zachd.com/mvc2 video thread

PreppyPreppy act like you're used to itJoined: Posts: 11,782 mod
Vid 'announcements' get hidden in the Tournament Results thread, so... I figured a new dedicated thread would at least make it easier for people to track what's new on my site.

Currently shared vids are here at http://zachd.com/mvc2.

Do NOT use FlashGet. FlashGet is broken. It will randomly WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE download thousands of copies of the same file, completely DESTROYING the web server you are trying to use it with. If you use FlashGet, I will ban you.

Subscribe to this thread to get my update announcements, or just check the page directly for updates. This thread will generally get new announcements first, since I like SRK peeps more than completely random peeps. :smile:

A full searchable list of all the footage I have is here:
* http://zachd.com/mvc2/fulllist.html

You are welcome to post up footage or links to footage of your tourneys/play as long as its decent stuff. If it's a combo video, don't post it if it's interlaced.

I will host fighting game footage for other people... just ask - better than MegaUpload or something like that. You can hit me up on AIM ('zachdms') or MSN ('zachdms@hotmail.com') or PM me here.

To get me footage, the best options for me and the site are:
* regardless of all else, ZIP or RAR it into one package
* Option A: put it upon rapidshare / yousendit / megaupload and send me the URL preferred
* Option B: send it to me AIM
You could also send it to me via MSN/Windows Live Messenger, but that sucks at last check since it doesn't support resume (does it do that now?).
You could also ask me to set you up a temporary account on my server, but that's a minor pain in the ass that I'd generally like to avoid. If we do that, you can only use FileZilla (SFTP) to get to the site, no other upload manager will be able to connect.
I don't like being on AIM, so just ping me on this thread to get on AIM and I will.
http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
"If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

Comments

• DeusDeus R U FKN SRS? Joined: Posts: 2,205
    MUCH appreciated, thanks preppy
    i believe in michael ross

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • SmokeySmokey Top-Tier User Joined: Posts: 1,663
  • Magnetic HailMagnetic Hail **Retired** Joined: Posts: 695
    keep 'em coming ........ what happened to all the Row vids :sad: ?

Chun li represent :encore:

and spiral still going strong !
  • RobyrtRobyrt Joined: Posts: 102
    The Olympia Tilt vids are great, thanks for uploading. The newer ones, though, are basically unwatchable because they were encoded at 99kbps.
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 11,782 mod
    MH: I cycle out the older footage - I mention this here. As it is, I've got a little under 3GB of files shared out this way. You can grab older vids from me via AIM, or via DC if the GFB hub ever comes back up. :sad:

Robyrt: I'll likely add an 'encoding' and 'filming suggestions' section next time I update the page. Still, they're videos you probably wouldn't have seen otherwise, so I myself won't be complaining too bitterly. :smile:
    http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
  • b1gaznb1gazn SWAG Joined: Posts: 7,463
    You are the man. You are helping out the community in a big ASS way. Good shit. Thanks.
    The last 10 years playing MvC2, I can honestly say I still see things playing marvel now that I've never seen before. crazy - clock

I'd rather buy 6 copies of MvC2 than buy 1 copy of TvC3!

I am now playing ____ when _____ comes out I will be leveling up in that game, even if it is crappy because I am a gaymer!

LOL Super MvC3? The game isn't even a year old and they are already scrapping this game.

I want Ariel in SMvC3!
  • phat_toiphat_toi Stony Fucking Starks Joined: Posts: 517
    Good looking out

~Stony Starks~
    The RILLEST Iron Man in CALIFORNIA!! just got RILLER than REAL!! (MILOCHRONITED)
    HIgher Team Toi- IM/Sent/Cable**
    much love Dr.Spr0cter for the AV
    I dont know whats better, getting laid or getting paid!
    Emcee's i squash and disgrace/Its all about the Benjis, so why ur bills got washington's face?
    Like a swisher sweet homie, im easy to roll with/
    CherryBawlsTong-GSkeetBeachPie
    DIP$ET DIP$ET DIP$ET, GET EM GIRLS
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 20,835 admin
    Robyrt wrote:
    The Olympia Tilt vids are great, thanks for uploading. The newer ones, though, are basically unwatchable because they were encoded at 99kbps.

