The Cammy renaissance thread

OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to trollJoined: Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
What happened to all the Cammy players? Seems like all Cammy players died or something seeing that no one post here like in 7(!!) months. Even the kyosuke and king forums is more active than this place.

I guess either everyone has found ways around Cammy or they hopped the a-yare/C sagat bandwagon. not surprising since there were no Cammy users during evo's final and Ino went MIA.

Seeing how 7 months has passed, i'm sure there are some new strategy and tactics and some became obsolete.
ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see

Comments

• lord sharkylord sharky a sharks tale Joined: Posts: 380
    im badly in need of P-cammy strategies...
    she's my r2 character,
    the things i do w/ her are lots of fierce & roundhouse, her short crossup, fierce linked to super..
    anyone here who can help??
    worth the play

www.teamfarmers.tk
  • noodlemannoodleman Cancer of GTASF Joined: Posts: 5,165
    i think its mainly cause shes not that good ina-groove, and mroe ppl are switching into it.

plus alot of the bnb stuff you need are easily countered. drill for example, is pretty necessary for you to space yourself and get it, but just about every cr.mp in the game beats it out clean.
    "You'd be better off falling asleep with the taste of my crotch in your mouth." - Miyavi

"no no! it don't hurt if spoon is greasy!" - Zangief Chronicles.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    hey i have 2 questions.
    anyone know the characters that cant crouch far standing strong?

and if i block a blanka ball while crouching, can i standing rh super, or do i have to walk forward slightly first, then rh, super.

as for strategy, i never see ppl use her standing forward in videos, i think its a pretty good poke, i dun know about its priority, but at least it can throw ppl off to try to hit u back, and u can prolly counterhit them with standing roundhouse
    That's because she's not exactly a complex character. Pretty much all the effective strats (sfierce, sfierce, sfierce.... c.mp... sfierce = P) have been found. Doesn't mean she's not a good character, just that she's incredibly simple to use.
  • xX_Deus_XxxX_Deus_Xx ItsCool2BeDismissive Joined: Posts: 2,579
    noodleman wrote:
    i think its mainly cause shes not that good ina-groove, and mroe ppl are switching into it.

plus alot of the bnb stuff you need are easily countered. drill for example, is pretty necessary for you to space yourself and get it, but just about every cr.mp in the game beats it out clean.

i bust out s.:mk: sometimes. most of the people i've done this to so far spaz out and try to poke me back, i throw out a lvl3 and hit em :confused:. but thats not saying much. i've done this all of like 5 times
    Have fun, and be safe with it.

Just kidding. Fuck shit up.
  • MalignantMouseMalignantMouse going home Joined: Posts: 152
    xX_Deus_Xx wrote:
    i bust out s.:mk: sometimes. most of the people i've done this to so far spaz out and try to poke me back, i throw out a lvl3 and hit em

sounds top tier
    "and always mash your super out while she's doing her custom. that way if she messes up, ghetto k groove super shuts her down."

-randomsuper
    I don't know if this is new or not, but Cammy's far s.HP is a reliable counter to Sakura's far s.HK. You punch Sakura's leg on reaction and then you can link your level 3.

Cammy's run d.MK is also very abusable against Sakura. If she starts getting itchy on the RC hurricane kick button, then you start busting out your JD skills (since good Sakuras know to use the qcb+MK) and punishing her with a combo after JDing every hit. If she does the HK hurricane, then you Random Spike!

close fierce, far fierce combos against Blanka. Use it and link those supers!

Deshiken the Beast combo against fat characters...

jump in HP, d.MP, far s.MP xx qcf+HK
  • popoblopopoblo Joined: Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    kcxj wrote:
    Cammy's run d.MK is also very abusable against Sakura.

the OTK special! he abused that shit like mad in casual play against every character w/ cammy. it's a lot faster than you think...
    and if i block a blanka ball while crouching, can i standing rh super, or do i have to walk forward slightly first, then rh, super.

u mean lv3 super or RH AND THEN SUPER?

I'm sure u can lv3-super a blocked blanka ball, but the timing has to be precise. Too early and u'll juggle him (1 hit), and if too late he'll block it. Both situations can leave you vulnerable.

I've never tried RH and then super, if that's what you meant. To hit with a s.roundhouse u do have to take one or two steps forward however.
  • Mickey D'Mickey D' I feel for ya Mummy-B Joined: Posts: 1,828
    Cammy can cleanly beat out Sak's dive kicks also with far s.hp. Unlike far s.hk, the hp will cleanly beat it out.
    I just realized the other day that cammy has the easiest, simplest, and most super links I've ever seen.
    Dude's in the corner, and like's to just jump back and do roundhouses. Let's say, sagat small jumping backwards in the (corner). Short cannon spike him as high in the air as possible, and link to reverse shaft breaker.
    Or, meaty spiral arrow (corner), link reverse shaft breaker.
    That's you're most advanced stuff, because you need to land the first move, pretty much randomly by reacting to opponent, and link to super if it hits properly.

She also has:
    -shortx3 xx super
    -(corner)hcb+p(2 hits preferably), super
    -close s.fierce, cancel or link super
    -c.strong, c. forward xx super
    -close s.fierce, s.roundhouse xx super
    and my favourite
    -(corner)far s.fierce xx short spiral arrow, reverse shaft breaker

If you can land supers at every opportunity with cammy, you will be a beast.

edit: forgot to put (corner) all over the place.
  • vasAZNion13vasAZNion13 Thank you Gene. Joined: Posts: 2,368
    just do far/close s.fierce, super. that's all you need :D
    SSBB friend code: 2449-4333-1879
    I want to know what to do for this combo:

cr. shortxx wild bull

everytime i try to pull it instead of getting the super i get spike cannon. This is because i press short and release a bit before i do the first qcf and because negative edge (you can do a special move by pressing the button as well as releasing it) the cpu makes it count as a cannon spike motion, what can i do to fix this?
    strange combo

did you know that you can do hcb + fierce, qcb qcb + RH in the corner? That suprised me, the fact that it worked.
    missin cammy

why have people abandoned cammy? does everyone wanna use a-sakura or rolento that bad? even when i play wit my friends, i feel an odd sort of guilt usin cammy...crossup lk xx reverse shafter...that one makes me feel like a scrubby cheeseball. That wont stop me from lovin her! btw ne1 got tactics against bison (english not jpn)
  • vasAZNion13vasAZNion13 Thank you Gene. Joined: Posts: 2,368
    ooyuken wrote:
    why have people abandoned cammy? does everyone wanna use a-sakura or rolento that bad? even when i play wit my friends, i feel an odd sort of guilt usin cammy...crossup lk xx reverse shafter...that one makes me feel like a scrubby cheeseball. That wont stop me from lovin her! btw ne1 got tactics against bison (english not jpn)

you know, you might feel guilty if you win with cammy using "skill" or "skillful" tactics rather than going for ...i'm not even sure what to categorize that combo you listed...

and not everyone has abandoned cammy. it's just there's not much to do with cammy other than to hone your distancing/reaction with her cuz most of the stuff she's capable of has been done already, so there's never any new fads for people to jump onto for cammy.

A-sak is good, so naturally people would want to use her..

rolento is hot shit if you can use him like iyo, shiro, kim, *insert good rolento player names*. so people naturally want to attempt at getting good with him.
    SSBB friend code: 2449-4333-1879
    i have one question

Why the people say cammy is god in p groove?
    parry > :hp: > :hk: > super

easy.

she also has great walk speed and a good dash.

• OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    hp, see if it hits, super is godly
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • vkuwabaravkuwabara Joined: Posts: 361
    what are her meat attacks? I use d+hp
    When we do a meat attack, the enemy cant do a shit or what? sometimes I got lv3 super'ed while I try a meat
  • HellionHellion .5 Beat Combat Joined: Posts: 888
    forgot which one was her meaty attack. When she's that close most people just mash (with some precision I might add...) s.H.
    P-Cammy does this best:wgrin:

Now if you're getting supered through that shit you're probably getting too predictable, or you haven't drilled the idea in the other guys head that he doesn't wanna be doing that wakeup lvl 3 stuff.

Alls a meaty attack's going to do is make the other guy/gal's reversal timing that much stricter. For characters without meter or dp... I guess even a teleport, this could be problematic for people who can't reversal RC on wakeup.

Mix up the meaty attack high and low if you can (vs P-Groove anyway), with some good crossups here and there, a throw, and Cammy's damned option select towards+s.HP and you're good to go.
    "No one quits SRK. NO ONE" -wepeel
    P-Kyo(2), Guile, Cammy
    ST-Guile
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,802
    Hmm...C groove (Corner) Combo:

s. Fierce xx lvl2 spin drive smasher, dive kick, reverse shaft breaker

(Or you can use any set up you wish before the lvl2 super)

This is my personal fav. and it's the most damaging Cammy combo I've seen so far because you can land the dive kick in the corner and have lots of time to still catch the reverse shaft breaker ( it can be done mid-screen but you have to miss the dive kick to land the rev. shaft breaker and do it much faster).

'Sorry if everyone knew this already :sweat:

Long live Cammy!
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
    cammy vs. chun

stop chuns x-up by walking forward a little bit and doing c.:hp:
    cammy should turn around and do the fierce up chuns butt.
    the hits will trade, but will reset the match, and (i think) wins in damage.
    wayyy better than getting crossed up and combo'd to death.
    alternatively you can use cl.:hk: to hit chun, but this usually works best before chun switches sides with you.

cammy vs. sagat
    get his ass into the corner, s.:mp: a lot. mix it up.