Central PA thread (Harrisburg,York,Lancaster,other centralish areas)

Comments

• pawn080pawn080 Joined: Posts: 12
    You're near the galleria mall I take it? That place has a few great fighters but the owner does not seem to really take care of them. Last time I was there was 2 weeks ago and the marvel 2 cab was working because the sticks and buttons had been ripped from a soul caliber game.

I'm sure we could get a small get together rolling along.

Yeah I'm right across from Galleria mall in the Hampton Inn. I went there 3 night and was the only person there besides a DDR player. Lol.

I'm going back to jersey for the weekend but ill be back in town Monday night.
    Let me know if anything is goin on. Would be cool to just get a casual night while I'm here.
  • SolidOutlawSolidOutlaw Joined: Posts: 351
    Hey guys, I know any of the areas here would be in for a long drive to get here, but on the 27th, Pittsburgh is having its monthly and I was wondering if any of you guys would be interested, we play AE, Marvel, KOF (Including Season's Beatings t-12 TJ), P4 and Tekken. Venue fee is $3, which is waived if you bring a set up, and each game is $5, we usually draw around 12-15 people per game, but we've got Erie coming down so that should drive the number be between 15-20 for AE and round 12-15 for everything else. I'm also trying to get State College and some of Cleveland in the fold. It's in the CMU University Center, registration starts at 7:30, games will start at 8. It will likely be in the Danforth Room.
    http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=224345 Pittsburgh thread.I win tournaments at anime cons...and only anime cons.
  • masterofkingmasterofking pitiful scum Joined: Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hey guys, I know any of the areas here would be in for a long drive to get here, but on the 27th, Pittsburgh is having its monthly and I was wondering if any of you guys would be interested, we play AE, Marvel, KOF (Including Season's Beatings t-12 TJ), P4 and Tekken. Venue fee is $3, which is waived if you bring a set up, and each game is $5, we usually draw around 12-15 people per game, but we've got Erie coming down so that should drive the number be between 15-20 for AE and round 12-15 for everything else. I'm also trying to get State College and some of Cleveland in the fold. It's in the CMU University Center, registration starts at 7:30, games will start at 8. It will likely be in the Danforth Room.

I want 2 go to this I could not find a thread
    In the words of wario I can't believe
    I lost to a bunch of loser
  • PN1PN1 Joined: Posts: 64
    This area seems pretty dead as far as tournaments/events/casuals go. Anyone know of any near the York/Harrisburg/Lancaster area?
  • ChrisDChrisD Joined: Posts: 1,418
    I play Marvel casuals with a friend now and then, at least once a week. We both go to school at Millersville.
  • damusdamus who will be left standing when the dust clears Joined: Posts: 701
    MVC3: Trish, Hulk, Robot
    Tekken: Dragonuv
    SSFIVAE: Sim
    BBCS: Taokaka
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • lildshadow2lildshadow2 Get blow up Joined: Posts: 246
    This area seems pretty dead as far as tournaments/events/casuals go. Anyone know of any near the York/Harrisburg/Lancaster area?
    I live in lancaster and play SF4AE2012 Competitively. I WOULD LOVE to find locals that play as well so I can get some offline play without having to travel 1 hour and 40 mins where I normally play. Please PM me (I dont check SRK often) so contact me on xbox GT: octdave
    I like to Cannon Strike.
    XBL GT: octdave please challenge me if US North East Coast and competitive!
    www.twitch.tv/lildshadow2 watch me stream some AE PC ! or counter-strike 1.6!! Best game!
  • InternetJoshInternetJosh Seriously Joined: Posts: 37
    Carlisle here looking for people to play sfxt and sf4 with I'm super rusty but I was once considered tournament level in sf4
  • ArchonArchon Joined: Posts: 19
    I noticed the Shrewsbury Gamestop sold their copies of Street Fighter Anniversary Collection and CvS2. Which one of you lucky souls grabbed them? York needs a Third Strike scene ASAP.
  • Bacon ManicBacon Manic Werd? Joined: Posts: 115
    I had no idea that the Galleria Mall had any fighters in it. I don't know why more local bars don't get cabinets like these in. Kind of sad. I remember Jo-Jos in Hummelstown used to have some great games on there.

Anyway.. Anyone know of anything happening in York. Local here.
    XBL: LinearStarScrem
    Be sure to add me, just make sure you let me know where you found me.
    You can find MvC2, SNK vs Capcom, and Tekken machines scattered around, such as in West Manchester Mall, the Galleria, and the Queens St. bowling alley, but they tend to be broken (unresponsive buttons).

