Central PA thread (Harrisburg,York,Lancaster,other centralish areas)

liquidsnake007liquidsnake007 Wadey WilsonJoined: Posts: 90
whats up, im in York and i dont know of literally ANY other players in my area.
the closest area to me with players is Bmore and i cant get there all the time.

so if your in the Central PA area, post up. we can play local matches.
whoa.

Comments

• BeanOfFuryBeanOfFury Would anyone like some pound cake!!?? Joined: Posts: 126
    I'm from Hershey area myself.

Street Fighter 4 and Tekken 6 mainly, also play Soul Calibur 4. (not very good but like finding new people)

Gamertags: Xbox360 - thebeanoffury PS3 - BeanOfFury
  • nBoKossuthnBoKossuth Joined: Posts: 9
    word..
  • masterofkingmasterofking pitiful scum Joined: Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I live in carlisle ive been looking for people to play locally forever I have and play everything would you all be down to play offline sun or mon I can host lets get a scene cracking
    In the words of wario I can't believe
    I lost to a bunch of loser
    Hey when would everybody be free for a gathering and where
    My days off are Sun and Mon. Normally raid in WoW on Sunday nights though. Also I work 3rd shift so my schedule is a little wonky. I got your friend request the other day and added you. I'd be down for some online matches when I see you online. :)
    I have the same days off if you want we can set some offline games up for this upcoming mon
  • JedahsMinistryJedahsMinistry BattousaiCV Joined: Posts: 542
    Holy crap a central PA thread that isn't State College.

I'm around Dillsburg (between Gettysburg and Harrisburg).
    I've got a Supergun with COTA, MSH, MvSF, Vampire Savior and Vampire Hunter (and would play any of those on GGPO). It also has PSX ports to plug in PS1/2 controllers and sticks.

Not into newer stuff though since I don't have any new consoles.
    Gettysburg, PA
    Netplay Poverty - http://www.twitch.tv/randomalt
    X-Men COTA and stuff - http://www.youtube.com/user/BattousaiCV
    Blurbs about games - http://twitter.com/BattousaiCV
    Holy crap a central PA thread that isn't State College.

I'm around Dillsburg (between Gettysburg and Harrisburg).
    I've got a Supergun with COTA, MSH, MvSF, Vampire Savior and Vampire Hunter (and would play any of those on GGPO). It also has PSX ports to plug in PS1/2 controllers and sticks.

Not into newer stuff though since I don't have any new consoles.

can you also hook up cps3 games to your supergun if so I have third strike and would be down to play I also have alpha 3 and msh
  • JedahsMinistryJedahsMinistry BattousaiCV Joined: Posts: 542
    I've never tried it, but as long as you have the motherboard and it can use a CPS2 kick harness, it should work.
    Gettysburg, PA
    Netplay Poverty - http://www.twitch.tv/randomalt
    X-Men COTA and stuff - http://www.youtube.com/user/BattousaiCV
    Blurbs about games - http://twitter.com/BattousaiCV
    I've never tried it, but as long as you have the motherboard and it can use a CPS2 kick harness, it should work.

sweet it does use a kick harness
    MASTEROFKING, I don't have any plans currently for Monday. What timeframe you looking at to play?

edit: Sorry about the edit. It looks like I'm not going to have time to play Monday after all. I'm in the process of getting ready to move soon. Hopefully I'll be more free in a couple weeks.
  • HornetajcHornetajc Joined: Posts: 22
    Also in York and work just south of Harrisburg. I'm only playing SSF4 but I'll send out a few FRs.
  • Diaper BombDiaper Bomb INT: 01 LCK: 99 Joined: Posts: 860
    yoooooooooo 3RD STRIKE tournament time, come on down! THIS IS IMPORTANT!

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=238646&p=8974587#post8974587
    Post more
    Cyborg 1 = www.cyborg1.com / Home of h2h 3S
    Wise Man - " I don't think I've read a Jwangggg or Tebbo post on SRK and not regretted it. "
  • JesterJester Jagga Toof Joined: Posts: 630 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm usually online before 3pm or after midnight for games if u guys want. I dunno if anything's going down, but there aren't any near enough tournaments next weekend, so if someone wants to set up a gathering or something, i can roll through with a handful of players. Also shout outs to diaper bomb and third strike. Tell kevin and flare that the meat trucks says they're fagels
  • TherapistTherapist Bringin' summer back Joined: Posts: 467
    Rape rape.
    If Akuma were in Sesame Street, he would be the GOUKIE MONSTER and would sing, "R is for Rape - that's good enough for me!"
    Yes!
    w00t! Finally moved in to my new place so I should be able to make time if we want to get some people together for some offline play.

