New Hampshire: The Sessions...Return of Salt Mines Starts 1/15/13

Comments

• NewBloodNewBlood Mika Boyz Joined: Posts: 945
    and lastly, get used to playing with the classic A, B, C, D method of the old SNK machines, peeps. No reason why any of us should have different control schemes for this game.

Why? This doesn't even make one ounce of sense...Not everyone plays that other 4 button game with "blue" in the title, just sayin:razzy: .

Seems like a lot of the game comes down to meter management (no different than street fighter there) and character order to utilize said meter. You are also at a disadvantage if you don't know HD combos since that's where the biggest damage is for most characters. Not too impressed by online, but acceptable if you really can't play locally i'd guess. AE still feels better online which isnt saying much. Makes me wonder why SNK didn't choose the GGPO route after seeing 3rd strike, for such an important game. No spectator mode either...Can't deny what's there though, is top notch.:tup:
    The World is Lucky.

Despite How Much I Hate The World, I Have Decided To Mend It Rather Than Destroy It.

-Koko Hekmatyar

• komradekraigkomradekraig Joined: Posts: 634
    i don't know, maybe every snk (or neogeo) machine you ever played on had the same exact layout? I was really just hoping we could have one game where we don't have to waste time with button checks. I think there's something to be said for maintaining that whole arcade flavor--but that's just me. BBs got nothing to do with it. kof is hopelessly cemented in my mind as games i played at an arcade as a kid. I cannot even fathom using another button layout than:
    B C D
    A
    that's right, i'm dismissing all other possibilities. besides, it's clearly the manliest button layout. :rock:

A lot of people are wondering why they went with the same netcode system they've had for years. most talk seems to think it's contractual or some sort of proprietary rights issue (they already developed this one so they'll be damned if they will scrap it).
    i don't know, maybe every snk (or neogeo) machine you ever played on had the same exact layout? I was really just hoping we could have one game where we don't have to waste time with button checks. I think there's something to be said for maintaining that whole arcade flavor--but that's just me. BBs got nothing to do with it. kof is hopelessly cemented in my mind as games i played at an arcade as a kid. I cannot even fathom using another button layout than:
    B C D
    A
    that's right, i'm dismissing all other possibilities. besides, it's clearly the manliest button layout. :rock:

A lot of people are wondering why they went with the same netcode system they've had for years. most talk seems to think it's contractual or some sort of proprietary rights issue (they already developed this one so they'll be damned if they will scrap it).

We have a lot of stuff to test out. I watched the levelup stream you told me about and it was really good. Where are the f'ing Kim players though???
    The World is Lucky.

Despite How Much I Hate The World, I Have Decided To Mend It Rather Than Destroy It.

-Koko Hekmatyar

• capsuletoycocapsuletoyco BRAD KAIN! Joined: Posts: 540
    you have to use each character 40 times in matches to unlock all color pallets for them
    yo, dan, big ups on the tourney--running that kof13 and getting those sponsors to toss in headsets and a pot bonus to pay out to the 4 through 8--I like that kind of incentive to give the runner ups the taste of the money and try to motivate the scene as we enter the new year. Sadly, i'm probably gonna be at some holiday party getting trashed and making fun of people's sweaters and stuff, lol. Also, where the EFF is winter at?

in other news, kof is the shizzle and i'm addicted. once my second research paper gets done i'm gonna be putting in time and then pulling off those hot hd combos with my bustawolf brother (OK!). also, the feeling of wanting to play like every character in the game is entirely new to me and it's awesome.
    yo, dan, big ups on the tourney--running that kof13 and getting those sponsors to toss in headsets and a pot bonus to pay out to the 4 through 8--I like that kind of incentive to give the runner ups the taste of the money and try to motivate the scene as we enter the new year. Sadly, i'm probably gonna be at some holiday party getting trashed and making fun of people's sweaters and stuff, lol. Also, where the EFF is winter at?

in other news, kof is the shizzle and i'm addicted. once my second research paper gets done i'm gonna be putting in time and then pulling off those hot hd combos with my bustawolf brother (OK!). also, the feeling of wanting to play like every character in the game is entirely new to me and it's awesome.

Thats all good, but did I mention you can't mash dp and no divekicks...
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

you did, but then you remembered that yuri has a divekick but it's way different so it's ok. yo, rich, who you playing in this thing these days? nick, you playing it at all?
  • richardorichardo Joined: Posts: 221
    i haven't played it all at lately

some day :tup:
    i haven't played it all at lately

some day :tup:

God dammit Rich:(
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

well my tv isnt that great for fighting games because i hate even the slightest input delay. i haven't been playing anything lately. maybe i should get one of the evo monitors.. then again i don't really care. maybe sf 2012 will reignite my passion for fighting games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or not... :eek:
    well my tv isnt that great for fighting games because i hate even the slightest input delay. i haven't been playing anything lately. maybe i should get one of the evo monitors.. then again i don't really care. maybe sf 2012 will reignite my passion for fighting games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or not... :eek:

God Dammit Rich!:(. Strange and Hulk make for interesting bed fellows....
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

• NeXus.NeXus. Joined: Posts: 94
    you did, but then you remembered that yuri has a divekick but it's way different so it's ok. yo, rich, who you playing in this thing these days? nick, you playing it at all?

I have no interest in KoF13.
    i like kof. i don't see myself playing much of anything fighting game wise in a few weeks because i'm ordering sengoku basara utage. going to freeze shit with kenshin.

need to go learn new vergil combos so i can kill hulk faster, just for you laurence. ^_- forget dante must die, we're playing hulk must die! i'm going to see how far i can go with this until my bitching is ignored.
    I have no interest in KoF13.

Not your fault dude, Atlus and SNK could have done much more to earn yours and other fighting gamer's dollars this winter. To appreciate it now you would have had to grown up with it, kinda like 3s, Darkstalkers etc. A shame since most will be missing out on a great game (sigh, like tekken).
    i like kof. i don't see myself playing much of anything fighting game wise in a few weeks because i'm ordering sengoku basara utage. going to freeze shit with kenshin.

need to go learn new vergil combos so i can kill hulk faster, just for you laurence. ^_- forget dante must die, we're playing hulk must die! i'm going to see how far i can go with this until my bitching is ignored.

LOL, It would be good to kill Hulk as fast as possible, but given the resources you would have to use in order to accomplish it (multiple bars, possibly xfactor) I'd be happy to see you do it every time. There is no derping to wins with Wesker without the red juice...

Plus ill probably have played a bit more by that time and have an actual anchor alleviating the two on three issue I had the other night;).
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

• toastedwigztoastedwigz Joined: Posts: 165
    Whats up yall, ltnc.

By chance are any of you selling a stick?

Also tourny in nh?
    [p2w]
    RIP nesn00b
    now that everything is out we need a saltmines people. also... dat kof. most fun game ever.
    norcal 5v5 round robin in kof starts
    it's like 7 parts filled with some hotness and different characters.
    hd combos just make me happy.
    no love for sd combos.........
    yo, possible saltmines tomorrow night? it's been so long :sad: sf is good again right?

i understand if it's too short of notice!

:confused:
    What's good people?! Time for updates. Since we are not very self-sustaining (given varying interests, life matters, etc), I'll be doing the normal trips to GU once again. Online is a terrible substitute for most games atm. I'll try to head down this Friday providing there is one with the impending holiday. If not, the following Friday will be the day. Per the norm post up if you have interest in going down.

Socal Regionals was hot (Go El Fuerte!!!). Lots of variety and great play. Random is good!
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

• VanerostVanerost Last Arc Joined: Posts: 239
    Sorry i havent posted in so long. Star wars the old republic is my life now. :swag:
    I'm opening my home to peeps for Friday Jan 6th as I've taken the day off and I won't have anything to do until I have to pick someone up at the airport saturday at 6pm. Games? GU? 4 player gundam? think about it.
    I'm opening my home to peeps for Friday Jan 6th as I've taken the day off and I won't have anything to do until I have to pick someone up at the airport saturday at 6pm. Games? GU? 4 player gundam? think about it.

I'm digging the 4 player Gundam idea as long as Burning Gundam is banned. That guy is broken.
    screen19copy.jpg

problem
    Sorry i havent posted in so long. Star wars the old republic is my life now. :swag:

Jesus dude you definitely don't like us at all man. How is Star Wars? I had no idea it was out already!!!!!! Fuuuuck
    screen19copy.jpg

problem

LMAO
    I'm digging the 4 player Gundam idea as long as Burning Gundam is banned. That guy is broken.

What you know about Crossbone Gundam son?! First and foremost we gotta learn how to play the fucking game lol. Dat PS3 pad mashing equated to nothing for me...Oh and no GU this Friday for me gots a party to attend. Next Friday fo' sho. Guy's lacing up the kicks again.
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

The second hit of Hulk’s “Anti Air Gamma Charge 2nd H” is no longer an untechable knockdown after 2 reps, so infinite combos are no longer possible

SERIOUSLY?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

i didn't know there were any balance changes with the update to marvel, i'ma go check that out.
    Characters can now air block when falling to the ground after an air dash.

I like this.
    Characters can now air block when falling to the ground after an air dash.

I like this.

It was dumb of them to change this in the first place. As for the infinite it scaled too hard after the third rep anyway =).
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

i mean.... i do have a 60 inch TV with a super hot sound system so i'll be looking for the hotness to happen.

I'm surprised they didn't take out the fact that nova's M centurion rush ignores groundbounce limitations--meaning in x factor he gets an akuma-tatsu-like infinite that looks like he's playing basketball with the opponent.

i'm currently liking nemesis, spencer, doom as a team. wanna see how that works for a bit.
  • bonggod1bonggod1 Joined: Posts: 23
    What's good every one, sorry I have t posted in a while my computer shit out me so I gotta do this from my phone, good matches NewBlood on UMvC3, sorry about the last few rounds I was setting up a 2nd tv in the game room at the same time, so I sucked even more than I usually do , but anyway thanks leveling me up, and out a lot ,your hulk is nasty !! Any thing gonna happen here as far as another get together before or after the holidays???
    i mean.... i do have a 60 inch TV with a super hot sound system so i'll be looking for the hotness to happen.

I'm surprised they didn't take out the fact that nova's M centurion rush ignores groundbounce limitations--meaning in x factor he gets an akuma-tatsu-like infinite that looks like he's playing basketball with the opponent.

i'm currently liking nemesis, spencer, doom as a team. wanna see how that works for a bit.

Nova is one of those characters that's strong, but definitely needs ALL of the tools he has to be effective. I treat him like Vergil and early pushblock his strings to make him whiff, then punish with gamma charge to take you into the corner; chances are you die there:eek: . Nova is also not very tricky without an assist and easy to block. Most of his specials are punishable on block and can be armored through. He is great in xfactor level 3, but who isn't?;)
    What's good every one, sorry I have t posted in a while my computer shit out me so I gotta do this from my phone, good matches NewBlood on UMvC3, sorry about the last few rounds I was setting up a 2nd tv in the game room at the same time, so I sucked even more than I usually do , but anyway thanks leveling me up, and out a lot ,your hulk is nasty !! Any thing gonna happen here as far as another get together before or after the holidays???

Thanks Mr. God, I work hard on him. My blocking is still very suspect especially with all the fucking characters with a teleport. Still lots to be done, but he is far more than St. H as many would have you believe and my motivation for sticking with him. Most Hulk players on streams, majors play him on anchor (why??????), no otg (really?????), or idolize Mike Ross (worse than Noah, and terrible at the game) as the best Hulk player. There are some really talented Hulk's out there like Mr. Sinister on Option Select stream (whom my main team is modeled after) and another on Peaceful Jay whose name escapes me at the moment. Anyway look to those streams for real Hulk's I'm not there yet, but thanks all the same haha. Just my opinion.

In regards to our matches, I figured something was up so no worries:tup:. We should run it back sometime soon for sure...

Which brings me to this Friday. If anyone wants to come through early (Kraig has come over as early as 830 am), I am good until 8 pm. I am also off until next Tuesday starting tomorrow. AE is actually decent now so let's get it poppin. If you can't make it then I assume most would be able to get some online matches going. Anyway offer stands, take advantage if you want:china:.
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

• Dusty FeetsDusty Feets Best in Maine Joined: Posts: 372
    NewBlood, I see all these high level players playing Gouken. Thinking about playing him again since you have some material to watch?
    NewBlood, I see all these high level players playing Gouken. Thinking about playing him again since you have some material to watch?

Believe it or not there has always been plenty of material to watch when it comes to Gouken. REAL Gouken players like Desora, Bullcat, and Shine have been playing elite level. Gouken was pretty damn good prior to AE or 2012 (despite sorely lacking simple tools like hit confirmable normals and links) and these buffs are more icing on the cake than legitimizing Gouken as a real character. I will however enjoy watching all the stream monsters have orgasms over "cool gouken combos" amongst other stuff that is common place for anyone who has taken 5 minutes open youtube and type in Gouken though;) .

Canada Cup and Infiltration's "godlike" Gouken is just a small sample of how little anyone knew about him:rolleyes:. A similar influx of "omg they are good now" frauds to run towards Guy and possibly Rose too, but that's Par for the course whenever buffs and nerfs are handed out like candy I suppose. On a more positive note, whatever top players do work at him will bring out his true potential. Its great when characters that fall in the mid tier get some shine. SCR was more fun with a Fuerte in top 3.

Ill be lacing up the kicks with Guy for this go around again. The main issue with my character identity crisis since vanilla is listening to too many opinions on my game and who would best suit my style. Now I don't care. Nor do I care to have the respect of anyone I play against; it's not a gentleman's club. "Random" "Free" "Just Do It"...music to my ears:D. It's how Capcom designs their games these days anyway right?
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

Gundam Extreme Vs Basics Tutorial! :tup:
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

hey that's neat

Gundam Extreme Vs Basics Tutorial! :tup:

It's coming Saturday! Can't Wait!! ::Bart Scott voice::

January=Fighters Den 3/PWA Revival

TBD 2012- Fighter's Den 4...in New York City @ NEXT LEVEL Arcade.

Let me know what you think.:rock:
    The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

• VanerostVanerost Last Arc Joined: Posts: 239
    Sorry, phone wasnt alerting me that the thread got updated. Star wars is WoW meets lightsabers with a really fucking awesome story, so basically im addicted to crack now.

Meep moop herp derp divekick didihitthem !?!