The Arkansas Thread! We're not dead! We've just moved to Facebook :)

Comments

• Andrew_PrimeAndrew_Prime Anyone want to play some GG? Joined: Posts: 64
    Wednesday nights. Are you free? I don't mind driving you down if I'm coming from Conway those days anyway. We need more GG players.

I'm off tonight, so I'll be down for GG. After trying the horrible netplay they have for the PSN version, I'd like to have real matches. You guys weren't joking about those servers.
  • ViridianViridian Joined: Posts: 77
    Should be down tonight for some GG, and up for a league... but yeah, not on netplay :s ElvenShadow said he mailed ArcSys and they have plans to fix bugs and improve online but to please be patient etc.
  • BloodWolFBloodWolF Swords...just swords Joined: Posts: 692
    I need to know who all is going from Conway. I may be able to take you. Prime, I've PMed you my number. Maybe I can get you and Taylor both.
    Thanks for running the ranbats :)

Is anyone up for SF4/GG or something this Saturday evening?
  • m0dularm0dular \m/ Joined: Posts: 610
    Thanks for running the ranbats :)

Is anyone up for SF4/GG or something this Saturday evening?

Sounds fun and I have no plans. Anyone else?
  • afierymisfitafierymisfit I stole this avatar Joined: Posts: 1,757
    If we can get some Persona going, I'm down.
    "Joe: Hey Taylor, you're getting better!"^_^
    "Dick Pizza is too easy." - Lan "Andrew" Di
  • solidxpandasolidxpanda Panda Express Baby! Joined: Posts: 2,989
    I'm working.. sigh
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    Check out my stream page for tournaments, events and online lobbies
  • GBS GiovanniGBS Giovanni Winter's Coming Joined: Posts: 2,961
    Work 12-9
    "One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." - Niccolò Machiavelli
    GiovanniSama | Twitter GetBodiedSonGaming
    I'll be getting ready for exams on Monday. I'll pass this time.
    Break down for Season 2 of the Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus ranbats

Season 2 will be ran based on a Danisen League set up (similar to Tekken online ranking and Persona 4 Arena's Online Grade system). Unlike previous tournaments, it will not be timed based. Meaning you can show up and not have to wait for someone to get there to start a match and you can still win even if you don't show up every week.

Basic Rules:
    - Each match will be 3/5 Rounds, 99 seconds.
    - Each match you play is one point.
    - You're only allowed to play one person in an "official" match three times in one night and it can't be 3 straight matches. (Mix it up and mingle)
    - Winner stays on until they either lose or rank up. As soon as one of those options happen, they MUST get up.
    - Loser has to get up unless there is no one else to play, then there can be a runback.
    - You rank up after gaining +3 points and down rank after losing -3 points
    - You can not down rank below base rank.
    - Everyone starts at C (0)
    - Grades are: C, C+. B. B+. A, A+. S
    - You can only play someone within one rank of you. (C+ players can play C and B Grade players)
    - You can challenge someone two gardes higher than you to a high stakes match. If you win, you gain 2 points, but if you lose, you lose 2 points. The person you challenge wins/loses the regular amount of points. And only a person of lower grade can make this challenge.
    - Must play a minimum of three matches each week.
    - Two stations will be set up based on Grade. Lower levels and higher levels.
    - You can sign up under different characters (Ex: GBS Giovanni(I-No)(C+ +2), GBS Giovanni(MI)(B +1). So, if you reach a point where you're higher than anyone you can play, you can start at base level with a new character.
    - Matches will be self-govern but wins MUST be reported to me ASAP or they will not count. (If I'm not there, then text me your win.)
    - The two with the higher Grade by the end of the season will gain the first and second place prizes.

If you have any questions, ask them now before Wednesday.
    "One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." - Niccolò Machiavelli
    That sounds fun! Do you know if it'd be possible to record the matches on at least the higher level station?
    That sounds fun! Do you know if it'd be possible to record the matches on at least the higher level station?

Yes.
    How can we win without showing up every week when we have to play a minimum of 3 matches a week?
    How can we win without showing up every week when we have to play a minimum of 3 matches a week?