Edit: btw, I posted in the Tournament forums about the Harrisburg Ballers Club and their monthly tournament. Next one is June 26th. I am going to try to make it again. Let's see if we can get more people to show up for Tekken 6 and Super Street Fighter 4.

10 dollar entry fee per tournament with a chance at a pot depending on the amount of people.

http://www.hbcpga.com/
    what up people me and beanoffury are playing tomorrow at my house in carlise at 6pm all are welcome plan on playing a little of everything
  • outlawnatersoutlawnaters Joined: Posts: 7
    Hey, I live in Morgantown my GT is OutlawNaters I'd be glad to get together offline and play a few matches and meet some people:D
    Me and beanoffury r playing again at my house in carlise at 6pm on Monday all are welcome to roll thru
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Come out to the lehigh valley open SSF4 tourney happening in july

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?...ghlight=lehigh
  • CHITSCHITS YOUNG BULL Joined: Posts: 10
    i'm in the elizabethtown area. i find out my work schedule every week so i wouldn't know too much ahead of time what days i have off.
    http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=238646

THIS WEEKEND! 3S on jap H2H cab!!
    Post more
    Wise Man - " I don't think I've read a Jwangggg or Tebbo post on SRK and not regretted it. "
  • WildWonWildWon Smot poker. Joined: Posts: 612
    I'm looking for some Central PA'ers to get some controller-passing MvC2 matches. Anyone know of anything good that's local?

I have a DC and one (1) dreamcast brick-stick (love that thing), but only one... and no stick for other available MvC2 systems (sadly).

I can't offer up a place to play, Wife® & Infant-Son in a small apartment don't really allow for major get-togethers any more :\

@Chits well shit, kid. I'm in Etown too. *highfive*
    Ragequitting; consider it the real-life snap back. Kickin' your arse so hard, you're knocked off line.
    g+: http://gplus.to/WildWon
    *edited* Hmm... one click to post and it double posted me. Odd. Sorry bout that :)
    Ragequitting; consider it the real-life snap back. Kickin' your arse so hard, you're knocked off line.
    If you're looking for marvel comp, I'm the best person around until you get to philly. I live in lanc lanc. There's a few of my students around lancaster as well who are solid at the game. We really don't get together much, but if anything pops up I can give you a shout. If you have xbl, we can get in some online marvel, even tho xbox marvel is a fucking travesty. My schedule rotates, but if you want to set something up locally, hit me with a pm and i can let you know what my work schedule looks like.
    Yea, i'm on 360, however, i'm stickless... so i've learned to play w/ the 360 pad, but i'm not up to snuff as i once was w/ my Dreamcast Brick-Stick (LOVE that thing). I'd be greatly down for getting together (getting a small group or something) for some stick passing, however, my free time is hella limited with a new baby taking up 99% of my time.

Buuuut, i'm down for 360 (send me a request, i'm randomly on there too... but who knows heh), and i'll see about any free time coming up.

(i miss my oldschool harrisburg days of sitting around with 6 people in a round-robin play for HOURS at a time. So i'd prefer group play over online, but as time for everyone is tight, Live is a very far off 2nd exception ;))
  • STORMSSTORMS TestYourMight! Joined: Posts: 91
    I'm from the York area. My AIM is VLADsuperior

Hit me up if anyone has a place to meet up?

Does Comic Store West host casuals or tournies..?
    TestYourMight.com - ClassicMK.com - UltimateMK.com
    NO other MK site has the dedication to tournament-play like us.
    The best MK site? YOU make that call.
    ~Third Strike Tournament Time! (on H2H arcade cab)~

JUST DO IT
    Post more

Hey man, I tried to hit that link and it appeared to be broken. Might want to double check it.
    I should have posted sooner but hopefully someone sees this. Harrisburg Ballers will be holding a series of tournamets this Saturday (6-27) at the Harrisburg Mall. Location will be near the food court at the new LAN place that was opened there (2nd Floor). Signups start at 11am with the tournaments starting at 1pm. SSF4 and Tekken 6 are included.

Harrisburg Ballers Club Pro Gaming Arena, LLC

Hit the link to learn more. Hope to see some more people there.
    my student jd aka komosutro aka nea brother 1 goes to those and owns ssf4 for free = (. If there was some real comp i'd come out, but it's just random kids with controllers.
    Random Question Time: Are there any decent MvC2 machines around the area at all? The only one i was aware of for a while was at Colonial Park Mall. I haven't been out there for a while... i don't even know if the arcade is still there heh.

And if so, does it still get decent play? Or is the scene dead 'round these parts?
    All the marvel machines are gone as far as I know. They got rid of the one at park city a loooooong time ago because me and my crew were upsetting the dance-dance kids cause our game drew a bigger crowd = (. Arcade politics for the lose.
    Hah yeah, i knew the Park City one was long gone. I used to play on that one. A lot.

