Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

The Official Post your Arcade Cabinet Thread!!

Comments

• jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,442
    Yup. Glorious!
  • gigabytegigabyte Joined: Posts: 631
    oh wow that is incredible
  • GigazordGigazord Psycho Powered Joined: Posts: 781
    edited July 2017
    Got this Neo Geo SCB-U4 about 6 months back or so. Still need to do some work on it. Unfortunately the CPO is damaged and will prob be impossible to replace and I fon't habe the key to the monitor door but she works fine and Im going to replace the buttons/stick soon

IMG_6590.jpg
    New Episode: The Power of the Supreme Ruler to Destroy a Ruler. Zerochaku! Danzaiver. -Entry of Magician Alty Al-Lazel-
    I came. Thanks for that.
  • taxidriver6taxidriver6 Joined: Posts: 8
    Nice cab, jonyfraze! 2 questions for you please:

-Does it come in white?

-How are the button placements? Read reviews on Reddit where folks said the buttons were too far apart and made gameplay uncomfortable. What's been your feelings on this?

Thanks.
  • TastyWhiffTastyWhiff Joined: Posts: 29
    Awesome.
  • BlocksWithFaceBlocksWithFace Joined: Posts: 22
    Rugdoctor wrote: »
    Hi All...

My friend and I took some photos of my updated room

Enjoy~

Wholly crap! :o :o :o <3

• FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,628
    @rjmajor323
    Very impressive!
    I wish my basement was big enough to do like you, but alas no. So I only have space for my custom cabinet and my big-screen setup for modern consoles, and no room to display my entire collection of older stuff.
    Extra props for the Kamen Rider Baron Banaspear box peeking out from the back (huge Gaim fan here). :)
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
    @rjmajor323
    I only have space for my custom cabinet

I wish. "Space?" What's that?
  • rjmajor323rjmajor323 Guitar God Joined: Posts: 47
    @rjmajor323
    Very impressive!
    I wish my basement was big enough to do like you, but alas no. So I only have space for my custom cabinet and my big-screen setup for modern consoles, and no room to display my entire collection of older stuff.
    Extra props for the Kamen Rider Baron Banaspear box peeking out from the back (huge Gaim fan here). :)

lol thank you, admittedly I only have the Banaspear and the lock because it says "Banana!" which cracks me up
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 560
    Nice cab, jonyfraze! 2 questions for you please:

-Does it come in white?

-How are the button placements? Read reviews on Reddit where folks said the buttons were too far apart and made gameplay uncomfortable. What's been your feelings on this?

Thanks.

no its only in black unless you want to add custom white vinyl artwork. button layout is actually pretty good. standard vewlix layouts. enough space for 2 people. i thought i was gonna hate the mounting screws for the joysticks however they dont bother me during gameplay. im pretty happy with the purchase so far!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
  • AVCAVC always learning Joined: Posts: 410
    edited December 2017
    I always wanted my own Arcade Cab (Japanese style) and now that i do i can finally post mine in this thread that i stalked for a few years now lolololol. Heres my little humble set up a custom built Vewlix cabinet design by Kraylix. I bought from a friend a few months back for my birthday. It had some marks on the control panel but i took care of that with some Car Paint, came out good. I love this thing so much but its still a work in progress. I want to fix the control panel art work for the 2nd player side it's slightly off. I want to thank Snaaaaaake and Ben Fong for helping a brother out love you guys.
    has 2 universal brooks fighting pcb
    will post more pics soon. Damn i need to clean my room lol
    25188365_2200759979950298_1492138811_n.jpg?oh=9ad3b62ce0fa923836735e2471d64811&oe=5A39C0B2
    Old Pics
    22384932_2109063439119953_1366052489_n.jpg?oh=8bd197c0f9e80e97964bc2f20f569e88&oe=5A3AA2AE
    22385333_2109063345786629_2122432762_n.jpg?oh=598706293a9f6615968fcf179dcfdfb4&oe=5A3AAC04
    New Pics
    25463570_2207965022563127_34794592_n.jpg?oh=19283391cdab92c805c02f974fb8280f&oe=5A3A93C0
    25465705_2207965179229778_464540598_n.jpg?oh=a52fa2f7ff2d6ee0f58007bb5790b2a0&oe=5A3AE222

• dela04dela04 Joined: Posts: 29
    @rjmajor323
    That is a great game room. I'm currently in a move and hope to put together a game room just a fraction as dope as yours.

