The Arkansas Thread! We're not dead! We've just moved to Facebook :)

Comments

• DisturbinglyZenDisturbinglyZen Agent of ESports Joined: Posts: 803
    I actually have experience with cthulhu/imp and chimp. I prefer to work with chimp then cthulhu/imp because i have bad arrangement skill.

Sweet. I'll have to get you to help me with that, eventually.
    deezee989 wrote:
    WORD. Flaunt that shit man. Im putting it in my sig!
    Oh, most definately.
    DisturbinglyZen - Questionable Ethics Since 1981
    Official ARFGN Mystery Game Troll
  • m0dularm0dular \m/ Joined: Posts: 610
    Yo, this is Adrian(you know, the one trouncing mike in the latest tourney vids =T) I'm on psn on occasion and my occupation right now is "bum", so I should be able to make it to lots of these shindigs.

Now, this may be the wrong place to ask, but does anyone around here play Melee? Melee is a legitimately awesome fighting game too, you know.
  • solidxpandasolidxpanda Panda Express Baby! Joined: Posts: 2,989
    Never played much Melee. Seems too kiddy.
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    Check out my stream page for tournaments, events and online lobbies
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    Good shit guys. I've updated the post with everything up to now and I have 90-95% of the videos uploaded. I will update accordingly.
    Blake C- Yeah I was thinking we could spread fliers around campus or whatever and then have this huge tournament on campus. I mean, what better way to get publicity then to hold a tourney in the middle of campus while people are walking around? It'll also be a monthly thing so people like dlimited or Mr.Sagat or deezee could come up and chill for a weekend. Also, to make it more real, we could have like $5 buy-in or whatever.

also #2... I wouldnt say im a notable player as in Ive won state wide tourneys, but Ive won many local tourneys, and I went to the final round of the gamestop thingy. (not the championships.. the one before that) maybe you can make another * for notable local player? Or, if u think those credentials are good enough for notable... whatever. Or, if u think im a SCRUB then dont put one. Doesnt matter to me lol.
    Problem with putting too many notable players up is that everyone has credentials that could go up there, so the term kinda loses meaning. But, I get your point. I'll put a notable local player (i.e. best in region) thing up there.
    Youtube channel is updated with ALL match videos available.
    Not recorded:
    Warpticon vs. Sean
    Warpticon vs. Mike
    Mike vs. Ish
    Incomplete (Faulty Recording):
    Mike (Ryu, Zangief) vs Panda (Balrog, Sagat) (Incomplete)
    Mike would sabotage the footage of me beating him...
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
  • iTorresiTorres Supwichu Joined: Posts: 1,252
    Youtube channel is updated with ALL match videos available.
    Not recorded:
    Warpticon vs. Sean
    Warpticon vs. Mike
    Mike vs. Ish
    Incomplete (Faulty Recording):
    Mike (Ryu, Zangief) vs Panda (Balrog, Sagat) (Incomplete)

I think this actually works in my favor. :wgrin:
    "I feel used, abused, and I'm not amused."
  • WarpticonWarpticon Main otaku of SRK #2 Joined: Posts: 9,968
    You might as well put me down on the list. I'm Warpticon. Everywhere.
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the compound.
    What do you mean Chris? You're 5th on the Central Arkansas list. You mean you want to be put in all the regions? Or are you mean you want your info on the list (City, gamertags, etc.)?
    What do you mean Chris? You're 5th on the Central Arkansas list. You mean you want to be put in all the regions? Or are you mean you want your info on the list (City, gamertags, etc.)?

Well, let's see. Reread what I said, and figure out which of those makes sense. :lol:
    Damn, Max just got pwned!
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
  • ImperatorImperator Churning butter Joined: Posts: 156
    Somebody's never heard the one about catching more flies with honey than vinegar.
    Because I'm bored at work -
    1) What are we going to do about weekend meetups? We need to decide. Are we still doing Wednesdays? Where are we doing each location? Everyone's input is vital!

Like I stated in the other thread, alternating between Conway and Little Rock as well as Wednesdays and weekends would be nice. Maybe my bro will be able to make it to the weekend meetings.
    2) What other games should we have? Tournies?

I think just about everyone has a difference of opinion about what other games to play and some claim to not be good at any other game.
    3) What about social outreach? Should we have a facebook page? A twitter account?

