The New Yang Thread Strategy/Discusion/Questions, Ask Here!

nemoonemoo Pussy & PatronJoined: Posts: 68
Introduction

Yo! I am making things a little easier to understand this time around while also adding more information in the long run.

So where to start? Yang isn't damaging character, hell he takes a lot of damage himself. So what makes him good then? He has an extremely punishing mix-up game. He does a lot of stun. Has decent air and ground game and great supers. Oh and he has cool hair!

BASIC BUTTON NOTATION
c.-close
fr.-far
cr.crouching
j.-jumping
f-forward
b-back
u-up
d-down
uf-upforward
df-downforward
ub-upback
db-downback

qcf/hcf- d,df,f/b,db,d,df,f
qcb/hcb- d,db,b/f,df,d,db,b
dp-f,d,df

jab-light punch
strong-medium punch
fierce-heavy punch
short-light kick
forward-medium kick
roundhouse-heavy kick

YANG MOVELIST

Palm- qcb jab,strong,fierce,EX
Mantis Slash (Rekka)- qcf jab,strong,fierce x 3*
Dive Kick- j.df short,forward,roundhouse
Roll Kick- qcf short,forward,roundhouse, EX
Teleport- dp short,forward,roundhouse,EX
Zenpo Tenshin (Command Grab)- hcb short, forward, roundhouse

*EX Mantis Slash can be done up to 5 times.

Target Combo 1- strong,fierce,b+fierce
Target Combo 2- short,forward,roundhouse
Target Combo 3- j.forward,df forward (Dive Kick)
I sing like a thug angel.

Comments

• nemoonemoo Pussy & Patron Joined: Posts: 68
    Basics

Now that thats out the way Basics!

Frame Data

http://ensabahnur.free.fr/BastonNew/index.php?id=10

*Thanks to ESN for revising the old frame data!

Super Art(s) of choice

Super Art choices tend to be match-up specific so I'll here's a list of what SA to use against said character:

Alex- SAIII
    Chun Li- SAII
    Dudley- SAII
    Elena- SAII
    Gouki- SAII
    Hugo- SAIII
    Ibuki- SAII
    Ken- SAII
    Makoto- SAIII
    Necro- SAIII
    Oro- SAII
    Q- SAIII
    Remy- SAII
    Ryu- SAII
    Sean- SAII
    Twelve- SAII
    Urien- SAIII
    Yang- SAII
    Yun- SAII

Note- Super Arts are honestly personal preference and can be switched interchangeably between the two. Just depends on the player:

SAII- Meter, Stun
    SAIII- Mixups, Damage

Normals

Instead of all of his normals, Ill try posting the ones that are of better use than others.

Pokes

fr.forward
    cr.forward*
    cr.roundhouse
    fr.strong
    fr.fierce

* Crouching forward is the most valuable and the poke that will be used the most. I put other normals so people wouldn't feel like they're limited to just one option.

Hit Confirms

cr.jab
    cr.short
    cl.strong

Punishers

cl.strong
    cl.forward (Launcher)
    cl.fierce

Anti Air

cl.forward
    fr.forward
    fr.fierce
    Combos

Combos

This section will discuss combos whether they be situational or practical.

Regular Rekka combos

Air Target Combo Strong, fierce, cr.Foward into Rekkas
    Standing strong, fierce into Rekkas
    Crouching forward into Rekkas

EX Rekka combos

Air Target Combo Strong, fierce,cr. or st. short, cr.Foward into EX Rekkas
    Close Strong x short into EX slashes
    Standing close strong, fierce, or short into EX Rekkas
    Crouching shortx1 or shortx2, jabx3, or forward into EX Rekkas
    UOH x Short into EX Rekkas

Q only: after a set of EX Rekkas in the corner you can either super or do another more "broken" set to keep him juggled!

COMMAND GRAB FOLLOW UPS

Anyone
    Crouching Forward x EX Rekkas

Chun, Makoto, Q
    Launcher sjc.RH or Air target Combo
    Walk up a little Cl.strong, fierce, short > Rekkas/EX Rekkas (short requires EX to combo)

Luancher (close forward) FOLLOW UPS

Anywhere
    Sjc. RH
    Sjc. Air target combo
    Forward Senkyuutai
    Forward Senkyuutai x SAII

Corner
    Walk up a little, a second launcher sjc. RH

If in the situation where you anti air launcher in the corner you can follow up with:
    Palm x far fierce (reset ), or super

Late Dive Kick Follow Ups

If a dive kick lands late and hits them low you can follow up with:

Standing strong, fierce, or short x EX Rekkas

more on this with experimentation later!

