Playing "lame".

Mr.anj3L0616Mr.anj3L0616 Back in New YorkJoined: Posts: 127
I apologize in advance if this thread i started already exists, or has a thread related to it.
And of course the very noobish question that I probably answered by asking this.

What exactly do people mean when they tell you to play lame?
Is it:

1. Turtle the whole match.
2. Wait and bait.
3. Just use normals, only use a character's special moves when needed to.
4. All of the above.
Gamertag: MashGrabTuesday
SSFIV:AE - M. Bison
MVC3 - Skullhead, Hulk, Flamehead/Flamehead, Cap, Lizard Guy
UMVC3 -Skullhead, Hulk, Flamehead/Buckethead, Hulk, Flamehead/Buckethead, Skullhead, Lizard Guy

Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday.
I have a fever, and the only prescription is more Saikopawa!!

Comments

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 51,519 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Whatever allows you to win in SFIV basically. Get a health lead and runaway, build a bunch of super meter and sit on it, spam whatever works until they stop falling for it, don't do anything that will put you at a great risk of getting hit (like using tiger knees instead of tiger uppercuts or sticking to jabs and sweeps instead of EX dash punches with Rog).

A lot of people lose in SFIV because they try to win the match when there's clearly no need to "win" the match anymore. There's no reason to try and kill off Ryu when he only has 10 percent health, 3 EX meters and full ultra and you have 50 percent health with less meter. He has better tools than you do now because that's the way Capcom designed the game. Don't be a hero about it...just play lame and turtle your ass off until he gets complacent and burns the meter on EX hado or whiffs a shoryu and then punish.

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

• WarlikeWarlike 元最強です。 Joined: Posts: 2,117
    When people call you lame it basically means they ackknowledge they did not overcome your tactics/playstyle. In other words they failed and use it as an excuse to justify their 'superior' playstyle. There will always be certain aspects that are annoying or considered boring but if these things work for you, go for it.
    PSN: indico
    SF4AE: Gen | SF3OE: Akuma
    When people call you lame it basically means they ackknowledge they did not overcome your tactics/playstyle. In other words they failed and use it as an excuse to justify their 'superior' playstyle. There will always be certain aspects that are annoying or considered boring but if these things work for you, go for it.

Yeah in my general competitive area though "lame" is basically referred to as a play style. Like it's basically a SF connotation for us. We use it differently than say an Xbox Live scrub does who thinks playing lame means doing whatever he can't beat. So we sarcastically turn it into something that means something a bit different. When we tell each other to play "lame" it means don't be a hero and don't stick your head out there unnecessarily. You're already winning the match and trying to seal it when you don't really need to is unnecessary. It basically means let the health bars and the clock do the work for you.

• Mr.anj3L0616Mr.anj3L0616 Back in New York Joined: Posts: 127
    Thank you very much. I've been trying to apply this kind of play style lately. I've been playing mostly charge characters i.e. dictator and honda. Patience is not really my best asset when it comes to SF, but I'm getting that hang of it, i even try and play Sim. I'm a really patient person outside SF and other video games.. i just can't seem to incorporate that when i play.
    UMVC3 -Skullhead, Hulk, Flamehead/Buckethead, Hulk, Flamehead/Buckethead, Skullhead, Lizard Guy

Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday.
  • Little_GotenLittle_Goten No seriously, what the heck's a Kakarot? Joined: Posts: 5,598
    Annoying the crap out of your opponent is incredibly fun to do. Grabbing people multiple times in a row, fake outs and feints, turtling against other turtlers, etc.

When you rile them up, you have the psychological advantage. "Lame" is losing when you could've won.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    3DS: 3325-5076-0861
    NNID: Little_Goten
    Pokemon, Third Strike, Vsav, Skullgirls, Yu-Gi-Oh, Cardfight Vanguard

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • TannerTanner Joined: Posts: 1,691
    DevilJin is right, the shitty mechanics of sf4 force you to play lame when you are ahead since any poke, throw/tech attempt, missed link, blockstring involving anything but cr.lp/lk mashing can and will get you srk > fadc > ultra'd.
    League of Legends IGN: Logios
  • DeltaKyakuDeltaKyaku terribad Joined: Posts: 704
    Except laming it out is pretty damn viable in anything but like...Marvel maybe? Nah, I think I've seen it there with Roll/Servbot teams even.
  • BrentoBoxBrentoBox Drip Drip Drip Joined: Posts: 2,926
    Playing lame is whenever you win and they lose.
    "Upback is the new downback." - Airthrow

:dp: We da best.
    Marvel has plenty of lame shit too. Cable sittin on meter and throwing balls at you n shit. Marvel is generally a more offensive game than SFIV though so Marvel lame is more interesting to watch or utilize IMO. SFIV lame is basically just not doing much anything at all cuz it's all overly risk based against the top tiers once they have meter. Lame play between the lower tiers generally has more strategic application to it but Ryu and Sagat you basically just don't need to press anything anymore once you have a health lead and they have meter. Especially since their mix up game isn't really GDLK.

Well, yeah, Storm meter building is like the definition of lame, I was just thinking of where you cross from "everyday Marvel" lame to "Servbot not getting hit by HVP" lame I guess.
    Yeah Storm running to the top of the screen is pretty ass gay but what could potentially happen after that is more interesting IMO than most anything that happens in SFIV. The tools you have to beat Storm turtling IMO are still more varied and interesting than what you have to beat Ryu sitting on meter in IV.

Fighting games in general are lame though. The guy who usually wins in tournaments is the one who gets hit the least. It's just the way SFIV works you have to give more credit to lame play than in any other SF game since offensively there is little you can do as well. That's why I really hope Super SFIV turns up the offense like they say they will. That way winning the match will be more important than sitting on the lead. I just want SFIV's play to be more active. More buttons being pressed. Less down back saving you from 90 percent of offense. If people are going to play lame at least force them to have to move and react while they're doing it.

• Francys PaiFrancys Pai ☆ Resident Cynic ☆ Joined: Posts: 5,085
    It's subjective as to what is "Lame" and what is not. I personally find anything boring to be lame i.e:
    + Guile players who sit in a corner, fire a few booms, wait then flashkick on jumpin or go straight for the sweep option.
    + Gouki players who do nothing but jump back air fireball then go "Shit, I'm cornered! Teleport like crazy!",
    + Zangief players who do nothing but lariat, makes me clap my hands in a sarcastic manner and go "Wow, you're talented with one button."
    + Sagat players who do non-stop uppercuts because it results in me going "Autopilot Izuna vortex" and I really hate doing the same move over and over.
    + Blanka's who sit there, wait for you to move then roll accordingly (Rainbow ball on jump, rolling attack on walk forward).
    + Chunners who abuse the slide kick and overhead kick.

I could probably find little habits within all characters that I absolutely hate and find mundane and I'm sure everyone has this little list of gripes that makes them roll their eyes and go "This again..." But it all depends on what moves piss you off the most and what playstyle grates on you.

One person's lame could be another person's "You're not bad/you're good with *insert character*" So you can't pinpoint a specific "lame" point.
    MVY. Francys Pai | Eternal Blaze - Mad Vega Yomi forever <3
    "When one looks like glass, everything else looks to be made of stone."

Art blog; Scarlet Eyed Rätsel
  • WarlikeWarlike 元最強です。 Joined: Posts: 2,117
    DevilJin is right, the shitty mechanics of sf4 force you to play lame when you are ahead since any poke, throw/tech attempt, missed link, blockstring involving anything but cr.lp/lk mashing can and will get you srk > fadc > ultra'd.

Especially online, sometimes I just don't even bother doing good combos with Gen or Viper anymore since one missed link is a guaranteed reversal dp :(

@DevilJin

Yeah I get what you mean, lame is used in many different ways anyway. But online (I am assuming he way talking about online) it's mostly applicable to dudes that fail to beat you and call it so.
    PSN: indico
    SF4AE: Gen | SF3OE: Akuma
  • InverseInverse You? Destroy...me? Joined: Posts: 1,711
    There is a match on youtube of a E.Honda mirror match timing each other out in the first round by sitting there doing nothing, THEN going for slight headbutts in the second round. Edging out a win through slight damage.

It's extremely boring to watch, and boring to play but this is, sadly, the essence of SF4. If you have the patience to do that, you'll go far in this game sadly. Because no matter how offensive your character is, at some point you have to have the ability as a player to "play lame" as DevilJin puts it.

This took me years to accept, and honestly, to a degree you will go through phases in doing it. Because you basically have to play in a manner which may, or may not be fun to you to win. At that point you have to question, WHY, you play the game in the first place. Is winning fun enough to justify such a playstyle for you? Winning is always the goal, it should be, but the road to that victory should also be fun for you.