I have neither a facebook nor a twitter account. But those who do have them can spread the word I guess.
    4) Should we host an on-campus Hendrix/UCA monthly tourney to gather interest?

Hendrix/UCA? Never been.
    Lol, to be honest Chris, I get what you mean now, but I already had you on the list haha. Perhaps you should've just said to put your info on the list :razzy:. Also, you have a Live account but no 360?
    I had a 360.
    I think just about everyone has a difference of opinion about what other games to play and some claim to not be good at any other game.

I think every once in a while we should have a SFIV-less meet just to keep things fresh and keep ourselves from burning out. Who knows, maybe some folks may find a new favorite game that way.

As I've said, I'm down to do some alternating Wednesdays or weekends.
    Like I stated in the other thread, alternating between Conway and Little Rock as well as Wednesdays and weekends would be nice. Maybe my bro will be able to make it to the weekend meetings.
    Yeah. What does everybody think about twice a week meet-ups, one at LR, and one at Conway?
    The plus is that we get twice as much gaming and more people that can't show up one day can show up the next.
    The minus is that this could split the community so that maybe only like 8 of us show up on Wed. and 8 show up on the weekend. Also, maybe somebody misses a Wed and just says "I'll just go on the weekend" but then misses the weekend too. One thing could lead to another and then they stop coming altogether. We can do twice a week meetups if everyone is willing to do it, but if we can't get enough people coming to both, we should probably just stick to once a week (at least as the main "meeting day."
    It's all good. It's all about having fun. They don't have to be money tournies, just something more "competitive" so that we can get better at other games. LR GameCon should have TvC, MvC2, Tekken, Blazblue, HDR, etc. I'm sure a lot of us wants to get good at those games so that we can compete in those tournies.
    I have neither a facebook nor a twitter account. But those who do have them can spread the word I guess.
    I think it'd be good outreach for those of us who check our facebook/twitters but don't care to go to Shoryuken every few days. How many of us know people that play SFIV (even with us) but don't get on SRK? This might be better for them. One problem is that it might be slightly time-consuming. If anybody wants to actually be in-charge of this, let me know. Doesn't have to be great or anything. Twitter can just be like "Tourney's done. Mike got double-perfected in the Finals by MaxX" or something.
    Hendrix/UCA? Never been.
    This is just to get a bigger room and to raise awareness within our campuses. There could be good SFIV players in Hendrix and UCA but they can't game with us because they don't know us. If we hold events on campus, we could get more people coming in (which leads to more competition). We could even spread this to UALR and other campuses.
    I think every once in a while we should have a SFIV-less meet just to keep things fresh and keep ourselves from burning out. Who knows, maybe some folks may find a new favorite game that way.

Sounds good. Any game that we have enough copies of that people would want to play? HDR? Blazblue? MvC2? TvC?
    Doesn't Lan Di write for the UCA paper? Maybe he could post a small article about our tournaments and meet ups, haha...
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
  • MexicanoMeltMexicanoMelt Meximelt for short Joined: Posts: 18
    Hey yo this is Meximelt. I play wit DeeZee down in T Town. Please add me to the list of players in southwest ark under deezee. list my xbl and psn. tag for both is rexstrider

I play sf4, 3rd strike, hd remix, blazblue and TVC.

Ill be regular from now on.
    HILLBILLY HYPE! "You must defeat your own scrubness to stand a chance!"
    {SF4: Ryu/ BB: Jin, s-Taokaka/ DOA: Ein SM-Hayate S-Hitomi/Tekken: Lee Anything: If Ryu's in it, he will be mained. ;D}
  • deezee989deezee989 EAT KNEES SON Joined: Posts: 243
    Thats my boy rockin that HILLBILLY HYPE SON!!!

Welcome to srk Felipe. MEXIMELT is a GANGSTA. He'll beat that ass REAL SWIFT.
    HILLBILLY HYPE SON!!!
  • mr.sagatmr.sagat OG Vegas Titan Joined: Posts: 1,697

Best thing said lately. Playing other sf games will help to build fundamentals. I never practice street fighter, but I hold my own when I play you guys. That's because I have decent fundamentals. Strong fundamentals with execution will make any of us competitive in the "Arkansas" scene.
    Best thing said lately. Playing other sf games will help to build fundamentals. I never practice street fighter, but I hold my own when I play you guys. That's because I have decent fundamentals. Strong fundamentals with execution will make any of us competitive in the "Arkansas" scene.

QFT man. That's why I want to expand this to other games. You pick up things from other games whether it be execution, timing, fundamentals, etc.
    If I'm gonna get into another fighter, it'll probably be HD Remix just so I can play against my bro... and it'll probably help me with SF4/SSF4/(SSF4T?).

EDIT: Just noticed the tags for this thread - ark, arkansas, awesome, cowgirl, sfiv ... lol
    If I'm gonna get into another fighter, it'll probably be HD Remix just so I can play against my bro... and it'll probably help me with SF4/SSF4/(SSF4T?).

EDIT: Just noticed the tags for this thread - ark, arkansas, awesome, cowgirl, sfiv ... lol

Lol, were you here when Blake was playing Cowgirl on DDR?
    I actually left as you guys were setting up DDR.
    I actually left as you guys were setting up DDR.

Haha, actually he played that earlier in the day- like at 5 or so.
    Hey Imp- I'm gonna try to make the blogspot thing active. Can you change the link on there? It's linked over to the old thread. I'd like it linked up to the new one if you don't mind. I tried to look for a way to change it, but I couldn't.

EDIT: Updated the blog with a new post. Nothing major, just gave some of my impressions of the tourney.
    http://arfgn.blogspot.com/

Also, forgot to mention: Meximelt- good to have you. You've been added to the OP.
    I think we could use the blog to post highlights in the tournaments. Posting the grand finals on the blog would be cool too.

Anyways.. I want to throw a tournament that you have to qualify to be apart of. A special 8 man tournament. We could have a couple of qualifying tournaments leading up to the 8 man tournament. I got this idea from LA Riots III. This would make things very interesting and give us a chance to host a bigger, better tournament. We could up the entry fee as well so there is a bigger pot. This could be our first BIG tournament. We could promote it too.
    But, I like a lot of the ideas going around. Definitely makes me happy to be apart of this fighting game community, haha.
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    Max, are you trying to call my DDR skills into question? Street Fighter isn't the only game I can churn butter in. The link has been updated on there now.

Panda, I like the idea of a top 8 tournament. I also think we should have something like a regional 3 on 3 team match.
    As far as other game to play goes, I found something that we all should definitely not play. I obtained a copy of Capcom Fighting Jam, terrible. It was dropping inputs so bad that it was difficult to navigate the menus.
    We should do something like Little Rock's top 4 VS Conway's top 4, or Conway's/Cabot's/"insert other city" top 4. Especially now that SSF4 will have team mode.
  • DisturbinglyZenDisturbinglyZen Agent of ESports Joined: Posts: 803
    . I obtained a copy of Capcom Fighting Jam, terrible. It was dropping inputs so bad that it was difficult to navigate the menus.

I had a copy of that once... only cool thing about it was playing as the Red Earth characters. There was a dinosaur, a ninja, a sword wielding lion dude, and some others I forget. Way out there.
    DisturbinglyZen - Questionable Ethics Since 1981
    Official ARFGN Mystery Game Troll
    I think we could use the blog to post highlights in the tournaments. Posting the grand finals on the blog would be cool too.
    Sounds good, I'll post impressions too, esp for peeps that can't come.
    Anyways.. I want to throw a tournament that you have to qualify to be apart of. A special 8 man tournament. We could have a couple of qualifying tournaments leading up to the 8 man tournament. I got this idea from LA Riots III. This would make things very interesting and give us a chance to host a bigger, better tournament. We could up the entry fee as well so there is a bigger pot. This could be our first BIG tournament. We could promote it too.
    But, I like a lot of the ideas going around. Definitely makes me happy to be apart of this fighting game community, haha.
    Should we do that instead of a main tourney or beside it? Sounds good, but do we have enough people for such a thing? If our first tourney is only 8 people, I think we're leaving a lot of people out and that would be bad for them. If we did it alongside the main tourney or even on a different day (or whatever), then that might be better than replacing the main tourney with a smaller tourney. What about having a main tourney and having this tourney + the team tourney on another day?
    Max, are you trying to call my DDR skills into question? Street Fighter isn't the only game I can churn butter in. The link has been updated on there now.

