Central PA thread (Harrisburg,York,Lancaster,other centralish areas)

Comments

• TheCapeTheCape Joined: Posts: 944
    Anyone in Perry county play?
    Which games do you play? I'm not too far away in Cumberland County.
    If its not fun, I will just stop playing it.
  • Bacon ManicBacon Manic Werd? Joined: Posts: 115
    As always I think playing people over the internet locally is much better/faster then anywhere else.
    Hit me up online.
    XBL LinearStarScrem
    Hard for me to do much else with a newborn!
    XBL: LinearStarScrem
    Be sure to add me, just make sure you let me know where you found me.
  • todtod Joined: Posts: 216
    Hey guys, I was thinking I could host a gaming night at my place. I live in West York, PA. I have an empty room and could host a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly gaming event (There is a pizza shop down the street as well as a beer store and convenience store, for whatever you might need.) Unfortunately, I don't have a console as I play on PC, but I have an Asus monitor and a large TV. So if someone has a couple consoles we could easily have 2 setups at least.

So, if anyone is seriously interested please drop a reply or message me. I'm fairly open to dates. Let me know what you guys think.

I'm planning on checking out the Xanadu weeklies down in Baltimore as well if anyone is interested in tag teaming to go down there.
    CFN: todoro | Fightcade: todoro | Steam: intelligentjerk | YouTube | Twitch.tv
    tod: I feel like you and I know each other or we met before. Hard to say though.
    tod: I feel like you and I know each other or we met before. Hard to say though.
    Yeah man, I PM'd you a while back. I visited your place to play Melee back in the day! Good times. :P
    Do you play Marvel? Want to get together this week?
    Do you play Marvel? Want to get together this week?
    I played vanilla for a while and Ultimate briefly. I am down for playing it. I plan on going to Baltimore for Xanadu Wednesday so any other day will probably work. Let's hammer out a date/time and what kind of equipment.

Like I said, I don't own any consoles unfortunately. But I have a large TV (w/ HDMI) and an Asus monitor. I have AE for PC, and 3S, VS, ST on GGPO. I also have a wireless router so we can download profiles if needed. My stick is also dual-modded so I can play on any console.

If anyone else is interested please speak up! Let's play some games!
    I might have to check out Xanadu as well. What are the details for that?
    I might have to check out Xanadu as well. What are the details for that?
    http://www.xanadu-games.com/schedule.php Click on Wednesday 5PM Xanbats for details.
    Hey again, if anyone is interested in setting up a game night please let me know. I'm up for hosting and down for some games.
  • lildshadow2lildshadow2 Get blow up Joined: Posts: 246
    Hey guys I recently moved to Lancaster PA and I was wondering if anyone in this area plays AE2012 seriously. I'm willing to drive about 20 mins to play offline if there's a decent amount of AE2012 players. Let me know if there's interest. We can also play online, I have AE2012 on PC XBL And PS3.
    I like to Cannon Strike.
    XBL GT: octdave please challenge me if US North East Coast and competitive!
    www.twitch.tv/lildshadow2 watch me stream some AE PC ! or counter-strike 1.6!! Best game!
    Hey guys I recently moved to Lancaster PA and I was wondering if anyone in this area plays AE2012 seriously. I'm willing to drive about 20 mins to play offline if there's a decent amount of AE2012 players. Let me know if there's interest. We can also play online, I have AE2012 on PC XBL And PS3.
    I play AE on PC and would love a good connection! Add me. My tag is CrummyFob. I'm also trying to set up a local gathering over here in York.
  • masterofkingmasterofking pitiful scum Joined: Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    hey what up im down for any gatherings
    In the words of wario I can't believe
    I lost to a bunch of loser
  • lildshadow2lildshadow2 Get blow up Joined: Posts: 246
    I play AE on PC and would love a good connection! Add me. My tag is CrummyFob. I'm also trying to set up a local gathering over here in York.
    Great to hear. Do you have steam? if you do that'd be a good way we can setup an endless lobby, i'm always on steam and never really go on GFWL unless I talk to someone about playing previously.

if you have steam add me there so we can play whenever we're both free. my steam account name is sh4d0w2 and it will appear as octdave once you add me.
    I like to Cannon Strike.
    XBL GT: octdave please challenge me if US North East Coast and competitive!
    www.twitch.tv/lildshadow2 watch me stream some AE PC ! or counter-strike 1.6!! Best game!
    I'm up for game nights as well. Do you have any idea what night you would want to do?
    How about Saturday afternoon/evening?

If 3 people show up, we could run 2 setups at the same time. More the merrier!

What we need:
    • consoles + games.
    • A monitor or TV would be good, preferably a monitor. If not, that's okay I have a monitor and a tv.
    • Bring your own sticks, I only have one.
    What I have:
    • SSF4AE on PC
    • 1 large flat tv
    • 1 asus monitor
    • tables for setups
    • I only have one chair but I can probably find some if needed.
    If people want to pitch in a couple bucks I can get pizza and drinks. Or, there's a great burrito place down the street. They're good, filling, and cheap.

You're welcome to stay the night if you want, but you might wanna bring a sleeping bag cause I don't have extra sheets/pillows.
    Okay.... so, no replies here.

I am done here. Peace.
    I cant make it this saturday, but I'd definetly be up for it maybe next week. Got at least one friend I can bring, possibly two.
  • outlawnatersoutlawnaters Joined: Posts: 7
    Hey, I live close to Lancaster city and would be up for any fighting game! Someone let me know what(if anything) is happening around here and I'll try to make it out to something!
    Aight guys, I'm down for attempting this one more time. This week, preferably Saturday. That way you guys can park anywhere and not have to feed the meter.

If you guys are serious about this please, speak up and Follow this thread.

If you can bring equipment, great. We will need it. If you can bring friends, great. More the merrier. There's good affordable food, convenience store, and beer store all within walking distance.

I believe most people are interested in playing Marvel. It would be cool to try out some Tekken Tag 2 if anyone has that.

How about Saturday, start at 3PM until whenever.
    Located here: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=1534 west market street york pa&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&hnear=1534 W Market St, York, Pennsylvania 17404&gl=us&t=m&z=16
    Bring some consoles, monitors, and games.
    If you need my phone number please send me a PM.

Please let me know if you're coming. If I don't get any replies by Friday, the event will obviously not happen and I'm just not going to try anymore lol.

I have received a couple PM's that next Saturday may work better, so if that works for you, then say so.
  • TheNewColeTrainTheNewColeTrain Joined: Posts: 9
    Hello from lancaster, Id be down to come back home and play. I can bring a 360 and Marvel, SF, SFXT, and MK. I might be able to get a monitor too.
    Cool, looks like something may finally be getting started! I'm also available after school if anyone wants to get casuals in sometime than!
    Cool, looks like something may finally be getting started! I'm also available after school if anyone wants to get casuals in sometime than!
    Get GGPO and play Third Strike!
    I will look into how to do that, because I currently do not know how, I have 3rd strike for xbox 360 though
    Ill be there this sat for sure I play everything tod ill pm you for your number
  • ChrisDChrisD Joined: Posts: 1,418
    I'm in for Saturday! I'll be there with Cole.
    I'm in for Saturday! I'll be there with Cole.
    Awesome guys. So I'm assuming I'll have 3 guests so far. Can you guys bring a monitor and a couple consoles and games? Let me know what you can bring please!

Edit. I will take a picture of my front place so you guys know where I'm at... Simply put look for the Koller Dry Cleaning sign down from teh Quick 6 and Turkey Hill. I'm the place beside the dry cleaner side (same building.)
    Can you guys let me know what you're bringing? We going to need a couple consoles at least. We might not have chairs :( apparently the ones my family had are missing. I will keep looking. Floor isn't dirty or anything though.

Still hoping we can have more people show up.
  • TheNewColeTrainTheNewColeTrain Joined: Posts: 9
    Like I said earlier, I can bring a 360 and Street Fighter and Marvel, if you want me to bring something like MK or SFXT just let me know. I might be able to bring a monitor. It isnt the best, but it works.
    Okay cool. I'm hoping we can confirm at least one more console to run 2 setups at the same time. I don't play MK at all, and SFXT is incredibly boring if you ask me, so those games are totally up to you guys on that haha.
    Shit. I hate to do this but I have to cancel the event Saturday. I just got a job offer and have to leave tomorrow for it. Being unemployed, I can't exactly say "no, I have to play video games".

If you guys can find another place I think you should make it happen! This area needs a scene! I'm probably relocating to Ohio here very soon so I can't make this happen though. Again, I'm really sorry I wish you guys the best of luck.

I'll send out a message to the people who rsvp'd.
    Oh, well I don't have a sufficient home to game in, but I still would love to meet up and play! good luck with your job tod!
  • Saint_SpikeSaint_Spike So Zetta Slow Joined: Posts: 7
    Ill let you know if Ill be able to go by Wednesday.

Edit:
    Shit, just saw that message
    Soh cah toa
    not sure I,ll get one and see whats up
    Oh, well I don't have a sufficient home to game in, but I still would love to meet up and play! good luck with your job tod!
    Thanks! Sorry again guys. Just got back from my interview that turned into an actual week and a half of work. The great part is I got the job! So, packing things up to move out to Columbus, Ohio. If you guys want to add me on Xbox my tag is CrummyFob, otherwise I am usually playing 3S on GGPO (tag is todoro)

Peace out Central PA!
    Thanks! Sorry again guys. Just got back from my interview that turned into an actual week and a half of work. The great part is I got the job! So, packing things up to move out to Columbus, Ohio. If you guys want to add me on Xbox my tag is CrummyFob, otherwise I am usually playing 3S on GGPO (tag is todoro)

Peace out Central PA!
    yo man good luck in ohio
  • pawn080pawn080 Joined: Posts: 12
    What's up York! I'm here in York on business for 2 weeks and was wondering if there are any casual spots for AE or UMvC3.
    I'm staying near some mall here that actually has MvC2, SVC Chaos, CvSNK2, and Tekken arcade cabinets but I was literally the only person there.
    It's too bad... (I suck at those games anyway)
    So what's good? Any casual meetups in the York area?
  • GoddessBraceletGoddessBracelet Great Magic! Joined: Posts: 772
    You're near the galleria mall I take it? That place has a few great fighters but the owner does not seem to really take care of them. Last time I was there was 2 weeks ago and the marvel 2 cab was working because the sticks and buttons had been ripped from a soul caliber game.

I'm sure we could get a small get together rolling along.
    what up pawn080 glad 2 have you here in pa im free 2 play this sat and sunday let me know whats good