"anything goin' down tonight?" - The Fresno Thread

Comments

• AzN InKAzN InK I was a Tom Joined: Posts: 643
    edited November 2013
    session at GABB going on tonight?
    "Ontop of that, all you dudes calling us fat and ugly and whatever you can think of. Good job, if I was cute and skinny would you fuck me? Is that what you really want?" - Marn

"... ball gargling champion of the western suburbs..."
  • Power_of_ShamwowPower_of_Shamwow Team Alpha-Counter Joined: Posts: 853
    fobi0 wrote: »
    Calling it now Killer Instinct dies in a year. Everyone will go back to playing Marvel and AE. Sad but its true

Calling it now, KI dies in a year because it's exclusive, next-gen, and not on current-gen/multiconsole. Not because it's "bad".

Of course, I don't think the game is bad, being exclusive and next gen really hurts it. Regardless of my opinion for the xbone I want Killer Instinct to do well. I want to see how other companies use the free 2 play option in the future. Hell I even thought about getting an xbone for us to use. But frankly I can't see spending $500 for a console then another $200 for a stick.

I will eat my words though I've watched some of the game today it looks like it has fixed stuff that I didn't like when I played it back in July. Game looks great, net code seems to be really solid when I saw Valle streaming it. So far Double helix seems to have done a great job
    PSN:Quiksilver1209
    Twitter: @jwong1209
    youtube.com/fgcalphacounter
    twitch.tv/alphacounter
  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,063
    My hope, is that MS will be threatened enough by SteamOS to port more of their exclusives to Windows. That would mean KI on another platform.

What's the Fresno KOFXIII scene like?
  • fobi0fobi0 YEAH ME TOO!!! Joined: Posts: 3,108
    Calling it now Killer Instinct dies in a year. Everyone will go back to playing Marvel and AE. Sad but its true

Calling it now, KI dies in a year because it's exclusive, next-gen, and not on current-gen/multiconsole. Not because it's "bad".

Of course, I don't think the game is bad, being exclusive and next gen really hurts it. Regardless of my opinion for the xbone I want Killer Instinct to do well. I want to see how other companies use the free 2 play option in the future. Hell I even thought about getting an xbone for us to use. But frankly I can't see spending $500 for a console then another $200 for a stick.

I will eat my words though I've watched some of the game today it looks like it has fixed stuff that I didn't like when I played it back in July. Game looks great, net code seems to be really solid when I saw Valle streaming it. So far Double helix seems to have done a great job

Killer Instinct FGOTY let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    You bad...
  • XsK_SamuraiXsK_Samurai Joined: Posts: 1,077
    My hope, is that MS will be threatened enough by SteamOS to port more of their exclusives to Windows. That would mean KI on another platform.

Relatively small. Only a handful of players that play.
    Twitter: @XsK_Samurai
    YouTube: XsKSamurai
    xsksamuraiblog.blogspot.com
  • Shark_BonesShark_Bones Joined: Posts: 48
    I've been longing to see some ultra combos, man.
    dudley-taunt.gif
  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,063

What do you guys play? Do you have a twitch stream?
    edited November 2013
    Super-Skrull? Nah more like God-Skrull.

Shield, hammer, Mark suit, gamma radiation... amazing.

1452429_1775612555827321_261025369_n.jpg
    You bad...
    ^
    You're fucked bro
    dudley-taunt.gif

What do you guys play? Do you have a twitch stream?

Well the community mostly plays UMVC3, AE, we have some that play Persona, Blazblue, injustice also. Also there is smash community as well. We usually stream at twitch.tv/alphacounter. Ill be streaming tonight some AE PC. But starting December 1st we will BE MOVING TWITCH CHANNELS! the new twitch channel is twitch.tv/fresnogaminglive So if you want to check out the stream follow the channel. We also host weekly sessions every Friday out in Clovis as well at Gabb Fitness.

Might as well make an announcement for people who don't know, As of December 1st, Alpha-Counter is no more, we are rebranding our name and will be known now as the Fresno Gaming Community. Now before anybody asks, this changes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! We will still have Friday Night Danger Rooms, still have tournaments at Gabb Fitness and so forth. This rebranding is allowing us to do more things and build up our community better. I have a lot of exciting new projects that are in the works and can't wait to implement in the near future. So next saturday's Central Valley Showdown tournament will the be the last Alpha-Counter event. Then the Fresno Gaming era will begin. We are really excited about the change and thank you guys for all the support you have shown over the past year we have done this.

Here is the link for the tournament next saturday,
    https://www.facebook.com/events/159502710926772/

should be fun and hope to see you guys make it out!

If you have any questions, feedback anything about tournaments, the name change, sessions and stuff, please post. We like to hear any input on any ideas you guys have or things you like to see. Ill give you guys more info about the move in the next few days
    twitch.tv/alphacounter
    Don't forget if you want to donate and help out Fresno Gamers in Clovis, the paypal account is fobi0@gmail.com

heuheuheuheuhe
    You bad...
  • LQFleury14LQFleury14 Joined: Posts: 92
    Only if I get a free Yoga Sniper T-shirt to go with it.
    I think we can all agree Seth is op now with yoga sniper
    twitch.tv/alphacounter
    You'll get something better, a matching set consisting of a Yoga Sniper shirt and Crossup MK (embroidered on the crotch) sweatpants.
    You bad...
  • KnockoutJKnockoutJ #fuckitout Joined: Posts: 451
    Kate said we can stay at her place again if we want to the weekend of the 14th. I just need to know how many people are going.
  • TimeGemTimeGem I'm not weird, you're too normal. Joined: Posts: 147
    Super-Skrull? Nah more like God-Skrull.

Shield, hammer, Mark suit, gamma radiation... amazing.

1452429_1775612555827321_261025369_n.jpg

I think this guy was in one of the Secret Invasion books I got.
    "You address omnipotence, tread carefully." -Thanos, The Infinity Gauntlet #5
  • deadaciddeadacid I feel like someone threw me away. Joined: Posts: 745
    These Seth changes though... amirite?
    PSN: DEADACID #killthescene
  • blahguyblahguy Joined: Posts: 273
    Daigo is an asshole. Go watch Daigo vs Gamerbee for proof.
  • XsK_SamuraiXsK_Samurai Joined: Posts: 1,077
    edited December 2013
    Thank you to everyone who showed up and helped out on Saturday at our event. We really appreciate the help. You guys know who you are. :)

-Miky
    Twitter: @XsK_Samurai
    YouTube: XsKSamurai
    xsksamuraiblog.blogspot.com
    edited December 2013
    Thanks again to everyone who showed up and helped out last weekend, turnout was great and i'm already looking forward to planning the next one.

I do have a question to ask all of you.

Would there be more interest to have Danger Rooms on Saturdays like lets say 4-10pm rather than Friday nights 9-2? Want to gauge interest here and see what works out best for everyone.

Also if you guys didn't know already, Alpha-Counter is dead. We have decided to rebrand ourselves and will now be known as The Fresno Gaming Community. This is an exciting time for us and I got a lot of different ideas and projects for the future. But to clear up any confusion, EVERYTHING WILL STIILL BE THE SAME. We will still have friday sessions, tournaments and so forth.

Here are two links. One is for the new facebook page and the other is our facebook group. Both will be used but the second link for the group will be more active to post about outside sessions and other stuff

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fresno-Gaming-Community/704081129602984

https://www.facebook.com/groups/460364100750157/471003829686184/?notif_t=group_activity
    twitch.tv/alphacounter
    No and no.

And shoutouts to Miky for doing everything. Huehueueueheuuehueheuhe
    You bad...
  • AzN InKAzN InK I was a Tom Joined: Posts: 643
    @ Jared

I'm not too sure about The Fresno Gaming Community because its acronym is very similar to the generic "fighting game community" (FGC) that people like to use. It doesn't really stand out and I can see it overlapping with other interests and getting confused. On the bright side, I dont see anyone getting mad about it either because its so generic so theres that.
    "Ontop of that, all you dudes calling us fat and ugly and whatever you can think of. Good job, if I was cute and skinny would you fuck me? Is that what you really want?" - Marn

"... ball gargling champion of the western suburbs..."
  • Negus EyoelNegus Eyoel I am The Guy Joined: Posts: 405
    i would personally be fine with either day, but my only problem with saturday is what happens in the event that you decide to go to an out of town tourney?
    Evolution 2012 Skullgirls 7th Place
    Creator of the ugliest painwheel combo in existence. (Pre-Patch)
    I'm fine with whatever day.

If there's anything I can do to help assist you guys, let me know.
    dudley-taunt.gif
    I vote random, pulled out of a hat, days.
    You bad...
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, ill keep you posted on whats going on the next few weeks. We got some new stuff we want to try and may even have an event at the end of january so stay tuned!
    twitch.tv/alphacounter
  • KnockoutJKnockoutJ #fuckitout Joined: Posts: 451
    edited December 2013

8:08
  • deadaciddeadacid I feel like someone threw me away. Joined: Posts: 745
    that UltraDavid yelp
    PSN: DEADACID #killthescene
    edited December 2013
    Cody's new name is Britain.
    You bad...
    Just a reminder, Danger Room is back friday night. Its been a couple weeks so be nice to have a session. See you guys there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/714019228633067/
    twitch.tv/alphacounter
  • DemonikDemonik #1 At Unintentionally Causing Butthurt Joined: Posts: 328
    dead thread
    Follow me @SST_DemoniK
    Not for the faint of heart or those of you that are easily offended.
    Also known as "Cody"
  • EraldoCoilEraldoCoil Hates Mexican food, is Mexican. Joined: Posts: 430
    RIP in Peace....

SRK is dead.....shit is all moving to facebook groups.
    (El Rado) I'm Mike G.
    Fresno's best 3S player
    God thread is dead. is the FGC dead?
    twitch.tv/alphacounter
    Yes.
    You bad...
  • Negus EyoelNegus Eyoel I am The Guy Joined: Posts: 405
    at the very least shouldn't we have a link to the FB group somewhere so we can redirect them to a place where people will actually get a response?
    Evolution 2012 Skullgirls 7th Place
    Creator of the ugliest painwheel combo in existence. (Pre-Patch)
    Sure.
    You bad...
  • anita_bonghitanita_bonghit Joined: Posts: 2
    Time to breathe life into this dying scene yoo I'm a little late but fgc was a less than favorable choice for a replacement name ac was pretty godlike and can u guys link me the group on fb
    edited January 2014
    Well it had to happen but i think the new name breathes new life

BAM!

Facebook Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/460364100750157/

Facebook Page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fresno-Gaming-Community/704081129602984
    Time to breathe life into this dying scene yoo I'm a little late but fgc was a less than favorable choice for a replacement name ac was pretty godlike and can u guys link me the group on fb

twitch.tv/alphacounter
  • anita_bonghitanita_bonghit Joined: Posts: 2
    Much appreciated good sir