New Hampshire: The Sessions...Return of Salt Mines Starts 1/15/13

NewBloodNewBlood Mika BoyzJoined: Posts: 945
edited March 2013 in Atlantic North
SaltMine.jpg

Salt Mines returns in a more streamlined form of casual sessions. Bi-weekly casuals will be held at my place in Salem, NH running from 6-11, with possibility of extended time. Every second session will be a trip to a venue in Mass, likely GU (Game Underground for the uninformed) for the sake of competition and of course leveling up. Session dates below are broken into two parts Apartment session and GU session. Choose your preference to attend and show up, simple as that!

Upcoming Apartment Sessions: March 12,

Upcoming GU Sessions: March 8, March 22

Hit us up at the link below for updates, events and don't forget to introduce yourself on the forums!

Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/events/282010785213027/
(will be updated 3/26/2013 with event info)
Post edited by NewBlood on
The World is Lucky.

Despite How Much I Hate The World, I Have Decided To Mend It Rather Than Destroy It.

-Koko Hekmatyar

Comments

• komradekraigkomradekraig Joined: Posts: 634
    I'll be there at 6. Also, I hit up the training room pretty hard in BB this week so all my skills are back... and more frightening than ever. Hoping to see some more new faces tonight.
  • wupwuh1134wupwuh1134 Joined: Posts: 19
    Granted it's been a while since I've played Blazblue, SFIV, and I just picked up Tekken 6 I am making the drive out. Fighting games and Chinese food ftw. Looking forward to meeting people.
  • XDaiKonXXDaiKonX Joined: Posts: 461
    Excited for tonight, it's on ps3 right?
    Anyone have a pad i could use?
    Buffalo Casuals and Weekly Ranbats. HQ 60fps 1500kbs stream. Saturdays 5pm-Whenever.
    http://www.justin.tv/celestein
    Anyone have a pad i could use?

I got a pad you can use, Daikon. There will be a couple arcade sticks if you wanna try em out too. Also, wupwuh, the food is actually made-to-order so you will not be disappointed.. I'm actually getting hungry right now.
    Also, i doubt it, but do you guys know if 5 Dragons has WiFi? Haha, i have a marketing paper due tomorrow, and planned on bringing my laptop to work on it a little bit.
    Buffalo Casuals and Weekly Ranbats. HQ 60fps 1500kbs stream. Saturdays 5pm-Whenever.
    Ugh, that was a long, frustrating, and fruitless trip. I could not find the damn place.
    I drove up and down canal street, but could not find 5 dragons. Aye :|
  • RomesRomes Joined: Posts: 18
    Damn, I'm sorry man.

We were all wondering about you last night too. I wish we exchanged cell numbers ahead of time.
  • N00btr0n1mat1caN00btr0n1mat1ca Maybe Next Patch ! Joined: Posts: 385
    Hey guys thanks for hosting me and my buddies blanka ball throwing drunk asses :P had soem fun and such....Let me know if any of you guys wanna get soem casuals online or in NH this weekend, I think im goign to Wallcade on saturday (or to see Ted Leo) but if not im down for gettign together !
    GNMC/House Of Stevens
    Any tips on where the place is? I did see 1 chinese restaurant, but it didn't say 5 Dragons so i didn't bother checking it out. Ugh :|
  • NewBloodNewBlood Mika Boyz Joined: Posts: 945
    Any tips on where the place is? I did see 1 chinese restaurant, but it didn't say 5 Dragons so i didn't bother checking it out. Ugh :|

Hey Daikon, Sorry you were unable to make it last night. It can be a little tough to get to at first:sweat:. It is right off Canal st as you mentioned and if you hit main st you know you've gone too far. As a matter of fact the plaza housing the restaurant (among other shops and stores) is RIGHT before you hit the end of Canal st (going onto main st). The sign is a little hard to see but its there and its next to a nail salon if that helps at all. On google there is also a picture of the front of the plaza so that you can get a better idea of what you are looking for.

Noobtr0n, we really appreciated you and your friend making the trip out. It was good to get a taste of a higher level of competition. We will announce whether we are doing the $1 tournaments for the 22nd by next week. We had a lot of people missing but it was still a good time (thursdays can be a little difficult for people) but nonetheless its heading in the right direction so any help in spreading the word about what we are building will only be beneficial to all involved.

