Monster Hunter Tri anyone?

Nine life catNine life cat Joined: Posts: 34
From the request of SRK member and also my Monster Hunter team member SSF4 :)
I am going to update this first post as a HMTri friend code/MH name/ID Thread :)
So post your MHTri Name and ID here let the Hunt begin!

Nine Life Cat HR-56
MH name: Azarni
ID: XHNH8V

xOriginalx13
MH name: SSF4
ID: K8ZKFD

The Fireboy
Friend code is: 2918 2218 8459 2114

Damage898
MH name: Damage

Phil1237
MH name: Phil
ID: 9DJBRA

SugaFree
MH name: Joshua
ID: X677QR

sfried
MH name: Adeleine
ID: 1M2WBC

bttp9999
MH name: Meruto
ID: T66Y6G

nasir
MH name: Nasir
ID 6TFAB4

krazykone123
MH name: Eve Nifl
ID: XP9NIT

Korigama
MH name: Rin
ID: ZXFRWV

FreezerB
MH name: FreezerB
ID: 7EKWX7

Prez HR-32
MH name: Prez
ID : HXEDAN

Ketchy Kech HR-10
Name: Ketchy
ID: 7BZ23M

Arkayne17
ID: AQURGD

Endless
Name: VMT
ID: N51LGA

TheRedCyclone
Name: Victor

SeanxFayt
Name: Lil Sean
ID: RKDVYG

R | C HR: 317
MH Name: Ronnie

SirKanchi HR: 24
Name: Kanchi
ID: 8YR7JK

Shiku HR: 57
Name: Crimson
ID : 1PGMPK

krazykone123 HR:30
Name: Rei Rox
ID: 4Z2KNY

Last update on 8/16/2010

Alright! :) keep it coming!

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Oh hey there! I will be sure to pickup this game on April 20.

BTW FC is not going to be used as far as i know, since the game's online is hosted by Capcom servers. We may just have to wait till the game comes out before we start sharing watever ID codes they use

I'm so hyped for this. almost more than SSF4! /gasp
  • Nine life catNine life cat Joined: Posts: 34
    Monster Hunter FTW!

YES! Finally someone reply! lol Monster hunter is the SHIT! I wonder why not body reply this since I post lol
    Any lets be friend when we found out how to add friend in MHTri! Amazon will send it to me TODAY!!!!
    Also if you like to play some SF4 or SSF4 later :) add me on Xboxlive :)
    see you later :)
  • Damage898Damage898 Overrated Joined: Posts: 491
    Does this game force you to use the nun chuk?
    Does this game force you to use the nun chuk?

no you can use different controlers
    check this website
    http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_3
    it gives almost all the information you need to start the game
  • ph15hph15h Custom Title? What? Joined: Posts: 83
    I'm tempted to buy the bundle with the Classic Controller. :| If only my Wii's Wi-Fi was good, I'd be online by 9am tomorrow :|
    Auto: 3 Atk + a modular btn that changes depending on what it is paired w/ (instead of TvC Partner Btn) Manumatic: 4 Atk + 2 Ass. Manual+: 6 Atk + 2 Ass. or make that 6 with a modular button :P
  • milesokeefemilesokeefe Spammy Joined: Posts: 387
    I don't believe it will allow you to use the legacy GC controller, however.
    no you can use different controlers
    check this website
    it gives almost all the information you need to start the game

Thanks might pick it up today still on the fence bout it.
    I bought all the equipment I need before it came out. If you guys have a few more bucks. Try to get a USB cable adapter it will go faster. I got one from amazon for $14
    I noticed the speed change when I was play TvC on my wii online. However, I still don't think TvC did a good job on the server connection. Monster Hunter Tri is better.
  • SirKanchiSirKanchi A.K.A- Avery M. Joined: Posts: 334
    I'm up for some Huntin'. PM me if you need some one. I'm currently rank 2 at the moment.
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,192 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Monster Hunter seems like it would be dope, how you guys liking it?
    I must say, since this was my first Monster Hunter experience, i had a slow start. But DAMN, now that I am getting the hang of it this is a blast to play.

