zachd.com/mvc2 video thread

Comments

• DeusDeus R U FKN SRS? Joined: Posts: 2,205

there is a new generation of elite marvel players, and you guys aren't on the list, and if you think you still deserve a spot, stop blaming shit on the game

who exactly are you referring to with this statement?

sandy? robast?

if so LOFL
    i believe in michael ross

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • Grimm_DemizeGrimm_Demize AKA DrooMighty Joined: Posts: 1,790
    who exactly are you referring to with this statement?

sandy? robast?

if so LOFL

This dude.
    8-3-2004

"Wait a minute, wait a minute, WAIT A GOD DAMN MINUTE: You played a fuckload of Marvel tournaments. There is not a single fighting game that is blacker than Marvel. They could make Roots: The Fighting Game and have Kuntakente painting the fence on slave owners and it wouldn't be blacker than Marvel." - Pertho
  • MixupMixup .. Joined: Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    hopefully the the former

You da man sanford and your right...

:clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos::clapdos:

nixnup: :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

lil potty, plz keep trying so hard. you impress everyone.
    Rip-Craig-Brian-Ian-Mark-Debbie-Michael
    ~EMS~"I was right in the middle of a fucking reptile zoo, and somebody was giving booze to these goddamn things."
  • SpyroSpyro Joined: Posts: 195
    If the old players dont have the competitive drive for the game anymore, move the fuck on already.

It's simple

Obviously.
    nobody will miss you either..

Although there's no need to emphasize this right?
    How can we miss them if they dont leave??!?!

these guys are still talking about it
    ~EMS~"I was right in the middle of a fucking reptile zoo, and somebody was giving booze to these goddamn things."
  • N.I.K.ON.I.K.O Undefeated =) Joined: Posts: 1,209
    I have found that Marvel, at least in the communities I've seen, continues to be played for multiple reasons outside of the actual gameplay itself. Catch phrases (pringles, mustache etc etc), jokes and hype are created continuously. New "rivalries" spark up out of nowhere and make for great money matches. It is also the reason why people travel 2000 plus miles and all over the country. I think these are the true characteristics that make Marvel crack. Its like that one favorite toy you had when youre a kid. Sure youll play with your new Christmas toys for a while, but eventually you go back to your favorite.

In actual gameplay, I relate Marvel somewhat to poker, where no matter how skillful your strategy might be, anything can happen at anytime in the blink of an eye. It can really suck, but isn't that itself another reason why there are incredible comebacks and so many evo moments?

I guess I'm a Marvel optimist because I have only played the game "seriously" for not that long. Last years evo was my first time in going at it against top players from both coasts in money matches and the tournament. For players like wong I would assume that theyre used to it and obviously not as exciting. As a so called "up and comer" I would like marvel to continue being the main event, despite the one hit kills, random infinites and America's favorite dhc (which I love btw lol)

I will say that sf4 is not anywhere near as broken..... at least not yet haha jk

j360! We gotta run that baaaaaaack!!!!
    Too Quick. Couldn't Be Caught.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    lil potty, plz keep trying so hard. you impress everyone.

Exactly. Nothing more impressive than people who claim they hate a game, then enter tournaments for it and threadshit later.
    Exactly. Nothing more impressive than people who claim they hate a game, then enter tournaments for it and threadshit later.

Repeat offenders for the attention whore 12 steps program....

sad thing about it, they just want <3
  • BlackHeartKingBlackHeartKing Retired t('.'t) Joined: Posts: 1,230
    what's wrong with the OTK stuff. Just learn BH and they'll never get it =P
    People complain about how my Blackheart is always running away until I finally come to them...
    THEN they complain about how quickly their team dies! o_O
  • RobustRobust Joined: Posts: 2,925
    I truly believe the only reason older players still play is due to the investment of time marvel has taken from them. When you're that good, why not still play? You don't have to like the game. I feel these people more than have the right to declare their feelings/opinions. What makes your arguments/statements more valid? You think we're annoying? People defending marvel are equally, if not more, annoying.

P.S. You should want us to leave, its the only chance you have to win.

i dunno why mixup appears do be the marvel defender? It his fault he missed the best 4 years of marvel imo. Wuda been interesting if o.g. training mode magnus got to play at more evos imo
    game is the game
  • merdocmerdoc Dont Get Shot. Joined: Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    so yeah, anyone seen this vid yet its pretty robust imo

Winning is Everything
  • sanford kellysanford kelly Evo2k9 Champ Joined: Posts: 1,069
    I truly believe the only reason older players still play is due to the investment of time marvel has taken from them. When you're that good, why not still play? You don't have to like the game. I feel these people more than have the right to declare their feelings/opinions. What makes your arguments/statements more valid? You think we're annoying? People defending marvel are equally, if not more, annoying.