If you mean the new RiCo tourney vids, only 2 were accidentally encoded at 99kbps due to human error; the Genghis vs. Joe and Ruin vs. Genghis #1. Everything else is normally watchable, with some vids having minor black bars because again, due to human error, we forgot to set the framerate to 1/60 for those vids.
  • donaldducktmdonaldducktm A Higher Donald Duck! Joined: Posts: 2,030
    Preppy is da beast. keep it up man. keep the community alive
    donaldducktm: what are some good "setups" to ask a girl to prom?
    Originally posted by RandomNigga
    Call sent ground, triangle dash behind her. If she turns around to confront you and not get crossed-up, leave her be; the pussy is on lock. If she gets hit by drones and passes out, rape her; all the fun of prom with no expense. If she takes three from sent in the face and is still conscious, claim her; she's a keeper.

What should you expect from shrooming?
    Originally posted by chair_home
    You'll grow to about twice your regular size, but strangely, your overalls and plumber's hat will grow to fit you too. If you pick up any flowers, you'll be able to throw fireballs, but watch out for turtles and potatoes with feet, touching them will revert you to your original size.
    *cough*.
  • MagnetoManiacMagnetoManiac EX MagMan™ Joined: Posts: 6,697
    That website is the shit. More IM vids needed!!!! :((
    凸 (⊙▃⊙) 凸 Hold that
    Team "Get that shit outta here"
    So, do YOU know the match-up?! - team gdlk
  • N-KenN-Ken dipthrongjr jr Joined: Posts: 2,935
    Zach I <3 your site, Olympia vids were cool, especially since DND took Marvel, he deserved that shit:clap:. I'm curious if your hosting bills are insanely high? Or is this courtesy of MS?
    SHIPP ITT: hey vietcong SHIPP ITT: nice job sunday
    vietcong01: tyshipp SHIPP ITT: np, hud
    vietcong01: ok gl
  • CarnevilCarnevil Defense > * Joined: Posts: 739
    Preppy for president!
    I got my fist
    I got my plan
    I got survivalism
    Preppy wrote:
    MH: I cycle out the older footage - I mention this here. As it is, I've got a little under 3GB of files shared out this way. You can grab older vids from me via AIM, or via DC if the GFB hub ever comes back up. :sad:

I've tried the GFB hub but it ain't working for some reason, at least for me. Send me a PM when its up and working again, Rowtron is teh shit :clap:
    Thanks. :smile:
    That website is the shit. More IM vids needed!!!! :((
    The LanWerx 'low tier' update (about two tapes worth, or ... 50 files?) will have about ten matches with Iron Man in them. Iron Man doesn't get the most love around here, though. :smile:

N-Ken: Naw, I just pay for the disk space, and the bandwidth is free. So it works out pretty damn well.
    Preppy is the best. :clap: Thanks for always helping out the community. :pleased:
  • Brood_StarBrood_Star Joined: Posts: 99
    Bring
    Up
    My
    That LanWerx vid of you is KICK ASS! :-)
  • MuskerMusker o_oU Joined: Posts: 213
    Preppy thanks a lot, man. I don't even know you but you are nice.
    Two rules:
    Learn the system. Abuse it.
    Brood_star: thanks. :smile:

Update: 12-3 low tier-only casual footage from LanWerx posted.

PA videos taken down to make space. The Evo videos will be going down by the end of the week to make space for the 12-18 LanWerx tourney vids.
    RAPEAGE :woot: good shit and thanks.
    The last 10 years playing MvC2, I can honestly say I still see things playing marvel now that I've never seen before. crazy - clock

I am now playing ____ when _____ comes out I will be leveling up in that game, even if it is crappy because I am a gaymer!

LOL Super MvC3? The game isn't even a year old and they are already scrapping this game.

I want Ariel in SMvC3!
    Some matches like row vs preppy,etc... the link is broken...
    Why dis happen???
  • HovadagoDHovadagoD 1 TOUCH KILL "NIGGA" Joined: Posts: 133
    nice!

with the new beard you look like one of the charachters from "altered beast"
    When my adrenalin is @ a maximum I can't be touched !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Some matches like row vs preppy,etc... the link is broken...
    Why dis happen???
    Which links are broken? I'll check, but if you can point out specific links to worry about, that would help.
  • TreybonewTreybonew Overworked Member Joined: Posts: 98
    Preppy, so far these vids are broken:

Preppy (W ServbotDoomTron) vs Ian (DoomIronManThanos)
    Preppy (W ServbotDoomTron) vs Row (AmingoSabertoothKen)
    Preppy (ServbotDoomTron) vs Ian (W JuggyGuileCapCom)
    Preppy (GambitCapComTron) vs Kyle (W RyuCammyCyke)

I am d/ling right now if more come up, I will post.

