The Official Post your Arcade Cabinet Thread!!

Comments

• footmeetsskullfootmeetsskull River Killer Joined: Posts: 3,256
    Top notch. How did you clean them up so well?
    Started with soap and water. Then, we used a heavy duty degreaser and sanded after that before painting.
    ·
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vs cable did you make yourself? Official? I'm having Franco make me one I have one already but wanted a 6button setup.
    ·
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first contributing post to this thread. :)

Not as cool as what most of you guys have, but here's my current work-in-progress. Mostly inspired by Vewlix cabinets, as well as a hint of Naomi cabs.
    About a week or so (total time) this past August & September of brainstorming, designing, re-designing and the like; and the better part of my week off this past week cutting and building.

arcade_wip1.jpg

arcade_wip2.jpg

Still have some stuff that needs to be completed, obviously:
    - control panel
    - some sort of banner/marquee
    - closing doors for the front
    - some minor wiring of speakers, switches, etc
    Current stick: custom ABS Modular stick (LS-31-01 + PS-14-GN)
    Cabinet: custom cabinet (32" LCD, X360, JLF + PS-14-KN)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
    ·
  • mendopnhcmendopnhc Joined: Posts: 61
    I think you made a g balance clone without knowing it

20120813.jpg
    ·
    Vs cable did you make yourself? Official? I'm having Franco make me one I have one already but wanted a 6button setup.
    Official it came with the Astros.
    ·
  • TrugoyTrugoy Wants to be better at this ish.... Joined: Posts: 671 ✭✭
    I think you made a g balance clone without knowing it

um... wow.... now I want one of those !
    Dont tell my vewlix clone!
    ·
    Posted a few vids of my cabs on my YouTube in my sig. Doing a vid for my Blast City tomorrow.
    ·
  • childsremixchildsremix Joined: Posts: 33
    Posted a few vids of my cabs on my YouTube in my sig. Doing a vid for my Blast City tomorrow.

Thanks for the video! Would you ask your family how much it would cost to get a repaint done? Im considering taking an astro in to get repainted and wanted to know what I can expect to pay.
    ·
    Thanks for the video! Would you ask your family how much it would cost to get a repaint done? Im considering taking an astro in to get repainted and wanted to know what I can expect to pay.
    We use Sikkens paint which from what I understand is top tier when it comes to automotive paint. It's not cheap you are looking at probably around $1,000.
    ·
    My small arcade room vid

Will do one for Mother Russia soon...
    ·
    @rcaido call me Smuckers cuz I'm jelly!
    ·
  • BurnerAzRBurnerAzR Sol Badguy Joined: Posts: 212
    @rcaido Damn dude, I was watching your vid, I took one look at my girl and she said no! Like a hundred times Lmao. Guess one cab is my limit.... For now at least.

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk 2
    Why all the salt? It's just a game.... right?
    ·
    @rcaido Damn dude, I was watching your vid, I took one look at my girl and she said no! Like a hundred times Lmao. Guess one cab is my limit.... For now at least.

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk 2
    Lol how quick my 1 cab limit turned into 4 hahaha
    ·
  • EVAWINGZEROEVAWINGZERO Slacktivismist Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 2,223 ✭✭
    Nice vid Rcaido. I've been SUPER busy lately, working a bunch, house hunting, and house hunting.... I got some good stuff coming though, and I can't wait to get back towork on y Laptop-Cades.
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    [UMVC3 - A Button, B Button, C Button + S]
    [MK9 - Scorpion, Freddy Krueger]
    ·
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got this working over the weekend. It's functional and usable for the time being, but there's still some minor tweaks and adjustments that'll have to be made in the coming days/weeks.

arcade_complete2.jpg

More details and better pictures to come when the final features have been thrown in.
    Current stick: custom ABS Modular stick (LS-31-01 + PS-14-GN)
    Cabinet: custom cabinet (32" LCD, X360, JLF + PS-14-KN)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
    ·
  • cammy-whitecammy-white Joined: Posts: 748
    Got this working over the weekend. It's functional and usable for the time being, but there's still some minor tweaks and adjustments that'll have to be made in the coming days/weeks.

More details and better pictures to come when the final features have been thrown in.

One of the best console cabinets, I have seen in a while so clean.
    If I paid you to do mine what would be the damage?
    ·
  • Black ConvoyBlack Convoy Joined: Posts: 242 ✭✭
    We got this guy a few years back from a friend who was cleaning his garage for $50. The sticks are shot and the monitor is on it's last legs but it has the artwork and the board and coin mechanism work great. I'm considering sanding down the sides, but for sure I'm replacing the buttons/sticks with some sanwas and getting a new monitor and speakers. It'll be difficult since it's at my dad's house in Colorado. However, as soon as I get a new house, I'll give it a forever home.

