry/just defend cause the game doesnt need it to begin with.

If you would have to hold back for block his game would be retarded. Cause then there would HAVE to be overheads.
    Then throw would HAVE to be assigned as a button. Then projectiles would HAVE to be made faster stronger and beter. thus turning this game into ST with retarded characters..

There you go. g watch some high-level umk3 videos and try to incorprate all that shit while you do. the game would just be another SF if so. and we dont need another sf we need another MK

All that being said, since it takes 5 pages of people telling you that your wrong. I step in and call you a dip shit cause you are indeed a dip shit..
    I should wright a book when im high.. I can certainly think better.. lol
    I hate you.
  • Bob SagatBob Sagat Akuma Thurman Joined: Posts: 1,547
    If they go back to 2D it would be awesome to use real actors again. With today's HD cameras, it would look awesome, plus it's less of a hassle then motion capturing and modelling etc.
    Roald Dhalsim
    Everyone has told you why you are wrong
    but you just dont get it.

Really? Because besides other peoples opinions on what to change, the only other posts were "YOU'RE WRONG AND DUMB" without answering "WHY" until Bryant did AFTER you posted this. Keyword - why.
  • SimpleKissSimpleKiss Getting Hit in the Mouth Joined: Posts: 1,005
    alright, education time.

That's some baller shit.
    Damn it feels good to be a gangster (kitten)
  • ChiroToBChiroToB Joined: Posts: 139
    I want to briefly add something about the block button. Take a moment and think about how blocking in most fighting games that use the back command to block actually work. From the moment your opponent initiates an attack, your character begins his/her block animation, essentially freezing them for a brief period of time. Now, I'm not going to touch on the 3D MK games, as they are the pinnacle of all that has gone wrong with MK, however(and I'll go more into detail on why UMK3 should be looked at as a competitive fighter when I get home from work), the block button in MK through MK4 provides a dynamic block that is only initiated when YOU choose to block. This sets up tactical advantages, feints, setups, etc. Instead of only blocking to defend, you can use your block button for setups, for mindgames, and for alot of other things. Think of a sweep in Street Fighter, and how you're stuck...well in MK, you can actually simply walk away from the sweep instead and then rush down after contact frames have ended. See, the block button is not bad, it's dynamic, and it's DIFFERENT.
    www.ultimatemk.com
    www.classicmk.com
    www.testyourmight.com
    I want to briefly add something about the block button. Take a moment and think about how blocking in most fighting games that use the back command to block actually work. From the moment your opponent initiates an attack, your character begins his/her block animation, essentially freezing them for a brief period of time. Now, I'm not going to touch on the 3D MK games, as they are the pinnacle of all that has gone wrong with MK, however(and I'll go more into detail on why UMK3 should be looked at as a competitive fighter when I get home from work), the block button in MK through MK4 provides a dynamic block that is only initiated when YOU choose to block. This sets up tactical advantages, feints, setups, etc. Instead of only blocking to defend, you can use your block button for setups, for mindgames, and for alot of other things. Think of a sweep in Street Fighter, and how you're stuck...well in MK, you can actually simply walk away from the sweep instead and then rush down after contact frames have ended. See, the block button is not bad, it's dynamic, and it's DIFFERENT.

Point taken.

What is wrong with MK: Deception? I felt it was taking the 3D a step into the right direction.

+1 :coffee:
    Point taken.

What is wrong with MK: Deception? I felt it was taking the 3D a step into the right direction.

Unfortunately, I feel that all the 3D style games in the MK series do not properly represent what MK really is. Again, I don't have a long time for this, but I'll briefly say a little on it.

When MK went to 3D(don't count MK4, as it's really 2.5d with full on 2d gameplay, no different than the SFEX games and SF4.) they took on properties that were inherently NOT Mortal Kombat. Keep in mind that the majority of the community that frowns on MK as a game, are mainly talking about the newer games, not the games we remember more fondly(which, for most of us who were in our mid to late teens when it came out, is MK2). Tekken, Virtua Fighter, DOA, and just about any other 3d fighter all do what they do better than the 3d MK games do. This includes MKDA, MKD, and MKA. The 3d MK games simply scrapped all they had worked to achieve with the 2d games, and went for a generic 3d fighter with MK characters and special moves. Honestly, there is very little difference in the type of game they are from other 3d fighters, other than that the other 3d fighters are so much better than the 3d MK games are. Basically, they did nothing to seperate themselves other than having MK characters as part of the cast. Then, and most importantly, all of them are so badly broken with infinites that they are nowhere near being considered competative.

Now, from what I'm told(I own MKDC but only play it casually), MKDC is a very underrated game that really does have the ability to be an in depth fighter, though not as deep as UMK3. MKDC is a step in the right direction for MK, but still not the game it could have been.
    www.ultimatemk.com
    www.classicmk.com
    www.testyourmight.com
  • Black ShroudBlack Shroud Spirits Society Joined: Posts: 1,167
    Point taken.

Everything. But it would be mean to just tell you that. So I will mention

Shujinko's Spear, Sidestep, Freeze, Sidestep, Spear, Sidestep, Freeze, Sidestep....... (as being the easiest out of myriads of infinites).
    Also this very long combo recorded by Check

and also something about 50/50's:

MKD = Boon took MKDA and broke it. MUGEN is probably less broken.
    [ Samurai Shodown Spirits Society ] at [ http://spirits.kaillera.ru ]
    [ Ten Chi Kai Byaku ] at [ http://spirits.kaillera.ru/tckb/ ]
    One thing I also want to add about MK, and in particular UMK3. UMK3 is the pinnacle of MK. It's what they had initially strived to create, and didn't even realize it until it was too late and they were already into MK4, which further changed the properties of MK again. UMK3 has a very solid gameplay system that works for every character in the roster. Alot of people think that to "fix" MK means to take what it has become and modify/evolve it from there. I disagree... what it needs is to scale back to basics, to what was the best gameplay system it had, and go from there. This worked for Street Fighter. They have toyed and tinkered with their gameplay system countless times, yet the basic system has never really changed. It's remained a rock solid foundation of the game for a very long time and will continue to for a very long time to come. MK needs to take a page from that book and do the same. Go back to UMK3(not re-create it) but tinker with the system and see what happens. Talk to the REAL masters of the game(not the programmers or developers or game testers) and get some real pointers as to what was good, what needs tweaking, what needs fixing, what could be better, how to better balance some things, etc. Tweak UMK3's basic gameplay system and base new games on that with differences from there, just as Street Fighter has done.
    www.ultimatemk.com
    www.classicmk.com
    www.testyourmight.com
  • Tech RomancerTech Romancer PSN: Tech_Romancer Joined: Posts: 5,200
    I am right here. :coffee:

I think the point of what the OP was trying to say is appreciated, but he lost me at point #2. No, no new MK should ever be just like MKII, unless its gore wise, and now it just doesnt matter anymore.

BRB with more

Ah, there you are Tim. Now, I can feel at ease.

But seriously, if the OP wants MK to be more accepted by the consumers and community, than convince Capcom to sell the newest edition of MK in boxes that say SFIV. Than people will buy it and call it a good game no matter how it plays. =)
    Everything. But it would be mean to just tell you that. So I will mention

Shujinko's Spear, Sidestep, Freeze, Sidestep, Spear, Sidestep, Freeze, Sidestep....... (as being the easiest out of myriads of infinites).
    Also this very long combo recorded by Check

and also something about 50/50's:

MKD = Boon took MKDA and broke it. MUGEN is probably less broken.

I'm still amazed at how Boon is determined to not have his games balanced and taken seriously.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    "Problem with Marvel is when you are not mashing you are losing". - 9thPixel
    Point taken.

here, read this. This review was done by some of the best MK guys we have in the community for breaking down the games, and taking them to their most broken points, exposing them (2d & 3d games)

http://www.mksecrets.net/indexdiv.php?section=kolumn&lang=eng&contentID=4200
    Ah, there you are Tim. Now, I can feel at ease.

lol yup :tup:
    I'm still amazed at how Boon is determined to not have his games balanced and taken seriously.

yea, for someone who is "obsessed" by Tekken, you figure he'd at least set the bar higher. or try to at least. :/