South Bend, IN/ Michiana - We finally have a scene!!

Comments

• neemo6neemo6 huh what Joined: Posts: 563
    Sweet, should come on out next time we have game sessions we just been playing ssf4.
    SSFIV: Sagat/Rufus
    MvC3: Zero/Skrull/Doom
  • Newtype AndyNewtype Andy CHECK MATE Joined: Posts: 775
    Yay for more people! Who are some of your character picks for Super?
    GBA2: RX-78
    SFxT: Juri & Law
    USF4: Juri, Gen, Honda
    We need to get another fight night going.
  • foodnaptimefoodnaptime eat. sleep. repeat. Joined: Posts: 70
    Kalamazoo, MI. you guys are a bit of a drive for me, but please hit me up online for some matches!
    look at Gouken's arms, now watch me bowflex that jump in.
    Ya little over an hours drive, was actually in kzoo about 2weeks ago i think for the downtown block party. But ya you should consider making the drive down sometime we have small scene that is definitely starting to grow.
  • ElectromaElectroma Joined: Posts: 82
    ST. JOSEPH, MI-- me and and two of my local friends play super on the regular. I dont know of any other ppl who play super in the swmichigan area. We occasionally drive out to detroit to do ranbats with that scene, but its so efn far. Always lookin for locals within driving distance.
    The Professor: Weapon X is indeed glad to have you back, Logan. We put considerable time and money into you.
    Deadpool: And pointy things! http://wadewilsonlives.deviantart.com/
    Awesome, NewType Andy's cousin is a very solid player from St. Joe. We are always on looking for local players the more the better! Might have a game night friday at my place will know for sure tommorow though, you guys are more than welcome.
    Yeah I didn't realize how good my second cousin was haha! I didn't think he played very much. Anyways, he is indeed also from St. Jo, MI.
    Yeah I didn't realize how good my second cousin was haha! I didn't think he played very much. Anyways, he is indeed also from St. Jo, MI.

awesome, yeah it would be cool to get a little mini scene goin on around here, sure as hell beats driving all the way out to detroit, but the reward is that the competition is pretty nice out there. We should all meet up for some casuals forsure though. feel free to add me on xbl as well
    The Professor: Weapon X is indeed glad to have you back, Logan. We put considerable time and money into you.
    we'll be playing tommorow night, let me know if your intersted in stoping by ill pm you my number.
    hell yeah man, pm me. What kinda turnout you expecting? cuz it is like a good 30min to get there.
    Last time we had like 8 or 9 people or so? I don't remember exactly but it was enough to make me wish I had brought a second setup lol...
    i could prolly bring a setup (360) if needed
    After tonight I'll be playing SSF4 on PSN along side 360. :)
    gg's to everybody, we will have to put somethin together again.
    Ya gg's , it was nice having another setup. Ya definitely have another session soon.
    Most definitely a great night!

Lemme know when you guys are doing things up there too and pending my availability I'd be up for that sort of light travel.
    Might have something again this week depending on the interest. Will let you guys know by wednesday or thursday.
  • Sanjuro_The_RoninSanjuro_The_Ronin ST 4 life yo! Joined: Posts: 572
    Kalamazoo, MI. you guys are a bit of a drive for me, but please hit me up online for some matches!

This is bullshit, where were you 3 years ago?
    It's kind of late in history to be coming up with real good ideas, luckily I have plenty of really bad fucking ideas.
    Bump to keep thread alive
  • Chauncy TalonChauncy Talon Joined: Posts: 214
    awesome, yeah it would be cool to get a little mini scene goin on around here, sure as hell beats driving all the way out to detroit, but the reward is that the competition is pretty nice out there. We should all meet up for some casuals forsure though. feel free to add me on xbl as well

Sup Juice. Whats good bro. When the fuck are you going to comeback to my place and laugh your ass off. O yea I do believe that Big Sheldon might of made you guys TFA members. You, Holdy and Ben are TFA members.

ALSO, you guys from Indiana need to come to Grand Rapids. We have Ranbats up here. I think you guys will be surprised on what Michigan will have to offer.

CHIPS-AHOY!!!
    Hell yeah, Ben and Holdy surprised me as it is lol... Anyways, if you keep us filled in I'm sure we could jump up there and steal your cookies.
  • stabicronstabicron CTRL ALT PSYCHOCRUSHER Joined: Posts: 2,065
    Sup Juice. Whats good bro. When the fuck are you going to comeback to my place and laugh your ass off. O yea I do believe that Big Sheldon might of made you guys TFA members. You, Holdy and Ben are TFA members.

ALSO, you guys from Indiana need to come to Grand Rapids. We have Ranbats up here. I think you guys will be surprised on what Michigan will have to offer.

CHIPS-AHOY!!!

I am new to this thread *I should have noticed the regional matchmaking board sooner* but since you mentioned ranbats and my home town I am very interested and would like to learn more.
    Ultra: Bison, Decapre, Oni, Cammy
    Guilty Gear: Sol, Jam, Millia | KOF13: Athena/Kula/Yuri

CHIPS-AHOY!!!

hell yeah chauncy! i plan on comin up there asap bro. Does trf have a site or anything?
    Sup everyone been crazy busy lately hopefully we can get together for some sessions in a couple of weeks!
    Let me know when to show.
    Hey man i just got an xbox been trying to hit you up on it.
    That's awesome, I haven't been on much lately, I'll try to jump on more this week.
    Bump. We need more OFFline play imo. And CvS2!
    Ya fo sho! was actually playing CvS2 and Pocket gem fighters the other day.
  • Chun PaiChun Pai Joined: Posts: 1,363
    Surprised to see this thread! I grew up in this area and I'm now a milwaukee resident but if I'm ever home I'll be sure to check out what's going on in the michiana area.

I grew up around St.Joseph, MI - there's a store in Benton Harbor called Topps Trade Center that's trying to start up a little bit of a side arcade now. They have a TTT machine and a MvC2 machine along with a few others but I'm sure they'd be happy to have any players from around that area.. might be something to look into. I know they do magic tournaments and shit so they're familiar with hosting events.

Any of you going to be at UFGC in Chicago next year? Most of the milwaukee crew will be making the trip.

We have monthly tournaments in milwaukee as well - it's not too bad of a drive, but at the same time you may as well be going to chicago if you're going to travel. It's closer.
    We only made it to MWC this past year, and I'd really like to make it to more in 2011.
  • zenblasterzenblaster Joined: Posts: 717
    It's quite a drive, but maybe if we can muster up like 4 people we could make it happen?
    MVC3 tournies? Word on the street is that Benton Harbor gamestop is having a midnight launch tournament, and now Wal-Marts are hosting tournaments w/ a free copy of the game to the winner. Not sure as which Michiana walmarts if any are actually participating. If any are i will post the info here as it could possibly be an easy way to get a free copy for some of us , as we all know what the status of the fighting game scene is in the area, competition might not be the most challenging hehe.
  • ShinJuggaloShinJuggalo Nintendo Power Joined: Posts: 61
    Hey. Lookin for some players. See there are a few of you guys in the SB area. Names Kyle, work at the Gamestop on Indian Ridge.
    Anyone down, hit me up on XBL: KyleKyleBrown.
    This legacy...It sounds pretty legendary.
  • cheezface immortalcheezface immortal unbeatlievable Joined: Posts: 1,082
    what up Kyle! had to double take when i saw your name on here. :smile:
    I am, quite possibly, the greatest man alive!
    Steven Seagal as The Cockpuncher - "I don't think you have the balls."
    Chaos Crypt - "I'd say we sound like the primeval howl from the cursed newborn."
    Add me on XBL, tag is ORDEProject awesome to meet more local gamers! You guys doing anything special at your store for MvC3?
    Nice to meet more fighting gamers in the area, hope you guys chime in on the thread!
    Word on the street, South Bend main library might be doing ranbats on saturdays for MvC3. Will post info tommorow once i know the details.