3 min for those who are there
  • KurumsterKurumster wtb tkcs Joined: Posts: 770
    Let me enter from XBL
    [02:13] <@ranmasama>; yeah I got bigger tits than her
    Let me enter from XBL

Teach me Millia and I'll consider it.
  • AfroMHAfroMH TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN! Joined: Posts: 291
    Updated Marvel Ranbat standings as of last Wednesday. Only two more weeks in the season! Winner gets their choice of 3 months of XBL or a $10 Waffle House gift card!

1. ARK XI- 18 points
    T2. AfroMH- 12 points
    T2. GBS Giovanni- 12 points
    4. Supwichu-10 points
    T5. Lan Di-8 points
    T5. Misfit- 8 points
    T7. Bloodwolf- 4 points
    T7. Panda- 4 points
    T7. Triggerhappy- 4 points

Follow me on Twitter: @Afro_MH
  • Andrew_PrimeAndrew_Prime Anyone want to play some GG? Joined: Posts: 64
    Teach me Millia and I'll consider it.

Knock your opponent down. If they get up, you're doing it wrong.
    Post from the grave: how large is the player base for P4A on the 360? I'm looking for a recent game that's not trash online (until the GG patch next... spring) and that seems to be the safest bet. Kind of curious to try out Yukiko since she seems to be a little Arakune-like from what I've seen so far. Thanks :)
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    Post from the grave: how large is the player base for P4A on the 360? I'm looking for a recent game that's not trash online (until the GG patch next... spring) and that seems to be the safest bet. Kind of curious to try out Yukiko since she seems to be a little Arakune-like from what I've seen so far. Thanks :)
    You play Arakune?

Decent at best. You won't get many random rank matches but stay in touch with our DL XBL thread

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14654-P4A-XBL-Match-Finder-GG-Thread

Where we create lobby with some of our strongest players. If I'm not at work or out I'm also available to play. I'm sure Taylor as well.
    Also, Teddy/Kuma is closer to Arakune. Yukiko is more like Lambda/Nu in regards to zoning
  • Animefreak6969Animefreak6969 Doesn't Understand Joined: Posts: 1,632
    Also just play Blazblue. There's no better character like Arakune than Arakune himself. It's also the better game.

What Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    PSN = iw2ma
    Also, Teddy/Kuma is closer to Arakune. Yukiko is more like Lambda/Nu in regards to zoning

Interesting, Teddy wasn't on my radar at all. Nothing wrong with Nu either, mind :)

Max, I haven't played much Blazblue since I had to sell Extend after moving to the US (region-lock is fun), but I was just dabbling with Arakune, Carl and Mu after getting tired of basic Jin stuff. I'm waiting for CP to touch Blazblue again now though... and for the GG patch meanwhile.
    Teddy is a really strong character and hard to guard against at times. When played right, Yukiko is also pretty strong. Only character not tournament viable in that game is Liz. :(
    Interesting, Teddy wasn't on my radar at all. Nothing wrong with Nu either, mind :)

Max, I haven't played much Blazblue since I had to sell Extend after moving to the US (region-lock is fun), but I was just dabbling with Arakune, Carl and Mu after getting tired of basic Jin stuff. I'm waiting for CP to touch Blazblue again now though... and for the GG patch meanwhile.
    Ah, gotcha. I saw Extend for pretty cheap recently. Like $10 or so new, but those were temporary deals.
    Teddy is a really strong character and hard to guard against at times. When played right, Yukiko is also pretty strong. Only character not tournament viable in that game is Liz. :(
    Don't forget Akihiko, sad ol Akihiko
    PSN = iw2ma
    Don't forget Akihiko, sad ol Akihiko

Akihiko worst character in the game all games.
    Akihiko worst character in the game all games.

Aki is like on the upper in of the tier list, has players who's won large Japanese tournaments, ex: Kubo, if you're struggling with Aki then it's user error. He's really good, not Mitsuru/Aegis good but good.
    Aki is like on the upper in of the tier list, has players who's won large Japanese tournaments, ex: Kubo, if you're struggling with Aki then it's user error. He's really good, not Mitsuru/Aegis good but good.

So he's the worst at being the worst? Sounds good.

Meetup at my place in Little Rock this Saturday, guys. GG, Marvel, SF, P4, whatever you guys want to play.
    Don't get it.
    Meetup at my place in Little Rock this Saturday, guys. GG, Marvel, SF, P4, whatever you guys want to play.

Cool! Could you PM me your address please? Should be able to make it on Saturday... not sure about tomorrow's meetup though.
    Cool! Could you PM me your address please? Should be able to make it on Saturday... not sure about tomorrow's meetup though.
    He lives across the street from me
    Ya Akihiko is awful. He's at the awful end of the tier list.

Kubo is godlike, that's why he wins. Godlike at everything because he's godlike.
    PSN = iw2ma
    S: Aegis, Mitsuru
    A: Teddie/Kuma, Akihiko, Yu, Yosuke, Chie
    B: S.Labrys, Labrys, Yukiko, Kanji, Naoto, Elizabeth

If you're struggling with Akihiko, it's user error.
  • ryosuke_24ryosuke_24 Joined: Posts: 10
    Hello I live in Fort Smith, Arkansas and i'm trying to find more players to hang and play with. :)
    You came to the right place! Well, more or less. Our scene has been a little dead lately for various reasons, but there are definitely a lot of players within the state. There are communities in Fort Smith, Fayetteville, and Rogers each of which are near you. If you don't mind the drive, I'd recommend going to the meetup on Saturday here in Little Rock. Most of the better players in the state will be there and it should be a ton of fun. Most important thing though join the Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/373796221942/ to keep up to date with local meetups and whatnot. From there, add me as a friend (MaxX) and I'll message you a list of people that you should talk to for your local meetups.

Our scene is fairly strong. We've hosted some of the bigger tournaments in the region that the likes of Justin Wong, Noel Brown, Marn, and Ricky Ortiz have attended. We also have a player that is at or near that level of play. I don't know how good you are now, but it's very likely if you play a lot with us you'll get a lot better. Oh and finally, welcome to the group!
    S: Aegis, Mitsuru
    A: Teddie/Kuma, Akihiko, Yu, Yosuke, Chie
    B: S.Labrys, Labrys, Yukiko, Kanji, Naoto, Elizabeth

If you're struggling with Akihiko, it's user error.
    What i'm reading here is Kubo is godlike but Akihiko is ayuss.

Sounds right to me.
    PSN = iw2ma
    @EVO, I was reading about that! Players like that popping up is amazing! I'm an above average but won't really know until I play with my Fellow Brothers and sisters from Arkansas! LOL! i'm really looking forward to gaming with you all! You have been very nice and amazing! Thank you all! - As always, Support the Fighting Community <3
    @EVO, I was reading about that! Players like that popping up is amazing! I'm an above average but won't really know until I play with my Fellow Brothers and sisters from Arkansas! LOL! i'm really looking forward to gaming with you all! You have been very nice and amazing! Thank you all! - As always, Support the Fighting Community <3
    Lol I just saw that they moved your other thread to the Midwest regional subforum. You'll never find Arkansas players there.
    I know....SRK...SMH -_-.....lol but its okay I found a lot of people from the Facebook page ARFG! :) I'm so thrilled to go up to little rock and play with some of the people up there! I heard they are really good! I'm ready to lvl up and learn some stuff!
    Yeah there are definitely a lot more players than that, but they probably turned notifications from the group off. I'll hit you up with some contacts later. Also, I heavily encourage you to take that enthusiasm and start your own meetups/tournies and whatnot. We could always use more community leaders.
    Thats what I plan to do Mr. Evo! I'm trying to be a bigger leader in Fort Smith since nobody really does it here! :) Thanks so much and I couldn't do it without the help of you guys :) so Thank you very much!!!! :)
    Lol why do you keep calling me Evo?
    Cause I kept seeing Evo 2012 on your thingy lol XD! Sorry XD...! So whats been good? how were the fights up there?
    Haha that just means I went to Evo this year. Meetup was alright. I was supposed to play a guy, but he wasn't able to make it unfortunately.
    Shout outs to GG last night. Mike, pick the game up my Asian nigga.
    Is Mike still playing Potemkin? And sorry, other things came up last night so we couldn't make it :s
    Yeah. He is still playing Potemkin. GGs everyone. We had some good matches imo and I agree with AJ. Mike should pick up the game if he has the time away from school.
  • HisNameIsLHisNameIsL Your best friend Joined: Posts: 518
    Is there anyone in here that lives in the Texarkana area? I'm in from Austin to visit some family for the holidays and I'd like to get some games in with the locals. I'm a Marvel player, but I'm also down to play CvS2, Persona, and AE.