The NEW Official Arcade Stick Art Thread NO IMAGE QUOTING!

Comments

• heunnerisbonosheunnerisbonos Joined: Posts: 77
    hecz wrote: »
    Something i whipped up while i could sleep using D3Vs vs city template.
    from wich game is this art?

Its actually from the anime Kill La Kill
  • heczhecz AboveDaInfluence24/7 Joined: Posts: 1,270
    hecz wrote: »
    Something i whipped up while i could sleep using D3Vs vs city template.
    from wich game is this art?

Its actually from the anime Kill La Kill

I like how the characters look I wish there were 3d models on them to mod them on poison :(
    Twitch:
    My mods: http://metrocitymodders.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3900632
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/xHECZx_SFV_MODS
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
  • SavageWolffSavageWolff Joined: Posts: 1
    can someone help me make a design for my qanba q1? have the type of layout and the pictures but i need a background and someone with photoshop skills
  • supertweekersupertweeker Joined: Posts: 2
    so do people on here actually sell these or are they for download? because i would love to pay for a nice Saga print featuring Lying Cat. not exactly sure how to get a hold of anyone to that, figured here would be a good start.
  • jshbell256jshbell256 Joined: Posts: 25
    Anyone seen any cool dbz ones? I saw one where the buttons were dragon balls but i haven't seen too many besides that.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,134 mod
    so do people on here actually sell these or are they for download? because i would love to pay for a nice Saga print featuring Lying Cat. not exactly sure how to get a hold of anyone to that, figured here would be a good start.

Just ask anyone who makes art.
  • 4balls4balls Joined: Posts: 7
    Was approached for a commission a couple weeks ago. Struggled with ways to bring all those clashing art styles together but the customer gets what the customer wants after all.

q7ZbH1r.jpg
    First one was what I initially presented to him without any input on what he wanted other than the characters.

iAGUFEw.jpg
    Second one was the final product after consulting with him and finding out he wanted something along the lines of the Femme Fatale Madcatz stick.

Used contrasting color schemes to unify the images since I couldn't do anything about the mix of four different games and some anime some not. Hit me with some feedback guys.
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,534
    @4balls
    The source images you're using are WAY too low-resolution. You're gonna get really nasty jagged edges and blurry details when you print them out.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • 4balls4balls Joined: Posts: 7
    @4balls
    The source images you're using are WAY too low-resolution. You're gonna get really nasty jagged edges and blurry details when you print them out.

The Chun-Li one was a problem obviously. The rest turned out fine.
  • Emig5mEmig5m Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey guys, I found this thread through Google search. I don't really play fighting games that often although I did back in the day in the arcade and do own the newest Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat and play from time-to-time, my favorite childhood arcade game is R-Type. I wanted so badly to buy an original arcade cabinet but don't think I could get it in my place. So I bought an Atrox 360 arcade stick to play R-Type Dimensions on the 360 and the original arcade version on MAME. I wish I had the artistic skills to make a replica of the original arcade control panel theming for the Atrox but can't find a high resolution flat picture of it. This is what I came up with in Paint Shop Pro 7 (I know, it's old, but it suits my needs and supports Photoshop formats)

Atrox-R-Type-Dimensions.jpg

Basically all I did is swap the text and ship, lol. I have absolutely no artistic skills to make the art from scratch. If anyone could do a mock up of the original 1987 arcade control panel to fit the Atrox, how much would you charge?
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,883
    edited February 2015
    420ブレイズ・イット

I want that artwork, lol
  • heunnerisbonosheunnerisbonos Joined: Posts: 77
    28wp3yb.png

Work in progress for a client, any criticism is appreciated.
  • OhhaiariOhhaiari #SKFBGM Joined: Posts: 183

Pm'd, I offer my services to anyone who requests them, I'm even wanting to start making stickart from scratch. As in drawn on or painted digitally, I could use the practice and I'm always down to help somebody out.
    Street Fighter since birth, literally.
    Graphic artist by day
    Kawaii gaming aficionado by night

Now taking requests for commissions and designs!
    Ari♥

"These niggas live to hurt me." - Da Prince
  • EijikenEijiken Joined: Posts: 38
    So TE2 KI edition on the way, since i'm not a fan of the art, looking to commission a custom with some Beatmania IIDX Pendual and other stuff shamelessly put on there.

Because forget learning how to use photoshop =\
  • klawwklaww Dirtiest Grawgin Joined: Posts: 195
    So I used the KI te2 template, put it on my art, and sent it to tek innovations to print. (i'm using an Xrd TE2)
    When I got it, everything was perfect except the button holes were a liiittle too small. Did i use the wrong template or was the messup somewhere else?
    Terribad.
    PSN: KlawwG
    Steam: Klaww213 hit me up anytime. :3
    edited February 2015
    klaww wrote: »
    So I used the KI te2 template, put it on my art, and sent it to tek innovations to print. (i'm using an Xrd TE2)
    When I got it, everything was perfect except the button holes were a liiittle too small. Did i use the wrong template or was the messup somewhere else?

I guess you didn't read the TE2 info on his site? He uses and cuts the standard 30mm holes with his plexis and art, not the large holes Mad Catz uses so buttons can slip over it.

"TE 2 Artwork:

The only thing to note about the artwork is that we're cutting the button holes the traditional way as well, so it will also go underneath the buttons, instead of over, like the artwork options that came with the TE 2.

The Plexi Button hole sizes:

Another difference we need to address is Plexi button hole sizes. the original plexi is made to be applied over the buttons, so their button holes are much wider. We are not making our plexi holes the same way, and it will not fit over the buttons. Instead, we're going to do it the traditional way, and have it underneath the buttons so the buttons can snap on top. We decided this for the following reasons.

1) In order to accommodate the larger hole size, the spacing between the buttons is very thin. This makes the plexi extremely fragile in those areas and prone to cracking during shipment and overall handling.

2) By having the buttons snap on top, it produces a much more stable position so that the artwork and plexi doesn't bend around that area.

Additionally, we've had requests for wanting it this way, so that's the way we're going to do it. "
    Ah, I read that, but I misunderstood, thinking it only applied to plexi, not art.

So basically everything was okay, I just need to take the buttons out and put the art under them?
    Terribad.
    Yep you'll need to remove the buttons now before you place the artwork, or you can cut the right size to match with your plexi holes if you really want to be able to remove the buttons without removing the art(for some reason)
    Tensho wrote: »
    Yep you'll need to remove the buttons now before you place the artwork, or you can cut the right size to match with your plexi holes if you really want to be able to remove the buttons without removing the art(for some reason)
    ah, okay, that makes sense. I just kinda took off the original artwork and assumed new artwork was cut the same. Good to know I don't have to completely redo anything. Thanks!
    Terribad.
  • SpabobinSpabobin Ibuki, on the scene! Joined: Posts: 37
    I've been contemplating getting new stick art for over a year now, but I can never seem to get anywhere. I have a general idea of what I want (Ibuki and Felicia, possibly Sakura Kasugano as well, and sexy art since I like to jerk it in the middle of tournament matches) but I can never find sample images that fit perfectly. And I'm completely inept when it comes to art and anything like photoshop, which makes things even harder.

The biggest thing stopping me though is that I want to find a way to mod my stick with the select button to the left of the 8 standard buttons (with everything shifted over to accommodate) but unless I can cut my own plexiglass panels, I don't think that'll be happening any time soon. And obviously if I did manage to do that, I would need to alter the artwork to compensate as well.
    SF5 Main: Cammy Subs: Dhalsim, Mika, Chun, Laura
    USF4 Main: Ibuki Subs: Evil Ryu, Hugo
    UMvC3: Hulk/Haggar/Sentinel, Magneto/Doom/Phoenix
  • merkyofayceMFmerkyofayceMF KING OF THE ANTI-CLUTCH GENE Joined: Posts: 97
    edited March 2015
    I rarely see people do their own hand drawn art... did some.

do you charge for a commission, and how much? pm me please

also, put together a Vegeta template for a TE. Got a Chun TE-S I wanna trick out. I'm not sure which one I like the most.
    http://imgur.com/nmajDgj
    http://imgur.com/BDaRKqD
    http://imgur.com/eQIPvyu
    DBAC is the code I live by

XBL - merkyofayceMF
    PSN - ever_so_black

one pump chump so I only play ultra for the moment.
  • OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,541
    I need to put rhinestones on this thing so then its a true liberace stick!.

10842194_1626355227596928_6900851768541414641_o.jpg

11029502_1626355157596935_3002862608444523993_o.jpg

• MisterVespaMisterVespa MisterVespa Joined: Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    I'm a newbie fighter, so I've been working on a few designs for the Qanba Q1. This one here's a megaman theme of mine. Any suggestions?

jwig4x3fe7r8.jpeg

Edit 1
    Darksakul wrote: »

Lighten up your background, images are brighter on screen than they are on print.
    Other than that I don't have any issues.

If you are keeping that larger Megaman to the left of your joystick, consider using a clear dust washer or moving mega over a bit.

Consider it done! I think I'm gonna lean towards the clear dust cover. I appreciate your feedback!
    Post edited by MisterVespa on
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,277
    edited March 2015
    I'm a newbie fighter, so I've been working on a few designs for the Qanba Q1. This one here's a megaman theme of mine. Any suggestions?
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5020525/uploads/editor/dq/vgu5wjhss7zz.jpeg

Lighten up your background, images are brighter on screen than they are on print.
    Other than that I don't have any issues.

If you are keeping that larger Megaman to the left of your joystick, consider using a clear dust washer or moving mega over a bit.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • MisterVespaMisterVespa MisterVespa Joined: Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Here's another Q1 W.I.P from Skullgirls; Just threw it together for a friend.

EDIT: First thing I've noticed right off the bat is the character outlines; That'll need to be fixed first.
    39djub4pln08.jpeg
  • MrFrankFontaineMrFrankFontaine Joined: Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    I've been going over and over what I want to put on my TE2. I'm down to these three iterations. Thoughts?
    Pnpb.jpg
    Qnpb.jpg
    Nnpb.jpg
  • Gorilla WhiteGorilla White Joined: Posts: 118
    @MrFrankFontaine , All three are really nice, but I like the 3rd the best.
  • bloodstrikebloodstrike Joined: Posts: 8
    Wanted some SF:III Sean love for my TE2. Be kind.

r1fxwIK.jpg
    The only problem on that stick is that it has Sean on it.
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,351
    mikeohara wrote: »
    I need to get some new stick art done in time for Texas Showdown (since I may be going). I'm wanting the art to feature Poison in both regular and chibi forms, and I'm willing to negotiate some form of payment (probably can kick a few bucks over via Paypal to a competent artist).

This, only for Final Round and Satskui from Kill La Kill, also willing to kick currency for some good work.
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,351
    edited March 2015
    Wanted some SF:III Sean love for my TE2. Be kind.

http://i.imgur.com/r1fxwIK.jpg

Remove the quote or at least make it all fit and move Sean to the left so his finger isn't cut off.

Post edited by NENDO on
  • bloodstrikebloodstrike Joined: Posts: 8
    d3v wrote: »
    The only problem on that stick is that it has Sean on it.

Ah you see, that's part of my master plan. It's not that I suck at fighting games, it's the character I took. Yeah. That's it.

NENDO wrote: »
    Remove the quote or at least make it all fit and move Sean to the left so his finger isn't cut off.

Appreciate the feedback. The whole point of where the quote is right now is because I wanted the text to overflow and be cut off. You can still completely tell what is being said without the whole text being visible. Same goes for the "Sean" text at the top. By the time the TE2 bezel gets put on, the top and left of the text will be cut off.

I was trying to get Sean in a good position without cutting his finger off and I feel like I can't find a good middle ground. Either his finger get's cut off, or he gets moved all the way to the left and I end up with a big dead area around the stick. I'll keep playing with it.
  • mcbrazzlemcbrazzle Joined: Posts: 6
    Getting the new HORI (eventually... month long delays *sigh*) And kicked around an idea in photoshop. since I don't have any one fighting character I love enough to put on a new stick I went straight Marvel.

wn2nAmy.png
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,277
    Carol Danvers now now going by Captain Marvel with Kamala Khan took up the name Ms. Marvel
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • KwyjiboKwyjibo Joined: Posts: 476
    Anyone have a template for sanwa buttons?