As for this weekend, My Sunday is wide open, but my sticks haven't been replaced yet since being stolen. So if you got an extra stick, pad or whatever I am definitely down for rounds on Sunday. Stay cool people and get hype SUPER is right around the corner...:rock:
    The World is Lucky.

Despite How Much I Hate The World, I Have Decided To Mend It Rather Than Destroy It.

-Koko Hekmatyar

As for this weekend, My Sunday is wide open, but my sticks haven't been replaced yet since being stolen. So if you got an extra stick, pad or whatever I am definitely down for rounds on Sunday. Stay cool people and get hype SUPER is right around the corner...:rock:

Yeah sunday def works for me, ill message you my number if you want it, and you can come to the crib on sunday and well get rounds, as for the pads/stick im sure we can def work something out

and thats goes for NH kids in the salem area (nash & Manchincluded) kids in genreal, if you want to get down let me knwo ill hiost a gathering on sunday
    GNMC/House Of Stevens
    I am good to go man. PM me the info and I will make my way over tomorrow.
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

also, I talked to phil, he said we have some options for 5 dragons game night. if more people could do it, we could make it tuesday. he also said we could do every week. something to think about.
    also, I talked to phil, he said we have some options for 5 dragons game night. if more people could do it, we could make it tuesday. he also said we could do every week. something to think about.

That's awesome news Kom! I will start making the SSF4 flyers for the Play N Trade and will show you what I come up with once they are done. Any suggestions about what should be included or if someone also wants to make their own we will go with the best two. Secondly I will talk to Phil via facebook to see what those options are in detail and let him know some of the ideas we have been bouncing around. If we are going to be able to make 5 Dragons weekly and on Tuesday than there is no reason to move the venue which saves quite a bit of work.
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

Alright people's Thursday night is on and for those who don't know this will most likely become weekly within the next couple of weeks. Logistics are being worked out for the release of Super. See you all there!
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

I will try to make it out to this (had a blast last time), but I just got back from vacation and am suffering some serious jet lag.
    I'm sure delicious chinese and intense battles will give you the energy to soldier on... though you may pass out on the drive back to Maine.

I'll be there but I'll be a little late. Got my setup with me though. should show up before 8.
  • inthestointhesto Guilty what? Joined: Posts: 151
    I should really check this forum more often.

I dunno how often I'll be able to make it out since I just started a job that's all night shifts, but I'll post when it looks like my schedule is clear.
    @Wuhpuh: Whenever you can make it to the event would be great. I know the drive is ridiculous for you so don't worry about it. We will keep posting up with updates so just let us know! It was great to have you there a couple of weeks ago.

@Komerade: Keep the DustLoop guys in the loop (no pun intended)

@inthesto: Where ya been man?! Long time no talk, but hopefully you will check us out soon as the night and time will most likely change in May to a more convenient time and day for everyone. Again logistics still being worked out given everyone's schedules. Always the goal to level up and continue to have consistent numbers.

We had about 5 new players attend this past week; cool peeps (bad with names) but a shout out to them for coming and looking forward to seeing them at the next event. I also wanted to let everyone know that as of this week I will be hosting at my place during the off weeks Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays, let me know what works best for you all. I'm in Salem so it's not a horrible drive at all. For this week though i'll put out a time and collect a head count so PM me or post up if you can make it...It's SUPER week after all.

Lastly to those who haven't been able to attend or check us out: The events are a lot more organized than they sound lol. If your interested I highly suggest posting about your intention to come and we will gladly accomodate!

48 hours until Super! At least those of us who didn't grab it from 7 Eleven =(
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

Sorry for the long delay in posting up any happenings, been in the lab with my boy Cody. A last minute invite to those in the Salem area or beyond, I am hosting tonight and have a few players stopping by for rounds tonight before Dragons on Thursday. If interested give a shout cause its looking like a good time! This will be a regular weekly meeting on Tuesdays so let me know ahead of time so I can get food, beer etc. I will keep posted if anything changes. Regardless hope everyone's discovering some new stuff characters new and old have some very interesting things going on! Dragons should be very exciting this Thursday so look forward to it!
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

I'm bummed about 5 dragons this thursday. I don't know if i'll be able to get there. My kickball game starts at like 7:15 this week so I'd be there preeeeeetty late if I showed up. So, you may be down a setup, guys. just sayin.
    So how many heads are we talking tonight, speak up if yoru gonna be there....I wanna see whats good, also whats a good time to show i work 3 minutes from there and im outta work at 4-430 latest, also....my sticks at home :( so with all this being said can anybody shine some god damn light on me....also I hope we will be playing super and not just BLUE....... :/