@AVC
    That is a beautiful cabinet. Congrats. I hope to have a cabinet like that one day. I'm still in the thread stalking stage.
    @dela04 Thank you for the nice compliments am sure if you really want one and have enough patients you will have one and get out of the stalking stages like i did. Best advice i can offer is have money saved away because these deals come out of left field. the Last thing you want is to come across an awesome deal and have no play money to get it. Good Luck mayne and Happy Holidays

@hursit Wow amazing work dude. i love it your craftsmanship is amazing really it is, mdf looks and feels solid. one of my favorites and best i seen so far and i seen a lot how did you get the marquee and and control panel to look like that i would love to do one for my cabinet but in gray/silver and black, as i need to get new pixie glass for both. and what software is that with all the games and where can i get one ? i have no tech skills when it comes to photoshop i dont even own it smh.

• hursithursit Joined: Posts: 3
    AVC wrote: »
    @hursit Wow amazing work dude. i love it your craftsmanship is amazing really it is, mdf looks and feels solid. one of my favorites and best i seen so far and i seen a lot how did you get the marquee and and control panel to look like that i would love to do one for my cabinet but in gray/silver and black, as i need to get new pixie glass for both. and what software is that with all the games and where can i get one ? i have no tech skills when it comes to photoshop i dont even own it smh.

Thank you...
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,474
    Added a Virtua Pinball & mounted a 4k monitor on the 4 player hyperspin cab
    Bbw5Y83h.jpg

jdQ6j4Dh.jpg

UOVUfK3h.jpg
    mSSLranh.jpg
    VQFQJ2Gh.jpg

• XeDXeD Joined: Posts: 16
    edited January 5
    Wow seeing some of these I wish I had room in my townhouse to do it right. I did get the council members to agree on putting some cabs in the club house for the "kids". I have yet to see anyone in there except for my monthly get together.
    https://klovimg.com/image/3Y4uF
    https://klovimg.com/image/3YMi8

And here is my back log of repairs at my sister garage I commandeer. I got 5 going but only 1 cleaned up.
    https://klovimg.com/image/3YbU3
    Post edited by XeD on
  • mR_CaESaRmR_CaESaR Joined: Posts: 737
    XeD wrote: »
    And here is my back log of repairs at my sister garage I commandeer. I got 5 going but only 1 cleaned up.

WOW!

Here I am trying to look for an Astro City/Blast City and you have a TON of them in your sisters garage!

How I wish these were more common here in Australia.
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 553 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm glad the forums in their entirety will be archived for reference. Between these archived threads, Slagcoin and Youtube the future arcade hobbyists, parts enthusiasts modders that just want to know what the best pcb to use for PS5\Xbox\Nintendo will be in good hands. Knowing where everyone is migrating to would be nice, I'm moving into new construction this week and looked forward to bouncing home arcade\DIY Vewlix solutions even what tools I need to rent vs buy from all the experts here. Now I may have to source all this info from non-FGC folks. I'm @mikahl757 on twitter but a forum\thread structure holds so much value for Arcade and other FGC related topics for researching and community driven solutions. Thanks all for sharing your arcade setups, pcb pinouts, arcade parts facts. (-_-)=b

RIP SRK Tech-Talk 01-31-2018
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • rjmajor323rjmajor323 Guitar God Joined: Posts: 47
    I'm glad the forums in their entirety will be archived for reference. Between these archived threads, Slagcoin and Youtube the future arcade hobbyists, parts enthusiasts modders that just want to know what the best pcb to use for PS5\Xbox\Nintendo will be in good hands. Knowing where everyone is migrating to would be nice, I'm moving into new construction this week and looked forward to bouncing home arcade\DIY Vewlix solutions even what tools I need to rent vs buy from all the experts here. Now I may have to source all this info from non-FGC folks. I'm @mikahl757 on twitter but a forum\thread structure holds so much value for Arcade and other FGC related topics for researching and community driven solutions. Thanks all for sharing your arcade setups, pcb pinouts, arcade parts facts. (-_-)=b

Im sad to see it go as well, I was more of a lurker myself.

Im @BNGames on twitter and I continue to do Arcade vids on my youtube channel https://youtube.com/user/BNGamesReviews

If anyone has an arcade discord let me know!
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 553 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    rjmajor323 wrote: »

Im sad to see it go as well, I was more of a lurker myself.

Im @BNGames on twitter and I continue to do Arcade vids on my youtube channel https://youtube.com/user/BNGamesReviews

If anyone has an arcade discord let me know!

@Darksakul is giving discord invites via PM.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,399
    edited January 9
    Are those old DIY Viewlix blueprints still running around somewhere? I finally got a banging house with a decent job that gives me free time. I definitely want to get those in case the shutdown turns out to happen for real.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • XeDXeD Joined: Posts: 16
    mR_CaESaR wrote: »
    XeD wrote: »

WOW!

