The Arkansas Thread! We're not dead! We've just moved to Facebook :)

Comments

• iTorresiTorres Supwichu Joined: Posts: 1,252
    LOL you won AE? Congrats dude. Must have been super free.

Even if it was AE, what's wrong with me winning it? A lot of people can't deal with Ibuki's mixup... lol
    "I feel used, abused, and I'm not amused."
  • BloodWolFBloodWolF Swords...just swords Joined: Posts: 692
    Speaking of which. How is that GIF coming?
  • afierymisfitafierymisfit I stole this avatar Joined: Posts: 1,757
    I won a TE-S and $50 guys.
    I won $35 and a Star Wars toy guys.
    "Joe: Hey Taylor, you're getting better!"^_^
    "Dick Pizza is too easy." - Lan "Andrew" Di
    was it a fett toy? He was always the man.
  • GBS GiovanniGBS Giovanni Winter's Coming Joined: Posts: 2,961
    Ok, this time for real, Friday I'm off and boss promised to not call me in this time. I'm down for games, mainly Ultimate and KOF, I'll play SFIV if I have too but don't expect comp since I no longer play that game (at all). Let me know who interested in hosting me.
    And don't forget Wednesday is the first day of the KOF ranbats. Going to be a short season due to the holidays.
    "One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." - Niccolò Machiavelli
    GiovanniSama | Twitter GetBodiedSonGaming
  • Politank-ZPolitank-Z Joined: Posts: 501
    Adrian, are you planning on playing today? Would it be okay if I stopped by?
  • m0dularm0dular \m/ Joined: Posts: 610
    Adrian, are you planning on playing today? Would it be okay if I stopped by?

Got a hangover, so maybe later =T
  • Politank-ZPolitank-Z Joined: Posts: 501
    Got a hangover, so maybe later =T
    Haha ok man! If you're feeling up to it later, please let me know.
  • solidxpandasolidxpanda Panda Express Baby! Joined: Posts: 2,989
    I'm down to play some games tomorrow night. You guys should come over.
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    Check out my stream page for tournaments, events and online lobbies
  • tehflavortehflavor My sex is too large. Joined: Posts: 643
    Ok, this time for real, Friday I'm off and boss promised to not call me in this time. I'm down for games, mainly Ultimate and KOF, I'll play SFIV if I have too but don't expect comp since I no longer play that game (at all). Let me know who interested in hosting me.
    And don't forget Wednesday is the first day of the KOF ranbats. Going to be a short season due to the holidays.
    I gotta work from 12 to 7. But i dont have to go in on sat, till 2:30. So if from 7 on is cool with u, thats cool with me.
    was it a fett toy? He was always the man.

No, it's some dude from the new movies.
    just picked up UMVC3 for shyts..its pretty fun, but I can't figure out who to put as a third...so far I'm sitting at Ammy/???/Morrigan..strider seems fun.
  • Lan_DiLan_Di George Costanza Joined: Posts: 1,985
    just picked up UMVC3 for shyts..its pretty fun, but I can't figure out who to put as a third...so far I'm sitting at Ammy/???/Morrigan..strider seems fun.

Just roll Wesker/Wesker/Wesker.

Strider is pretty fun, And I think Morrigan compliments him well. I'm not an expert but I'll show you some Strider basics next meetup.

This. Good assist and good character in general.
    I gotta work from 12 to 7. But i dont have to go in on sat, till 2:30. So if from 7 on is cool with u, thats cool with me.

Maybe, I was kind of hoping to be leaving around that time or 8:30 since I have to be up mad early for work Saturday morning.

If you want to run Strider at anchor, you're going need a good battery. With Ammy+Morrigan, you have two options pretty much for Strider pretty much.

1) Have Strider on point with Morrigan second using her meter assist and Ammy anchor with cold star. Will get you simple lockdown set ups and once you learn how to double tap/p.link/buffer assist calls in your combo, you can use Morrigan to help build an additional 33% of meter per combo.

2) Run Strider as anchor with Ammy on point with cold star and Morrigan with her meter building assist. This team will annoy a little but it's main focus is to allow strider to finish the job with level 3 x-factor plus oroborous.

I personally think team 1 would be the strongest of the two options, but option 2 can be more derp. Which can go pretty far in this game if you know how to push your limits.

El O El

This. Good assist and good character in general.

I miss you my nigga, no homo. You out of hiatus yet?

Edit: Shout Outs to finally getting my name change lol.
    "One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." - Niccolò Machiavelli
    I may try the first one. Is Morrigan as anchor a bad idea? People online say its not too bad, and X-Factor + twins is pretty epic in itself.
    Ammy is a way better anchor than Morrigan, and both Strider and Morrigan can use Ammy's Cold Star.
    I see..ok. I'll try to learn some basic combos with Strider and try that out. Are there any other characters besides Strider that would be good? (besides the usual Wesker) I looked at him since he has a lot of stuff like zero but with-out that sluggish feel.
    Also, once people learn how to fight against Morrigan, you'd see why Morrigan is actually a really bad anchor unless she has meter. If if you want a meter anchor, then you better off going with Vergil or Strider since they go years further than Morrigan with meter and X-Factor.

Morrigan has A LOT of bad match ups, it's just no one knows how to fight her except the people who fight a decent Morrigan player regularly. And in the anchor spot, she will run up against those bad match ups A LOT. Like Wesker, Vergil, Strider, and etc.
    I read the bible for a while this weekend and tried a couple Swagnus combos... they're not easy, but he wouldn't be a pimp if they were.

I'm thinking about Mags/Strange/??? (Wesker, but I'd rather not). I know Eye of Agamotto locks you down for a long time, and it takes up lots of space so maybe you can push/pull people into it. What do you guys think?
    I read the bible for a while this weekend and tried a couple Swagnus combos... they're not easy, but he wouldn't be a pimp if they were.

I'm thinking about Mags/Strange/??? (Wesker, but I'd rather not). I know Eye of Agamotto locks you down for a long time, and it takes up lots of space so maybe you can push/pull people into it. What do you guys think?

It'll work, but to be honest, Strange is a character I wouldn't recommend for starters unless you're committed to figuring him out. Otherwise, if you play him like the basic MVC3 character, he'll die quickly since everyone of his normals and almost all of his specials and negative on block, and not just negative but still safe, negative as in you throw it out and get raped at the end of your chain. As far as your anchor goes, Wesker is actually as solid choice for that team and not just because he's Wesker. OTG will help make a lot of Magneto's combo easier and give him an added threat to his bullshit high/low game and Strange can benefit greatly from an OTG.

Look at it this way, don't let the bad rep behind Wesker push you off him. He's a good character, one my favorite characters from RE (I still play him on my RE team) and outside voices shouldn't force you to not play a character. Especially when he's an actually plus to your team and not just thrown in because he's "A GOD"
    Hey AJ, have you had a chance to get that logo cut out for me? Also, I have some more work I'll be needing you to do in the futute.
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    Mags/Sentinel is 9 More Years BFF. Hard to go wrong. You might want some health on your team. Wesker is really good. Hard to go wrong with Doom as well. I'd drop Strange until you have a better grasp of the game, but that's your choice. If you'd rather learn the game than win, pick him up.

Also, if you need help with easy "effective" Mags combos, let me know. I have a variation of hypergrav loop in the corner that's a lot easier and does like 710k and also Mags fly loop. I don't really have swag combos, but you can figure those out on your own time haha.
    Hey AJ, have you had a chance to get that logo cut out for me? Also, I have some more work I'll be needing you to do in the futute.
    PXGLogo.png
    PXGLogo.png
    Yeah, that logo. buuuuut, I wanted the one with the font from the ''player/game cam''. The fonts were different between the two and I prefer the other font. If it's not too much to ask. Sorry man.
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    After BarFights
    After BarFights
    Ok, sweet dude.
    Also, anyone wanting to get some games in tomorrow night, I'll be at my place with nothing to do. Let's get something going! I can stream, but we will be playing on PC. Sold all of my streaming equipment and I won't have my new stuff in for another week or so.
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    Ok, sweet dude.
    Also, anyone wanting to get some games in tomorrow night, I'll be at my place with nothing to do. Let's get something going! I can stream, but we will be playing on PC. Sold all of my streaming equipment and I won't have my new stuff in for another week or so.

Ok, refresh the image and if some more people stop buy, I wouldn't mind making a trip out there too. I just don't want to be stuck playing SFIV.
    AJ, if you go, I'll show up. Teach me some KOF.
    AJ, if you go, I'll show up. Teach me some KOF.

Then I'll be there and I'm a rookie as far as XIII goes lol, I may have a few combos but I'm still learning the game mechanics and lack match up exp. Most of my knowledge comes from XI and 2K2UM.

Edit: And Panda, you think you'd have the money tonight? And don't worry about fee for future projects. I charged then because I didn't have a steady income anymore and needed money for bills. I'm stable now but still need that cash for gas on the way back lol.
    Then I'll be there and I'm a rookie as far as XIII goes lol, I may have a few combos but I'm still learning the game mechanics and lack match up exp. Most of my knowledge comes from XI and 2K2UM.

Edit: And Panda, you think you'd have the money tonight? And don't worry about fee for future projects. I charged then because I didn't have a steady income anymore and needed money for bills. I'm stable now but still need that cash for gas on the way back lol.
    Yeah, I got you. I'll talk about future projects tomorrow night then.

Oh and sorry Andrew...
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter

Oh and sorry Andrew...

Aw man, come on, you'll post that but not the 5-6 game win streaks I was laying on you guys earlier? Shit, you can post that if you want, all I want is some equal time.
    Oh and Good Old Games has Planescape: Torment for $5, if you don't play this game, you need to just roll over and die.
  • mr.sagatmr.sagat OG Vegas Titan Joined: Posts: 1,697

Oh and sorry Andrew...

There is some justification as to why I don't play fighting games in my apartment anymore....
    Hey Panda, what time you want people showing up and I'll talk to you more about the pm when I get there. At work now.

Also else is showing up besides me and Ish?
    Hey Panda, what time you want people showing up and I'll talk to you more about the pm when I get there. At work now.

Also else is showing up besides me and Ish?
    When ever you want to show up is fine. this invite goes to anyone wanting to come out and play tonight. If Ish is coming from Little Rock, I'm sure some of you guys can catch a ride with him. Let's set the official meet time at 7. Bring consoles and what not. I only have an xbox and my PC. I'll have my xbox available for marvel most likely. Going to be running AE on PC tonight. Want to test it out and see how it runs.
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    Leaving at 6:30 if anyone wants a ride.
    Oh and Good Old Games has Planescape: Torment for $5, if you don't play this game, you need to just roll over and die.

Some games you can bang chicks, but what other game can you slate their intellectual lusts?
    Some games you can bang chicks, but what other game can you slate their intellectual lusts?
    You going to come out tonight? Let's get on that Blazgreen.
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    You going to come out tonight? Let's get on that Blazgreen.

Yup.