zachd.com/mvc2 video thread

Comments

• PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 11,712 mod
    You'll need to explain yourself if you want my help understanding why the videos won't play. This is overkill, but http://www.zachd.com/pss/pss.html#isolate covers some of the basics of how you explain a technical media problem. Saying something like "vids don't work" isn't very useful information. =\
    http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 20,835 admin
    The vids work fine. It's only that
    the recent ones(Casual play vids?) start after
    it completes downloading instead of playing right
    away once you click.

Just wait about a min. It will pop up.
  • _MJ_#R_MJ_#R gfbnews.blogspot.com Joined: Posts: 1,592
    man low tier is fun to watch..
    GFB News - gfbnews.blogspot.com - match videos updated daily
    ComboVideos - combovideos.com - for your CV needs
  • SkyeElementalSkyeElemental He knows dat spacing Joined: Posts: 253
    These vids were dope, no doubt. My personal fave was 44 as that Doom vs Sim solo battle at the end looked tight as fuck.

Outta curiousity, what was the song that was used during the Cave stage? And what was the Sandstorm remix used in teh Carnival Stage?
    Yeah men! There is no Chapter 36 in your site. Please check it! Thx...
    I never had chapter 36 up. You can find that at combovideos.com. :smile:
    http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    Update: Vids arrived safely (thanks Van). I'm currently encoding tape 1 of 4. I'll probably be taking down the remainder of the Tricks of the Trade videos and the SouthWest Regionals to free up space for the new vids. These vids are VHS->computer, so I'm not sure how quality will be nor how long it will take, but we'll get this done. :smile:

EDIT: Captured the two short tapes, and am in the middle of capturing the first of the two long tapes. Should have all four tapes captured by tomorrow.
  • ADAD aSiAnDeMoN Joined: Posts: 1,960
    does anyone have cvs2 tricks of trade vids of chun li, ken, sagat, blannka they can send me, ill pay you back by making you an avatar or tag
    | Ö | £ | d | Σ | ç | h | ò | ò | £ | Å | ┼ | Ñ | ö | ö | ñ |
    ^-- I've got all those. But the Blanka vid was never publicly released, TMK - it was only available as part of the VCD set. I'll post up the other 3 (chapters 6, 10, and 16), but somebody should check with DJ-B13 whether or not it's cool to share Blanka / chapter 39. :smile:
    well i actually didnt care much for blanka so its okay, so wut do you want in ur avatar, and do you want it like a image like the one i have or animated, and are you premium for the 45k size avas or you just a regular member
    They're up now: http://www.zachd.com/mvc2/tott .

Anything with Kobun/Servbot would be cool - and yeah, I'm premium. :smile:

EDIT: Comments on pending update:
    * "OWWWW!!!!!"
    * "jmar is out of control"
    As many of you know, JMar and I went to Gainesville to help support the Gainesville "Last Stand" tournament last year. Unfortunately, Brian (Mummy-B) passed on before he could complete the encoding project. In his memory, I have completed the encoding, and the remaining videos are now available:
    * http://zachd.com/mvc2/mummy.html

Rest in peace, Mummy.
    Word. You're right, that Jmar/Mixup video is HOT.

N
  • Storming FlowerStorming Flower Top player hater Joined: Posts: 617
    wow i love these vids.

jmar vs mixup-now i know why mss-a is a cheap/ cheater team.

vegita x is still too good, especially match 2 vs sentinaaal.
    sentinaal's blocking is still too good from the past few vids i've seen of him.

justin's cable is nice, i gotta learn team scrub starting cable.
    Grand finals was great, all matrix music, it was like watching neo beast on everybody. msp is too good
  • Magnetic HailMagnetic Hail **Retired** Joined: Posts: 695
    Mixup is tight :tup: unlucky finish though :sad:
    i really dont know wut the exact size limit for premium members are now since it changed but heres a 56 frame 43k avatar
    Click HERE

and i made you another one cuz that was pretty simple for wut you hosted for me
    Click HERE
  • KorngoKorngo ______ Joined: Posts: 3,620
    omg... wozzle cable = GOD!!!! thanks preppy =]
  • Vega_RedVega_Red Joined: Posts: 148
    Thank you very much for the vids. Unfortunately there's something wrong with the CvS2 Grand Finals, it seems like the file is not complete.
    AsianDemon: Thanks. :smile:

sw: I got the PM, I just still don't have answers on that one. Working on it. =\

Vega: ... ? How is something wrong with the file? What EXACTLY is happening that you think is aberrant? Is it stopping previous to the end, or is not playing at all, or what in what player?

