The Official Post your Arcade Cabinet Thread!!

Comments

• SGGG2SGGG2 Joined: Posts: 136
    EVAWINGZERO, any updates to share with us on the Xtension cabinet project?
  • EVAWINGZEROEVAWINGZERO Slacktivismist Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 2,229
    I got my monitor mounted, Speakers Run, and Subwoofer installed. I haven't had time to Route out the spare panel for the TE panels yet. I've been working on other cabs / projects :(

Soon though! It's totally usable right now, just gotta use your own sticks!
    [TMNTTF - Leonardo]
    [Donkey Kong - Jumpman]
    [UMVC3 - A Button, B Button, C Button + S]
    [MK9 - Scorpion, Freddy Krueger]
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    Updates on the revitalization of my 3 Blast City cabs. As previously mentioned, I'm going stock for just about everything.

New CPOs via Jasen's Customs applied and all buttons and sticks via Paradise Arcade Shop installed.

Photos of control panels wired and on machine coming soon.

BCCPOGraphics03.jpg

SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
  • armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,826
    NICE!!!! I just picked up 8 Candy Cabs.... OMFG, pictures to come soon

www.paradisearcadeshop.com Sanwa, Seimitsu and a ton of custom parts
    2015 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, OBS-MX buttons
    2014 Tech Talk Stick Mod of the Year, LVT3 TE2
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ^ thats some gangster shit :sunglasses:
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• deseradadeserada Joined: Posts: 564
    SNAAAAKE wrote: »
    Yeah, I was gonna say. Who died?

• armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,826
    deserada wrote: »
    SNAAAAKE wrote: »
    Yeah, I was gonna say. Who died?
    Arcade Shut down... I missed a SF4, HOD4, and three more candy's
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,414
    armi0024 wrote: »
    NICE!!!! I just picked up 8 Candy Cabs.... OMFG, pictures to come soon

So you're the one who got all of them...My buddy was trying to get just one. Are you planning to keep all of them or resell?
  • Mitri MFMitri MF Joined: Posts: 433
    So which arcade died?
  • undamnedundamned Wake up! Time to die! Joined: Posts: 1,686
    rcaido wrote: »
    So you're the one who got all of them...
    Apparently not:
    I missed a SF4, HOD4, and three more candy's
    -ud
    I got the ones not for sale originally :) the rest were picked up by a guy who had a rough night. I am chatting with someone here, definitely not keeping all.
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    ^ PHOTOS NOW!!!!!! please
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,521
    Too bad pretty much all the arcades in my city closed down ~10+ years ago.
    As far as anyone knows, there's really only ONE arcade left in the city, and the only thing worthwhile in there is a single Namco Noir cab, running Tekken-something-or-other. Everything else in there are music/rhythm and racing games. Oh, save for a 4-player SF4 Vanilla setup with oddly spaced American buttons.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
    ^ PHOTOS NOW!!!!!! please
    Work now, Pics tonight, I promise, I have enough cabs, arcade I'm minnesota this summer?

• xenwallxenwall Joined: Posts: 123
    As far as anyone knows, there's really only ONE arcade left in the city, and the only thing worthwhile in there is a single Namco Noir cab, running Tekken-something-or-other. Everything else in there are music/rhythm and racing games. Oh, save for a 4-player SF4 Vanilla setup with oddly spaced American buttons.

I don't even know what a 4-player SF4 setup would look like. Are you talking about a pair of machines?
    I play hitbox so I can mash buttons while I'm mashing buttons.
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,521
    edited January 2015
    xenwall wrote: »

I don't even know what a 4-player SF4 setup would look like. Are you talking about a pair of machines?

Actually, it's more like 4x single-player setups, if I remember correctly.
    I'm not sure how it's rigged up (never looked into setting up a Taito Type X2), but it's set up in a way that anyone who joins in on any of the machines can challenge anyone else who's already playing, or start their own single-player mode.
    Someone else can probably provide more input on this one.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,811
    xenwall wrote: »

Actually, it's more like 4x single-player setups, if I remember correctly.
    I'm not sure how it's rigged up (never looked into setting up a Taito Type X2), but it's set up in a way that anyone who joins in on any of the machines can challenge anyone else who's already playing, or start their own single-player mode.
    Someone else can probably provide more input on this one.
    As the Taito Type X2 is a embedded Windows XP Machine I would assume it probably a local intranet, works sort of like Online on the console version
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,414
    I got the ones not for sale originally :) the rest were picked up by a guy who had a rough night. I am chatting with someone here, definitely not keeping all.

