The Official Post your Arcade Cabinet Thread!!

Comments

• Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex HARDBody Joined: Posts: 7,495 ✭✭✭
    Not sure where you're located Pablo, but the community in FL has helped me find most things I've needed, including 29" Monitors.

Maybe you have a local collector community you can look into?
    We are kinda spread out over here in WA.  Most other peeps are too busy hoarding. Understandably of course.  
    ·
  • heczhecz AboveDaInfluence24/7 Joined: Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭
    does anybody have the plans for the vewlix cab control panel?
    twitch.tv/xheczx
    My mods: http://xheczx.deviantart.com/
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
    ·
  • BernieBernie Dumb skeezers Joined: Posts: 1,799
    Anyone here ever try one of those jamma to vga converters? IMO we are at the point where every arcade collector is hoarding shit. Can't track down a large monitor at all.
    I have one that I'm using to split the signal from my cab to an extra monitor. It's good and was pretty cheap too (around $40 or so). It's a decent option if you can't find a suitable monitor. If you come to Evo, you'll probably see it in action as I'm planning on bringing a "spectator" monitor for the ST event.
    ·
  • jmanDMCjmanDMC Focusattack.com Joined: Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Hi all, Hopefully it's okay to post here. Since this is the main SRK thread to showcase arcade cabs, I wanted to mention that focusattack.com is holding a new photo contest called "Snapback". Each month, players and builders can submit a photo of their joystick or arcade cabinet for a chance to win a $50 store gift certificate. Community members and around the net can vote their favorite photos, plus share them on Facebook and Twitter to encourage others to vote. In December, we'll showcase the 10 previous monthly winners for a final vote. The top winner gets a $250 store gift certificate! Hope you'll check it out: http://bit.ly/fa-snapback Vote on photos: http://bit.ly/fa-snapback-vote

Post edited by jmanDMC on
    Join the FA.R Rewards Program! Earn, share, and redeem chips to save nearly every day! http://bit.ly/fa-rewards
    Get the KOWAL™ 1mm oversize actuator. Find out why hundreds of players have so far. bit.ly/fa-sizematters
    Have questions? Get answers by our Tech Talk member support team and knowledgebase http://support.focusattack.com
    ·
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex HARDBody Joined: Posts: 7,495 ✭✭✭
    Bernie said:
    Anyone here ever try one of those jamma to vga converters? IMO we are at the point where every arcade collector is hoarding shit. Can't track down a large monitor at all.
    I have one that I'm using to split the signal from my cab to an extra monitor. It's good and was pretty cheap too (around $40 or so). It's a decent option if you can't find a suitable monitor. If you come to Evo, you'll probably see it in action as I'm planning on bringing a "spectator" monitor for the ST event.
    Good look son.  Any idea of what kind of lag it has (if any)?
    ·
    No idea about any lag as I'm using the cabinet's monitor as my primary device. The VGA feed is there for spectators. Any lag is probably negligible tho since there are a lot of superguns that use these things but I can't prove anything without proper testing.
    ·
  • EVAWINGZEROEVAWINGZERO Slacktivismist Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 2,223 ✭✭
    ^Lookin good man. I'm still working on getting the Impress up and running!
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    [UMVC3 - A Button, B Button, C Button + S]
    [MK9 - Scorpion, Freddy Krueger]
    ·
  • EVAWINGZEROEVAWINGZERO Slacktivismist Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 2,223 ✭✭
    Got it up and running today! I had to repin everything! 3 hours of mapping,pinning, and rewiring and we have this!
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    [UMVC3 - A Button, B Button, C Button + S]
    [MK9 - Scorpion, Freddy Krueger]
    ·
  • DKMettalDKMettal Joined: Posts: 16
    like these candy cabs.
    I just own a TV-Ideal build in Germany. this was a Poker-maschine an i rebuild it with a 2-slu NeoGeo MVS
    318086_501268126591412_1125601624_n.jpg
    Sorry for the bad cellphone picture.
    And here is a better youtube Video:
    ·
  • ProGearSpecProGearSpec Joined: Posts: 8
    Ooh.... Can I play?

·
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 7,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Those Neo looks so professional. I want one or two!

Ended up getting a new cab(standup Net City) so now i have to re-arrange my gameroom & garage arcade.

New family member
    2013-04-17095956_zps29fbba8a.jpg

So now i have standup vertical & standup horizontal!
    2013-03-22014617_zps351db5ca.jpg
    Post edited by rcaido on
    ·
  • STEZO_ONESTEZO_ONE FLUSH TOWN Joined: Posts: 354 ✭✭✭
    rcaido wrote: »
    Those Neo looks so professional. I want one or two!

Ended up getting a new cab(standup Net City) so now i have to re-arrange my gameroom & garage arcade.

New family member
    2013-04-17095956_zps29fbba8a.jpg

So now i have standup vertical & standup horizontal!
    2013-03-22014617_zps351db5ca.jpg

Nice. Glad you got that second net city. The guy wouldn't ship it to me but I'm glad someone from Srk picked up. At least I know it will be fixed up well. I'll eventually get a net city one day! One of my favorite cabs.
    ·
    edited May 2013
    Anyone know where I can buy some replacement nuts+bolts that fit for Sega-style control panels, and also some similar hardware parts for candy cabs? Specifically for Astro City cabs if possible. The last time the cabs were moved I lost some parts that held the back panels of the machine together, along with a few bolts on the control panels.

edit: I found the control panel carriage bolts at akihabarashop.jp. Not sure what to do about the bolts/screws/whatever to put together the other areas of the cab. Any alternative suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Post edited by Bernie on
    ·

Quick Vid of the Fiance' playing the SF2 Pin. Got all the playfield LED's running. Decided i'm going to do the Remote battery mod, refinish the entire cab, and do under cab LED lighting. Gonna be sick! Next step will be working on getting the Brand New DMD working. Soldering Hoooooo!

Yo Evawingzero, im planning to add some LEDs but i never done them before. Where did you buy yours at? How many did you use & what color?
    ·
  • HokutoHokuto Eat it raw Joined: Posts: 14
    Hey everyone, I stumbled upon this thread by Google's bidding and I just remembered that I have a SRK account so might as well post here.
    Turns out I'm about to score this Capcom Impress, for 275 bucks:
    2937oqp.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality, you can see that the monitor looks wonderful and so is the cab itself. It just has a couple of cosmetic details such a small crack at the very bottom (between the main door and the coin tray door), a missing coin return bezel, and a poorly made coin slot which was screwed over the original one (to fit our coins' size).
    The Optional Border panel is dirty as hell though, I'm suspecting it can be just grime and dirt from over the years, but up close it can be anything lol. Also, the panel has been disgraced by those damned screws that come with the Happ sticks (welcome to Mexico, where every cabinet has KOF and Happ parts). At least the owner was decent enough to leave the layout as it was originally, just replaced the buttons with cheaper knockoffs. It still has the Q Sound amp intact as well as the kick harness though, which helped seal the deal.
    Is the panel still fit for Sanwa joysticks like that? I'm suspecting I will have to leave the Happ screws there otherwise the panel would look all holed up... Anyway, any suggestions on making that Impress look as new will be appreciated, and I will take more pictures once I have it in my power. Thanks!
    Fly to the Leaden Sky
    ·
    Probably can remove the happ stick & put sanwas...I think you can put bondo on the happ holes then smooth it out by sanding it...Then buy a replica control panel overlay. $275 is a crazy good deal.
    ·
  • Lemony VengeanceLemony Vengeance JAMMA pad hacker Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Time for a new contender!

WP_20130601_008_zps58ed7622.jpg

I'll be getting a NOIR clone in about a week.
    THE Crossbone install tutorial. Now available on my MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Ask me about my Consolized Naomi!
    ·
  • TrugoyTrugoy Wants to be better at this ish.... Joined: Posts: 672 ✭✭
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Scored a sf2 cab locally this past week.
    1sdp1t.jpg

And then this also came in...
    8ydqhk.jpg

EDIT: WHY DOES IT KEEP ROTATING THE PIC??
    Post edited by Foolinfection on
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

·
  • HokutoHokuto Eat it raw Joined: Posts: 14
    So I finally scored the Impress and it's currently under some heavy cleaning, I'll post pics once I get it decent enough for pics. That gooey stuff underneath the Optional Border was a tough son of a bitch to clean up, but it eventually came off.
    By the way, any kind soul that can take a high res scan/pic of the 100Y sticker on the Impress? Mine doesn't have one unfortunately and I'm willing to make a nice print out... if I can get the scan/pic first of course.
    Fly to the Leaden Sky
    ·
  • STREEXSTREEX Joined: Posts: 80
    Update on my stools.

2012-05-10002403.jpg

I really want a pair of those stools can you link me to where I can purchase some. Thanks.

·
    Just to let you know, they aren't exactly the most comfortable. They are bit small if you have a big booty like me. Cool thing is that its also a storage stool, you can lift the padding & then store stuff...

http://www.amazon.com/Fiberglass-Stool-Storage-Finish-White/dp/B006X39U4A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375344433&sr=8-1&keywords=fiberglass+stool

Then buy yourself a vinyl sega sticker or capcom.
    ·
  • STREEXSTREEX Joined: Posts: 80
    Just to let you know, they aren't exactly the most comfortable. They are bit small if you have a big booty like me. Cool thing is that its also a storage stool, you can lift the padding & then store stuff...

http://www.amazon.com/Fiberglass-Stool-Storage-Finish-White/dp/B006X39U4A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375344433&sr=8-1&keywords=fiberglass+stool

Then buy yourself a vinyl sega sticker or capcom.

Yea they dont look too comfy but they look perfect with the cabs.... Thanks for the link.

·
  • Lemony VengeanceLemony Vengeance JAMMA pad hacker Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Chempop wrote: »
    They still need a little work, but they are functional.

9019166480_6ef046ba3a_c.jpg

Looking good, chem!
    THE Crossbone install tutorial. Now available on my MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Ask me about my Consolized Naomi!
    ·
  • eczangiefeczangief GOD OF 1-HANDED ROM Joined: Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭
    sexy
    I can't believe I'm Magnetro.
    ·
  • T-MattT-Matt Joined: Posts: 14
    Ooh.... Can I play?
    Whoa, those are super rad! Would love a bartop.

·
  • c0ldzcc0ldzc Joined: Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    c0ldzc wrote: »
    We are building a new control panel with sanwa clear buttons for our homemade cab:)
    Here is a test run with mdf, to see if everything is ok.

bruzr.jpg
    bruzr2.jpg

New control panel installed.

bruzr.jpg

And the room looks nicer too:)

Post edited by c0ldzc on
    ·
    Looks great man! How's the lag on those 32"?
    ·
  • Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    What's the name of that ikea desk?
    "Street Fighting's my communication!"
    ·
  • akthamaktham Big Boss Joined: Posts: 453
    Looks great man! How's the lag on those 32"?

Thanks man. Your suggestion for the splitter made my life easier. The monitor I'm using for both cabs is the Samsung UN32D4003. I set the XBOX to 720P .I measured the lag at 18-19ms (Just about 1 frame like the EVO monitor) .

·
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Proud Shoryuken.com member since 2003 Joined: Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the only thread on SRK that fills me with jelly.
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ·
  • JayduckyJayducky Stupid Questions---> Joined: Posts: 671 ✭✭
    I'm not sure what the name of the desk is but they were discontinued a few years ago.... :(
    Step 1: Put a hole in the box.
    ·
  • Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    Jayducky wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the name of the desk is but they were discontinued a few years ago.... :(

Too bad! Thanks for letting me down easy. :)

"Street Fighting's my communication!"
    ·
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

It's called (pause) JERKER
    ·
  • emphaticemphatic Joined: Posts: 451 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    jonyfraze wrote: »

It's called (pause) JERKER

Jerker is a common man's name i Sweden. Funny they didn't use something else internationally. I've owned one of those btw, really great desk.
    Post edited by emphatic on
    I love shmups and never play fighting games.
    Here's my Guwange stick: http://www.emphatic.se/?p=197
    ·
  • Coal TreighnCoal Treighn Joined: Posts: 221
    These cabs are all awesome, and I'll post mine once I'm finally done touching it up. Couple of quick questions for those in the thread.
    1) My cabinet has a bit of yellowing, any idea how to get it off? Or do I have to go the paint route?
    2) Anyone have a spare, or know of anyone selling an Egret 2 CP that is for 2 joysticks with 6 buttons on each side? Mine currently has 4 and If I were to drill it, it wouldn't come out right.

Thanks!
    ·
    1) Try searching about Retrobrite
    2) Someone just sold one on Neo-geo, these are very hard to find. There are alternatives however, you can get an Egret 3, they are the same shape & are easier to find or you can order a repro panel & then buy a repro CPO Egret 2.

http://www.starcab.net/product_info.php?cPath=219_217&products_id=828
    Its currently out of stock but just keep on checking them. I got an AWSD one & turned pretty good but mine was 7 buttons.
    2012-07-09232839.jpg
    ·
    That toilet look sick, you should install that on all the candy cabs. Great job in your game room & very sweet candy cabs bro, conrats on the dream!
    ·
  • RugdoctorRugdoctor Joined: Posts: 174
    Lol...probably wont go well with the district council. Its only a small part of my life. Usually play for 2 hours from 8:30 onwards. Really hope to get my daughters to play with me but my asian wife is pretty anti-games.
    ·
    My asian wife used to play games alll the time but she just stopped w/ work & 3 kids haha. She got pretty mad when i sold the Neo-Geo Puzzle Bobble cab. My oldest likes to play too much so we limit her gaming time. I try to make her main Gief but she no like.
    ·