Overall: I'm done with 2 of the 3 tapes from this past Saturday's tourmanent. Once I get done encoding the last tape, I'll update the site with 'em. There's some great 'quality' matches (including a number of great comebacks) as well as a number of low tier casual matches.
  • Vega_RedVega_Red Joined: Posts: 148
    I think the file is not complete, it stops before the end (don't remember the exaxct time but it was between 15 and 20 minutes). Filesize seems to be a little bit to small for vid which is 21:25 long and encoded with 576 kbit/s too. It's also impossible to jump to a specific time in this vid, like always when you have an incomplete wmv-file. I used Windows Media Player10 and Media Player Classic, I also tried to download the file a second time. Sorry for net being very precise in my previous post.
    Thanks - yeah, upon checking further, it turns out that file didn't fully upload. I'll upload it again in about an hour. Sorry about that. =\

EDIT: Dammit. I've uploaded *more* of that file, but it turns out that there is a disc error in the CD that I'd burnt. I'll reupload it from the source file that's on my home machine tomorrow. Sorry about this. :lame:
  • RowJoeRowJoe Counting hallways... Joined: Posts: 1,580
    Holy shit, that was a crazy comback with JMar's MSS...
  • BshidoHEATBshidoHEAT BshidoMARIE? Joined: Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Preppy ;)
    Ö£d Σçhòò£ Å┼ Ñööñ GFWL: BushidoHEAT
    Fighting games and Music www.youtube.com/bushidoheat/
    Music I make www.soundcloud.com/benacosta
    Music others make but I play www.mixcloud.com/benacosta
    Streaming EDM every Tuesday 3PM-5PM EST: My DJ Stream!
  • THE CHUNKSTA!THE CHUNKSTA! When in doubt pull it out Joined: Posts: 1,336
    Preppy's website is the greatness :tup: Thanks for all the vids Preppy. :clap: =D

~Chunksta~
    "One thick room...FULL OF BAD BITCHES"
    Thanks. :smile:

2/3 of Saturday's tourney is up now:
    * http://zachd.com/mvc2/index.html
    Alright, the Florida CvS2 Grand Finals video has been fixed up. It looks like the miniDV tapes of Florida *have* been found, so I may encode those tapes (presuming they wend their way to me) so that you can hear crowd reaction during the matches and alla that. :smile:

The remaining footage I had (MvC2, Third Strike Winner's Finals) is now up:
    * http://zachd.com/mvc2/
    This is the only new footage I expect to have this month - hit me up on AIM or Messenger or whatnot if you have footage you want hosted. :smile:
    Wow, I couldn't even find this thread. Fighting Game Discussion has a lot of threads. :smile:

"Classic" update for MvC2 low-tier fans: Murakumo's Dhalsim vids, Mike Z's "How To Play Team Z" vids, Magnetro's Zangief vid, Higher-Jin's Charlie vid, and JChensor's Megaman/Tron vid are now up semi-hiddenly at http://zachd.com/mvc2/3rd . I'll list on the regular page next time I update. If the repost of this stuff bothers anybody, let me know. These are the best non-DJ-b13 low tier combo vids that I know of. :smile:

I'll be taping this weekend's tourney (our last at LanWerx-Kicks), but it's my brother's wedding the next weekend, so I don't promise any quick returns on that footage.
  • MagnetroMagnetro Joined: Posts: 2,134
    Oh shit lololol Zangief...

Dhalsim Video Coming Soon(?)
    Nice! :tup: I played against Murakumo tonight and experienced firsthand some of the newer Dhalsim stuff. :smile:

I got about three raw hours of footage tonight (Rattana, JMar, Nolan, Josh, Switchup, me), which probably translates into about 1.5 hours of actual footage. I'll tack that on somehow to the upcoming (1-2 weeks from now) tournament footage from tomorrow. :smile:
  • ApocApoc SF Bendu Knight Joined: Posts: 704
    Just stopped by to say DAMN! Zach is rockin' the set!

Seriously Zach, you should consider gettin' some folks together for a serious national. With Evo admitting to being like SBO and now, SBO admitting that it's to showcase newer games and isn't a hardcore tourney, we could use another serious national to take the place of the Evolution tournament. Just a suggestion meign:D

Anyway, great work! Where do you find the time!? UR the MAN in the NW!

Apoc.
    Team USA 2002

Mirc:EFnet:#gamecombos-for your combo and match vid fix! Also, go check Dr.Funkenstein's hub!

"a thug changes, n' luv changes, and best friends become strangehs...word up."- Nas- The Message

The End is near...

I AM the counter.
  • MagnetroMagnetro Joined: Posts: 2,134
    Preppy wrote:
    Nice! :tup: I played against Murakumo tonight and experienced firsthand some of the newer Dhalsim stuff. :smile:

I got about three raw hours of footage tonight (Rattana, JMar, Nolan, Josh, Switchup, me), which probably translates into about 1.5 hours of actual footage. I'll tack that on somehow to the upcoming (1-2 weeks from now) tournament footage from tomorrow. :smile:

ytmnd! :rofl: get me some Murakumo matches?!
  • donaldducktmdonaldducktm A Higher Donald Duck! Joined: Posts: 2,030
    those Seattle Marvel players are fucking scary! magneto/storm/cyke combos are crazy

edit: thanks preppy!!! :tup:
    donaldducktm: what are some good "setups" to ask a girl to prom?
    Originally posted by RandomNigga
    Call sent ground, triangle dash behind her. If she turns around to confront you and not get crossed-up, leave her be; the pussy is on lock. If she gets hit by drones and passes out, rape her; all the fun of prom with no expense. If she takes three from sent in the face and is still conscious, claim her; she's a keeper.