BTW, good shit posting up the low tier stuff. I am so bored with marvel right now, it is a nice change to see good low tier stuff. Someone there needs to play Ruby(anti-air),storm(variety),capcom(anti-air). This team is funny as hell for zoning. I call it "The Wall"
    "Death is guaranteed, it's life that makes you wonder."
    Kansas City Onslaught (K.O.)
    Mushroom Tip Inc© "We go balls Deep 24/7"
    Treybonew wrote:
    Preppy, so far these vids are broken:

Preppy (W ServbotDoomTron) vs Ian (DoomIronManThanos)
    Preppy (W ServbotDoomTron) vs Row (AmingoSabertoothKen)
    Preppy (ServbotDoomTron) vs Ian (W JuggyGuileCapCom)
    Preppy (GambitCapComTron) vs Kyle (W RyuCammyCyke)

I am d/ling right now if more come up, I will post.

BTW, good shit posting up the low tier stuff. I am so bored with marvel right now, it is a nice change to see good low tier stuff. Someone there needs to play Ruby(anti-air),storm(variety),capcom(anti-air). This team is funny as hell for zoning. I call it "The Wall"
    Right... :tup:
    The link is broken
    Here are some more:

RowTron (BlackheartIronManGuile) vs Preppy (W ChunSakuraTron)
    Minh (W DoomCammyKen) vs Ian (AnakarisShumaRyu)
    Minh (W DoomCammyKen) vs RowTron (PsylockeCykeRyu)
    Minh (W DoomCammyKen) vs Kyle (WolvieWolvieTron)
    Minh (W DoomCammyKen) vs Preppy (MegaManCapComTron)
    Minh (W KenCammyDoom) vs Ian (RubyHeartCaptAmerCyke)
    Minh (KenCammyDoom) vs RowTron (W KenIronmanSilSam)
    Minh (IcemanBBHoodJuggy) vs Preppy (W ChunSilSamTron)
    Okay, identified all the missing files from the Low Tier update and am re-uploading now. Should all be fixed by about 2PM PST.

Hova: Thanks. :smile: I didn't take a picture of it this year so far, but it's my Santa beard - see pic here, although that's last year's crappy first-attempt job (hand and spray stage-makeup-dyed hair and beard, done for the amusement of my family) - I did a much better job last weekend to amuse the gang. :smile: FWIW, I think AssQuatch (guy who took 3rd at the Olympia tourney) and I are likely going to have a best of 7 battle in January, with the loser having to shave off his beard.

EDIT: All fixed up.
  • Brood_StarBrood_Star Joined: Posts: 99
    Preppy wrote:
    Okay, identified all the missing files from the Low Tier update and am re-uploading now. Should all be fixed by about 2PM PST.

Hova: Thanks. :smile: I didn't take a picture of it this year so far, but it's my Santa beard - see pic here, although that's last year's crappy first-attempt job (hand and spray stage-makeup-dyed hair and beard, done for the amusement of my family) - I did a much better job last weekend to amuse the gang. :smile: FWIW, I think AssQuatch (guy who took 3rd at the Olympia tourney) and I are likely going to have a best of 7 battle in January, with the loser having to shave off his beard.

EDIT: All fixed up.

Whoo, I want you to win AND lose now. -_-

Anyways, nice stuff. Everyone should play Low Tier games at tourneys now. ^_^. More fun than watching the same stuff over and over again.

EDIT: Also, No Dan/Roll Love. :sad:
  • BlueMary69BlueMary69 If I Drown let me Sink Joined: Posts: 749
    Dam love the videos :clap: expecially the ones with dhalsim and cyke owning some serious ass cant wait for more :pleased:

Happy Holidays
    Happy holidays to all. :smile:

Marvel vids from the LanWerx 12/18 tourney are up: http://www.zachd.com/mvc2/index.html#lanwerx.

Other updates:
    * Looks like the bulk of the remaining Florida footage (final 16) is probably a lost cause for very understandable reasons. Will be getting further details on this in mid-January and seeing what may still be around.
    * Interviews still pending - we haven't managed to get everybody in the same room yet
    * More 12/18 LanWerx footage is probably forthcoming, this time of CvS2, thanks to Ken Masters who was taping too. :smile:
    ~8 CvS2 vids from the 12/18 tourney are now up. The Evo footage was taken down to make room.
  • MagnetroMagnetro Joined: Posts: 2,134
    phat_toi wrote:
    Good looking out

~Stony Starks~

lololol

thanks though
  • KorngoKorngo ______ Joined: Posts: 3,620
    Thanks ALOT Preppy. =D Your the best. Big thanks for putting up with my shitty ass speed when I was upping to you, too. =/
  • KoostKoost Joined: Posts: 953
    thanks zac,
    being generous as always
    Seeing someone else play Amingo (and win, for that matter) brings tears of joy to my eyes :pleased:
  • DC_StaTicDC_StaTic A.K.A MilkManDan Joined: Posts: 294
    Mapster007 wrote:
    Seeing someone else play Amingo (and win, for that matter) brings tears of joy to my eyes :pleased:

so your that tall white dude that goes to ffa and uses amingo... damn i havent been there in such a long time and i still remember what is left of that place
    "A Higher Magneto is a privilege. Not everyone can have this title. A Higher Magneto is top-notch."

-HMC

SooMighty:you are a higher magneto
    That would be me, yes. Which one are you? Have I played you before?
    Will there be anymore NEC5 vids coming out? Like starbury vs wigfall, demon hyo vs desmond in losers finals, setinaaal vs Omar in losers??? What happened to the rest of the vids???? The finals aren't even up yet!
    I think Isaac has the rest of the NEC vids... ? I haven't heard anymore from him about those, but the holidays messed everybody up.

Next update will probably be low tier Cali footage once they decide what matches they want to use (they may use CV.com instead). I'm also getting 2-4 tapes next week from a tournament from last year that's near and dear to all of our hearts, and I'll encode those promptly. Other than that, next footage should be footage from the upcoming LanWerx tourney. For anything else: people just need to get it to me. :smile:

I'll probably take down the Tricks of the Trade videos next, since that'll clear up about 1GB of space, and I think everybody has all of them by now.
    1/2 of the Tricks of the Trade videos (the bigger ones) taken down tonight, 40 match update from MikeZ/Magnetro/Mapster is uploading currently, should be done by Friday afternoon or so. :smile:

I will be taking down the rest of the Tricks of the Trade videos late next week when the tapes arrive, so if you want those videos, get 'em now.
  • DibbleDibble Gtfo Joined: Posts: 152
    Low Tier ownz

All tours from now on should be low tier
    Low tier is great.
  • HuStLeMaN17HuStLeMaN17 #2O gArY pAyToN... tHa-GlOvE Joined: Posts: 1,282
    Zach do you have any video of me, cause I wanna see how I can get better by watching my tourny vids.
    Love, Marvel vs Capcom 2 - Hate, Ultimate Tatsunoko vs Capcom 3

UMVC3/TVC RUINED MY FAVORITE FG SERIES, THANKS AGAIN CAPCOM!!
    Low Tier vid update is up now! Vids of Mapster, Magnetro, and MikeZ throwing it down: New vids.

Jesse: PM'd the list to you. The full list of the shareable vids I have is here.

EDIT: Your PM box is full. See attached.
    Match 4 is awesome, 2 100% combos with juggs

MIKE Z FOR PREZ 2008
    wooo preppy is da man, finally some ruby heart match vids, guess MikeZ wasn't joking when he said anything u can headcrush u can do the same for that fireball super :tup:
    MAtch 24 is VICIOUS. The crossover tag is too nasty. :wow:
    As always nice job to Preppy for hosting the vids.

I want Ariel in SMvC3!
    The vids can't play to me. help pls.sssxzzzz thx... preppy

why dis happen!
    The vids can't play to me. help pls.sssxzzzz thx... preppy

why dis happen!

just like you, i cant play the videos, Helpppppp!!!! :sad:
    wooo preppy is da man, finally some ruby heart match vids, guess MikeZ wasn't joking when he said anything u can headcrush u can do the same for that fireball super :tup:

Actually, Ruby's fireball super is faster. On its initial startup it is faster than the headcrush, so there are things that she can react to from a full screen away that juggs can't.