Hmm... possibilities we had played each other at one point or another. But that's years back as of now. And for some odd reason, my memory isn't as good as it used to be. *cough cough*

Damn, so it looks like it'll have to be a planned setup to get some serious Mah-val time in.

If you were to set up some group play, are there a few sticks available? Would it be 360 or DC? I have no time-frame of possibilities... i'm just REALLY wanting to get some play in, and just asking questions can calm my nerves until i can get out somewhere :p
    I've got a dreamcast and 2 converters, but I've only got one mas stick. I've got a few sticks for xbox, but jap sticks are ass for marvel. And if you played at park city, chances are we've played at some point. I dunno if you remember the marvel tournament that they had, but I'm the guy that won.

As far as get togethers go, I'm actually off this weekend so I can try to find us a spot to play, but my apt is off limits for the time being. I'll ask around and see what I can come up with, and I'll update the thread if I find a spot.
    Ah well, this weekend is out. I'm starting to move this weekend. As a matter of fact, i'm going to say that the month of July is pretty much out... save for maybe one saturday (depends if the Wife® does a spa day or not heh), but that's very much up in the air. We're actually going to be taking our time moving this time... so that's what weekends will entail (rather than jamming it all into one day).

Ok, for DC, i have the old DC Arcade stick which is balls-awesome for MvC2 (i mean, that's what i learned out, outside of the arcade), so that's covered ;) Sadly, i don't remember the tourney there. I would have liked to have been a part of one of those. Oh wells, mebbe next time heh.

My schedule is so effed up that we'd need to do a 2 or 3 week advance notice at this point :-\ Soooo, i'll keep my ears to the ground about what's around on my end, and i'll need to do a calendar check to see about setting a day aside (evening i'd assume... probably a weekend heh) to get something moving.
    EDIT: So why does "quick reply" double my posts on occasion? Hmm, i'll have to check into that :-\ Again, sorry for the double post.
  • ClavaatClavaat Joined: Posts: 13
    Random Question Time: Are there any decent MvC2 machines around the area at all? The only one i was aware of for a while was at Colonial Park Mall. I haven't been out there for a while... i don't even know if the arcade is still there heh.

And if so, does it still get decent play? Or is the scene dead 'round these parts?

I live like 10min from Colonial Park Mall and ya the arcade is still there w/ the MvC2 machine. The place is usually pretty dead...I mean the only people who go to that mall anymore are 14 yr olds bein cool.
    Cody/Sakura
    is that machine set to super damage or is that shit normal? if its good, maybe we can just plan an outing to the mall, and get some old school arcade marvel going. Even tho it might end up being costly = (
    I live like 10min from Colonial Park Mall and ya the arcade is still there w/ the MvC2 machine. The place is usually pretty dead...I mean the only people who go to that mall anymore are 14 yr olds bein cool.

Hell, I thought that arcade had closed. I haven't been in that mall in a while, though.
    Might as well make a post on this. The Harrisburg Ballers Club will be having a tournament at Ice Cream Heaven on Sunday, July 11th. 20$ entry fee though. Just an fyi. They play on the 360. I'm putting a link to their website in this post so you can get full details on location and such. Just trying to get word of mouth going.

Harrisburg Ballers Club Pro Gaming Arena, LLC
  • dandeschaindandeschain Joined: Posts: 3
    I'm in Harrisburg. GT is Danmagz, PSN is Danmagz. GGPO is Danmagz. I'm also down to play locally with you guys. My house, your house, don't matter. I'll play anything.
  • HornetajcHornetajc Joined: Posts: 22
    I gotta find a Saturday to go play in that tournament at Harrisburg Mall. I keep forgetting.

I have a townhouse on the west side of York with a decent area to have 4-5 people over. I'll remember to add some of you on Xbox Live to play and talk about getting together.
    Me and beanoffury will be playing games this Monday anybody can stop by I'm hoping to have the new blazeblue cs by than
  • dandeschaindandeschain Joined: Posts: 3
    Me and beanoffury will be playing games this Monday anybody can stop by I'm hoping to have the new blazeblue cs by than

Where at?
    Where at?

Carlisle around 6pm
  • KanadwenKanadwen Joined: Posts: 2
    I'm in York! I didn't even think about looking on SRK for fellow players...

*fail*

This is probably my first post too...not sure.

EDIT: LOL yup, first post in 5 years.
  • ReyTheGreatReyTheGreat Joined: Posts: 24
    hey guys im in lancaster, p.a not far from york or any other places. lets practice!
    I'M A BEAST, YOUR JUST A PET.
    I heard park city got a new marvel 2 machine and it's only a quarter. I'm gonna stop by today after my meeting just to find out, but if it's true we should definitely set something up (for those that play marvel.)