Panda, I like the idea of a top 8 tournament. I also think we should have something like a regional 3 on 3 team match.
    As far as other game to play goes, I found something that we all should definitely not play. I obtained a copy of Capcom Fighting Jam, terrible. It was dropping inputs so bad that it was difficult to navigate the menus.
    I'd never call your DDR skills into question. I'm just sad that we weren't blessed enough to have been graced by a performance by the great Imperator.
    We should do something like Little Rock's top 4 VS Conway's top 4, or Conway's/Cabot's/"insert other city" top 4. Especially now that SSF4 will have team mode.
    Should we go by cities, or by regions? Perhaps bigger cities can have their own teams while other places will have its team? Maybe we can have a wild-card team too? If it's like 4v4, then I think Mr. Sagat's out of luck because I don't know if there are even 4 players in SE AR. He might have to make his own team, get into the wild-card team, or join up with SW AR (if they have an open slot). Let's figure out how many people we can get teams together, I think. Looking at the list of SRK players, we have 23. Assuming we know people that AREN'T on SRK, that should be ~24 (since everyone on the list won't be able to make it). 24 divided by 8 teams is 3 people each, or if we can't get 24, then 20 divided by 4 teams is 5 per team. Let's figure this out and do this. I'm excited about a team tourney now.

EDIT: I'm heavily considering changing the title to Hillbilly Hype! The New Arkansas Thread! since it's become so popular (~4 or 5 votes). If anyone doesn't like the new title, feel free to think of a new one and if it's popular, I'll change it accordingly.
    Jeremy- I might've found a solution for your 1 frame lag problem. I'm not sure if this'll work, but have you tried upping the poll rate of your USB port (or controller, whatever)?

EDIT: I tested for the amount of lag on my pad and it comes out to about ~17 ms. I changed the offset on Stepmania to account for this, but I can't tell if it's still off. Think you can help me out next time you come over Warpticon?
    Should we go by cities, or by regions? Perhaps bigger cities can have their own teams while other places will have its team? Maybe we can have a wild-card team too? If it's like 4v4, then I think Mr. Sagat's out of luck because I don't know if there are even 4 players in SE AR. He might have to make his own team, get into the wild-card team, or join up with SW AR (if they have an open slot). Let's figure out how many people we can get teams together, I think. Looking at the list of SRK players, we have 23. Assuming we know people that AREN'T on SRK, that should be ~24 (since everyone on the list won't be able to make it). 24 divided by 8 teams is 3 people each, or if we can't get 24, then 20 divided by 4 teams is 5 per team. Let's figure this out and do this. I'm excited about a team tourney now.

If we have people coming in from other regions we can do it based on regions, otherwise it would be by cities. When I said "Conway's/Cabot's/'insert other city' top 4", I was referring to two or more cities joining to make up for the lack of players in one area. Also, I was referring to more like exhibition matches than an actual bracket with teams. For example, let's say we had a LR Team, Conway Team, and a Miscellaneous Team, we could do LR vs Conway, LR vs Miscellaneous, and Conway vs Miscellaneous. I don't want this to replace the current tourney we have but instead it can be like once or twice a month.

EDIT: I'm all for the "Hillbilly Hype" thread name.
    Ah, gotcha. Well, we can do either. A team tourney might be fun, IMO haha like Evo style.
    Anyway, hey Imp- I've been looking online and found like coax converters for $10. We can probably take a little bit out of the weekly tournies we've been having to pay for that if you want to try it out with your capture card. I don't know exactly how your card is set up so I don't know what kind of converter we'd need.
    Is it like a USB converter that accepts coax-in?
  • mr.sagatmr.sagat OG Vegas Titan Joined: Posts: 1,697
    woot! I'm the captain for team Wildcard? When do I get to announce my picks? 4 is kind of a big number for a team. Can't we just do 3? Also, this would be a weekend thing, one on my "partnas" works mon-fri......
  • deezee989deezee989 EAT KNEES SON Joined: Posts: 243
    just grabbed me another TE with the 20% off + keychain promotion gameshark.com has goin now. Used my $75 in paypal gift certificates. Only paid 60 bucks total for a Femme Fatale stick.

promotion code is LEVELUP20
    HILLBILLY HYPE SON!!!
    My card would need a component or hdmi to ASTC coax. Trust me, we wouldn't be able to get one for less than a grand. I think it will record non HD over composite or svideo, which would be the same as you already have.
    We have to figure out what the teams are going to be! I figure if it is a 4 man team, I'd be teaming up with Blake C, Allen and Yusuke.
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    I should call my brother and see if he wants to come through sometime. he goes to UCA.