New Hampshire: The Sessions...Return of Salt Mines Starts 1/15/13

Comments

• NewBloodNewBlood Mika Boyz Joined: Posts: 945
    Wow I feel like shit right now, maybe I should have considered going to bed before coming to work sigh. Marvel is already ruining my life:oops:.

-So Nemesis is a pretty cool character
    -Lovin me some bows and arrows though, Hawkeye is amazing!!!!!!
    -IronFist...:tdown::tdown::tdown:. Have fun with that IronFist hopefuls. Can't do much solo it seems, needs a whole team behind him, easily blocked since cr. L and cr. M dont hit low (????), slow ass overhead, dat launcher really?, can do nothing while airborne, but he hits like a truck! He is just a glitch away from being viable though;)
    so i'll be online tomorrow after my human resources class... so like after ten or so. probably gonna be hitting up some training and picking my swag colors, lol. need to get that nova popping and get some tricks going. i think i like the honeymoon phase of marvel the best.

don't forget. KOF13 NEXT WEEK, drool.

I pray to the Odinson that you at least find time to open the plastic on KOF, let alone know some combos!! Ooooooooooohhhhhhh shiiiit, Hold Dat, Malaaaay, Come at me bro, Pringles, Shots fired, Fraaaaay, Hokely Dokely!...:razzy:

If by "honeymoon phase" you mean all the ridiculous technology that comes out within the first 3 months then I am with you.
    I will be picking up UMvC3 after work at like 3 or 4, If i see any one on I will be joining the lobby\chat. Need to practice for Sat. so i dont look like a total bitch when i go, sooo see you all on later today.

Very excited to hit the "rematch" button over and over and over and over again this weekend!
    The World is Lucky.

Despite How Much I Hate The World, I Have Decided To Mend It Rather Than Destroy It.

-Koko Hekmatyar

• capsuletoycocapsuletoyco BRAD KAIN! Joined: Posts: 540
    so you didn't skip out on work, you're such a good kid!
    Nope but im planning on leaving early lol
    The World is Lucky.

Despite How Much I Hate The World, I Have Decided To Mend It Rather Than Destroy It.

-Koko Hekmatyar

• NeXus.NeXus. Joined: Posts: 94
    I'm curious to see you guys' teams for Marvel on Saturday. HYYYYYYYPE.
    Me too should be a great time. I want some godlike Essex food!
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

• VanerostVanerost Last Arc Joined: Posts: 239
    Ironfist is soooo drooooool. Been practicing with him as much as i can. Ironfist seems to do really well with a sent force assist.

Hit me up for them rematches
    He's ass.
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

Fellas, only a few more days to go, hope everyone is in the lab finding out cool stuff and ready to play Saturday. Not sure of the numbers but I look forward to hanging with whomever shows up. I didn't post where we would be in the other local forums since I figured most would be too lazy to make the drive just for some casuals, but please feel free to bring some friends that may be interested in coming or just spread the word. We can always organize ways for people to get back home if that is the barrier between anyone showing up or not, let me know.:tup:
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

Im an ass.

Ironfist will show u the power of chi.
  • richardorichardo Joined: Posts: 221
    i like ryu

edit

stay free tim

ps

looking forward to this weekend, guys.. I might pass on bringing my ps2 stuff because I doubt anyone will choose to play old shit over marvel.
    So yeah Vergil is good but it's waaaaaay too much work to get good damage in. I'm bringing my PS2 Rich so just bring the games if you want.
    vergil... too much work?

sorry that shits pretty funny
    the only thing that'll make my life complete is when i turn your health bar into a toilet seat..i want to P on you. yes i do, yes i do i P on you i piss on you iss on you iss on you.
    Ironfist will show u the power of chi.

We are all allowed to dream:lol:.
    So yeah Vergil is good but it's waaaaaay too much work to get good damage in. I'm bringing my PS2 Rich so just bring the games if you want.

Gotta disagree, SO MUCH DAMAGE!!:shake:.
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

I take back my initial thoughts about Sparda's lesser of the 2 sons, made for a few good laughs though.

At the moment I have 4 teams I wanna try out. Also just got home from Wal-Mart to get my Ultimate Marvel bible so I'm bringing that if you guys wanna check out the frame data and other shit.
    I take back my initial thoughts about Sparda's lesser of the 2 sons, made for a few good laughs though.

At the moment I have 4 teams I wanna try out. Also just got home from Wal-Mart to get my Ultimate Marvel bible so I'm bringing that if you guys wanna check out the frame data and other shit.

No local gamestops had it so bought it off line got it today. "Bible" is definitely the right word, thing is fucking huge! 4 teams?! Damn. I Only have one:sweat:, guess I can muster up another team to try but I found the one I am going to roll with real early:tup:.

Good games earlier Rich saw a lot of things about the changes and characters while playing. Wesker...(derp?). Stranges' launcher is probably the slowest thing I have seen in the game thus far. Magento still has it. Storm seems to be even better (faster?). Ironfist is fun (sssshhhhhhhh!!!). Despite my terrible use Thor feels complete.

Yo Kraig Yipes has a Nova guide up, check it out!
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

• Dusty FeetsDusty Feets Best in Maine Joined: Posts: 372
    Any decent stores around that hotel and is it in town? I got maybe 2-3 people coming along with me for gaming the whole night.
    Any decent stores around that hotel and is it in town? I got maybe 2-3 people coming along with me for gaming the whole night.

Awesome man, that sounds great! I don't know the area at all, if you mean food stores I'm sure they do. We will be making a trip to grab eats and what not through out the night.

I think I'm in love with Hawkeye...no homo (thanks Rich:tup:)
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

• bonggod1bonggod1 Joined: Posts: 23
    before I head out tomorrow can someone post the address and room # I thinkI have it already, just want2 make shur I got it before I head out tomorrow. Thanks
    Hampton Inn and Suites Exeter

59 Portsmouth Avenue, Exeter, NH 03833

(603) 658-5555
    http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/accommodations.jhtml?ctyhocn=MHTEXHX

Anytime after 3:30pm should be fine. 617 755 3830 is my number. Nick and Tim I am getting you guys; leaving my place at 130 tomm.
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

lol this place is too close. burritos within walking distance.. good choice. there's also a reeeeally good diner across the street from this place if u guys wanna get some grub in the morning. good hangover food (if you plan on getting crunk.. I love My Little Pony so much it hurts)
    Oh mah god based god, burritos and Marvel in one day? YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!
    So I am picking you all up tomorrow:D. We have the gents from maine coming as well, which is awesome! I am bringing my xbox and will utilize it on the TV already in the room. I hope we have at least two more full setups coming...:sweat: Otherwise there will be a lot of watching and not enough playing:oops:. Regardless I am looking forward to it guys. I'll be on tonight if people want to do some more character exploring in mvc or some matches in AE.
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

• bonggod1bonggod1 Joined: Posts: 23
    Thank u Newblood and Richardo and to all the peeps that went last night for a good time. Hopefully some more stuff like this in the future. See you guys on maybe later.
  • Dusty FeetsDusty Feets Best in Maine Joined: Posts: 372
    Good shit last night. I had a great time playing Marvel and I also loved getting to play KOFXIII early.
    hey someone left their jacket behind--lawrence has that shit. overall good times were had.. if we do it again, it will probably run longer.
    Thank u Newblood and Richardo and to all the peeps that went last night for a good time. Hopefully some more stuff like this in the future. See you guys on maybe later.

Shout Outs to you for making the time to come even though you have a lot of stuff going on, definitely appreciated man. That goes for everyone else who took time off or rearranged schedules to come out and show support for the fledgling community.
    Good shit last night. I had a great time playing Marvel and I also loved getting to play KOFXIII early.

Indeed that was quite the welcome surprise and the highlight of my weekend lol.
    hey someone left their jacket behind--lawrence has that shit. overall good times were had.. if we do it again, it will probably run longer.

-Indeed I have the jacket and will wash it.

Additional Shout Outs:
    *To super late night explosive diarrhea at fighter's den. God-like burrito 1; un-named victim 0
    *Maine players: Thanks for the good matches and please make sure to come again with more people! And stay longer!
    *Day -4 KOF 13 matches
    *Sleeping on the floor again lol and sweet chili dorritos for breakfast.
    *THE god like burrito. Seriously the most enjoyable burrito I think i have ever had and definitely worth driving to if not in the area. Fucking good!

-So looking ahead I would like to have another "Fighter's Den" in January. The room we had was great in terms of space and had enough room for more setups. Plus it was centrally located to everything you could want within walking distance. This should also be a better time for those who either chose not to come or couldn't this weekend.

-Anyone up for a 2012 edition of Salt Mines in December as well? And would a week day work for most people like the "old days"?
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

• komradekraigkomradekraig Joined: Posts: 634
    I'll be down for something in december for sure. I'm free monday nights fo sho. also, dat combofiend getting me all hype for more spencer. I was really surprised that he also played nemesis. ridiculous comebacks in grand finals that are easily worth the watch if you haven't seen them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J5EjfjYoX6c#!
    I didn't realize that his punch super isn't fully invincible anymore (10 points of super armor) and his health was adjusted (lowered) before release. He is a strong character for sure, but that means there is a lot of juice left to be discovered with him. I still don't buy combofiend sticking with him long term though. He hurts big time, but gets opened up huge before he can do anything also.
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

in honor of tomorrow: a gameplay vid of the console version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9Vw8LxJNFI&list=PLEAAA10A30BC2D802&index=1&feature=plpp_video

and a ridiculous combo video performed by the game's project manager featuring most every character doing a 100% (or near it) combo--very flashly:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkWclyTo7Gw&list=PLEAAA10A30BC2D802&index=2&feature=plpp_video
    I'll be down for something in december for sure. I'm free monday nights fo sho. also, dat combofiend getting me all hype for more spencer. I was really surprised that he also played nemesis. ridiculous comebacks in grand finals that are easily worth the watch if you haven't seen them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J5EjfjYoX6c#!

Too good, they should just retire the character in his name. He makes the other users of the character look below subpar, too smart and too good.
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

have fun getting owned by the combo system of kof 13 kraig, we all did.
    it's not THAT hard... it's just not SF4.
    have fun getting owned by the combo system of kof 13 kraig, we all did.

I will gladly enjoy the pain, have been since yesterday:D. Shout Outs to 24 hours early copy, stupid walmart employee...
    it's not THAT hard... it's just not SF4.

This. Street fighter is far more deliberate because of links. Its the muscle memory holding us back. Kraig may be better off since he never had to play a street fighter character that actually had to use combos...;)
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

loving kof13. gonna be spending time playing maxima, terry, and du lon to start. Once I finish my two research papers and my classes are over i'll be spending a good amount of time playing this game and i'll totally be willing to share all the info on at least these three characters to start. i'll planning to learn stuff with ryo and goro after those three. who are other people planning on playing? what dates are we thinking about for this weekday saltmine idea?
    God kof is screwin me over hardcore. I feel so scrubbish going back to these fighters after play mvc.

Im still experimenting with characters but i know beni and terry are confirmed for my team.
    God kof is screwin me over hardcore. I feel so scrubbish going back to these fighters after play mvc AND SF4.

Im still experimenting with characters but i know beni and terry are confirmed for my team.

Fixed it for you. It's not that hard if you sit down with it for a few hours. Marvel also helped me with the combos because I was delaying my inputs on normals thinking they had to be linked in order to cancel to special, which isn't the case.

Anyway Mature, Mai, King is my first team. Training up Leona, with interest in Elizabeth, and Yuri. Not a fan of the male characters in this game as you can tell especially fucking Terry:tdown:.

2,8 and 9 on the soundtrack are hot shit!
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

anyone know how to unlock colors yet
  • PWAfighterPWAfighter Joined: Posts: 151
    Street fighter 2 hyper fighting will be out into the floor this weekend ;)
    I added some more match videos to my new kof13--console youtube playlist here for those interested. It's pre-release with european players but most of them know what's up and are doing some good things--no big flashy combos but lots to show you what normals your character should be using when and good block strings/mixups. Lots of yuri, athena, vice, leona, clark (my god he looks good. I'm really thinking about running a big man team at some point of maxima, clark, daimon), and kyo with some mature, kula, kensou, chin, and elisbeth showing up as well. some of the stages are freakin amazing too.

I've noticed a lot of characters have to make choices concerning followups to specials and whether or not to do them. It sort of comes down to playstyle but it seems that If you do the followup you get extra damage but may be left further from the opponent or lose the ability for an ambiguous cross up or safe jump. very interesting stuff in this game.

if kensou's super fireball was any bigger i don't think it would even fit on my tv lol.

and lastly, get used to playing with the classic A, B, C, D method of the old SNK machines, peeps. No reason why any of us should have different control schemes for this game.