The Arkansas Thread! We're not dead! We've just moved to Facebook :)

Comments

• solidxpandasolidxpanda Panda Express Baby! Joined: Posts: 2,989
    Yup.
    Anybody want to pick up some beer? We could all go in on a 30 pack or so.
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    Check out my stream page for tournaments, events and online lobbies
  • afierymisfitafierymisfit I stole this avatar Joined: Posts: 1,757
    I miss you my nigga, no homo. You out of hiatus yet?
    I won $35 and a Star Wars toy guys.
    More or less.

Empire Earth is free on GoG for the next day or two, guys.
    "Joe: Hey Taylor, you're getting better!"^_^
    "Dick Pizza is too easy." - Lan "Andrew" Di
    Sorry guys, I'm going to have to cancel the meetup tonight. Kristy is getting called into work and I'll be watching my son. He's teething right now, so I'm going to have to direct a lot of attention towards him. Maybe Adrian can host?
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
  • GBS GiovanniGBS Giovanni Winter's Coming Joined: Posts: 2,961
    Damn...

Edit: Somebody text him...
    "One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." - Niccolò Machiavelli
    GiovanniSama | Twitter GetBodiedSonGaming
  • m0dularm0dular \m/ Joined: Posts: 610
    That's fine. 7:00 is good, gonna need setups.

Edit: I have two ASUS monitors, but minus a power cable and hdmi for one of them.
  • Lan_DiLan_Di George Costanza Joined: Posts: 1,985
    That's fine. 7:00 is good, gonna need setups.

Edit: I have two ASUS monitors, but minus a power cable and hdmi for one of them.

i'll bring my shit.
    I may be able to stop by at a later time.
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    I might have one of your power cables in one of my spare boxes. No guarantees though.
    I might have one of your power cables in one of my spare boxes. No guarantees though.
    got a couple of spare cables? lol, i lost one too.
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    Nah, no spare cables, but if he happened to leave his in the box that he didn't take, then I'm sure it's laying around somewhere. Also, the cables are universal, you should be able to get one for like a dollar shipped I'm sure.
    Nah, no spare cables, but if he happened to leave his in the box that he didn't take, then I'm sure it's laying around somewhere. Also, the cables are universal, you should be able to get one for like a dollar shipped I'm sure.
    You're right. I've probably bought hundreds of cables from Amazon this year. ha
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    Also, I'm interested in trying to make it to a Nashville tournament January 7th. I'd like to get out and support other scenes so that they may support ours. I can most likely drive, but I'd like to have a full car to pitch in for gas since it's a good little drive. Any volunteers?
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    I can't go, but I hope there's a good turnout from Arkansas.
  • tehflavortehflavor My sex is too large. Joined: Posts: 643
    Also, I'm interested in trying to make it to a Nashville tournament January 7th. I'd like to get out and support other scenes so that they may support ours. I can most likely drive, but I'd like to have a full car to pitch in for gas since it's a good little drive. Any volunteers?
    Ill see if i can get the time off work. If so, im in. Link me some info on that.

And damn i wish i woulda known earlier that ppl were gettin up today. Im off tomorrow. But ive already started drinkin, so its all good.
  • BloodWolFBloodWolF Swords...just swords Joined: Posts: 692
    I'll probably stop by after work tonight if you're still doing shyt by then.
  • mr.sagatmr.sagat OG Vegas Titan Joined: Posts: 1,697
    Those CVS2 vids on the front page bring back some memories. There is just something about going to an arcade on a friday and saturday bight, sitting down on a real cabinet with a crt and p360's, and rolling people while there are spectators watching in person.....(or getting rolled) lol
    Good shit tonight to everyone. Special shout out to Ish for proving that he's still the state's best by beating me 8-3. I'll get my revenge Wednesday.
    "One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." - Niccolò Machiavelli
  • FindMyFarmsFindMyFarms Joined: Posts: 1,060
    Oh and Good Old Games has Planescape: Torment for $5, if you don't play this game, you need to just roll over and die.

God yes. I loved rpg's when i was in middle/highschool. Torment, BG 1/2, and IWD2 (1 was ass.) so awesome.
    "you all some stank ass bitches yo. i heard yall be on da cock and dont even feel bad about it. danng. fuck"

-JOP
    God yes. I loved rpg's when i was in middle/highschool. Torment, BG 1/2, and IWD2 (1 was ass.) so awesome.