Comic Store West wants nothing to do with fighting game events, sadly. York College might allow a student to organize an event, but all events must be approved and planned with the administrators.
    You can find MvC2, SNK vs Capcom, and Tekken machines scattered around, such as in West Manchester Mall, the Galleria, and the Queens St. bowling alley, but they tend to be broken (unresponsive buttons).

Comic Store West wants nothing to do with fighting game events, sadly. York College might allow a student to organize an event, but all events must be approved and planned with the administrators.

That is sad really.. broken. I know about the Comic Store West. I was in talks with the owner for about a month getting some fighting game event with UMvC3 and SF4, but that fizzled out and I assumed he wasn't interested. Mostly that idea of how to get people to sign up if they couldn't win anything (illegal in PA apparently).

I used to work at YCP. They do allow students to organize, and they did have a Team Fortress 2 tourney at one point. I think the hardest part would be getting people in who are not YCP students and time constraints.

I thin until we can find a centrally located area that will allow us to have a meet we are doomed to drive to MD or Philly.

We could try Planet X Comic, supposedly they already have an "Xbox lounge".
    I just looked up Planet X Comic on Google Maps; I never knew that place existed. It's in a good location near the theaters, grocery stores and the highway. I'll have to stop by there when I'm near and see if they have regular gaming sessions. Even if we organized casual sessions rather than tournaments, we could draw people on Friday night or the weekend.
  • lildshadow2lildshadow2 Get blow up Joined: Posts: 246
    Yeah sounds good. Lets work toward this, I am down/// if theres any SF4AE comp around locally im so down (lancaster-york). Otherwise im driving to maryland. they have a good scene.
    I like to Cannon Strike.
    XBL GT: octdave please challenge me if US North East Coast and competitive!
    www.twitch.tv/lildshadow2 watch me stream some AE PC ! or counter-strike 1.6!! Best game!
    I think we would have to start small like that. Just get a few people together for casuals. I think there is a PA law against money winnings in a tournament, think it is viewed as illegal gambling? (WTF)

I live near by Planet X Comics. I can swing by when I get a chance, which doesn't happen very often if at all. Baby, Wife, Work
  • nsreedernsreeder I run tournaments in Camp Hill, PA. Check us out on Facebook: Rushdown Gaming or send me a message. Joined: Posts: 154
    Wow just foubd this thread. This is awesome! Im from york and play street fighter. Would LOVE for some local matches. Ill read through this more after work tonight
    XBL: LordFlopyRoostr

SFXT: Hugo x Zangief main team. Also Ogre and Ryu
  • nsreedernsreeder I run tournaments in Camp Hill, PA. Check us out on Facebook: Rushdown Gaming or send me a message. Joined: Posts: 154
    Galleria mall has some? Im gonna check this out. Im available the next 3 weekends. Pm me or hit me up on xbl LordFlopyRoostr

My wifes gonna hate this hahaha

Does anyone play sfxt? Haha i kno right? O well i love it. I suck at sfiv just picked that up. Im good at sfxt tho

nsreeder said:
    Does anyone play sfxt? Haha i kno right? O well i love it. I suck at sfiv just picked that up. Im good at sfxt tho
    Dude I'd love to play sfxt the only other local I really know hates it I'm in carlisle but I'd make the trip to get my sfxt on

GT: Derisively
    Good games last night. Ur chun is tough! Ive been working on kaz. Hes a beast

Hey maybe i could talk my wife into having some ppl over for some matches on sfxt and sf4. I know 2 friends local who would probably play. One is really goodand the other not really. He likes sf4 better. I have xbox and an arcade stick, hori ex2 turbo pad, and original xbox controller anyone can use if u dont have xbox or just would like to try either controllers out. That is unless my match is up. Lol. We can figure that out then. If youre familiar with the area i live about a block away from Kiwanis lake and about 1/2 mile from george st just off of rt 30 by the hooters on Pennsylvania ave. I have a wife and son who would be here so a family event. So, kids and anyone else is welcome. Drinking and anything else is allowed we dont mind that, just do it responsibly, just good fun with good people. Itll still get loud, so not like its some stuffy quiet atmosphere as to not offend my wife or anything. My place isnt big but i could get another set up for my basement if needed. I have a fenced in yard kids could play if they come and fire rimg if at night. Coming up soon i wont have much time as i work at an ice manufacturer, so i dont have much time during the summers. I play sfxt, but sf4 can definitely be played. Just need someone to bring their copies. I dont have the AE edition only super. I also have MK ive only played that like 3 times tho.

IS that up there near the uhual place?
    Just going to throw this out as an FYI in case it has not been mentioned before.

Tilt at the York Galleria mall has a few machines in them. They have a Tekken 5, MvC2, CvS, and a Tekken Tag machine.

I wonder if they would be open to having a tourney....
  • DONGERKONGERDONGERKONGER strong arms Joined: Posts: 4
    curious to see if there are any millersville/lancaster area fg players, at this point id be up to play any game if anyone is up to
  • DethbryngerDethbrynger Joined: Posts: 3
    Hey! I just moved to Carlisle and I was wondering if there was any people in the area that play. I mainly play UMvC3.
  • weaponansellweaponansell Joined: Posts: 7
    Yo dethbringer I live in carlisle also been lookin for someone for a couple local matches hitme up on xbl gt- Weaponansell
  • damusdamus who will be left standing when the dust clears Joined: Posts: 701
    MVC3: Trish, Hulk, Robot
    Tekken: Dragonuv
    SSFIVAE: Sim
    BBCS: Taokaka
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • deadstarr7deadstarr7 Joined: Posts: 79
    lol i didnt think this had any activity on it anymore.. i play marvel sf whatever... nice to see this still being active.. oh also in carlisle =P
    Yea i live about 2 minutes from the u haul place on Roosevelt.

Seriously we all need to get together I lost the fighting game fire I use to have now that I have no one to compete with
    Yea josh i haven't seen u online much. U kick my ass in sfxt but i liked playing against u. Thats how I get better tho I'd by playing better competition. I work nights now, but that'd be cool to get some ppl together.

I dont play near the amount I used to, but im getting back into sfxt

Josh looks like u have some ppl in Carlisle now. Let me know if anything gets organized. I might be available. My schedule is about to get crazy though with the upcoming ice season almost upon us.

• weaponansellweaponansell Joined: Posts: 7
    Carlisle competetion wanted for some umvc3!!!!!!!! Fear the viewtiful one
  • JesterJester Jagga Toof Joined: Posts: 630 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What's up guys! I'm working with a local studio/art gallery to set up a tournament in Lancaster that could potentially turn into something regular. The date is going to be 6/30. Right now, I'm looking at having AE, UMVC3, and Injustice tournaments, as well as a COD tournament. I'm really only into fighters, but the studio wants to broaden the range to attract some different crowds and get a feel for what's more popular, so I'm hoping a lot of you can come out and show some love, and help me turn it into a monthly.

I'm hoping to run singles and teams for AE and Marvel, and probably just singles for Injustice. Depending on the turnout, there is definitely hope for different games in the future. I know a lot of you play SFxT also, but I don't want to put too many games on the card for the first one.

Tentatively, there is going to be a $5 venue fee, and it will probably be $5 to enter each game, which will be the prize pool. I just got the green light yesterday, so I'm going to be contacting some local vendors and see if I can get some pot bonuses or prizes donated to sweeten the deal, but I can't promise anything yet. I'm going to put a thread in the tournament section once I think of a name for the tournament, and have the price structure set in stone. I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys first.

The venue has a bathroom, is near local eateries, and is BYOB after 7 or 8pm, so if you have friends who want to come through as well just to hang out, but not necessarily enter, feel free to bring them.

If you guys have any questions/suggestions, please feel free to hit me up!
    You get sfxt there and I'll show up. Cant compete in the other games

• JesterJester Jagga Toof Joined: Posts: 630 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I wanted to add sfxt, but for the first event, they didn't want to go overboard with the number of games/tournaments until they can get an idea of what kind of turnout we have. I'm hoping to move it into the direction of just fighting games, which would give me some more leeway to add more games to the roster. If you can, you should still come through to check it out and show some love so we can host another in the future!
    Totally understand that. Gotta gauge the interest with the most popular games. I get that. Just if i. The future sfxt gets added I'll definitely be there. Im from york, so not sure if I'll make the trip to spectate, but good luck and I look forward to future tournaments.

Damn that is pretty awesome. I live close enough to Lancaster to make that drive. 6/30 sucks though as I will be at the beach.

I hope they decide they want to do this again At 5 bucks a head that is not bad. Hope it works!

I just picked up Injustice a few weeks ago. Anyone down for Injustice or Marvel let me know.