P.S. You should want us to leave, its the only chance you have to win.

i dunno why mixup appears do be the marvel defender? It his fault he missed the best 4 years of marvel imo. Wuda been interesting if o.g. training mode magnus got to play at more evos imo

Honestly this is the best post ive seen the last 20 pages

Ive grown some more respect for u potter wit this one..Great post
    The Man himself
    Black President in the White House
    http://karaface.smugmug.com/gallery/8999455_ueJmF#598500939_WT9xU
  • SooMightySooMighty DUMBHOT Joined: Posts: 813
    iono why it has to be so complicated my fellow amigos. ya'll thinkin way too much into it.

it aint that hard to grasp the fact that some of us play every once in a while because it's fun. nothing more or less.

as for the magneto comments, i won't say anything because i'm too tall to stoop that low.

kells, if you quit marvel i will kill you my nig.
    I lead they follow
    I skeet they swallow
    I guess thats the thing, i stopped spending alot of time playing marvel, yet i still always place top 5 potty.

i'm not defending the game, i'm laughing at you.
  • sanford kellysanford kelly Evo2k9 Champ Joined: Posts: 1,069
    iono why it has to be so complicated my fellow amigos. ya'll thinkin way too much into it.

it aint that hard to grasp the fact that some of us play every once in a while because it's fun. nothing more or less.

as for the magneto comments, i won't say anything because i'm too tall to stoop that low.

kells, if you quit marvel i will kill you my nig.

Soo ur a Boss id work for ur crew only..ya dig
    The Man himself
    Black President in the White House
    http://karaface.smugmug.com/gallery/8999455_ueJmF#598500939_WT9xU
  • Corrado RSCorrado RS Chuang Tzu! Joined: Posts: 1,524

Marvel is what you make of it. Just like life

YES YES YES!!! And just like life, if you take it too seriously then you'll strip away the fun.

So let's just play and enjoy what it has to offer. Here's some J360 vs Khameleon MM goodness to change the subject.

Merky my man, where you've been?!
    -Synkwan

MvC2 is still CRACK.
    Team RS: Mag-proj / Sent-proj / Cyclops-AA
  • Shizuma_15Shizuma_15 Cowboys 2-6 :( Joined: Posts: 2,241
    looks like i can win marvel now!

:clapdos::clapdos:
    "what happend i won, fuck your mag"

"Bitches Be Thirsty" DJWheat
  • googlegoogle :) Joined: Posts: 746
    Marvel will either die, or become the next ST. How many people travel for ST? If you play ST, and ST happens to be at a local tournament or one you traveled to for a different game--chances are, you'll enter ST.

I believe Marvel will eventually hit the same route. Sure, maybe a handful of dedicated players will continue to travel. But, I truly don't see that happening forever. Games just get old and tired. When things are no longer fun and exciting, it becomes routine, and you start to point out everything that is wrong with it.

Marvel has stopped evolving. Sure, there could be some new things left, but no one cares to invest time into that. But, that is a whole other rant.

I can see why some complain, and others embrace it. It's fun and exciting for new players, some players only have Marvel to hold on to, while others are willing to leave it behind.
    Google?
  • HollowHollow International asshole Joined: Posts: 1,257
    I thought back in the day that Cable was the last evolution in Marvel. Marvel could very well evolve again. Problem is: No one is working toward that evolution.
    ..you pretty much win the round on straight up man juice once you activate FRKZ..
    -QwertyHero
    youtube.com/lordhollow
  • VDOVDO Rush Down God. Joined: Posts: 969
    Hey yo its me, its me, its RDG (RUSH DOWN GOD) VDO here, I just wanted to say BLAH BLAH BLAH, WAH WAH WAH! What the hell yall?? To me marvel is like a marriage.............I love it and hate it @ the same time! It is by far the cheapest most bum friendly game ever created. but @ the same time it is ALSO 1 of the most fun games EVER created!! You have the veterans who have really made a name for themselves and have had thousands of great matches be it @ a tourny, casual, or MM. You also have the bums who think they sweet cause they can fly unfly a lil or HAW HAW HAW wit storm, or even kick kick kick Viper beam, and now they @ the top of their game. whatever the case may be marvel has created a new feel and style of intensity in tournaments and game play! I swear this game has made people who have hardly never if ever won @ all against NOBODY, shine high! I'm sure some of you have come across some dude in your gaming careers and have "Molly Whopped" his ass from dusk til dawn, then along comes Mvc2 and now he's gettin a couple wins and you lookin @ him like what the fuck? Bitch you never beat me in nothing prior to this and now you think you sweet?!?! Anyways now that I'm through venting I'm just sayin that on the real I think the veterans (no disrespect) who say the are done with mvc2 are FULL UH SHIT!! Every person that I have heard say that and heard of them sayin that have ALL come back to marvel! Duh thats why they call it crack foos! Shit I was just @ FR12 and Mr. Perfect himself (D. Hyo) was STILL playin Mvc2 despite his feelins for top tier or whatnot. LOL yall should have seen him dancing and moving around like he was an extra in "You got served 2" lol, Brandon is my dude fareal! Anyways guys I'm just sayin I think this back and forth goofy shit about whos quittin, whos stayin, whos dissin, blah blah bullshit needs to quit! Everybody has a choice...........either you can play it, or try not to play, the only thing is you must remember that marvel is CRACK so tryin to quit will be next to impossible, cause sooner or later you will return ...........AAAAAAND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LIIIINE, CAUSE VDO SAID SO!!
    "NOT QUITE THE RIGHT DIRECTION,.. THE WAY TO HELL IS......RIGHT HERE!"
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You also have the bums who think they sweet cause they can fly unfly a lil or HAW HAW HAW wit storm, or even kick kick kick Viper beam, and now they @ the top of their game.

:rofl: Don't hate on- Uh, Uh, Uuugh Viperbeam SON! :clapdos:
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • Tech RomancerTech Romancer PSN: Tech_Romancer Joined: Posts: 5,200
    I thought back in the day that Cable was the last evolution in Marvel. Marvel could very well evolve again. Problem is: No one is working toward that evolution.

I'm working towards an evolution of my own. And you, VDO (among others) are going to help me get it.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    "Problem with Marvel is when you are not mashing you are losing". - 9thPixel
  • thraaaaathraaaaa surprise sex! Joined: Posts: 339
    Marvel is a cash-cow for the "top" players as long as you got majors and money matches, shit is never going to die,

its still fun to play too, no other game out there will make you make a game-changing decision in less then a sec. there's that crack for ya
    "You have to take the good with the bad, smile when you're sad, love what you got, and remember what you had, always forgive, but never forget, learn from your mistakes, but never regret, people change, things go wrong, jus remember life goes on"
  • BlackHeartKingBlackHeartKing Retired t('.'t) Joined: Posts: 1,230

You take that back! :nunchuck:
    People complain about how my Blackheart is always running away until I finally come to them...
    THEN they complain about how quickly their team dies! o_O
  • HuStLeMaN17HuStLeMaN17 #2O gArY pAyToN... tHa-GlOvE Joined: Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

good point.
    Love, Marvel vs Capcom 2 - Hate, Ultimate Tatsunoko vs Capcom 3

UMVC3/TVC FOREVER AND ALWAYS TRASH TIER!!!!
    wow vdo finisher
  • spleenspleen Joined: Posts: 1,138
    my mom / dad still play Pac-man & Galaga 31 years later-

we'll repeat the same cycle with Marvel ST 3s etc..

When i win a major or top 5 then ill retire :nunchuck:
  • ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,800
    good point.

Josh360 and IM.

Cl0ck seems done but Amir might raise Strider.

You also got a bunch of people here and there with their own teams doing their thing.

If MvC2 gets a new DC perfect release for PS3 then the era of MvC2 is just beginning.
  • CBCB Joined: Posts: 2,840
    Josh360 and IM.

You also got a bunch of people here and there with their own teams doing their thing.

If MvC2 gets a new DC perfect release for PS3 then the era of MvC2 is just beginning.

no doubt, big money comin up!!!:looney::looney::looney:
  • HuStLeMaN17HuStLeMaN17 #2O gArY pAyToN... tHa-GlOvE Joined: Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Josh360 and IM.

If MvC2 gets a new DC perfect release for PS3/360 then the era of MvC2 is just beginning.