001-1.jpg

006.jpg
    ·
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice pickup. Classic Dyanamo HS-5. :-)
    I love how you access the PCBs on those with the sliding board in front.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    nsc wrote: »
    Frank you're amazing, like some sort of semi-mundane super-hero who is bad ass by some deal with the devil to kill Vietnamese soldiers sheer force of will alone. Someone who punishes the evil-doers of society.
    ·
  • undamnedundamned Wake up! Time to die! Joined: Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me I still need to overhaul an old Vapor Trail I picked up a few years back on the cheap.
    -ud
    ·
  • clipse84clipse84 Joined: Posts: 123
    Pictures of my Kraylix arcade cabinet.
    DSCF0102.jpg
    DSCF0104.jpg
    DSCF0106.jpg
    DSCF0107.jpg
    DSCF0110.jpg
    Here Are Some Pictures With The Lights On.. 95% done I just need the akishop ps360+ pcb’s
    DSCF0111.jpg
    DSCF0113.jpg
    DSCF0118.jpg
    ·
  • P. GorathP. Gorath the crackdown Joined: Posts: 6,614
    We got this guy a few years back from a friend who was cleaning his garage for $50. The sticks are shot and the monitor is on it's last legs but it has the artwork and the board and coin mechanism work great. I'm considering sanding down the sides, but for sure I'm replacing the buttons/sticks with some sanwas and getting a new monitor and speakers. It'll be difficult since it's at my dad's house in Colorado. However, as soon as I get a new house, I'll give it a forever home.
    Don't put sanwas in an american cabinet, that would be silly.
    ·
  • SisqoDisqoSisqoDisqo Sign Up Date: November 1995 Joined: Posts: 376
    Don't put sanwas in an american cabinet, that would be silly.
    aside from that, routing the wood panel just to fit them in would be a bitch!
    :snkd::snka::m:N
    ·
    Finished rewiring both of my cabs and got them both up and running and cleaned up.
    IMG_20121115_180419-1.jpg

My Blast City has been running 360 since I have gotten it. My Astro has been running a 1-Slot MVS mobo with Garou/KOF.

But then........ This happened.

IMG_20121117_191741.jpg

I Finally got a nice copy of my GRAIL fighting game. I am soooo happy!

IMG_20121117_191702.jpg
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    ·
    Man, I am jealous of that Blast City. As soon as I get a decent house, my goal is to get one of those or a Versus City.

Congrats on the SSFIIX. I've seen those go for crazy amounts.
    ·
    Thanks, I paid a bit, but not too much. It's worth it, such a great game and so much better on actual CPS2.

Over the weekend, I had gone to an Arcade Auction in Georgia. I wanted another MK cab and wound getting 2 for a good price. One had been converted to Tekken 2 (Working, but needs some monitor work for sure). This one will be getting turned back to MK2. The other was an MK1 turned into a Marvel Vs. Street Fighter cab. This one needs a complete chassis rebuild, but was complete with the CPS2 game in it. I figured the game would be dead because it was probably still running it's stock battery from 96. Fast forward to last night, my cabs get dropped off and I snag the CPS board out of the cab to bring home. Plug it into the Astro and.....
    IMG_20121119_104914.jpg

I'll be replacing the battery in it this week, just to be safe. the game runs 100% It's the American version of the game too!
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    ·
    I like the MvSF japanese version more...I cant believe i sold mine awhile back, im starting to collect CPS2 fighters...All i need is Vampire Savior, MvC, & MvSF & i should have all the classics.
    ·
  • BraintrashBraintrash Joined: Posts: 41
    mini_810213IMG0670.jpg

For now, with a Naomi 2 mobo inside.
    ·
  • BernieBernie Dumb skeezers Joined: Posts: 1,799
    Anyone have some good suggestions on where I can ind some decent seats to line up well with a candy cab? I can't seem to find anything worthwhile locally in stores around me. Doesn't really need to be padded or fancy or anything like that, just something not too expensive and at a good height.
    ·
  • syingsying Just another scrub Joined: Posts: 377
    Anyone have some good suggestions on where I can ind some decent seats to line up well with a candy cab? I can't seem to find anything worthwhile locally in stores around me. Doesn't really need to be padded or fancy or anything like that, just something not too expensive and at a good height.

Sears has some adjustable black barstools, if you can deal with the Craftsman branding. They are about $40 each.
    Jacksonville Fighting Game Scene
    People / Meetup Locations / Results. Add your info in the link
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ajpv2Y7asO0HdGc1YWlFakVmbkh0aFJzbUI4XzFraGc&hl=en_US&authkey=CMju9NYO

RIVER CITY RANBATS - Level up your game / Win big prizes / Support your scene!
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sep-11-2011-river-city-ranbats-season-1-ae-mvc3-3s-mk9-jacksonville-florida.144963/
    ·
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    There's a large thread about this on Arcade Otaku you should read.
    I'd link but I'mnot in position to do so atm

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    nsc wrote: »
    Frank you're amazing, like some sort of semi-mundane super-hero who is bad ass by some deal with the devil to kill Vietnamese soldiers sheer force of will alone. Someone who punishes the evil-doers of society.
    ·
  • BernieBernie Dumb skeezers Joined: Posts: 1,799
    FrankCastleAZ: I think I found what you're talking about but that's a bit too fancy for what I'm looking for. Plus they're in UK, which doesn't help me - I'm in the southwest U.S.

sying: I'll check those out. Probably too high for my candy cabs but it may be good for the American woody style I just picked up. Thanks.
    ·
  • emphaticemphatic Joined: Posts: 447 ✭✭✭

Get some "Jeff" from Ikea. They are cheap, and have back support for longer gaming sessions.
    I love shmups and never play fighting games.
    Here's my Guwange stick: http://www.emphatic.se/?p=197
    ·
  • Donovan GuilfoyleDonovan Guilfoyle aka dondon4720 Joined: Posts: 74
    i would love t get a candy or a viewlix but i live in ohio and shipping is expensive (also college does not help in the money being available)
    ·
  • x24x24 Eiffel Tower! Joined: Posts: 256
    Get some "Jeff" from Ikea. They are cheap, and have back support for longer gaming sessions.

I have and use the same ones, although it can feel a bit flimsy. get chair pads while you're at it.
    ·
  • obertorobertor Joined: Posts: 310
    Great cabinets!

A quick question, does anyone know what the wait time is currently on a "Kraylix" cab?
    ·
  • x24x24 Eiffel Tower! Joined: Posts: 256
    snip

I like how clean you have it on the inside. You should probably go further and front-mount that mini amp so you can control your volume without reaching in.
    ·
    Just got this beast in the game room..... My back is killing me! Traded a friend a cab for this.
    IMG_20130201_230021_zps94207236.jpg
    Not a Tekken fan at all, but I got some X Tekken running in it!
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    ·
    Always did like the way the Tekken 5 cabs looked. The arcade I used to go to always had a problem with the card solenoid. (IE People throwing tokens inside of it)
    ·
    I always thought Tekken cabs were standup, is this custom made?
    ·
    The dedicated Tekken 5 cabs are adjustable. They can go from standing to sitting. Pretty damn awesome.
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    ·
    Is it easy to switch from sit-down to stand-up? Is it Tri-sync? The thing I didn't care for was the monitor bezel was grey. Felt like someone Mounted an old TV t an awesome cab.
    ·
    I agree, I'm thinking about spraying it Flat Black, to match the rest of the cab, but I may eventually sell/trade it so I'm not sure.

It takes 2 people to raise or lower it based on the weight of everything. One person to lift, the other to add the bolts/risers.

This monitor is VGA only, not Tri Sync. Perfect for my 360 games!
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    ·
    edited February 2013
    Found an effing GEM in a small Alabama arcade......Got it for a sweet deal too....

]
    Post edited by EVAWINGZERO on
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    ·
    Hmmm Images seem to not be working..... Anyways, I found a really nice capcom Impress cab in an Alabama arcade. Got it for a great price too.

IMG_20130211_172558_zpsf7faac13.jpg
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    ·
  • akthamaktham Big Boss Joined: Posts: 452
    Which 32 inch display are you guys using in your Vewlix clone? It's impossible to find the L32X1 :(
    ·
  • KyleKyle PS-14-Gangsta Joined: Posts: 4,722 mod
    Turning a candy cab into a deer hunting game is an abomination.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

Replacement Themes for Enhanced Browsing Pleasure
    ·
    It really was.... Glad I am turning it back to a CPS2 cab.
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    ·
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex HARDBody Joined: Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭
    Anyone here ever try one of those jamma to vga converters? IMO we are at the point where every arcade collector is hoarding shit. Can't track down a large monitor at all.
    ·
    Not sure where you're located Pablo, but the community in FL has helped me find most things I've needed, including 29" Monitors.

Maybe you have a local collector community you can look into?
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    ·