Alright, if you're planning to sell it let me know as my friend maybe interested. He's a great guy that did a lot for the FGC community in my area & just moved back to Hawaii.
    edited January 2015
    Here's the real question; who has to die in order for [me] to get a candy cab?
    I'll probably make one (read: I will make one) before I can afford to think about shipping one of those beasts.
    Ok here's the start, more pics coming soon: (sorry my flash was not working)
    10933981_854530754607813_3406885683472706741_n.jpg
    two more... look one is hiding! :smiley:
    10312540_854530741274481_610141826378125001_n.jpg
    Two at a time... Fit like a glove
    10929896_854530797941142_738172824711463305_n.jpg
    And two showcases met their end :cry:
    20150114_170644.jpg

edited January 2015
    Correct me if I'm wrong here:
    -Super Neo 29 Type II (and how many? 6?)
    -Namco Cyber Lead (at least 2) (vanilla or model 2?)

Anywho, nice haul dude!
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,972 mod
    All I want to know, is how many trips did it take to get all of that to your place.
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 863
    I want that BB Hood shirt and Muscle Bomber poster.
    Careful with that blacklight, UV will yellow most plastics.

I'd mount it further away, at least.

Cool setup.
  • eczangiefeczangief GOD OF 1-HANDED ROM Joined: Posts: 1,877
    deserada wrote: »
    Careful with that blacklight, UV will yellow most plastics.

I'd mount it further away, at least.

Cool setup.

Haha, thanks, but the cabinets already are stained with nicotine and/or sunlight pretty good from their arcade days.
    rjmajor323 wrote: »
    Just got my Egret this month
    nTrTATqh.jpg
    gbiblKKh.jpg
    lvsQOLph.jpg
    Wud2XVgh.jpg

And video: youtu.be/aH1WxUiO_-o

Nice man, welcome to the club. If you have any questions about E2's I might be able to help.

Also a lot of cabs had rotate features, usually as factory options-- Capcom Q25, Taito Canary, Taito MT-8, Namco Exceleena 2 and Tecmo Kyotaro all had them.

The Egret 2's was a universal feature so that's why its so widely known.
    I can't believe I'm Magnetro.
  • rjmajor323rjmajor323 Guitar God Joined: Posts: 44
    eczangief wrote: »

Nice man, welcome to the club. If you have any questions about E2's I might be able to help.

Also a lot of cabs had rotate features, usually as factory options-- Capcom Q25, Taito Canary, Taito MT-8, Namco Exceleena 2 and Tecmo Kyotaro all had them.

The Egret 2's was a universal feature so that's why its so widely known.

Damn, well I'm all new to this. Always wanted one, specifically a Blast City but this one came up on Craigslist and a jumped with both feet. He has a Pony IV he might be selling me next week as well. I think ill need to know more about that one since it seems to have a lot less documentation on the web in general. Thanks though, if I have any questions ill definitely hit you up. So far so good. Just picking out new button colors for it now, these all need to be replaced.
  • delti90delti90 Joined: Posts: 38
    I guess I might as well throw mine up in here:

NlGwkpK.jpg
    CiHmFvS.jpg
    PqHjt77.jpg

I also have a couple of pinball machines
    0hCnrMN.jpg
    UtdmDc1.jpg
    delti90 wrote: »

NlGwkpK.jpg

Im determined to find one of these someday soon.
    edited February 2015
    rjmajor323 wrote: »

Im determined to find one of these someday soon.

It's great! If you're on the east coast Jasen Hicks is selling one.

It's great! If you're on the east coast @Jasen Hicks is selling one.

Unfortunately not, I'm in SoCal. Oh well, I'm sure one will show up somewhere.
    SOCAL!!!

You have no excuses. Socal is candy cab heaven! You'll find one.. just keep your eyes peeled man.
    lol I skipped on a few for the past few years, I just need to bite the bullet when I see one
    ya bro. I already am jealous of the cabs you will have a year from now :'(
    Love those speaker grills
    I love that AF!!!

I lucked out with it too. It looks brand new, definitely one of the best pins ever.
    I love that AF!!!

I lucked out with it too. It looks brand new, definitely one of the best pins ever.
    Agreed, here's a fun one of my son at 2 playing TZ

RIGHTEOUS!

I rue the day my wallet has to deal with the pinball bug.