Palm Follow Ups

If in the corner you can follow up the palm with:

Anyone

Far fierce

Chun, Q, Elena, Necro, Alex

Fierce slash x jab slash wait fierce slash x Jab slash x standing or crouching fierce (reset) or Super

for a visual example check the a-cho KO video in the first post for reference.
    Strategy/ Set ups

reserved for strategy and set ups!
    Seiei Enbu

reserved for a full Seiei Enbu instructional post including combos ,setups, and strategy with SAIII.
  • TrixTrix Step ya game up Joined: Posts: 375
    Why is it that K.O seems to always hit j. hk in corner and doesn't ever get it parried and mine always does? lol Is he simply delaying it messing up the parry timing? Kinda like how RX always hits his j. hk in the corner also... Yang's case, j. hk leads to free combo, same with Urien.

Edit: Are Yang's close stand strong and/or forward capable of stuffing wakeup srk or ex spinning bird kick from chun?
    -Av by DominoLogic.

~Coin revolution
  • savaii64savaii64 HYPA POM! Joined: Posts: 2,250
    Why is it that K.O seems to always hit j. hk in corner and doesn't ever get it parried and mine always does? lol Is he simply delaying it messing up the parry timing? Kinda like how RX always hits his j. hk in the corner also... Yang's case, j. hk leads to free combo, same with Urien.

Edit: Are Yang's close stand strong and/or forward capable of stuffing wakeup srk or ex spinning bird kick from chun?

The close s.forward should launch them out of the move iirc. I could be wrong. Need to test it.
    Avatar Request Thread | Play HoN with me!
    "If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."
  • nmbr1krushnmbr1krush Namijon Joined: Posts: 1,374
    Hey Nieman! Good stuff man. Really impressive.
    Think. Block. Have fun.
  • Blue LightningBlue Lightning Portuguese Fighter Joined: Posts: 860
    This is probably old news, but I accidentally found out today that, after heavy senkyutai, you can reset the opponent with cl.jab or cl.strong (timing is similar so there's no reason to do jab instead of strong). This works anywhere on the screen, and here's what you can do:
    - If you immediatelly cancel the strong into light kaihou (teleport), yang will cross-up the opponent and be in a perfect position to attack;
    - If you delay the kaihou just a little bit, yang will not cross-up the opponent.

This should create some very good possibilities since your opponent won't be sure what way to block, and you could even put in some high/low/grab mixup to really screw with his mind. Also let me add that, if your opponent is in the corner, you can cancel the strong into Byakko Soushouda (qcb punch) for a perfect meaty attack, which should catch some people off guard. Of course, you can then cancel qcb punch into SAII, but unfortunately I don't think this can be hit-confirmed. I'm trying to do it but I'm not being very lucky. Either way, just thought I'd drop this here, and hope I found something, even if not knew, at least not very well-known :P

This probably works on every character, but I've only done it against ryu so far, will try against everyone else in a minute.

EDIT: Yeah I was looking further into this and turns out this is pretty old news <_< either way, I've tried against Yun and only cl.jab seems to work so that seems to be something.
    SF5: Raaashiiiidoooooooo; Tier-whore: Chun-li
    UMvC3: Main: Nova/Doctor Doom/Amaterasu; Former Team: Nova/Frank West/Amaterasu; Casual/Dream Team: Magneto/Dante/Frank and Doctor Doom/Dante/Frank
    PSN ID: BLightning91
    Hey Nieman! Good stuff man. Really impressive.

Hey, Thanks man but there is more work to be done.
    This is probably old news, but I accidentally found out today that, after heavy senkyutai, you can reset the opponent with cl.jab or cl.strong (timing is similar so there's no reason to do jab instead of strong). This works anywhere on the screen, and here's what you can do:
    - If you immediatelly cancel the strong into light kaihou (teleport), yang will cross-up the opponent and be in a perfect position to attack;
    - If you delay the kaihou just a little bit, yang will not cross-up the opponent.

This should create some very good possibilities since your opponent won't be sure what way to block, and you could even put in some high/low/grab mixup to really screw with his mind. Also let me add that, if your opponent is in the corner, you can cancel the strong into Byakko Soushouda (qcb punch) for a perfect meaty attack, which should catch some people off guard. Of course, you can then cancel qcb punch into SAII, but unfortunately I don't think this can be hit-confirmed. I'm trying to do it but I'm not being very lucky. Either way, just thought I'd drop this here, and hope I found something, even if not knew, at least not very well-known :P

This probably works on every character, but I've only done it against ryu so far, will try against everyone else in a minute.

EDIT: Yeah I was looking further into this and turns out this is pretty old news <_< either way, I've tried against Yun and only cl.jab seems to work so that seems to be something.
    Hmmmm yeah, the only time to use a drill kick out side of combos is for spontaneous wakeup, but reseting afterwards is okay if used sparingly.
  • Xx Thomahawk xXXx Thomahawk xX aka The Graveyard Theory aka Garlic the 3rd Joined: Posts: 403
    Well im trying to learn yang. Im coming along pretty good I got his bnbs Im still working on teleporting and corner juggles. I got some big issues against Necro and Urien. Any tips on this. I practice on XBL then Hit GGPO for matches but my routers basic but im good connecting in the East Coast area If someone wants to help me level up.
    Love for the Game!!! Live for the Fight!!!
  • kikimaru024kikimaru024 Mid-tier scrub Joined: Posts: 1,691
    Also let me add that, if your opponent is in the corner, you can cancel the strong into Byakko Soushouda (qcb punch) for a perfect meaty attack, which should catch some people off guard. Of course, you can then cancel qcb punch into SAII, but unfortunately I don't think this can be hit-confirmed. I'm trying to do it but I'm not being very lucky. Either way, just thought I'd drop this here, and hope I found something, even if not knew, at least not very well-known :P
    Ah, I see.
    I was wondering why Tokura was doing the palms after corner resets in one of the latest vids (don't think it hit too often).
    Seimitsu & K-sticks > Sanwa JLF.
    This truth is not universally acknowledged.
  • HaikuWarHaikuWar The Best Looking Player EVER Joined: Posts: 2,094
    can you connect any dive kicks to a target combo>? I can hit dive kicks to stand short and I have done Dive kick to short>forward target combo and sometimes roundhouse... why ?
  • Xx Thomahawk xXXx Thomahawk xX aka The Graveyard Theory aka Garlic the 3rd Joined: Posts: 403
    can you connect any dive kicks to a target combo>? I can hit dive kicks to stand short and I have done Dive kick to short>forward target combo and sometimes roundhouse... why ?

Yes. But the kick has to land from the opponents waist down. Damn near at the knees.
    Love for the Game!!! Live for the Fight!!!
  • [M]averick[Z]r0[M]averick[Z]r0 Joined: Posts: 15
    When I've had some Yang mirrors I noticed they will sometimes catch me with the launcher in the corner. Then they do Fierce mantis x2 and instead of ending the juggle with the 3rd mantis they just do fierce punch for a good mix up afterwards.

So how do they manage to land the Fierce in the end? I've tried it and it feels like the second mantis slash has too much recovery time to connect?
    EDIT: Nevermind, just found out you can do Fierce Mantis, Jab mantis, Fierce Punch
  • Trini_JudokaTrini_Judoka salty...since 09 Joined: Posts: 1,317
    Shouldn't this be stickied???

Anyway, what are Yangs BnB block strings? When playing yangs i always get put on lock down with strings but can't seem to figure out the sequence they are using for myself.

**yes I'm new and a sf4 player**
    Currently playing: I wish. gotta work son

psn/xbl: JoBronze

Brooklyn Bitchezzz
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,879 mod
    Can look out for...

meaty cr.mp, close fierce x slash
    cl.mp, UOH x ex slash

or even the classic...

slash...(pause) slash :wonder:
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
  • Trini_JudokaTrini_Judoka salty...since 09 Joined: Posts: 1,317
    What is the trick to get frame advantage on Yangs dive kick? I angle it based on strength of button pressed into the OPPs belly and i still cant combo on hit.
    Currently playing: I wish. gotta work son

psn/xbl: JoBronze

Brooklyn Bitchezzz
  • akuaku スピリチュアルやからね! Joined: Posts: 3,865
    What is the trick to get frame advantage on Yangs dive kick? I angle it based on strength of button pressed into the OPPs belly and i still cant combo on hit.

