The NEW Official Arcade Stick Art Thread NO IMAGE QUOTING!

Comments

• FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    Kwyjibo wrote: »
    Anyone have a template for sanwa buttons?

Are you requesting an individual file for clear Sanwa buttons?
    Most templates you download for artwork purposes will be PSD files with multiple layers and will have an individual layer for the button holes.
    You'll find downloads for all of those templates (and links to many more) on the first page of this topic.

SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
  • KwyjiboKwyjibo Joined: Posts: 476
    edited March 2015
    Kwyjibo wrote: »
    Anyone have a template for sanwa buttons?

Are you requesting an individual file for clear Sanwa buttons?
    Most templates you download for artwork purposes will be PSD files with multiple layers and will have an individual layer for the button holes.
    You'll find downloads for all of those templates (and links to many more) on the first page of this topic.
    Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks, I'll check one out.

Ok, I just tried 5 different templates, and none of them had layers for the button art.
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,351
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,124 mod
    poisonmar wrote: »
    I just wanted to keep my VX SA as simple as possible and I really liked the new SFV Ryu image. Plus the original art on my stick is turning yellow and starting to peel. I guess I'm going to have to spend $25 at Tek-Innovations for a plexi and artwork :smiley: Are they still a good option?

http://i59.tinypic.com/usjkg.jpg

Such a simple design. I approve!
  • KimuraLOXKimuraLOX Step into my zone, mad rhymes will stifle ya Joined: Posts: 4,088
    Waitin' on that HORI to come in to slap this badboy on

11026377_10153227870528777_713635206_n.jpg?oh=48a67f97b394008a6c554c19f60eec65&oe=54FD8703&__gda__=1425825847_98666cd8572ac8f111ec1afb615a6c15
  • Bluesman461Bluesman461 Joined: Posts: 163
    edited March 2015
    Here's one I did a while back. I was inspired by something similar I had seen.

24p9iqc.png
  • SpacedOutCadetSpacedOutCadet AKA roejo Joined: Posts: 55
    Here's one I did a while back. I was inspired by something similar I had seen.

the inside of the P is miscolored hope you havent printed yet

• skaloolaskaloola Joined: Posts: 172
    anyone link the source image for this?

xX4cHbS.jpg
  • happyEDhappyED Joined: Posts: 2
    2afa9kw.jpg
  • DoubleJumperzDoubleJumperz Always jump twice! Joined: Posts: 15
    edited March 2015
    Do I understand properly if I say that if I want to use this image with Art's Hobbies Photoshop template, I need to find a version that is way way way bigger?
    zyFlHtD.png

If the answer if yes, how do I go about finding it? I just need to hope that it exists somewhere? Thanks!

Edit: I poked around with my 0 Photoshop skills and looks like the image is fine at this size!
    Post edited by DoubleJumperz on
  • poisonmarpoisonmar Joined: Posts: 445
    edited March 2015
    I still can't decide .....Ryu or Raph??

2qxcll1.jpg
    Post edited by poisonmar on
  • heunnerisbonosheunnerisbonos Joined: Posts: 77
    edited March 2015
    10h6iye.jpg

does anyone have a template that looks like the hori vlx kuro?

edit: forgot to mention i wanted this for the vlx template
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,884
    Nope, it's not like the black/grey Vewlix-l art, it's all new so no one would have it, I'm sure someone could make it if you requested a commission and told them exactly how you want it.
  • VegeasVegeas Way of Jashin Joined: Posts: 501
    @poisonmar Raphael just because I'm getting sick of everyone using the same exact SF5 Art.

@poisonmar Do Raph, and change the "RAP" logo to say "RAPH" :D

Hahaha that's a great idea. I need to do that.
    Do I understand properly if I say that if I want to use this image with Art's Hobbies Photoshop template, I need to find a version that is way way way bigger?
    http://i.imgur.com/zyFlHtD.png

If the answer if yes, how do I go about finding it? I just need to hope that it exists somewhere? Thanks!

Edit: I poked around with my 0 Photoshop skills and looks like the image is fine at this size!

Yes, you need one that is larger and no that image is not fine at that size.
    edited March 2015
    d3v wrote: »

Following the instruction of not changing the size of the template and inserting my image on the right layer and placing it where I want it gives me this:

iyswi3V.jpg

I did something wrong?
    edited March 2015
    You can't change the template size but you can make Chun bigger. Click on her layer and hit control+T. This will allow you to resize her. Make her whatever size you need. Once you are done, double click on the zoom/magnifying tool. This will zoom at the exact print size quality and will allow you to check Chun's print quality and figuere out if you've stretched her too much. If she looks blurry The you need to make her smaller or find larger image.

Protip number 1: if she's too blurry re insert the image and resize as opposssed to just making smaller again. Image stretching degrades the image quality.

Protip number 2: always uses the double click on zoom tool to check print quality. And move around without zooming out by holding SPACE bar .

Source: I have a bachelor's degree in GD and do this for a living hehehe :smiley:
    edited March 2015
    Thank you very much for your help Poisonmar! I sent you a private message to not clog this topic.

Found a way bigger copy of the image too!
    Post edited by DoubleJumperz on

Following the instruction of not changing the size of the template and inserting my image on the right layer and placing it where I want it gives me this:

http://i.imgur.com/iyswi3V.jpg

I did something wrong?
    The issue is if you used that original image, resized it, and printed it out at 300 DPI, it would end up being quite blurry.
    The issue is if you used that original image, resized it, and printed it out at 300 DPI, it would end up being quite blurry.

Thank you very much for the help guys! I finally grasp how it works. I found the same image in a gigantic version and when checking the print, it is now very good looking. I changed the blue of her outfit to pink to fit the few pink Seimitsu buttons and balltop I got. Now to hope that the plexi and template for HRAP4 Kai will be added to Art's Hobbies!

Thank you very much for the help guys! I finally grasp how it works. I found the same image in a gigantic version and when checking the print, it is now very good looking. I changed the blue of her outfit to pink to fit the few pink Seimitsu buttons and balltop I got. Now to hope that the plexi and template for HRAP4 Kai will be added to Art's Hobbies!

Glad I could help
    2vj37tu.png

any critique on my latest shindig?
    Looks good to me. Clean and simple.
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    http://i62.tinypic.com/2vj37tu.png

any critique on my latest shindig?

Move the photo on the left further left to where the gun barrel isn't cut off and perhaps raise it a tiny bit. Not only will it be more visible when it's in use, but a button rim won't get in the way of the tip of the shot. If the photo is required to be there for any particular background placement, you could just shorten the barrel of the gun a few centimeters.

Do keep in mind the rim of the button will stick out a tiny bit further than the holes show.
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
    wm1oaf.png

This is the most i could do without making the dirt at the bottom raise up too much.
    edited March 2015
    @poisonmar - I really like the "Hori RAPH VX-SA" artwork.

http://i57.tinypic.com/wm1oaf.png

This is the most i could do without making the dirt at the bottom raise up too much.

That looks good. :-)

Do you plan on having a clear dustwasher?
    The black background ink around the joystick won't show (much) with a black dustwasher so if you want it to blend in you might want to make it bigger.

Also, if you're going plexi instead of lamilabel/vinyl it'd be great to skip the start button and repurpose it somewhere on the stick base. Don't know if you have the skills for that but it'd make the artwork even better.
    That looks good. :-)

Do you plan on having a clear dustwasher?
    The black background ink around the joystick won't show (much) with a black dustwasher so if you want it to blend in you might want to make it bigger.

Also, if you're going plexi instead of lamilabel/vinyl it'd be great to skip the start button and repurpose it somewhere on the stick base. Don't know if you have the skills for that but it'd make the artwork even better.

Yes i have a clear dustwasher, a small one i had a friend make that doesnt cover as much but does its job. also as for the start button i have no idea how to do that, im a very inexperienced modder, but i have a lot of fun with it so i want to learn more. maybe switching the start button would be a good project for me. Also or reference this art is going on the new ps4 vlx. cant wait.
  • SpabobinSpabobin Ibuki, on the scene! Joined: Posts: 37
    Question, is the template for the Madcatz TE2 on the first page the same for all versions of the stick? I have the guilty gear Xrd PS3/PS4 TE2 and want to make sure there's not a difference between the Xbone version or something
    SF5 Main: Cammy Subs: Dhalsim, Mika, Chun, Laura
    USF4 Main: Ibuki Subs: Evil Ryu, Hugo
    UMvC3: Hulk/Haggar/Sentinel, Magneto/Doom/Phoenix
    Question, is the template for the Madcatz TE2 on the first page the same for all versions of the stick? I have the guilty gear Xrd PS3/PS4 TE2 and want to make sure there's not a difference between the Xbone version or something

Yes it should be the same.
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,351

Some artwork a friend's girlfriend did for me.11073819_846343538763552_9213106859100303622_n.jpg?oh=3f7e05fd4f2fdc049c8ca98e98443583&oe=55BC7CA9&__gda__=1434293365_3945076d02eaf6657e54929a20478323
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
    Tried to make my own artwork. What do you guys think? I just couldn't think of any background at all so I just splatted paint. Any tips or advice?

http://i.imgur.com/aul4fsi.jpg?2
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,531
    @Vegeas Very nice, but the main problem is that the paint splatter is super-sharp and crisp, whereas your artwork is (understandably) not.
    I'd recommend inking your artwork and coloring it digitally (even in grayscale), so that it can be just as sharp.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • Wade GarrettWade Garrett Joined: Posts: 153
    edited March 2015
    Slow day for me, kinda lame but I don't play P4AU and needed new art that matches the blue side panels so American Dee Jay it is.

Kinda like the old school woodstock vibe I tried to give it. Any thoughts on what I can add?

b6aEsua.jpg