Got this the day it came out, but only found time to post about it now that my younger bro is hooked on the game and not letting me play D:

Just so many aspects that appeal to me in this game...each weapon being a different play-style of combat, many good options available in combat (traps, bombs, grenades, dodging, monster weakpoints, aiming with projectile weapons...) so many items to find that have a viable use (not just for vendoring), Online coop, splitscreen offline, fun fishing and cooking "mini-game"

We should unleash our fighting-game skills upon those monsters! pm me :)
  • The FireboyThe Fireboy Joined: Posts: 936
    My Friend code is: 2918 2218 8459 2114
    My pokemanz: 4253 0174 4049

This game doesn't use friend codes like traditional wii online games. Each character you use online (up to 6 or 8 total i believe) will be each assigned a unique ID number. This is the number used to add to friend lists
    Lets start post our Monster Hunter character name and ID here :)

Name: Azarni
    Name Damage
    ID gotta look it up lol.
    Here is mine :)

Name: Phil
    ID: 9DJBRA
    This is kind of weird ... I tried to add you guys up but it seems the wii online can't find you guys if you guys are not online? Anyone know how this work?
    This is kind of weird ... I tried to add you guys up but it seems the wii online can't find you guys if you guys are not online? Anyone know how this work?

Yeah I think so, the system is weird you cant even send a message to someone unless their online. Also every time you relog your inbox is deleted.
    :(

anyways >_> I just got to the level that I can make Switch Axe O_O it is a beast!
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,192 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'll post mine later but game is fun so far
  • SugaFreeSugaFree NAW SON Joined: Posts: 1,348

The way it works is that if you try to add somebody on your friends list, they have to reply with an add request as well. Once you do that, the name of the person will come up on the Friend Roster. If you or a friend is not online, you won't be able to add each other.

Here is my info:
    Name: Joshua
    ID: X677QR

A good way to get in touch is to use the XBL Party chat, I been using that with a group of friends.

SSF4 comming out tomorrow :)
    I will use that chance to add people from xboxlive and PSN!
    Add me if you guys like some fight too! :) I order SSF4 on both system lol
    Yeah feel free to add me for Super on ps3. I'm terrible at Monster Hunter but can hold my own in street fighter.

PSN ID: Damage1
  • TheRedCycloneTheRedCyclone Fear Tactics Joined: Posts: 407 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    good to see some ppl play this from srk. my name is: Victor, i'll have to look up the rest of my info when i get on later.
    DS Friend Code: 2423-3242-6121
    TRC: proud lurker since September 2000
    Personal Site: www.chasegregoryjones.com
    I guess nobody going to reply here for a while since SSF4 is OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YES!!! I just got my copy >_<!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I am stucked in the office :( I need to get out of this office or quit my job lol
    And since this is a MHTri forum lol let me talk something about MHTri
    I finally got to 5Star rank in offline mode! man! talk about fun! This is when it gets really interesting!
    However I wish they can make offline and online connect together that I don't need to do all low level quest all over again to level up my HR :( oh well .... MH is known to be a game that you have to spend hours to get something good from it!
    MH + SSF4 = FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SugaFreeSugaFree NAW SON Joined: Posts: 1,348
    I wouldn't mind playing against you guys in SSF4.

Send a message or friend request on XBL. We can get some Monster Hunter3 games going too.

• PoretPoret 12 yr old scrub on XBL Joined: Posts: 155
    Slash Ax is god tier
    XBL: ThatKidPoret
  • krazykone123krazykone123 4D Joined: Posts: 2,844
    I'll post up my info when my character gets better equipment, this game is great
    Slash Ax is god tier

ya the switch-axe feels quite effective.
    neutral x in axemode feels awesome, has great hitbox which includes behind you, and is very reliable at getting headshots. While sword mode has fluent attack strings that can sweep almost all around you.

Anyways, i wish we could just add eachother without both being online at same time. and playing online will require me to work my way up through quests again while leaving singleplayer half-done...I got SSF4 now too so if anyone wants to play either game feel free to add me.
  • 10x10x needs a console :( Joined: Posts: 922
    Let me hear it from all my hammer peoples!

Does anybody else's equipment not match at all? I look pretty ridiculous at the moment...

Oh, does anybody know when you're supposed to be able to obtain the skill that let's you change your equipment color?
    Me no rikey.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 4,985
    Yeah my character also looks like he's just been kicked through a costume shop, just chucking on whatever possible atm.