This man...has taste.
    So apparently 2012 is out. And im off today. Good shit. I might be on it a bit online today if anyone wants to get some games in.
    On the talk of RPGs, does anyone remember The Legend of Lufia?
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    Of course. I loved both of them. They recently remade the second one into an action RPG on the DS.
    On the talk of RPGs, does anyone remember The Legend of Lufia?

no but I remember the The Legend of Dragoon, soooooo gdlk.
    I still have that. Hopefully they will re-release it on our PSN soon since we finally got FFV/VI and Chrono Cross while the JP PSN has had all of those and Legend of Dragoon for awhile...
    Lufia was on snes and it was godlike. I played the shit out of dragoon too.
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    CSExtend coming to consoles 02/14 fuck yeah. Looks like that's gonna be a heavy month with CS, Tales of Graces, Twisted Metal, and Silent Hill..I can't wait.
    So meetup at Adrian's tomorrow? What time? Also, want to run brackets? We should do ranbats for sf and umvc3 too. Since we are doing them for kof. I'll keep track of them.
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    I wont be able to make it out tomorrow. Working retail sucks dick. We close at 10 this week.
    Legend of Dragoon kinda sucked. but all I wanted to play back then was Metal Gear, Chrono Cross, and FF8, so...

but all that PS1 shit doesn't matter in the face of two words: Minsc and Boo.
    We are possibly taking Blazblue out of the tournament for Bar Battles. We may not have enough interest in the game and with limited time and equipment, we may not be able to run it. If we can prove that we'd get enough entrants, we will keep it on, but with the newest version launching the following month, I predict that nobody would be interested. Let us know your thoughts in the Facebook group's poll.
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    So Tim Barnes had me thinking. AJ Giovanni McAdoo, Jarrod, Taylor, and all other BlazBlue fans- if you guys are interested in hosting this tournament, I will help you guys do it. I would love to run a tournament for the scene, but I'm way too busy, I don't play Blazblue, and I'm pretty tired of running tournaments. However, I think this would be a big step for Arkansas if we could host one of these. Interested?

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/content.php?280-BlazBlue-Revolution-North-American-Regional-Preliminary-Tournament-Applications

• afierymisfitafierymisfit I stole this avatar Joined: Posts: 1,757
    BB Tournament idea

Is this a small tournament or a regional qualifier?
    "Joe: Hey Taylor, you're getting better!"^_^
    "Dick Pizza is too easy." - Lan "Andrew" Di
    So Tim Barnes had me thinking. AJ Giovanni McAdoo, Jarrod, Taylor, and all other BlazBlue fans- if you guys are interested in hosting this tournament, I will help you guys do it. I would love to run a tournament for the scene, but I'm way too busy, I don't play Blazblue, and I'm pretty tired of running tournaments. However, I think this would be a big step for Arkansas if we could host one of these. Interested?

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/content.php?280-BlazBlue-Revolution-North-American-Regional-Preliminary-Tournament-Applications

The thing is, I don't play that game seriously anymore. Don't even own a copy. But i'll run a tournament for it if needed. But please, no longer associate me with that game. I'm dat Mavel/KOF/MB player.
    It would be a regional qualifier. I think deadline is really soon (two days from now?) but I thought Tim said we had until Feb to do it. I dunno.
    Legend of Dragoon kinda sucked.

Also.... BOO this man for this statement......
    I wouldn't mind trying to help rein it at all. I know I'm probably the only one around here that plays it anymore though.. But I'd like to have a chance to play new people and try to build the community some. I just don't want to become the Triforce in the.corner starting a tourney sign up sheet and my name be the only one on it..
    Yeah I'd definitely help. I just can't run it due to time commitments. But being compared to triforce isn't bad. I hear he's a beast at puzzle games.
  • m0dularm0dular \m/ Joined: Posts: 610
    I miss ranbats, and since 2012 just came out it would be cool to do again.
    Yo Panda, let's money match tonight, ft5 for $10?

EDIT: LOL GEMZ!!!1 looks like I'm getting that SFxT Special Edition!
  • Animefreak6969Animefreak6969 Doesn't Understand Joined: Posts: 1,632
    The thing is, I don't play that game seriously anymore. Don't even own a copy. But i'll run a tournament for it if needed. But please, no longer associate me with that game. I'm dat Mavel/KOF/MB player.
    Oh no no, im gonna continue throwing your name in the hat for Blazblue.

Legend of Dragoon was awesome blossom. It was, and maybe IS, the best example of a completely linear game that can still be really good.

And for the Blazblue Revolution thing, the application is by the 16th not the tournament in general.
    PSN = iw2ma