BRING YOUR VINEGAR PEOPLE CAUSE SHITS GONNA GET SALTY :P
    GNMC/House Of Stevens
    Yeah, i'm out for tonight. Can't make it.
    I can't make it either. No surprise there
    Well... n00b is sending me threatening pms so... maybe. wouldn't be there before 8:30 probably.
  • RomesRomes Joined: Posts: 18
    I heard you guys kept it alive until 12:30AM

GOOD SHIT!
    Yea man it was good times. Phil had to cut out and there went our last tv so we had to call it otherwise we would have been there a lot longer. I was definitely diggin the arcade style ONE setup lol. Sigh, back to the lab with Ibuki, seems like everyone is starting to level up nicely. Shout out to Noob for the drinks and harsh playstyle critiques, we need it. Tuesday nights at the Salt Mines (my place:rock:) will be commencing again next week. Let me know who is coming through and we can arrange for more PS3 setups depending on how many people are showing up. We learned quite a bit with the last session so the weekly pace will certainly continue. GG and fuck yo T.Hawk Komrade!
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

Phil told me that he basically had the most fun in a long time this past thursday. He also said that he has banned himself from using any stick other than his own due to him actually loosening up several of my buttons. So now i've gotten open that pig up and tighten em. no harm though.

GGs indeed. Place was hype. And if you cant handle my hawk now, newblood... you just wait until i get my spire antics down. I'm getting some sneaky 720 buffers going.
    Lol @ Phil's jackhammer tactics on the stick. I really haven't laughed that hard in years! Ahem...fuck yo Hawk Kraig. I sent a love letter to capcom thanking them for raping Ibuki's command normals which were HUGE for her game in third strike so I am having a really hard time with the transition. But no excuses since I don't think I could produce more salt than I already have over the issue. I'll get your T.Hawk, it'll just take some time. While i'm at it fuck yo Ryu Noobtron and a special fuck yo Blanka to Daikon. Something's in that Buffalo water that I need to drink...that is all.
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

peep all those sonic hurricane ssf4 combos. i think every day has at least 1 ibuki combo. I cannot wait to see you tear it up with those stun combos and such. and i can't wait to 720 you out of them when you drop one (that will teach you to execute...). Ii'll get my miner's hat so i can enter the salt mine on tuesday...
    Just a reminder that the SaltMine Tuesdays weekly gathering is on for tomorrow at 5:30(there are enough threads up so it doesn't need one of its own). Some of you have already let me know your coming through so if anyone else will be coming to my place please PM or post so I can get you the address. We played till almost 1am last time with plenty of beer and food to go around, so don't worry if you can't make it until later. Keep on keepin on and let the salt fly!
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

Awesome session last night to all that came and shout out to Wuhwuh for coming all the way from Maine! As usual learned quite a bit and can definitely see the improvements. With the salt mines running weekly its making 5 Dragons night even better and more competitive. Those who missed this week or are interested just PM me or post and ill send the address and phone number (in case you get lost) for next Tuesdays Salt Mine event. Romes, callin out your Blanka for next week, bring that shit!
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

I had a blast at the ol Salt Mine! Thanks to NewBlood for hosting and the great commentary. "Who's king of the skies now, birdman?" Learned a lot from n00b and komradekraig. Definitely looking forward to next week.
    OMG dude, I almost died when he said the birdman comment ! you saw thats shit was as painful as it was funny, Guile does shut down those skies :P, It was nice meeting you man, another great comment "Uh my name is BEN!" bwhahaha anyhooww If we can get one a week well have a core group of poeple to level up with, and be aware you guys GUY will be coming next week my friends :) looking foward to tuesday !
    GNMC/House Of Stevens
    "Who's king of the skies now, birdman?"

Yep. I got shut down hard. and tuesday night commentary was in rare form. The other fantastic part was when timmy hawk straight up kicked that little ninja girl's puny kunai out of the air. i think it symbolically broke newblood's heart. next week should be hot. I wanna start branching out to some new characters a bit so i'll be hitting up the trials soon.
    [quote= i wanna start branching out to some new characters a bit so i'll be hitting up the trials soon.[/quote]

guy!!!!
    GNMC/House Of Stevens
    [quote= i wanna start branching out to some new characters a bit so i'll be hitting up the trials soon.[/quote]

guy!!!!
    GNMC/House Of Stevens
    Glad you guys enjoyed! The utter lack of respect for Ibuki's kunai aside, if I have another throw tech night like I did this past tuesday I am definitely chaning my name to "throw tech." Definitely getting better and I can see why we don't see guile often, but sooner rather than later noob you are going to have to use him more to keep up muwhahaha!! Rough match for T. Hawk though, looking forward to seeing what you can do to get out of the crazy zoning tactics next week Kraig. And for the love of god can someone get Dan's ass in the Mine next week he is missing out. Not so sure about Cody anymore...that boys wake up if piss weak...feel more comfortable on wake up with Gouken (that should tell you something). Ah well training mode gentleman, bring your A game cause it's about to get serious.
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

I should be able to get some practice in for a bit this weekend and monday but I'm a bit low on time. I'm probably gonna see if I can do some things with Guy (cause he does own the skies and execution is really just the issue) and Deejay (I just feel like I should be able to play a typical charge character and he intrigues me with his pressure) and then I'll work on a secret weapon in... you know, secret. And you guys won't see that for a while. I got plans and I'm gonna have to work hard on that one!

Hawk doesn't have wakeup options outside of ex either. Cody may at least be able to zonk knuckle some stuff, right? Also, blocking is a great wakeup tool. and everybody can do it. just sayin.
    kraig your priceless, GU is holding a tourny in sommerville on sunday i say we rally the mines (3 or 4 of us) and go test the waters !
    GNMC/House Of Stevens
    go get em! i can't go. but you guys go make it happen. i'm shooting for wallcade at the end of the month.
    Not exactly sure where are all of this GUY love is coming from (lame version of Ibuki if you ask me) with a horrible jump, and weak target combos (again compared to Ibuki). getting your execution down is great but I had a pretty easy time with guy and the shenanigans were very easy to escape. Admittedly with more time in the training room that could change, but all of my characters eat him for free right now...just my opinion. Regardless its nice to see our mains all in B+ range but then again tiers are pretty dumb and the senseless need to categorize everything is silly to me.
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

I like the idea of Guy much more than how he actually plays. He's fun to use but man... he's not gonna be useful. know what i mean? I'm still prowling through the roster to find some other peeps.
  • HEY-NOWHEY-NOW Joined: Posts: 36
    Hey guys I'm new around here. Wanted to check out the 5 dragons thing you got going on. Worst comes to worst I can always just get shitfaced at the bar lol. When is it and I hope I'm welcome. I've been grinding away at Abel and really want to get better.
    mortalkombatunited.com
    Thanks for posting up; the next event would be SaltMines (at my place in Salem) this Tuesday at 6pm. We have been playing as late as 2am lately so you will definitely get plenty of rounds in with a variety of matchups. This Thursday will also be 5 Dragons so bring your stick (controller whatever you got) and get ready. Last but not least...welcome! We are pretty crazy, talk a lot of shit and enjoy alcohol all pre-requisites for playing fighters in the first place so im sure you won't have a problem fitting in. So please let me know who is down for the Mines this Tuesday. Kraig's on Food and Drink duty this week:p
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

• richardorichardo Joined: Posts: 221
    Hey guys, I'm going to try to make it to the restaurant this Thursday. I have a friend who plays a bit of BB and SF and we want to check it out. See you there.
  • capsuletoycocapsuletoyco BRAD KAIN! Joined: Posts: 540
    Hey guys, I'm going to try to make it to the restaurant this Thursday. I have a friend who plays a bit of BB and SF and we want to check it out. See you there.

that being said, anyone have directions from rt 3 coming from the manchester area? just so i can get a general idea of where the place is.
    Hey-Now, new people are always welcome (and the 5 dragons can make a good drink--just ask n00b). No need to be afeared. Looking forward to meeting everybody (and I'll remind the dudes from dustloop to actually bring a power cord this time for their setup). Looks like we'll have some good numbers for ssf4, bb, and brawl/melee this week.

5 Dragons is at 28 Railroad Sq, Nashua NH. Go here for google map directions with a street view facing the building.

And yeah, I'm on food+beverage duty for the saltmines tomorrow. 6 is the start time? man, what am i supposed to do when I get out of work at 4:30? n00b, if your car is still dead hit me up with a text and I'll get you on my way down.
  • inthestointhesto Guilty what? Joined: Posts: 151
    I'm posting in here to remind myself to show up tomorrow.
    Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to make it to the mines this week. Damn work. 5 Dragons on Thursday is looking pretty good for me so far though.