Favourite Sf4 stage

smgsmg Joined: Posts: 24
Whats your favourite sf4 stage?

mine = Old Temple Stage

without seth lab & volcano cause they are not so good i think.

Comments

• TheJokerCPCTheJokerCPC 8*A*8*A Joined: Posts: 1,178
    Over pass all day, best stage song as well
    Put on my O.J. gloves and watch me kill this shit.

SSF4: AE - Guile
    3s: Ryu SAIII
  • de BLOOde BLOO It's pronounced dee BLOO. Joined: Posts: 4,487
    Overpass dawg
    GT: Hector Garfria PSN ID: Hector_Garfria
  • CryohCryoh Rock Shock Thunderous Beat Joined: Posts: 9,639
    Obviously overpass. Little Justin in the background makes it the best.
  • Arcane ArcaneArcane Arcane 5★ Joined: Posts: 673
    Morning mist bitches! Beautiful bay hoes!
  • blinky77blinky77 *sip* Joined: Posts: 1,367
    I like the Drive-In just because of all the neon.

Snowy Rail Yard and Volcanic Rim have gdlk music though. In the end I'm not paying all that much attention to the music or background.
  • SosageSosage Mopping Up Your Salt Joined: Posts: 1,806 mod
    Overpass easily eclipses all the others. Has the most character and charm out of all of them. Really pleasant and soothing colors as well. It does a lot with just a little.

Compare it to Drive In that has so much going on, a lot of individuals doing stuff, but as a whole isn't very pleasing. Almost plastic and a little too chaotic. I think they were going for the feel the OG Boxer/Las Vegas stage had, but it just doesn't pull together.

P.S. It doesn't help that the chicks hanging out the window of the low rider are practically breaking their backs. They should have cut them out and just left the car or put them standing beside it.

IMO of course.
    It Was Tuesday -- 925 SFV Weekly ... http://www.itwastuesday.com
    SRK Mod ...cause I enjoy destroying your fun...
    Rindoukan Yellow Belt ...cause I paid 49.95 for lessons at the local strip mall and now I can karakusa online...
    RIP KS2
  • InverseInverse You? Destroy...me? Joined: Posts: 1,711
    I kind of wish they just recreated all the stages from SF2 tbh, maybe from different camera angles or positions. Like in Vega's stage it's inside the bar. Perhaps on Ken's stage it's at the docks, but on a pier with other boats.

I personally love stages with CROWDS, but crowds that seem, involved. The Drive-In and China street feel artificial. While Overpass feels perfect cuz of the kids reactions. KOF97 was my favorite King of Fighters stage wise, because it had cameras and crowds from all over the world watching the tournament. Giving my fight some meaning is always hot. I want to see people cheering and placing bets.

That said all the stages in SF4 are underwhelming to me, and the music does not pump me up like Third Strike's. Remy's club stage in third strike is colorful, yet dark and has music that makes me feel like I'm fighting right outside the club. Nothing gets me ready for a fight like China Vox on Chun-Li's stage, and Gill's theme and presentation always gets me excited to finish off the arcade mode. SF4 is seriously lacking in, personality. Artistically, it's well done, but so are random images of landscapes or fruit... beautiful, yet without soul.
    "So Ryu is looking like poop more and more?"
    ~Rockman85

"No you'll just have to actually learn how to use Ryu."
    ~Deviljin 01
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,587
    My favorite stage pick is "Random".
  • MilkRoundMilkRound Get Beefy Joined: Posts: 94
    Overpass should be banned

you don't know how many matches i've fucked up in laughing at the fat asian kid who falls down every 4 seconds.
    Ope
    3s- Yang, Yun
  • Kanta-KunKanta-Kun Magnudisto... BLAAAAAAAST Joined: Posts: 5,545
    Overpass is obviously God Tier.
    "I think the game should punch you in the face every time you pick Nova." -ShadyK
  • MelvarghMelvargh Low Tier Joined: Posts: 258
    Easily Overpass. That fat kid is God-Tier.
    Behold the gloryhole that is the Tanden Engine!

SSFIV: Seth
  • scratchbackscratchback Joined: Posts: 1,042
    i only pick these same stages over and over again because of the music:
    1. inland jungle
    2. drive-in
    3. the bays
    4. snowy rail yard
    5. overpass
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Drive-in. Great Music, and it doesn't look too shabby either.
  • God 2.0God 2.0 Directing your fate Joined: Posts: 300
    I've replaced all the music with ST music, and going by that I'd choose the one that has the Fei Long track. Of the built-in ones however, I'd say airfield if going with the music. If music is not the deciding factor, then I'd choose old temple or destillery.

Now if overpass didn't have the children in the background, and the music was not horrible pop-trance, I'd probably like it a bit more.
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,874
    Morning Mist Bay + Cruiseship are tied for best

I absolutely hate the volcano stage. I wont use random stage select just to avoid that.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • ultracomboultracombo Weakest Loser Joined: Posts: 741
    Pitch Black Jungle, love the darkness, heavy cel-shaded outlines, especially when I use Akuma, glowing red eyes.
    "If ultracombo misses a low roundhouse, he is likely to continue doing it." - TheMuffinMan
  • AOS-AOS- C Joined: Posts: 3,269
    I like a lot of them equally, even with the music and all, the one i don't like too much is historic distillery.
    PSN/Steam: AOS- [Gouken, Ryu]
    Wii U (SSB4): Okrapaeli [Mario, Link]
  • gauravrawgauravraw Scrub forever Joined: Posts: 82
    Fights in Deserted Temple seems pretty intense to me, so whenever am playing after a long break, I start with the temple and then the boat ones. I don't like stages with many people in the background.
  • ShervinShervin 09'er Joined: Posts: 1,994
    overpass is the worst

best are
    old temple
    distillery
    and snowy railyard
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

__

I've been told I'm entertaining in Battlefield and my roommate and I often get in fist fights over Nba 2k, watch here:
  • Francys PaiFrancys Pai ☆ Resident Cynic ☆ Joined: Posts: 5,085
    Has to be snowy rail yard because of the music, Close second is Volcano.
    MVY. Francys Pai | Eternal Blaze - Mad Vega Yomi forever <3
    "When one looks like glass, everything else looks to be made of stone."

Art blog; Scarlet Eyed Rätsel
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,381
    Inland Jungle
    Old Temple
    Drive Inn

In that order. I only play Inland Jungle in Player Match. I like Drive Inn's music I never play it when I'm online because it lags during big Ultras and sometimes desynchs.
  • konkretekonkrete NCV Joined: Posts: 2,380
    Overpass then backalley.
    I don't know how you can pass on overpass when it's really good looking AND HAS FATTY. There's no contest
  • Playa_VPlaya_V CFN: Playa-V Joined: Posts: 218
  • Captain MazdaCaptain Mazda Legendary Legs Joined: Posts: 70
    I changed the music for every stage and have a funky Chun-Li remix for the crowded downtown

Visually I really dig the volcano stage...which isn't even included in the poll?
  • Machineking1313Machineking1313 Infamous User Joined: Posts: 1,449
    Cruise Ship Stern is my favorite, when SFIV first came out, I paused the game on the stage, and busted out some glowsticks and then raved.
    Everyone! Get your torches lit and your pitchforks ready! We are storming Capcom's headquarters while shouting "SHORYUKEN!!!!"

Check out my Yu-Gi-Oh product opening channel! https://youtube.com/channel/UCQXD7kWDoEKw51lPfngMELg
    Please like and subscribe if you enjoy the videos!
  • nano5896nano5896 BlightedAgent Joined: Posts: 282
    My favorite is Snowy Rail Yard. I wish SF4 had character specific stage.
  • Machineking1313Machineking1313 Infamous User Joined: Posts: 1,449
    I know a lot of you guys really want character specific stages but, if they do that, which they arnt for SSFIV, I hope they dont just bring back the old SFII stages, I mean, I have seen enough of Ken's dock stage for the last 20 years...time for something new and SFIV provided it.

Sometimes when I hear people cry about how SFIV isnt SFII/SFIII in whatever way, I just think you guys are missing the old 90s, sometimes I cry too when I play a modern Super Mario game when some of my fondest memories are of Super Mario World.
    Everyone! Get your torches lit and your pitchforks ready! We are storming Capcom's headquarters while shouting "SHORYUKEN!!!!"

Check out my Yu-Gi-Oh product opening channel! https://youtube.com/channel/UCQXD7kWDoEKw51lPfngMELg
    Please like and subscribe if you enjoy the videos!
  • HawkinsTHawkinsT Fail Joined: Posts: 925
    You forgot to list the volca... sorry, can't finish that with a straight face :rofl:.

My favourite is old temple I'm surprised so many people like overpass, I find it pretty bland.
    SSFIV: Seth

SSV: Dhalsim, Peter, Urien
  • DogmaDogma Joined: Posts: 502
    Old Temple and Overpass.

Best stages in the game outside of the final.
  • Ink-Ink- Rapper James Joined: Posts: 156
    My favorite is the morning mist bay, just a very calm stage with not anything distracting in the background.
  • YellerDogYellerDog O S A R Joined: Posts: 248
    No volcano? You people allergic to RED?

edit: No training level either? Whaaaat.
    Cleverly designed experiments are the key.
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,342
    It's a tie between Old Temple / Deserted Temple and Crowded Downtown / Run-down Back Alley, but I'll go with the former.
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • HBRDHBRD why Joined: Posts: 2,464
    1: Beautiful/Morning Mist Bay
    2: Jungle
    3: Airfield (God tier music)
    Magnetomaniac: TEACH THIS GUY HOW TO PLAY CHUN AND RUFUS RESPECTIVELY
    Tarnish: OS is like the Coke Zero of strategy
    Abominablek: CvS1's menu theme was so gay I expected the Queer Eye guys to bust into my house and give me a makeover
  • Spinning BeatSpinning Beat Mr. creampie your girl Joined: Posts: 3,973
    Snowy rail stage (russia) is my favorite because of the music, but old temple is the best looking one.
    The most beautiful rose is cultivated in the blood of those who fall before me.
    SFV: Vega.
    3S:Ibuki, Yang, Ryu
    KOF 98:Kyo/Iori/O.Chris
    I play to learn, because you can't win if you don't know shit.
    July, 16 1991: That's when the beat dropped.
    CFN:weedandwater
    R.I.P Bankroll Fresh
  • rashed786rashed786 Joined: Posts: 345
    favourite stage has to be blanka stage (inland jungle) in the evening. I dont like background distractions. 2nd favourite is the deserted temple.