If this is always the case, then "playing lame" will ever rarely be "lame". It will just be "playing."
    "So Ryu is looking like poop more and more?"
    ~Rockman85

"No you'll just have to actually learn how to use Ryu."
    ~Deviljin 01
  • RuggRugg Ruffian Joined: Posts: 355
    At least its not MVC2.

Yipes
    With this much riding on my fists, this can't be my final fight
    It's funny how these topics turn into other discussions later on. :lol:

This is a good example of another typical SFIV match where the best way to win is not really to win but "do whatever you can to not lose". Basically as we call it where I live "play lame". We're not necessarily discrediting the Honda player since if the Honda player does what he does in the video against the Blanka player he wins and we win money and it's all good. Though it's not necessarily a super engaging battle by any means either.

The Honda player knows right off the bat that he wins this match convincingly if he gets a health lead and keeps Blanka out. Blanka's offensive game has been nerfed huge in SFIV and combined with a shitty Ultra, Honda doesn't need to worry about much even if Blanka gets in as long as he has the health lead. If he knows how to use s.HP, LP headbutt and tech throws the health lead will do the rest for him. A Honda player has no excuse for letting Blanka take the fight after getting a 30-40 percent or higher health lead vs. Blanka. The odds of Blanka still winning the match are close to zero. Blanka has to play this match in a way where he is keeping up with the health that Honda has because that's the way his character was designed. He just can't create big damage even when he catches rather solid mistakes from Honda. It just doesn't add up.

Now at this point it's not even really about knocking SFIV...it's just about if you're a Honda player fighting a Blanka player and you want to win...basically the number one advice you can get is to get the health lead (by landing a combo or 2) and sit back.

@Inverse:

Yes I've seen that Honda match awhile back. At first I thought it was boring as shit, and then i watch it again and analyzed why they did that. Then I can to the conclusion that SF4 is not all about rushing down and getting that damage in for the win, patience is part of the game and if you don't have it, good luck winning/getting better at it.

I'm not a big fan of losing..when I'm by myself I flip the shit after losing 5 times in a row.
    When I'm with friends I try to keep my composure..but I still get really salty.
    Need to work on that..
    People tell me that I take SF/SF4 seriously...why wouldn't I? To me Street Fighter is not just a game anymore, it's a lifestyle.

Yeah you have to be in the opponent's head and generally understand that you already have the KO screen lined up for you even though you aren't actively pressing an offensive battle until you win. That's what SFIV can be about in a lot of matchups and especially if you are the character that doesn't have that advantage in the matchup like the Blanka player you better be making good check of where your health bar is at or put the controller down before the screen says KO. Like if I was the Blanka player in that match I would just walk away from the cabinet around 30 seconds into the 2nd round. You just know you mentally fucked up and that's it.

• fogerfoger lame is good Joined: Posts: 5,661
    when someone tells you to play lame, it means play safe
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,373
  • ObanyeObanye Joined: Posts: 385
    Deviljin had it correct. Playing "lame" in the competitive fighting game since means basically not to take unneccesary risks constantly and to sit on life leads and the like. Basically using every tool at you disposal be it chip damage, running the timer out or anything else to get a win that some would consider cowardly. For example Justin Wong has been known to tell other players that they don't play lame enough when they lose a match they could have won through playing more conservatively.
  • JarekovJarekov Thou Art A Bear Joined: Posts: 1,995
    At least its not MVC2.

Yipes

9 posts a day of dumb shit like this.
  • Jake Baby.Jake Baby. JakeBabeH . Joined: Posts: 144
    @Inverse:

Yes I've seen that Honda match awhile back. At first I thought it was boring as shit, and then i watch it again and analyzed why they did that. Then I can to the conclusion that SF4 is not all about rushing down and getting that damage in for the win, patience is part of the game and if you don't have it, good luck winning/getting better at it.

I'm not a big fan of losing..when I'm by myself I flip the shit after losing 5 times in a row.
    When I'm with friends I try to keep my composure..but I still get really salty.
    Need to work on that..
    People tell me that I take SF/SF4 seriously...why wouldn't I? To me Street Fighter is not just a game anymore, it's a lifestyle.

tell em man...
    SoCAL, FFA
    It's so hard but I'm trying to play "lame"

I loose most of my damn matches being to aggressive.

and when I do play "lame" dodging, fa and fb fights...eventually I get hit or chipped to death by some Ryu or Sagat because I can't keep up in the fb barrage:annoy:
    SoCAL, FFA
  • JaggerJagger Joined: Posts: 384
    Lame is when you use the character's attributes to make up for the fact that you have NO fucking idea how to play. Fireballing to play the zoning game: not lame. Fireballing only to jumpback every time someone gets close so you can return to fullscreen fireballing because you don't know what zoning is: lame. It's not even keepout that's lame, it's keepaway. You are officially lame the minute i have to expend twice as much effort chasing you down because you're too goddamned lazy to learn how to do more than QCF+P.

Alternately, doing the same crap over and over again so i have to figure out your pattern of retardation instead of playing the game. Basically, lame isn't that which beats anyone, it's that which makes it pointless for anyone to even care about trying to beat.
    Lame is when you use the character's attributes to make up for the fact that you have NO fucking idea how to play. Fireballing to play the zoning game: not lame. Fireballing only to jumpback every time someone gets close so you can return to fullscreen fireballing because you don't know what zoning is: lame. It's not even keepout that's lame, it's keepaway. You are officially lame the minute i have to expend twice as much effort chasing you down because you're too goddamned lazy to learn how to do more than QCF+P.

Alternately, doing the same crap over and over again so i have to figure out your pattern of retardation instead of playing the game. Basically, lame isn't that which beats anyone, it's that which makes it pointless for anyone to even care about trying to beat.

That runaway fighter...

I have to deal with the same thing
    SoCAL, FFA
  • AkumanatorAkumanator Registered Loser Joined: Posts: 355
    Fighting someone who you're clearly better than and using techniques they're not familiar with is lame.

I guess running away to wait out the clock when you both have around 40% health is lame.
    Actually, I'll tell you whats lame. Playing ranked match and secretly changing the match settings to 30 seconds and 1 victory and playing Mr. Air Fireball with akuma.
  • DevicaDevica Joined: Posts: 126
    i find "lame" everything regarding *guile* and i mean everything
    Decryption of 3des/des/aes pinblocks :: wincor & diebold machines
    Thanks for all your answers guys. Much appreciated.

• Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Super Coffee Fighter V Joined: Posts: 5,174 mod
    Lame, in the context you are asking about, is basically playing really defensive and reactive; IE zoning and turtley play designed to frustrate the other person. It's a conservative playstyle based on more on shutting down the opponents offense more so than rushing down yourself.

I basically try to play as lame as possible. It suits me better than rushdown.
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
  • BisonopolisBisonopolis It was Tuesday! Joined: Posts: 1,180
    There is no lame. Just smart.
    THIS IS SHADALOO. WE SELL DRUGS! - IFC Yipes
    AV by savaii64
    SSF4 - M.Bison , Vega.
  • BaikoBaiko Joined: Posts: 239
    The only context I think that qualifies as "lame" to me is playing in an overly boring manner when not necessary.
  • VictormaruVictormaru Legendary Sannin Joined: Posts: 734

The only context I think that qualifies as "lame" to me is playing in an overly boring manner when not necessary.

Exactly! Yo, where all the real Akuma players at? Seriously, why do I gotta chase all Akuma players down in Championship? He's a great character and I like him because of his insane combos and everything but I don't understand why people feel that they need do teleport away and jump-back air fireball all day. That's freakin' lame. I don't even care if I win or lose against those players but when people play that way it just makes me wonder why they're even playing the game. I mean is that strategy even fun for them? 'Cause I wouldn't be playing fighting games if there weren't any combos, which is what I like to see from Akuma.

I've never seen people play Akuma like that anywhere else but online, lol. Actually a friend of mine has just gotten into Street Fighter IV and he decided to go with Akuma. Problem is, he does the same strategy; teleport away and jump-back air fireballs all day. I don't know where he got that strategy from as I've never really played with him when he started but I'm pretty sure he learned it from some whack Akuma players online. That's wrong and I feel like it's a disgrace to Akuma because he has so much more potential.

With Dhalsim I can understand, 'cause that's how you're supposed to play with Dhalsim so that's acceptable. I've finally realized that when I tried to develop a rush-down a while ago Dhalsim but didn't really work out, lol. Akuma can rush down but you've just gotta be extra careful about it because of his low health.
    "Please don't disappoint me." - Orochimaru
  • MechaMecha Habitual Combo Dropper Joined: Posts: 388
    Exactly! Yo, where all the real Akuma players at? Seriously, why do I gotta chase all Akuma players down in Championship? He's a great character and I like him because of his insane combos and everything but I don't understand why people feel that they need do teleport away and jump-back air fireball all day. That's freakin' lame. I don't even care if I win or lose against those players but when people play that way it just makes me wonder why they're even playing the game. I mean is that strategy even fun for them? 'Cause I wouldn't be playing fighting games if there weren't any combos, which is what I like to see from Akuma.

I've never seen people play Akuma like that anywhere else but online, lol. Actually a friend of mine has just gotten into Street Fighter IV and he decided to go with Akuma. Problem is, he does the same strategy; teleport away and jump-back air fireballs all day. I don't know where he got that strategy from as I've never really played with him when he started but I'm pretty sure he learned it from some whack Akuma players online. That's wrong and I feel like it's a disgrace to Akuma because he has so much more potential.

Online play isn't any good for a character that relies on tight link combos, hence why risk a 1 frame link which will get mash-dp punished when you can do the same simple safe bullshit like jumpback fireballs and still win? If anything its the people who can't deal with simple tactics like that who are lame and don't adapt.
  • JaggerJagger Joined: Posts: 384
    Way to prove you have no understanding of what "adapting" actually is even though you just tried to use it as the basis of your own aborted point

ProTip: it's not forcing others to chase you all over the place in the hopes of bullshitting a few lag hits of your own because you don't want to put any effort into adapting
    Way to prove you have no understanding of what "adapting" actually is even though you just tried to use it as the basis of your own aborted point

ProTip: it's not forcing others to chase you all over the place in the hopes of bullshitting a few lag hits of your own because you don't want to put any effort into adapting

First off, the lack of punctuation in your nonsensical post made it difficult to comprehend what you were actually trying to say, but I'll soldier on.

In what way was my point aborted? I stand by it and I'm sure anyone with a semblance of intelligence would see where I was coming from with it, but for simpletons like yourself I'll help you out with a little anecdote.

When I first started I had no idea how to get in on people while they were using those tactics and lost matches because of it, then I realised that focusing their fireballs while dashing towards them would close the gap, as would well timed jumps, so I incorporated that into my gameplay and started getting in more and applying pressure, once I had a life lead I was happy to sit back and let them spam fireballs all round while I avoided them.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds a lot like adapting to me, but let's check out the dictionary to be sure.
    adapt
    ? ?/??dpt/ Show Spelled[uh-dapt]
    verb (used with object)
    to make suitable to requirements or conditions; adjust or modify fittingly: They adapted themselves to the change quickly. He adapted the novel for movies.
    verb (used without object)
    to adjust oneself to different conditions, environment, etc.: to adapt easily to all circumstances.

If you can't deal with simple shit like that and your reasoning behind losing to it is lag, stop playing online. I know your reasons for posting here are just down to your unhappy existence and lack of self-confidence but don't worry, I still love you man.
    Jump back fireball is an adaption avoidance strategy. You're basically saying you want to avoid engaging the enemy as hard as you can, and hope to god they don't find a way through your strategy. Momochi was actually dicking over Rufus and Zangief players with godlike runaway like a year or so ago, but well, those are pretty extreme matchups and Akuma was played differently back then.

But most jump back Akumas are incapable of dealing with different characters and any kind of footsies or mixup game, and just praying to god that they can repeat the same move until they win, because they have no concept of adapting their strategy whatsoever. It's like the scrub version of low stronging people to death.
    So many people on Ranked to the jump back air fireball while setting the timer to 30 seconds. But that's adaptation right. The bottom line is its not fun playing against 50 akumas who all do the same thing, this is Street Fighter not Street Tag.
    Dunno where the conversation got turned on its head but I was talking about people playing AGAINST jumpback fireballers having to adapt their tactics if they were losing to them, not the scrubs 'adapting' to getting their ass whooped by starting to jumpback and fireball every match.
    how did this thread start from the "lame" play-style to hating on online runaway characters anyway?

lolz but its all good.

• fogerfoger lame is good Joined: Posts: 5,661
    because people are trying to blame the game and "scrubs" on why they lose to easily defendable strategies

playing lame just means playing smart, if your opponent is going to be a retard and run into air fireballs while you run away the whole match and not punishing you, why would you bother to stop doing it
    Blaming is the name of the game and if you place blame on the game you are playing the blame game.
  • HotashiHotashi Joined: Posts: 214
    It's not really... "Lame".

It is, however, particularly irritating.
  • Dime_xDime_x Wasting time Joined: Posts: 9,220

lol i actually agree with this.

i cant really stand having to chase people down... and i play a lame ass character... chun... and another lame ass character... akuma.

i lame it up with both of them pretty well, but its NOT my default style, positional aggressiveness is my general style... i dont jump/dash forward like a raving lunatic or anything... but i DO actively try to push my opponents into the corner.

i know of alot of players who one and only way of playing is hyper defensive, ie always walking backwards all day long... shit is irritating as all fuck on sf4.

walk backwards needs to be nerfed... on the real.

airfireballing akumas are easily dealt with though... just focus that shit down till you know they expect the focus... and then jump instead... easy.

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • bearbear I shit in the woods Joined: Posts: 755
    SFIV lame is basically just not doing much anything at all cuz it's all overly risk based against the top tiers once they have meter. Lame play between the lower tiers generally has more strategic application to it but Ryu and Sagat you basically just don't need to press anything anymore once you have a health lead and they have meter. Especially since their mix up game isn't really GDLK.

Yep. This is why I stopped playing the game. When I realized laming the 2nd half of the match wasn't just an option, but in many cases, the only solid option, I dropped it. I'm not knocking the game or those who like it, but it's not really my style and makes the game both dull to watch and to play.

Fingers crossed that SSF4 will change this, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people. -Jack Handy
    Yep. This is why I stopped playing the game. When I realized laming the 2nd half of the match wasn't just an option, but in many cases, the only solid option, I dropped it. I'm not knocking the game or those who like it, but it's not really my style and makes the game both dull to watch and to play.

Fingers crossed that SSF4 will change this, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.

I recently gave it up as well for the same exact reason. I don't blame players for playing "lame" because it gets the win, I blame the makers of the game for designing it this way.
  • InverseInverse You? Destroy...me? Joined: Posts: 1,711
    Sad but true, what's funny is there were articles pointing out this flaw in SF4 since the game came out. I remember Sirlin being horribly panned for an article he did on the game that pointed out how useless meaties were due to reversals and autofacing crossup attempts. When he was seriously on the ball. Just something you got to deal with in 4 or get out sadly. Thankfully, plenty of fighters out there to switch to at the moment. The drought is gone, finally. No reason to feel compelled to stay. I do hope Super fixes a lot of this, especially seeing how blatantly offensive most of the new cast are. They almost all seem like rush down players. Looking forward to more smart and aggressive play.
    "So Ryu is looking like poop more and more?"
    ~Rockman85

"No you'll just have to actually learn how to use Ryu."
    ~Deviljin 01
    The main reason I played sf4 for so long is because there was no local comp for anything else, not even T6. Me and a friend from here recently managed to get a bunch of the locals into MBAA which has been a very nice change. I still play SF4 on occasion, hell I played in a tourney a couple weekends ago (although I didn't give a shit about my sf4 bracket so much as the mbaa bracket). I don't nessecarily HATE the game but with several other games recently released being MUCH better I don't see the point of playing it much.
  • highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,708

With Dhalsim I can understand, 'cause that's how you're supposed to play with Dhalsim so that's acceptable. I've finally realized that when I tried to develop a rush-down a while ago Dhalsim but didn't really work out, lol. Akuma can rush down but you've just gotta be extra careful about it because of his low health.

i'm all for taking risks and rushing down on akuma, but if i'm either A) fighting a gief or rufus (against rufus when the distance is closed i'll try to start my rushdown a bit. but there is no reason for me to enter his close range game if i don't have to) B) at a position in the match where getting hit once could equal a loss (60% or less hp and they have ultra and 2 bars etc.) there is not a snowballs chance in hell that i'm going to rush in to potentially give them a chance to sneak a win out from me. sorry, i'll make your ass come to me everytime if i'm low enough on health that 1 hit can kill me.

i'm not gonna play like an idiot because you might cry at the fact that you suck too bad to get in on a air fireball or 2.
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken