The Official Post your Arcade Cabinet Thread!!

Comments

• TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,670
    Power rack, rubber plates and floor!? I'm in love
  • VPCopVPCop Joined: Posts: 11
    Wow, that is impressive! What do you do for a living MK Source? Has to be gaming related to have a collection like that. I have three cabs myself. Slowly but surely growing the collection.
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,455
    Holy shit man, that's a giant collection.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,417
    i really cant wait to one day have a place to put all my cabs. Awesome collection!
  • YourMKArcadeSourceYourMKArcadeSource Joined: Posts: 39
    Thanks guys! VBCop, I work in Aviation. I'm an Avionics Mod Tech.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,148
    IMG_7431.jpg

IMG_7432.jpg

IMG_7433.jpg

IMG_7434.jpg

These are all nice. Do you have Shinobi? I thought you had MKX in a cab as well...
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,252
    Which ASUS monitor did you use for this cab?
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 552
    jopamo wrote: »
    Which ASUS monitor did you use for this cab?
    VH238H it's basically an updated version of the original "evo" monitor. LED panel instead of LCD.
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
  • Angelus9151Angelus9151 Joined: Posts: 1
    20170405_174305_zpswcaw5wyf.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
    This my first homemade build. Next one will be better this one plays mame,Atari to Nintendo 64
  • SpaceGodSpaceGod Joined: Posts: 54
    I got 2 arcade showcase cabinets a few months ago for $300 one with virtua fighter 4 and empty tekken 3 cabinet that I still need to pickup. I donated the the virtua fighter(red one) to my local arcade. I might just donate the other one too because its alot of cabinet and my dorm room isn't that big

https://goo.gl/photos/kmY5B9nBXy2GjYjh8
  • NeoHybodusNeoHybodus Joined: Posts: 8
    edited June 3
    My latest arcade pedestal build:
    5AcwGyT.jpg

It will eventually have a 70" tv wall mounted behind it.
  • NeoHybodusNeoHybodus Joined: Posts: 8
    Also, my home arcade...
    0Qax59y.jpg
    PC and Raspberry Pi inside
    Karate Kid figures FTW!
  • FreudlosPsyDFreudlosPsyD Joined: Posts: 32
    The first thing that I've noticed was the seamless transition between the control panel and the false front for the display/speakers; almost like the Corian products in those interior glamour magazines.
    Elegant, space-saving solution; pretty nice. How did you assemble the parts - contact cement?
  • ericleroiericleroi Joined: Posts: 529
    The_Dipkid wrote: »
    My wall mounted cab, made w PVC:
    Drew it in illustrator & cutted it w a cnc table Bended the curved part with a heat gun. It runs a Raspberry Pi 3B w AM.

Amazing!

• The_DipkidThe_Dipkid Joined: Posts: 8
    edited June 11
    @FreudlosPsyD , yeah it is seamless. The front, from the marquee down to the button parts was cut in one piece, I then molded/bented it with a heat gun and put pressure on it, let it cool down and stiff. I put a backlit vinyl behind the speaker curves/holes to keep the theme white. There are some generic pc speakers inside. Evertything is assembled from the inside, hidden. LOTS of glue / Mac10 paste.
    Post edited by The_Dipkid on
    The_Dipkid wrote: »
    Technically this isnt a cabinet, so feel free to delete if against rules. But my latest build sorta lands somewhere inbetween a cab & a fighstick: Raspberry Pie 3B, Retropie w AM:

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Everything looks sweet until you open it up. The screen is way too small & button layout is just weird. You should use one of those quick release JLF. That way you can put a bigger screen. Do you have a blog on how you did it?
    rcaido wrote: »
    Everything looks sweet until you open it up. The screen is way too small & button layout is just weird

No, please don't hold back...
    Tell us how you REALLY feel :wink:
  • ProgressiveBalanceProgressiveBalance Lili - Heihachi - Akuma - Evil Ryu - Wolverine - Zero - Scorpion - Baiken - Mitsurugi Joined: Posts: 242
    @The_Dipkid I quite like it. But why did you choose that button layout? did you drill the holes into the plexi upside down?
    @ProgressiveBalance Its based on the Hori V3 layout, (with like a 2-3 degree angle adjustment), it never occured to me that it was a super weird layout?
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,521
    @The_Dipkid
    Can you take a pic of the controls directly from the top? Maybe it's the camera and angle that's distorting it, but to chime in a bit, the button layout looks too angled and too spaced out (ie, the buttons are too far from each other). The "Hori V3" (you'll have to be more specific; not sure if you're taking about the Hori RAP V3, or the Hori FS V3) uses a standard Vewlix layout (or close), hence the "V" designation; it's just that, from the pics shown, it doesn't look like a standard Vewlix layout on your controls.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
    edited July 7
    @FreedomGundam I meant the old ps3 hori v3 fight stick. I think thats what its name was. And youre probably right, i have made so many changes on my illustrator plans thru my different projects, its likely i spaced out the buttons at some time. Dosent matter to me though, can snap a pic when im home from vacation.
  • Half-RoHalf-Ro Omae wa mo shinderu.... Joined: Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I can finally contribute to this thread! Its a prefab but I did make a custom CP. :)

42mDalK.jpg
    edited July 22
    What's the size on that monitor?
    Post edited by jopamo on
  • Half-RoHalf-Ro Omae wa mo shinderu.... Joined: Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

ASUS 32" 1440p

Was just looking for a 32" monitor, low input lag (of course), VGA input to run DC if I wanted too. That's really it lol.

Wow. I didn't know ASUS even made 1440p monitors in that size. Nice!
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,148
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    8xDNfy6.jpg

mini 3s themed cab i built for a buddy this past fall. mix of american and candy cab styles. running a Raspi3 + recalbox.

Did you mod it in order to allow Shin Gouki and Gill if it's an arcade board?
    It's a Raspberry Pi running games on a version Final Burn Alpha on Recalbox OS.
    Liono that's awesome man! Really like that bench.

I added poster frames to my arcade garage...
    20170331_204525_zps66camqut.jpg

edited July 24
    Bzzt! Photobucket done screwed ya. We see nothing, @rcaido

I recommend imgur