I wished they had used other backgrounds from sf2 like ryu's stage. Vega's stage would have been great especially with the climbing cage, reminds of the days when you could "magic throw" vega off the wall using Guile in sf2 ww.
  • MechaMecha Habitual Combo Dropper Joined: Posts: 388
    Gotta rep my stereotypical distillery, equipped with a shit ton of whisky AND an angry Scotsman in a kilt!

I'm gonna start a campaign to have Hamish McWhiskybarrel put into SSF4Turbo as a playable character, COME OAN GIT HYPE YA WEE BASS.
  • Savage_ShrubberSavage_Shrubber Bingo! Joined: Posts: 308
    Overpass is epic. The kid with the yellow backpack is epic. Poor kid gets picked on so much by his older brother. Halifax CARES about the kid with the yellow backpack.

I alternate between overpass, airfield and old temple, just to avoid the lava stage. That stage screws with my eyes something fierce.
  • AckuAcku Representing Rose Joined: Posts: 857
    Obviously overpass. Little Justin in the background makes it the best.

lol.

Temple and overpass are fina by me, also crowded alley at daylight.
    Sometimes when I hear people cry about how SFIV isnt SFII/SFIII in whatever way, I just think you guys are missing the old 90s, sometimes I cry too when I play a modern Super Mario game when some of my fondest memories are of Super Mario World.

That line of thought would make sense, except SF2 (ST/HF), in many ways, is superior to IV. So...yeah.

...and 3 is the money SMB.

...and Overpass is the king of IV stages.

Opinions though...
    Rindoukan Yellow Belt ...cause I paid 49.95 for lessons at the local strip mall and now I can karakusa online...
    RIP KS2
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,381
    I recently turned the BGM volume right down because the Training Mode theme was really getting to me. I've never bothered to turn it back on and tbh I don't really miss it.
  • gigabytegigabyte Joined: Posts: 631
    Why Japan stage isnt up there ? ;[
  • WompWomp Joined: Posts: 13
    Small airfield just cause it's so bright and clear.
  • The-OlympianThe-Olympian 4 the Glory of Gaea Joined: Posts: 2,134
    by far Old Temple all the way! :china:
    What of the Hunting, Hunter Bold? Brother, the Watch was Long and Cold.
    What of the Quarry ye went to Kill? Brother, He Crops in the Jungle Still.
  • MagnetoManiacMagnetoManiac EX MagMan™ Joined: Posts: 6,697
    All about the Crowded Downtown, Snowy Railyard, and Drive-In at Night. Old temple was cool at the beginning, but it started to wear down. Beautiful Bay comes close too.

How the fuck is Overpass winning? -_- people who pick that stage get wrecked -_-
    凸 (⊙▃⊙) 凸 Hold that
    Team "Get that shit outta here"
    So, do YOU know the match-up?! - team gdlk
  • SaveFightingSaveFighting Games & Pussy..Cats Joined: Posts: 406
    Going to have to go with Jungle due to the monkeys. :lol
    Real gamers play Fighting games. Fuck all the haters.
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I kinda hate overpass. The song is really annoying.

Old Temple, Beautiful Bay, and Inland Jungle for me.

I suspect my new favorite additions from Super SF4 will just be Savannah and India. I really like the theme and the lightning those stages have and put on the characters.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    How the fuck is Overpass winning? -_- people who pick that stage get wrecked -_-

Only thing getting wrecked is your tacky taste. Drive-in? You have eyes in that head of yours? :P
    RIP KS2
  • sandwichcookiesandwichcookie Unregistered User. Joined: Posts: 1,179
    training stage.

just me, the opponent and grid lines for spacing and timing.

Overpass and the african airfield are the only ones I don't get angry at when I accidentally select them instead of training stage. Volcano, and Seth's lab are the worst. I'll rage quit if I end up on those stages online :mad:
    (okay not really, but I've thought about it)
    I hated hipsters before it was mainstream.
  • ShervinShervin 09'er Joined: Posts: 1,994
    All about the Crowded Downtown, Snowy Railyard, and Drive-In at Night. Old temple was cool at the beginning, but it started to wear down. Beautiful Bay comes close too.

Hell if I know...Overpass is EASILY the worst. The song is fckn terrible, same with the kids in the back.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

__

I've been told I'm entertaining in Battlefield and my roommate and I often get in fist fights over Nba 2k, watch here:
  • Dr.ChaosDr.Chaos TokyoTea Boss Joined: Posts: 1,081
    Everyone knows Drive in at night is the best stage/song.
    -America's Cowboy
    -MvC = Greatest Game Ever

-Av by Streak