I totally agree, but I got to change one thing from your post:smokin:
    Love, Marvel vs Capcom 2 - Hate, Ultimate Tatsunoko vs Capcom 3

UMVC3/TVC FOREVER AND ALWAYS TRASH TIER!!!!
  • Deth-ScyanydeDeth-Scyanyde The Lost Messiah... Joined: Posts: 626

...No one that really matters to the majority of the players at least...this one statement raises many viable points. My dude, you already know about the shit I told you a while back, it's just a matter of who takes the time and patience to pull shit like that in-match (on tape) and have others just...:wow:
    I'm on random accounts on XBL, good luck finding me...LOL!
    Team Hellscythe - Wesker, Dormammu, Doom
    Benchwarmers - Skrull, Nemesis, Firebrand, (Phoenix)
    Fuck Vergils, Spencers & Taskmasters...90% of Wesker players are trash.
  • SF_PHOCUSSF_PHOCUS Mvc2011...? Joined: Posts: 1,630
    ...No one that really matters to the majority of the players at least...this one statement raises many viable points. My dude, you already know about the shit I told you a while back, it's just a matter of who takes the time and patience to pull shit like that in-match (on tape) and have others just...:wow:

lol the old heads is leavin oh well new niggas gotta step it up.. crack this weekend?

Hey Mixup u from FL right?? Ima be in FL when i get that break from school.. Im tryna crack it up and :smokin: Hardbody lolz
    ill smoke red and method man under the table. Easy.
    i'm in pensacola, hit me w the pm for details.

we can work something out with the other marvel players around here too.

so much smoke u can barely make out the screen
  • illcontestedillcontested Black0ut Joined: Posts: 105
    What happened in the "I never woulda done that video?" I couldnt hear or see anything strange.
    Marvel 3 blog (+ other random gaming goodness eventually): Ahblack0ut.tumblr.com (zero instead of o)
    Gamer handle: Black0ut
    Main team: Chris/Taskmaster/Wesker
  • Deth-ScyanydeDeth-Scyanyde The Lost Messiah... Joined: Posts: 626
    lol the old heads is leavin oh well new niggas gotta step it up.. crack this weekend?

Hey Mixup u from FL right?? Ima be in FL when i get that break from school.. Im tryna crack it up and :smokin: Hardbody lolz

Nah, I'm done this weekend (work and the kid has taken up my priorities). I'ma try and hit up the CrackHouse sometime this week so I'll keep you posted on that.

...damn...wish I could join ya on that trip bro...-_-'
    I'm on random accounts on XBL, good luck finding me...LOL!
    Team Hellscythe - Wesker, Dormammu, Doom
    Benchwarmers - Skrull, Nemesis, Firebrand, (Phoenix)
    Fuck Vergils, Spencers & Taskmasters...90% of Wesker players are trash.
  • ADAD aSiAnDeMoN Joined: Posts: 1,960
    Any news about the Final Round videos, Marvel that is.

flapp was recording most of all the matches, but i dont know when he's gonna post them up
    | Ö | £ | d | Σ | ç | h | ò | ò | £ | Å | ┼ | Ñ | ö | ö | ñ |
  • BeaTs*BeaTs* ∞ Consciousness Joined: Posts: 6,518
    lol you may never see them!!!

well, if he's backed up on all this tourney footage (he may have some footage from even before the january tourney footage he has) then that's probably why it takes him a long time to post the footage up.
    Love and Light Arcana, Awakening comes in Flower Multilayers
    Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Arcana Heart 3 matches and combos: youtube.com/juanniG
  • thraaaaathraaaaa surprise sex! Joined: Posts: 339
    Any news about the Final Round videos, Marvel that is.

from the FR Marvel results thread

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    "You have to take the good with the bad, smile when you're sad, love what you got, and remember what you had, always forgive, but never forget, learn from your mistakes, but never regret, people change, things go wrong, jus remember life goes on"
  • Cool-BreezeCool-Breeze ATL Home to 3D Gaming's Finest Joined: Posts: 2,834
    I have almost every last match in marvel from final round including the finals, I just have to wait and get confirmation from shinblanka on the DvD what matches besides top38 will go on there etc.

I uploaded a few matches day by day so click and subscribe to stay updated fella's thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LordIceman
    Interested in Keeping up with Ga's Gaming Scene
    youtube.com/LordIceman justin.tv/lordiceman826 twitter.com/lordiceman