So far the switch-axe seems good (love the upswing and burst) but the lance seems really strong, I mean it basicly lets you stay up in a monsters grill most of the time and the fact that you can use the counter to cancel some of your attack's recovery and block quicker than just holding R is pretty cool too. (As well as being able to chain from the afformentioned counter)

Will tri to stick my details up sometime but I'm not sure weather european and american servers are the same or not.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    I always use the full set and then work hard for the next full set I want for different monster and use.
    I am still wearing Great Jaggi Armor and upgrade it to the highist level I can offer. It gives you Attack up (s) Halve Stun and Gourmand, After I boost it's Stun to +16 now I am Negate Stun/Prevents stun and +15 Gluttony= make me from Gourmand(Items that raise maximum Stamina only sometimes work) to (Scavenger)Increases efficiency of items that raise maximum Stamina. It is a ok armor for all the quest I have been through so far, only got killed twice from my 1 star quest to 5 star offline quest. and never let me failed a single hunting quest.
    I love SA as well, however, It's burst kills sharpness way too fast, I have to bring 20 whetstone for a 2+ monster quest and might not even be enough if you want to keep it sharp. After I switch to a ok Hammer I can finally made "Numbingbird
    " It gives good stun power and also paralyze, breaks monster parts like they are make from the mud. 10 Whetstone is enough for 2+ monster quest.
    I beleve Monster Hunter is a game you have to switch weapon for different monster most of the time just like rockman lol
    We should just master all weapon and become the best monster hunter :)

Answer to 10X I believe you have to level your HR in offline mode to 4 Star to unlock equipment color, I think that was when I unlock mine.
    and To Iduno I am sorry Euro and U.S. don't share servers.
    And again check here for a lots of good information for MHTri
  • RinsukuRinsuku Another year gone Joined: Posts: 201
    Alright. It's nice to see some Monster Hunters in SRK. Ummm...Oh yea. I need to put my Wii code up. :rofl:

I use a lance (*Gasp*), which has been greatly improved since MHFU.

Right now I'm using Jaggi Armor aslo. Just not upgraded. I tend to hang on to my armor spheres. :sweat:
    Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
    Willing is not enough we must do.
    Yeah I haven't use lance that much sine it is a bit slower on killing monsters but it is the best weapon for tank player lol I really wonder if I stand right behind a lance use will monster still crush me with their body? I think it will, but they can block fireball for me lol
    I believe it will be fun to play with players who use lance in online play :)
  • sfriedsfried Novice in training Joined: Posts: 151
    Name: Adeleine
    ID: 1M2WBC

Great Sword.
  • bttp9999bttp9999 Joined: Posts: 103
    I use all melee weapons except LS, but I specialize in hammering most monsters.

Name: Meruto
    ID: T66Y6G

You can usually find me in Open > Valor 4 > City Gate 25 power grinding a few of my friends that are new to MH. So far my only armour sets are Full Jaggi and Qurupeco, fully decorated for Quick Sharpen. Got 3/5 Barroth pieces, and I'm aiming for Rathalos and Agnaktor armour. I like to collect equipment lol.
  • Ketchy KechKetchy Kech RAZALASH Joined: Posts: 862
    I have this on my psp and I love it. I'm defiantly going to pick this game up after my finals. cheers
    || MvC3: Ironman, Tron, Super Skrull || SSF4 v.2012: Guy || || BB CSII: Tsubaki Yayoi ||
    || UMvC3: R. Raccoon, Dr. Strange, Ryu || 3SOE: Elena || SkullGirls: Painwheel / Double (?) || *

:) good to see more and more people join us :)
    I am still happy that SSF4 found me last week :) we had good time on MHTri
    I almost use 90% of my time to play MHTri but SSF4 now lol
    Just got to HR13 and it is getting really fun now :)

Name: Azarni
    I have this on my psp and I love it. I'm defiantly going to pick this game up after my finals. cheers

I know what you mean man, this game is worth every penny and the online play on is just superb
    Just got to HR13 and it is getting really fun now :)

lol I just got to HR5, I'll post my info later
    Those were some good hunts the other day Nine Life Cat.

Regarding playing SSF4... havent played it much since i got it on release day because i enjoy MH way to much ...and hate how Gen lost several important tools, with apparently insufficient additions to compensate (still waiting on freaks to find out the next "MK. hands" haha).

Anyways, i continue to try to add ppl from this thread to MH friends list, but only managed to find Nine Life Cat online recently.
    yeah lol I found my self enjoy MH much much more than SSF4, SSF4 required more time in training and target combo with timings now. I am not crying for the change but MH is just more fun to play with friend online even you might not know who you play with.
    I usually wake up and turn on my xbox 360 for one to two rounds of SF4 online play and now it became MH for a quick quest lol it pumps me up for the whole day!
    Lets play some more this weekend xOriginalx13! what is your HR now? we need to fight some bigger monster lol lately I am trying to play some offline to make some better weapon :) since I can't go to Volcano in online mode yet O_O
  • Thabounce33Thabounce33 Get down or Lay down Joined: Posts: 352
    This game is insanely addicting, hit HR32 last night and im on the [advanced] quests now! Im loving the Jhen Mohran fight! Ill post my info up in alil bit for anyone down to kill stuff!
    " If yall fresh ta death, then im deceased.."

BISHOP FOR MvC3!!
  • nasirnasir Whup dat ass. Joined: Posts: 511 mod
    Hey guys
    HR 23 , working thru 5* offloine.

ID 6TFAB4,
    nasir: Nasir

we also have an IRC channel on EFNET #srkmh3

come hang out/idle with us. we need more people
    Thanks to Quiche for the whupass avatar
    Tatsu: i trapped myself today http://tinyurl.com/mnprjp
    Tatsu: i was like wtf. who is that girl in the bottom left?? and i was like oh fuck
  • nasirnasir Whup dat ass. Joined: Posts: 511 mod
    Thanks to Quiche for the whupass avatar
    Tatsu: i trapped myself today http://tinyurl.com/mnprjp
    Tatsu: i was like wtf. who is that girl in the bottom left?? and i was like oh fuck
  • EndlessEndless Death Before Dishonour Joined: Posts: 2,021
    How do you level up HR?
    I'm still a noob at this game, hahah
    Hey guys
    HR 23 , working thru 5* offloine.

ID 6TFAB4,
    nasir: Nasir

we also have an IRC channel on EFNET #srkmh3

come hang out/idle with us. we need more people

Oh awesome
    How do you level up HR?
    I'm still a noob at this game, hahah

Your HR (Hunter Rank) goes up as you do online quests whether if your doing them by yourself or with other people, when your HR goes up it opens up more quests for you which then allows you to go newer tougher areas, get better materials, make better weapons/armor etc, boss runs/capture quests tend to be the fastest ways to make your HR go up so as long as your with a good crew it should never really be an issue

here's my info, I'm about HR lvl 8

ID: XP9NIT
    Name: Eve Nifl
    I'm only at about HR13. I kinda get carried away farming for stuff in games like this.. have been doing it offline mostly. If i'm not playing MH this weekend its probably cuz im letting my younger bro get his fix on it lol...

a couple questions:
    1.Anyone know if there is a trick to beating Jhen moran?
    2.any SRK thread yet for MH IDs ?
  • KitoriKitori おーほほほほ Joined: Posts: 864
    man HM tri seems like a half assed beta compared to monster hunter unite.

BUT its still MH so it's still fun :woot:

if anyone has a computer next to their Wii on the ventrilo in my signature we have a few SRK members there that already play MH tri when they are not up for SSF4. Hop on if you can as it is always better to be screaming at each other on mics then typing shit out.
    Twitch Stream: http://bit.ly/HiYCld
    1.Anyone know if there is a trick to beating Jhen moran?
    2.any SRK thread yet for MH IDs ?[/QUOTE]

for the first question, I haven't get a chance to fight Jhen moran yet O_O but from my history knowledge with MH with PSP
    The best way is with either +fire or +dragon weapon with bombs.

And I changed the first post as a MH ID thread now :) keep it coming everyone :)
    I almost check this thread everyday, so send me your MH ID!
  • KorigamaKorigama 所在無い Joined: Posts: 547
    Name: Rin
    ID: ZXFRWV

Still not online much yet, but there it is.
    KoF XIII // Kula/Iori/Mature | 3S // Dudley (SA I) | TvC // Saki/Tekkaman Blade | BB // Tsubaki, Noel, Valkenhayn | MvC3 // Dante/X-23/Amaterasu