New Hampshire: The Sessions...Return of Salt Mines Starts 1/15/13

1565758596062»

Comments

• CollCc_HackenfallCollCc_Hackenfall Joined: Posts: 6
    richardo wrote: »
    Hello CollCc_Hackenfall. Unfortunately we (all of us) may be relocating to somewhere in Canada in a couple of years. The original plan was to move to Alaska and become crab fishermen, but we finally decided on buying some land (in Canada) to start up a nice lab in order to make copious amounts of methamphetamine. Bad timing, I guess.. but maybe you can start your own legitimate scene around here if you do end up relocating in a couple of years.
    LOL. I got a strong whiff of sarcasm in that post. If I end up moving though, I'll be happy to put in work to get a scene established there. I'm a doer, ya dig?
  • NewBloodNewBlood Mika Boyz Joined: Posts: 945
    PhuriosO wrote: »
    Anyone having sessions today

Aside from the dates of sessions listed on the front page, hit me up via text when you get some random days to play. 617 755 3830. Ill be around most of this weekend too.

Yo. I may be relocating to New Hampshire in a couple of years. Lookin' to get into NH's FGC a little early. From the looks of things, you don't have much of a legitimate scene there?

Your name sounds really familiar, should it be? I am also assuming the CollCc means you are sponsored as well? Anyway welcome, and genuinely appreciate the forethought (although possibly for naught) in reaching out years in advance of your arrival. In reference to a NH scene, if by legitimate you mean a consistent gathering of players with eSports and tournament wins on their minds ala Runback, Wednesday Night Fights or Battle Circuit you will be disappointed.

We had a few things going consistently (venue, ran a great tournament, weeklies, casual sessions), but for a variety of reasons it all fell through. There have been a variety of new faces that have come through and said similar things about wanting to play or setting things up in NH and disappeared. Never once showing up to a gathering or showing up JUST once, never to be heard from again. Not sure what it is, but I do there needs to be an influx of new players to kinda feed the fire of what remains of the few of us whom get together every now and again. If you are bringing or can provide those types of ideas in advance of your arrival I am all ears, assuming of course you have plenty of experience in community building. Otherwise as a "doer" you will have quite a task ahead of you and plenty to do.
    The World is Lucky.

Despite How Much I Hate The World, I Have Decided To Mend It Rather Than Destroy It.

-Koko Hekmatyar

NewBlood wrote: »
    PhuriosO wrote: »
    Anyone having sessions today
    Your name sounds really familiar, should it be? I am also assuming the CollCc means you are sponsored as well? Anyway welcome, and genuinely appreciate the forethought (although possibly for naught) in reaching out years in advance of your arrival. In reference to a NH scene, if by legitimate you mean a consistent gathering of players with eSports and tournament wins on their minds ala Runback, Wednesday Night Fights or Battle Circuit you will be disappointed.

We had a few things going consistently (venue, ran a great tournament, weeklies, casual sessions), but for a variety of reasons it all fell through. There have been a variety of new faces that have come through and said similar things about wanting to play or setting things up in NH and disappeared. Never once showing up to a gathering or showing up JUST once, never to be heard from again. Not sure what it is, but I do there needs to be an influx of new players to kinda feed the fire of what remains of the few of us whom get together every now and again. If you are bringing or can provide those types of ideas in advance of your arrival I am all ears, assuming of course you have plenty of experience in community building. Otherwise as a "doer" you will have quite a task ahead of you and plenty to do.
    My name sounds familiar? I'm a nobody as of right now, so I will say that it shouldn't sound familiar unless there is another Hackenfall out there. I doubt this because this is a name I've had in my head since childhood. The tag is has a personal significance, not a sponsor at all.

If I end up relocating there, I'd be looking at Manchester since it's an urban area. I'm renting an apartment until I acquire enough money to buy land and move somewhere else in the state. I believe in moderation, so I'm not discouraged by the lack of bona fide community in New Hampshire -- pay-to-play venues, tournaments, pots and the like. I'd rather start out like Jaxelrod. You know, a spot where gamers can come together and grind from whenever to whenever, then build a more legitimate scene like Runback, Big Two, etc, for those who want to do that thing. I'm currently in Florida, and the scene where I am is non-existent. I'm leaving soon, so I guess it doesn't matter.

I have a plan and a direction, but first, I want to get a headcount. If you and your friends who play can message me or something, I'll be more than happy to get this show on the road. I may have a lot of work to do, but I believe in working hard, then playing harder.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, I play all kinds of games. I don't discriminate. The same applies to fighting games in particular. My focus is with Marvel 3, Tekken Tag 2, and Dead or Alive 5, but I'll give anything an honest go. I've been trying to break into Persona 4 and King of Fighters 13. Third Strike I'm not fond of, but will play if, you know, there is interest.

Anyway, that's everything. Like I said, if you want to discuss this further, don't hesitate, you or your friends, to send me a message or reply here in this thread. Looking forward to setting something up.
  • CitizenCIACitizenCIA Flipping tables since 96' Joined: Posts: 1,139
    If any of you NH doods are hype for injustice, check out this big event we got going on at Game Underground.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/177744/april-21st-2013-game-underground-injustice-gau-all-day-event-framingham-ma
    USA's 7th best Hakan.
    "I'll write to Capcom after this, ask them to nerf Hakan" "Thank you..put him back where he should be."
  • capsuletoycocapsuletoyco BRAD KAIN! Joined: Posts: 540
    penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis, this thread is dead.

i picked up persona 4 arena again if anyone wants to play with me and nick. i'm also picking kof 13 up again so yeah, someone play something so we can hang out again gaiz!!

i picked up persona 4 arena again if anyone wants to play with me and nick. i'm also picking kof 13 up again so yeah, someone play something so we can hang out again gaiz!!
    I also play KoFXIII and Persona 4: Arena. Looks like I'll be busy when I visit New Hampshire during autumn.

Damn, didn't realize it was that dead lol. ECT is a week from Friday if peeps want to come by for it. Should be a good tournament. When are we ordering our Japanese copies of BB:CP? Has Under Night come out yet on console? Will batman defeat the joker? BB comes out in December I read and you promised to teach me don't forget!
    The World is Lucky.

Despite How Much I Hate The World, I Have Decided To Mend It Rather Than Destroy It.

-Koko Hekmatyar

• Potable PotpourriPotable Potpourri Joined: Posts: 32

When's UN: IB coming out for consoles?

Hey, it's one of those guys who was at the meet-up who never went to another weekly afterwards, and I come with an important question: I remember talking with one of you out in front of the hotel ( I believe your name was Mike) about an arcade down in Mass where you could pay $10, or $20 over the weekend and play any cabinet you wanted all day. I'm asking because I have a friend who would like to build his own arcade in a similar format, one day. Any feedback would be much obliged.
  • komradekraigkomradekraig Joined: Posts: 634
    bumping it.

yep, that just happened.
  • toastedwigztoastedwigz Joined: Posts: 165
    Just dropped by on a whim and the thread is dead, go figure. :D
    [p2w]
    RIP nesn00b
  • NarrooNarroo Joined: Posts: 115
  • OnlineAthleteOnlineAthlete Joined: Posts: 2
    bump from Keene
    Bumping from Rochester.
    Come on, New Hampshire. Don't fail me now!
    New Hampshire had indeed failed me.
    ::Awakes from slumber:: Sup folks, anyone playing SFV?? Or rather who isn't at this point =). Moved back to MA for work related reasons, but would still like to help out with some NH gatherings. I'm in Dorchester now so I wouldn't ask anyone to drive down, but if you're willing pr close to Boston at some point my door is always open. If not lets get some online whenever its fixed:

PSN: Manjiknight
    Fighter ID: MikaShake (haven't started rank yet, still in the hyperbolic time chamber)
    Twitch.tv/newblood510 (Gotta keep record of any matches...for science)

Anyway hope all NH B)

The World is Lucky.

-Koko Hekmatyar

• NoChartNoChart Some say it's vanity, some say it's charm. Joined: Posts: 762
    Southern NH scrub, here. Looking to level up at locals.
    Steam ID: NoChart
  • CrkfiendCrkfiend Joined: Posts: 4
    edited June 2016
    Alright Fellas (and maybe ladies),

My name is Tony, I'm from the Testyourmight forums, kind of a long lurker on SRK. I'm looking at starting up weekly casuals in Weare, NH. Trying to weigh out interest and find out what games you guys would be interested in. I have UMK3 and am currently building a 3rd Strike arcade cabinet. I'd love to do tournaments on those, and we could also play some newer games like MKX, Injustice and maybe SF4/5. Post here if there's any interest. Of you can reach me over on Testyourmight too. I'll check over here periodically as well. Lets make fight nights a thing again.
    (CROSS POSTED ON OTHER FGC SITES)

Alright New Hampshirites and Massholes, let's try this a bit more formally:

I'm starting a new weekly fight night Thursdays @ 6:00PM in Weare NH. Anyone is welcome to attend. We can play console fighters as well as Arcade games, Casuals AND tournaments with the right turn out. On site, I have MK9, Injustice, MKX, SSF4:AE, as well as Street Fighter 3: Third Strike and an Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 arcade machines (Working on building a Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 now). We can pool together for pizza, or something. Feel free to bring your own games. If interested, PM me for address. I would like to start the first Fight Night formally on August 4th. I will continue to post here with status updates, and post here if interested in participating.
    @NewBlood @NoChart @CollCc_Hackenfall @Potable Potpourri @OnlineAthlete @Narroo @toastedwigz @komradekraig @capsuletoyco @CitizenCIA And anyother New Hampshirites!

Fight Nights are starting this Thursday! 8/4/16 in Weare NH. Will probably keep it pretty casual for the first night. Will probably start pick up tourneys, hang out and have fun. Hope to see some of you there.
  • NoChartNoChart Some say it's vanity, some say it's charm. Joined: Posts: 762
    Damn, I missed it. I'm a PC warrior, so all I have mobile is a laptop and my PS4 stick. Let me know if it picks back up. I work the graveyard shift, so weekday nights are rough.
    Steam ID: NoChart
    edited August 2016
    NoChart wrote: »
    Damn, I missed it. I'm a PC warrior, so all I have mobile is a laptop and my PS4 stick. Let me know if it picks back up. I work the graveyard shift, so weekday nights are rough.

I get the work thing, but If you can make it, we're gunning for Wednesday @ 6PM. Speaking with another FGC member, they let me know that Thursday conflicted with another local event. So I decided to hold this on Wednesday's.