Here I am trying to look for an Astro City/Blast City and you have a TON of them in your sisters garage!

How I wish these were more common here in Australia.

I was lucky with these. I notice them in the back of an active arcade (only about 3 in a 6h radius) all non working so I got a great deal.

I have been a lurker for so many years and now that I decide to be more active the site goes down :(
  • electricgraveelectricgrave KOBURAH!!! Joined: Posts: 86
    That looks beautiful, love the dedication to SF.

That Pachinko slot, it's hard to tell but is it the Third Strike one? Chun-Li eating a rice cake art. That used to be for sale in just about every circuit city back in the day. Years later I saw it for sale at a dinner, 200 bucks, should have picked it up, great set up, congrats!

• VinsanityVinsanity Will make you famous Joined: Posts: 36 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That looks beautiful, love the dedication to SF.

That Pachinko slot, it's hard to tell but is it the Third Strike one? Chun-Li eating a rice cake art. That used to be for sale in just about every circuit city back in the day. Years later I saw it for sale at a dinner, 200 bucks, should have picked it up, great set up, congrats!

Thanks! It’s a Street Fighter 2 pachislo/skill stop machine made by a company called, Aristrocrat. It has Chun Li eating some sort of pastry. I don’t really know much about it, just that I thought it was cool. The guy that I bought it from said it came from an arcade in Japan. Let me know if you have any more questions.
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,628
    I'm jealous of the Capcom Cutes that people have.
    It's #2 on the list of cabs I'd like to own. #1 would be a Blast City; a good part of it is for the look, but another large part is for the versatility (tri-res, tate-possible, standard Sega CPs).
    But a Capcom Cute would be... cute.

I know they're not easy/cheap to come by, especially in my neck of the woods, but if I had the space (maybe if I eventually got rid of my custom cabinet), I'd design and build myself a Capcom Cute-inspired cabinet as a replacement....
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    what do these chewlix cost anyway lol?

I making an 'MERICALIX
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zaif6qLQzvdsLqvJN9ogprHxIgAmdz0H/view?usp=sharing
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,474
    Congrats on your head2head Caesar...how is the input lag?
  • mR_CaESaRmR_CaESaR Joined: Posts: 737
    SNAAAAKE wrote: »
    what do these chewlix cost anyway lol?

550 USD before shipping :D :D

Shipping costs will vary depending on where it's going. It cost me an additional 700 USD to get it to my door (I went with a company that provided door to door service, so I didn't have to worry about any of the things that one normally worries about when importing via sea ie. Shipping to port, document fees, taxes/duties, brokerage fees, freight forward fees, delivery to your house from port - normally will be a lift tail gate truck etc).
    rcaido wrote: »
    Congrats on your head2head Caesar...how is the input lag?

I can't say for sure nor do I have any scientific testing completed, but with my first cab, I was able to do 1f links using the same method as I did on a "lag free" computer monitor. When I do the same thing on my 50 inch monitor, I can definitely tell there's a lag.

The second cab, I haven't tested one bit. I just literally unboxed it, installed the 1P CP's and brook UFB and gave it a crack.

I'll report back eventually if I do any proper testing.
  • l3et9jdhl3et9jdh "skig-scags" Joined: Posts: 485 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

550 USD before shipping :D :D

Shipping costs will vary depending on where it's going. It cost me an additional 700 USD to get it to my door (I went with a company that provided door to door service, so I didn't have to worry about any of the things that one normally worries about when importing via sea ie. Shipping to port, document fees, taxes/duties, brokerage fees, freight forward fees, delivery to your house from port - normally will be a lift tail gate truck etc).

$550 for the machine and $700 for shipping.

Please provide link (URL) for the machine and which shipping company please.

Thanks
  • NoJohnsNoJohns WHINING FOOLS BEGONE! Joined: Posts: 50
    May be slightly off topic, but does anybody here have any advice on how to find older arcade cabinets for the purpose of restoring? I've searched around my city, online, and asked around local arcades/barcades, but no one seems to have any advice or info.
    PSN: JOKERSHENCHMAN
    Steam ID: BOSS GHOST
    Twitter: NoJohnz
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,123
    NoJohns wrote: »
    May be slightly off topic, but does anybody here have any advice on how to find older arcade cabinets for the purpose of restoring? I've searched around my city, online, and asked around local arcades/barcades, but no one seems to have any advice or info.

Classified ads, that includes Craigslist, you could also hit up eBay.
    Warring be prepared for a several hour drive to other cities or even over state lines.
    You also might want to rent a truck or van to move the cab.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist