Monster Hunter Tri anyone?

Comments

• Nine life catNine life cat Joined: Posts: 34
    yeah lol I found my self enjoy MH much much more than SSF4, SSF4 required more time in training and target combo with timings now. I am not crying for the change but MH is just more fun to play with friend online even you might not know who you play with.
    I usually wake up and turn on my xbox 360 for one to two rounds of SF4 online play and now it became MH for a quick quest lol it pumps me up for the whole day!
    Lets play some more this weekend xOriginalx13! what is your HR now? we need to fight some bigger monster lol lately I am trying to play some offline to make some better weapon :) since I can't go to Volcano in online mode yet O_O
  • Thabounce33Thabounce33 Get down or Lay down Joined: Posts: 352
    This game is insanely addicting, hit HR32 last night and im on the [advanced] quests now! Im loving the Jhen Mohran fight! Ill post my info up in alil bit for anyone down to kill stuff!
    " If yall fresh ta death, then im deceased.."

BISHOP FOR MvC3!!
  • nasirnasir Whup dat ass. Joined: Posts: 511 mod
    Hey guys
    HR 23 , working thru 5* offloine.

ID 6TFAB4,
    nasir: Nasir

we also have an IRC channel on EFNET #srkmh3

come hang out/idle with us. we need more people
    Thanks to Quiche for the whupass avatar
    Tatsu: i trapped myself today http://tinyurl.com/mnprjp
    Tatsu: i was like wtf. who is that girl in the bottom left?? and i was like oh fuck
  • nasirnasir Whup dat ass. Joined: Posts: 511 mod
    Thanks to Quiche for the whupass avatar
    Tatsu: i trapped myself today http://tinyurl.com/mnprjp
    Tatsu: i was like wtf. who is that girl in the bottom left?? and i was like oh fuck
  • EndlessEndless Death Before Dishonour Joined: Posts: 2,023
    How do you level up HR?
    I'm still a noob at this game, hahah
  • krazykone123krazykone123 4D Joined: Posts: 2,848
    Hey guys
    HR 23 , working thru 5* offloine.

ID 6TFAB4,
    nasir: Nasir

we also have an IRC channel on EFNET #srkmh3

come hang out/idle with us. we need more people

Oh awesome
    How do you level up HR?
    I'm still a noob at this game, hahah

Your HR (Hunter Rank) goes up as you do online quests whether if your doing them by yourself or with other people, when your HR goes up it opens up more quests for you which then allows you to go newer tougher areas, get better materials, make better weapons/armor etc, boss runs/capture quests tend to be the fastest ways to make your HR go up so as long as your with a good crew it should never really be an issue

here's my info, I'm about HR lvl 8

ID: XP9NIT
    Name: Eve Nifl
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I'm only at about HR13. I kinda get carried away farming for stuff in games like this.. have been doing it offline mostly. If i'm not playing MH this weekend its probably cuz im letting my younger bro get his fix on it lol...

a couple questions:
    1.Anyone know if there is a trick to beating Jhen moran?
    2.any SRK thread yet for MH IDs ?
  • KitoriKitori おーほほほほ Joined: Posts: 864
    man HM tri seems like a half assed beta compared to monster hunter unite.

BUT its still MH so it's still fun :woot:

if anyone has a computer next to their Wii on the ventrilo in my signature we have a few SRK members there that already play MH tri when they are not up for SSF4. Hop on if you can as it is always better to be screaming at each other on mics then typing shit out.
    Twitch Stream: http://bit.ly/HiYCld
    1.Anyone know if there is a trick to beating Jhen moran?
    2.any SRK thread yet for MH IDs ?[/QUOTE]

for the first question, I haven't get a chance to fight Jhen moran yet O_O but from my history knowledge with MH with PSP
    The best way is with either +fire or +dragon weapon with bombs.

And I changed the first post as a MH ID thread now :) keep it coming everyone :)
    I almost check this thread everyday, so send me your MH ID!
  • KorigamaKorigama 所在無い Joined: Posts: 547
    Name: Rin
    ID: ZXFRWV

Still not online much yet, but there it is.
    KoF XIII // Kula/Iori/Mature | 3S // Dudley (SA I) | TvC // Saki/Tekkaman Blade | BB // Tsubaki, Noel, Valkenhayn | MvC3 // Dante/X-23/Amaterasu
  • Ketchy KechKetchy Kech RAZALASH Joined: Posts: 862
    just ordered this game, it has shipped =).

Why ppl hating on it? :( MH Unite is good, but does this really pale in comparison? ....hmmm...

anyhow, i got the wii black classic controller to go with it :O
    || MvC3: Ironman, Tron, Super Skrull || SSF4 v.2012: Guy || || BB CSII: Tsubaki Yayoi ||
    || UMvC3: R. Raccoon, Dr. Strange, Ryu || 3SOE: Elena || SkullGirls: Painwheel / Double (?) || *

• FreezerBFreezerB Joined: Posts: 1,343
    Name: FreezerB
    ID: 7EKWX7

I'm away from my Wii right now and I'm pretty undergeared. I think I stopped at Switch Axe and Rheno set. I have to do the Gobul urgent quest and I'm kinda intimidated by it since Barroth took a while for me with my gear.

Haven't been online yet besides to compare it to the PS2 version I used to fiend.
    <Toodles> Seven boards assembled. All popped in and tested. All seven with the IC soldered on backwards.
  • prezprez Power made Flesh Joined: Posts: 186
    Hi Im HR 32 SnS / LS user MH tri is keeping me away from SSF4 >< be kool to play with some srk members

Name: Prez
    ID : HXEDAN
    PSN: Imajinn
  • SugaFreeSugaFree NAW SON Joined: Posts: 1,348
    just ordered this game, it has shipped =).

Why ppl hating on it? :( MH Unite is good, but does this really pale in comparison? ....hmmm...

Unite had more monsters and armor than Tri does. I hear that the next one (Portable 3rd) is going to feature Tri monsters too.

Anyway, I am HR 31 now, still looking for some Rathalos pieces. Shame that there isn't a Rathalos quest on 4 stars.

• HvEHvE Sidebet LIVE? Joined: Posts: 823 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    prez noooooooooo
    HvE's stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hveq
    [mtler] 4:09 pm: mike how about you post this on srk:
    [MTLSF]: mtler has left at 4:09 pm
    yeah I just got to HR 31 too :) a lot things to do O_O need more money and more farming >_>
    Not much time to play Monster Hunter Tri already and haven't even touch my both SSF4 on PS3 and XBOX360 for two weeks already O_O;;;;;
    I want to play Guy more >_> and make his stronger >_<;;; but still ... I think I will still play MHTri for other full week until I really get tired of the farming >_>
    And for all the information go Monster Hunter Wiki (Just google it) it has all the old and new info about Monster Hunter.
    Lets go Hunting!
  • Arkayne17Arkayne17 Stop it meg. Joined: Posts: 2,857
    Need wii so I can get Monster Hunter... BAWWW
    @ArtofArkayne
    Character Designer / Concepter Artist / Illustrator
    I love farming....you can call me Chinese, but I blame my love of farming on Ragnarok Online....the game was a horrendous grind, that made players so crazy that they come to enjoy it !!

Anyways, this is long overdue...Ill be playing this monday for first time, hit ya'll with my info then ~
    || MvC3: Ironman, Tron, Super Skrull || SSF4 v.2012: Guy || || BB CSII: Tsubaki Yayoi ||
    || UMvC3: R. Raccoon, Dr. Strange, Ryu || 3SOE: Elena || SkullGirls: Painwheel / Double (?) || *

I love farming....you can call me Chinese, but I blame my love of farming on Ragnarok Online....the game was a horrendous grind, that made players so crazy that they come to enjoy it !!

Anyways, this is long overdue...Ill be playing this monday for first time, hit ya'll with my info then ~

yes :) more MH fan! :) hey Kech good to see you here, I read some of your post before because I am a Guy lover too lol post your name and ID when you can I will update it on the first page :)
    yes :) more MH fan! :) hey Kech good to see you here, I read some of your post before because I am a Guy lover too lol post your name and ID when you can I will update it on the first page :)

hehe thanks cat!! will do~!!!

• OverclockedOverclocked Classic Joined: Posts: 116
    Yo lets go i just got this game and its sickk PM if u wana play some of this.
    So yeah my Wii doesn't read disc's anymore (this is my second Wii by the way) so I can't play Monster Hunter Tri anymore, and I obliviously can't copy my data to a SD card since it's write protected or whatever

obligatory response
    OMG O_O that sucks ... I am so sorry to hear that ....
  • EffenhoogEffenhoog fish are friends Joined: Posts: 1,516
    If you soft mod your Wii you can transfer the files
    They call me Gamma Ray because I'm Forward Back Forward Back Down-Back Down Down-Forward Forward Hard Slash
    If you soft mod your Wii you can transfer the files

I'm trying to but I'm having a lot of trouble trying to get this crap to boot up, gonna go look for a youtube Tut or somethin'
    Hey just got this a lil while ago and like HR 10.....I'm still learning but It's alot of fun

Name: Ketchy
    ID: 7BZ23M

Hit me up on SRK, or send me a message on Tri, hope to play with you all!

You finally update your infomation here Ketchy O_O I have been checking everyday.
    argh freaking Rathalos and Diablos are so hard
    I'm using GS, still playing offline

And I've killed/captured almost 15 Rathians and STILL no Rathian Plate
    :mad:
    lol usually you have to kill them about 100 times to get one :)
  • SleazoidSleazoid Joined: Posts: 4,744
    Getting any material of any sort is at least 20 times easier than trying to get that perfect 2 slot Evade+7 charm lol
  • ~rh~rh ice prince . Joined: Posts: 1,392
    I'm about to pick this up.

Can you use either the classic controller and the GC controller, or just the Classic controller? Cause I might as well pick up a classic controller while I'm out if I can't use a Gamecube controller.
  • SleazoidSleazoid Joined: Posts: 4,744
    GCN controller doesn't work.
    Got my Wii and ready to play hunter with srk folks.

Im not a newbie hunter im a veteran been playing MH since PS2. Ill drop my info later about to go pick up my copy of tri.
    @ArtofArkayne
  • ~rh~rh ice prince . Joined: Posts: 1,392
    GCN controller doesn't work.

Ok. I picked up a Classic Controller anyways. Thanks.

I'm digging this game so far. I need to hop online soon...
    AQURGD! Is my code hit me up for hunting folks.
    @ArtofArkayne
    Ok, after capturing about 25 Rathians, I got my plate.

Any advice on killing Rathalos or Diablos quicker and taking less damage?
    Ok, my online stuff

VMT
    N51LGA
    Just hit HR 20

I've been maining Bowgun, most of the time....but just recently switched over to GS...very fun, and im getting the hang of it!

We have to start some kind of SRK group thing, let's build a clique of sorts =)

Try to bring Dragon+ weapon for Rathalos and also traps with flash bomb, two trap is good enough because after second time on each trap they get off really fast. Flash bomb is more useful, use it when Rathalos flying in the air and shooting fire ball, facing the same direction he is shooting at the throw flash bomb right under or a little behind him. 100% easy way to get him drop from the sky. He will get out of dizziness fast each time, but if he drop from the sky, it always a bonus time. cut tail or break parts all yours! Diablos, best weapon is ice lance or team member with hammer to take his stamina down fast, it will slow him down and fall easier, but the most important is to bring sonic bomb. use it when he dig into the ground, however, you need to remember, don't use it when he get mad, it wouldn't work and you will just wasted your sonic bomb. The best part is, every time you trap him with bomb, it seems always trap him in the sand for the same amount of the time. and one more tip, get him crash into objects will make him stuck with his horn in there, good time to him them for free! not working after you break both horn.
    And everyone's information is updated!
    I am HR 50 now btw :)