Dive kicks for both Yun and Yang have to hit the opponent pretty late and low(around the opponent's legs or lower) to be able to combo. It doesn't have much hitstun advantage if you land it early, which leaves you open for a throw/karathrow.
  • circle mashercircle masher Joined: Posts: 396
    Every now and again I like:

(Point blank) Cl.mp > lk xx lk.Teleport (crosses-up) > grab*/cr.lk x2/lp x3 xx lk/mk.Teleport again, etc.

*Think it may have to be kara'd**.

**Fk gives Yang his biggest kara range, though cl.mk kara can be very useful in point-blank option-selects. Kara fk.UOH is also quite handy for making ground.

It's been a good while since I used Yang properly, might have some of these details wrong.
  • moonwhistlemoonwhistle Joined: Posts: 46
    I am having alot of trouble with Yang becuase of an execution error that plagues my game. For example when I try to combo low forward into mantis (ex or normal) very often what will come out is low forward then the goddamm rolling kick thing which is disaterous. The problem is even worse if I try to use low lk or standing lk into ex mantis, the roll kick comes out every time. This seems like a simple problem but I have really have tried to fix my execution to no avail.

Am I correct in thinking that when I release mk it counts as a button press and this could be the issue? I have exactly the same problem with Akuma. More often than not when I try low forward into lk tatsu (for the juggle) he does low forward then mk tatsu (which i can't juggle).

Please help. :shake:
  • circle mashercircle masher Joined: Posts: 396
    Yeah it sounds like button-up/negative edge is causing you that problem. Have you tried tapping your buttons faster to avoid the release overlapping with the buffered motion? Sounds like you press and hold mk for a while instead of just tapping.
  • moonwhistlemoonwhistle Joined: Posts: 46
    Yeah it sounds like button-up/negative edge is causing you that problem. Have you tried tapping your buttons faster to avoid the release overlapping with the buffered motion? Sounds like you press and hold mk for a while instead of just tapping.

I'll give that a try, thank you. I believe it is harder to tap prescisely on a pad though, I can't use sticks. I'm using the fight pad.
  • Dont JumpDont Jump MVC3 was end of good FG's Joined: Posts: 1,491
  • sphinxsphinx Joined: Posts: 102
    Ive been wondering what good ways there are to land the command grab? Also, will it always beat a normal grab? Even during its startup frames?
  • xPlasmaxPlasma Joined: Posts: 218
    Ive been wondering what good ways there are to land the command grab? Also, will it always beat a normal grab? Even during its startup frames?

Cr. strong at point blank, wait for block / hitstun to end, command grab.
    The fear when someone has done two shorts and you know a super is coming
  • Dj_jm09Dj_jm09 Joined: Posts: 21
    Hey wassup yall I'm a new Yang player that wants to learn how to play better with Yang. I am very new to using a stick so any advice will be welcomed. Please add me on PSN for like training or something lol PSN : Dj_Jm09
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,108
    What does SGGK stand for in this option select tutorial?

• NorieagaNorieaga FADC x ROFLCOPTER Joined: Posts: 4,215
    I'm having issues with setting up Yang's command throw. The tick setup is cr. mk >> throw, right? After I perform the cr.mk my opponent is always too far out of reach from the command throw. Ideas? Thanks.
  • SpaceZebraSpaceZebra Joined: Posts: 5
    Some things I'm picking up on as I play with Yang. Might not work to well for advanced play.

- Versus Makoto, you'll definitely want motion as standing still and playing defensively will get you mixed up with her command over head/throw. I don't see too many Makoto's go for ground to air anti-airs, so try to open them up from the air with the airtarget combo. Don't do open jumps a whole lot because in my experience, you'll just get [command]thrown and then later, get stunned.

- A nice setup that seems to be working for me is after a towards or back throw, do the short/heavy teledash and you can follow with a mixup pretty nicely.

- It may be obvious, but depending on the player, you can start fights off pretty nicely. Some players like to jump back as soon as the match begins. Use Yang's roundhouse Kaihou (rolling kick) and you'll score a nice anti air into strong reset. A lot of Akuma's start fights off by jumping back and throwing hados. Might not work on Ibuki when throwing shurikens.

- If you don't want to get read so easy in the start of a match, just jump straight up. Not many people expect this because it takes a very neutral stand and it prevents you from getting thrown.

- Defensive shotos who start matches off defending will sometimes distance themselves after awhile. They will almost always go for a hadoken to break the ice, this is easy bait into a roundhouse Kaihou.

It would be nice if a pro could comment on this. I don't want to be giving out bad advice.
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,666
    I'm having issues with setting up Yang's command throw. The tick setup is cr. mk >> throw, right? After I perform the cr.mk my opponent is always too far out of reach from the command throw. Ideas? Thanks.

Try a different normal to tic with...? :confused:
    Use your brain a bit more.
    Play more.
  • GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    most heavier normals push out too far and the frame advantage (important for tick setups in general) is usually better on light normals. c.lp, c.lk, and c.mp work better for tick purposes than c.mk. close mp into walk up kara throw is also good because it's +6 on block, but the pushback does make walk up command throw a bit of a gamble. unless c.mk is being done at point blank, i don't think using it for command grab setups is wise.
    snip
    don't do yang's rollkick like that. the kind of shotos who are jumping back sf4-style and throwing projectiles at the beginning of rounds aren't going to be around after a while. don't learn bad habits just because of them. also, i think hk teleport might be too slow for setting up any kind of legit mixup after a throw, but i'll have to get back to you on that.
    This message will self-destruct.
  • NorieagaNorieaga FADC x ROFLCOPTER Joined: Posts: 4,215
    Try a different normal to tic with...? :confused:
    Use your brain a bit more.
    Well shit, dude! Wowwwwww, thanks so much for the helpful answer! Its cool being a grade-A jackass, hm?:confused:

Anyway, thanks to everyone else for the help. I worked out some mixups with Yang last night, I can see why he's such a deadly character. Cross-up dive-kick on wake-up is especially nasty.
  • kinetic-1kinetic-1 Joined: Posts: 464
    quick question...how do you do yang's forth trial? the one where you have to link 2 tenshin senkyuutai's together
    quick question...how do you do yang's forth trial? the one where you have to link 2 tenshin senkyuutai's together

Do SA2 IMMEDIATELY after Yang recovers from close MK. If you did it right, Chun should be getting hit behind Yang and the very last hit should whiff. Then do another SA2 right when Yang lands.
  • kinetic-1kinetic-1 Joined: Posts: 464
    Do SA2 IMMEDIATELY after Yang recovers from close MK. If you did it right, Chun should be getting hit behind Yang and the very last hit should whiff. Then do another SA2 right when Yang lands.
    thanks got it...and how about the last one? i can only get on set of :qcf::p:in
    Just concentrate on two sets of Mantis Slashes at a time, with little pauses inbetween each two Slashes. What I used back when I practiced this were MP Slashes.

Palm(doesn't matter which) -> qcf+MPx2, pause, qcf+MPx2, pause, qcf+MPx2
  • taoeontaoeon Joined: Posts: 16
    I picked up 3s a couple of days ago and took and instant liking to yang and began to read the Yang forums and watch 3s videos. I came across a post from a few years ago saying to learn the buffer timing for s.lp xx EX slashes and s/c.lk xx EX slashes.
    I've done my fair share of reading about game mechanics and such but i was wondering if someone could clarify this specific buffer, when should i be inputting the qcf motion.
    i can do these cancels pretty consistently in training mode by just hitting the buttons quickly but i feel like once i start playing matches ill just be wasting meter on failed cancels.
    if anyone could clear this up id be very grateful
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,599
    So is there like a general strategy for each matchup on here? I cant find anything
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    I'm planning to totally revise this whole thread soon. Basically adding things I left out before Seiei Enbu/Matchups, organizing and better documenting, and general strategy.
  • DeathlyratDeathlyrat Joined: Posts: 25
    I'm on Yang's 3rd combo trials: standing strong, standing short, EX Tourou Zan x3. I can't combo from short to the first Tourou Zan.. Any timing tips?

edit: found this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmNlyK5LnXg
  • mpikkonmpikkon "S" class tier (OP) Joined: Posts: 355
    Can you include Sei-enbu set ups on specific characters? Also, are there any character specific enders?
  • HitomiHitomi Rindoukan Blue Belt Joined: Posts: 1,125
    I second Seiei-Enbu setups. There's no concise source of information on Seiei-Enbu as far as I've seen. Questions:

1. What's the most damaging combo in the corner once you've got your starter in? HP Slash xx LP Slash X N until the ender cr.MK xx HP Slashes?

2. What's the mid-screen Seiei-Enbu combo?

3. Is there any way to combo into Seiei-Enbu outside of stunning the opponent?
    Formerly Robot Makoto
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX C.JACKOBE > David Sirloin Joined: Posts: 17,638
    Don't die Yang forum!

Cool setup to help beat dat Chun.

http://www.twitch.tv/3rdascensionleague/b/325327941

There is even more to it after this hits, for Yang to hit Chun to get Full Stun meter and Dizzy!
    Will talk about that too if anyone is interested or doesn't already know what comes next here.

Source:
    - more nicaKO of course!
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• darktowndarktown Darktown2 Joined: Posts: 497

3. Is there any way to combo into Seiei-Enbu outside of stunning the opponent?
    Yes, mk launcher sjc. sa3 ( which you can follow up with mantis juggle or mk roll)
    Also, there is a thread called seiei enbu, hopefully last thread; which has a a variety of different users preferred combos in the first post. Hope this helps.
    psn: darkTown2
    3s: ken, shotos, yang, dudley, urien
  • SF3LPSF3LP Nica K.O Joined: Posts: 3,496
    Don't die Yang forum!

Cool setup to help beat dat Chun.

http://www.twitch.tv/3rdascensionleague/b/325327941

There is even more to it after this hits, for Yang to hit Chun to get Full Stun meter and Dizzy!
    Will talk about that too if anyone is interested or doesn't already know what comes next here.

Source:
    - more nicaKO of course!

Here's the youtube links

Matchup specifics

Any questions just comment on the video, quote, whatever, ill be doing more of these to prepare for the Capcom 25th Anniversary tournament coming my way so I plan to go over a LOT of things with Yang
    I'm beginning what others are afraid to do...I'm going to show that i can finish what i started "Give respect and honor to them and it will be returned to you!!.....respect and honor!"
    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/Sf3lp
    My 3s tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDEE9C2CC15F90F36
    My 3s stream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/nica_ko
    3rd Strike Fight Club Series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaSyizurf0Ib8Y0cnMq9jf0gk4EjlEa--
    Community: https://www.facebook.com/Thisis3rdStrike
    Teespring Store: teespring.com/stores/thisis3s

Like, Follow, Subscribe!

Here are majority yang casuals with some other characters vs various players

Here are only yang casuals vs various characters/players

anyone wondering about the matchups, feel free to ask questions here
    I'm beginning what others are afraid to do...I'm going to show that i can finish what i started "Give respect and honor to them and it will be returned to you!!.....respect and honor!"
    3rd Strike Fight Club Series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaSyizurf0Ib8Y0cnMq9jf0gk4EjlEa--

Like, Follow, Subscribe!

• vandarkholmevandarkholme Joined: Posts: 388
    Yesterday I played a buddy on GGPO and even though my close.mk did hit his akuma, it didnt launch him. it happened twice in like 5 games so I guess it's not that unusual, whats the deal with it and why did that happen? Can anyone check it out for me and explain? it seems to me like it could be punished even on hit : (
    Sutorito Faita : Sad strike
    vandark, you should hear a cool pherai story from me one day then. Add it to all your history. I'll probably remember it closer to EVO time and just retell it to the forum when I'm probably going to re-tell some more anyway. Its not the glory hole one though, that one's too legendary. You probably know more about that than me.
  • GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i think it's when the move hits at a certain part in the animation, probably somewhere late in it. maybe using a guardless meaty setup could help test it. when it happens as anti-air, it resets instead of causing a juggle state. if you don't realize that in time and do a rollkick, you're in trouble. a strange thing is that i've never seen or had this happen with yun even though the move looks the same. even minor differences in frame data probably couldn't explain it.
    This message will self-destruct.
    It looks like it has to be a really meaty hit similar to a fuzzy guard setup from urien but in this case the top part of the active hit box is hitting the character so it would only juggle if they are in the air i believe, but idk more research would have to be done

Like, Follow, Subscribe!