What should you expect from shrooming?
    Originally posted by chair_home
    You'll grow to about twice your regular size, but strangely, your overalls and plumber's hat will grow to fit you too. If you pick up any flowers, you'll be able to throw fireballs, but watch out for turtles and potatoes with feet, touching them will revert you to your original size.
    *cough*.
    ytmnd! :rofl: get me some Murakumo matches?!
    Good timing to ask me now, since I'm just about to head out the door. I'll work on it. :smile:
    hey in the Florida Last stand videos, does anybody know the songs to the custom music? they were awesome
    Call sent ground, triangle dash behind her. If she turns around to confront you and not get crossed-up, leave her be; the pussy is on lock. If she gets hit by drones and passes out, rape her; all the fun of prom with no expense. If she takes three from sent in the face and is still conscious, claim her; she's a keeper.

You'll grow to about twice your regular size, but strangely, your overalls and plumber's hat will grow to fit you too. If you pick up any flowers, you'll be able to throw fireballs, but watch out for turtles and potatoes with feet, touching them will revert you to your original size.
    *cough*.
    anyone?

*cough*.
  • DibbleDibble Gtfo Joined: Posts: 152
    I just almost lost my job watching the vids on that site.
    Low tier is great.
    Apoc: We were going to try to expand last year's regional into a bigger regional, but unfortunately Bellevue LanWerx/Kicks Arcade shutting down gave those plans a gutshot. :sad: I don't think anybody knows what the future of tournaments in the PNW is at this point. =\

Magnetro: Curtis couldn't make the tourney because of work, so no new footage there, sorry.

Donald: I've got that mix on my computer ("Luke's People's Court Mix"), I believe, but I don't know what the songs are on it. Blaziniflo might know who to ask.

Everybody: If anybody hasn't downloaded any of the older tourney footage yet, do so now. I'll be taking almost all of it down, as I've got about 2-3GB of footage to post up from this weekend's tourney. :smile:
  • fjf314fjf314 真・瞬獄殺 Joined: Posts: 1,147
    All right, I've been looking forward to some new footage. I can't wait to start downloading. :tup:
    #1 fan of Guymelef of SRK fame.
    what is blaziniflo's sn?

*cough*.
    Uhhh... "blaziniflo". :confused:
    Okay, metric fuckload of videos have now been uploaded:

This is tourney footage from Saturday's tourney. Most of it is MvC2 because I like that best, but there's a bunch of CvS2 and CFJ and a little bit of 3S. There's a good bunch of casual MvC2 too.

I also have put up various combo videos of interest. :smile:
    Preppy wrote:

This is tourney footage from Saturday's tourney. Most of it is MvC2 because I like that best, but there's a bunch of CvS2 and CFJ and a little bit of 3S. There's a good bunch of casual MvC2 too.

Awesome, Preppy. :tup:
  • b1gaznb1gazn SWAG Joined: Posts: 7,463
    Preppy, you are the fucking man. Thanks for the host.

AND I LOVE THE 200 mb FILE. The longer the better. :tup:

Thanks
    The last 10 years playing MvC2, I can honestly say I still see things playing marvel now that I've never seen before. crazy - clock

I'd rather buy 6 copies of MvC2 than buy 1 copy of TvC3!

I am now playing ____ when _____ comes out I will be leveling up in that game, even if it is crappy because I am a gaymer!

LOL Super MvC3? The game isn't even a year old and they are already scrapping this game.

I want Ariel in SMvC3!
  • Higher-JinHigher-Jin MvC2 Moderator Joined: Posts: 1,953
    Preppy wrote:

Yea preppy thanks for doing this i really enjoyed the low tier matches.

Any tips on playing cap am ?

Just letting you know down + rh as a combo finisher leaves em much closer to you after flying screen vs. hp iirc but it requires you to be slightly above them so it's kinda hard to set it up so where you land with alot of frame advantage =/

your page rocks dude

peace

:tup:
    Either we all live in a decent world, or nobody does. - George Orwell
    Captain America: I'm just an old MvC1 Cap player - abuse his fierce, double-jump, and roll where possible. But there's not a lot of situations where you get to use the roll. I prefer him with Zangief since you can get in deep with the double-jump and abuse Zangief - and then if you get the Zangief hit, there's nice meaty combos into Final Justice (Gief-A,Fierce,LP Charging Star,Final Justice or so is pretty damned hurtful of you). It's not like there's any great secrets to him - you just have to abuse what you can abuse here, same with any other low tier character. =\

TB: I think only Jetay (raishinken) and Raul (RGA) played Iron Man during the entire tourney. Ian (SHWOKEN!) will whip him out on occasion, but not today. :smile:

I've got 3 more tapes of footage from Friday (day before tourney - the 2nd tape has Rattana, JMar, Nolan, Josh, Switchup, me), of which two are pretty much 60 minute "leave the camera running", and the other one has a little more CvS2 and 3S and will generally be released as individual files once I bother to do that. :smile: